Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses: The Real Story Behind Their Return
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses: The Real Story Behind Their Return  (Read 31997 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2016, 07:59:11 AM »

Aren't all the people who gave quotes for this article no longer associated with GNR?? as in hasn't been involved with any aspect of the workings of GNR since like way before 1995??

And isn't that Arlett person that says GNR wouldn't reunite because of Axl's distain of Slash's ex-wife, in fact the same person fired from her duties with VR by Perla?

Pretty much yeah.
I think she worked for VR at some point but was let go. I think Scott took offense to something she said, or something.
Edit: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-weiland-fires-publicist-over-blabbermouth-net-story/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2016, 08:03:16 AM »

That was a good article thanks for posting.    Didn't really like some of the comments here from some daily ball cap wearing, non traveling homebodies.   

But

The article was good

You mean by that-fans who live in the real world and are aware not everyone likes GNR?

Not sure what you're getting at with the 'non traveling homebodies' dig though. Pretty weird.

If you know your real world friends don?t give a shit about GN?R. Then I guess you can talk about other things you know they enjoy talking about.

We are all well aware that not everyone likes GN`R the same way that not everyone likes The Rolling Stones. Now it?s another story if those people are hoping that something  goes wrong at a GN?R show
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2016, 09:06:21 AM »

Here it says that Axl was planning the reunion for two years.

Do you think his plans started when Ron announced that he will leave the band, or did Axl's plans lead to Ron leaving?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2016, 09:33:39 AM »

The wheels in Axl's head might have been turning about doing a reunion but maybe Tommy going back to the Replacements was what set it off. Only Axl can answer that.

It also opens up opportunities for members to work together outside of GNR. Even if Ron, DJ or Tommy are out, they're still a part of the family, so is Izzy and almost everyone except Buckethead. It would be cool to see him and Bootsy Collins showing up to a GNR gig!! Bring the funk.

They're not splitting 7 million dollars 3 ways, a lot of people have to get paid.  
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:39:49 AM by raindogs70 » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »

The wheels in Axl's head might have been turning about doing a reunion but maybe Tommy going back to the Replacements was what set it off. Only Axl can answer that.

It also opens up opportunities for members to work together outside of GNR. Even if Ron, DJ or Tommy are out, they're still a part of the family, so is Izzy and almost everyone except Buckethead. It would be cool to see him and Bootsy Collins showing up to a GNR gig!! Bring the funk.

They're not splitting 7 million dollars 3 ways, a lot of people have to get paid.  

I think it was as simple as Slashes divorce.    Soon as that was announced    The wheels starter end turning
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2016, 01:07:10 PM »

That was a good article thanks for posting.    Didn't really like some of the comments here from some daily ball cap wearing, non traveling homebodies.   

But

The article was good

You mean by that-fans who live in the real world and are aware not everyone likes GNR?

Not sure what you're getting at with the 'non traveling homebodies' dig though. Pretty weird.

No

What I meant was I didn't like the comments buy some people.  Who wear baseball hats everyday......   Who complain about live shows, but never travel to see them (when some are only a few hrs away), but they love to listen to the audio of the shows.   Then judge them.   Like they where there.  With there ball cap
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »

That was an interesting article, thanks for posting, Spirit.

Funny how people say the reunion tour is not about money, but then everyone talks about the money and the split.

Come on, this is what they do for a living. They don't play for free. Their big houses were not given to them for free. I have no doubt that the band members have some hope of doing something creative, maybe some new songs, but at the end of the day the money has to be a big part of the equation.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2016, 02:16:25 PM »

I think it was as simple as Slashes divorce.    Soon as that was announced    The wheels starter end turning

This article that Spirit posted is very well written BUT all the stories and people they are quoting haven't been involved with GNR business dealings for years n' years and in most cases decades!  They have ZERO idea what brought about the regrouping and are using their past association with GNR and it's members for their own personal gain and for further their own agenda.

We don't know what the circumstances were for Axl and Slash getting to this point in time.
IMO this Arlett person is possibly stirring up shit by saying it's because of Slash's divorce that brought Axl around when in fact, Arlett has a long standing feud with Perla. 

I am/was not a fan of Perla either but IMO don't think it's right for Arlett to use Axl's name to further her agenda against Perla.

Similar to all of Steven's issues, I wouldn't want to see something like this becoming a contentious issue between Axl and Slash (like "I can say bad things about my ex but don't let me hear anyone else saying bad things about her either" kind of thing)   

Below is the 2005 article by Celebrity Justice where Arlett states her feud is with Perla:

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2005/07/17/Publicist-claims-she-was-stiffed-by-Slash/69291121619247/
Publicist claims she was stiffed by Slash
Published: July 17, 2005 at 12:54 PM

LOS ANGELES, July 17 (UPI) -- Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash is being sued by his former publicist who claims the former Guns 'N Roses member owes her thousands of dollars.

Publicist Arlett Vereecke told "Celebrity Justice" she got Slash all kinds of work, including a weeklong co-hosting gig on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and a voice part in the animated series, "Kid Notorious" -- and he never paid her commission.

"Celebrity Justice" says Vereecke got fired as Velvet Revolver's publicist after a run in with singer Scott Weiland, but continued to represent Slash as a solo artist.

But she claims Slash's wife, Perla Hudson, came between their business relationship.

"She's on a power trip," she said of her former client's wife. "It's all about her. She doesn't want Slash to be involved with anyone but her."

? 2005 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2016, 07:18:14 PM »

I'm sorry i don't buy that the guys divorce was the main reason Axl finally decided let go of a 20 year blood feud... I'm sure Perla isn't considered a peach...but still.

The Replacements tour still appears to be the number 1 reason why this finally all came together... until we hear otherwise... that's what I'd put my money on. There is no way after talking so much stuff over with Duff that Axl didn't relent on some of those ill feelings on the past with him and Slash.

It would be really amazing if one day we find out about some chance meeting where they bumped in to each other at the supermarket and just started talking.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2016, 11:43:05 PM »

So, Arlett Vereecke mentions Chinese Democracy and Madagascar specifically as songs being rehearsed.

I guess CD makes sense as it was the single, and maybe most well-known to the casual fan. Madagascar is a choice I like, but not sure about the reasoning behind it, it was played at the VMAs as well, so it might be for familiarity?

There will probably be a whole lot of people at these concerts that didn't attend in the past 15 years...

Yeah I do like the inclusion of madagascar,

I hope they play This I Love too... would be great. I don't want a bunch of CD songs, they just don't sound that good live to be honest. They are more suited for teh studio

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2016, 11:46:42 PM »

Thorned Rose said a similar thing a few weeks ago....that the split would be even.  I just didn't understand that comment and still dont.  This doesn't surprise me at all.  Do people really think after all these years, Axl is just going to drop down to equal partnership?  No way in hell.....and why would he?

Not saying that you think it should be equal, just referencing what Thorned Rose said

Yeah, I recall that.  It was weird.

But also recognize he couches a lot of his stuff in terms of how things "should be".  That's rarely applicable when it comes to Axl, I've found.

Yeah I just think it should be closer to even or even. I still think that.

It won't be... because he cried to "own" the name... and since he owns the name it is HIS CALL.

Sadly true. but yes 25% of what they are asking is a nice chunk. More than I'll make  in my life lol

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2016, 11:53:38 PM »

After reading through it all, I think Duff had the largest part of this, and when Stinson left... it opened the door.

That is why this reunion is happening I think. Duff being a central stable piece and Stinson bowing out after 16 years of great service.

All is well, jacked up to see this happen!

But don't damn me
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2016, 12:28:01 AM »

So, Arlett Vereecke mentions Chinese Democracy and Madagascar specifically as songs being rehearsed.

I guess CD makes sense as it was the single, and maybe most well-known to the casual fan. Madagascar is a choice I like, but not sure about the reasoning behind it, it was played at the VMAs as well, so it might be for familiarity?

There will probably be a whole lot of people at these concerts that didn't attend in the past 15 years...

Yeah I do like the inclusion of madagascar,

I hope they play This I Love too... would be great. I don't want a bunch of CD songs, they just don't sound that good live to be honest. They are more suited for teh studio

When Axl is in top form I.R.S. sounds mean as hell. --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzvV4x5nIgE

Tweak it back to the 2002 Street Of Dreams. --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TucXLurA8v8

Any version of Better where Axl goes for the high notes in the bridge.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2016, 07:10:54 AM »

But

The article was good

No

What I meant was I didn't like the comments buy some people.  Who wear baseball hats everyday......   Who complain about live shows, but never travel to see them (when some are only a few hrs away), but they love to listen to the audio of the shows.   Then judge them.   Like they where there.  With there ball cap

I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what this means at all.

Which fans on here are intending to just sit at home and listen to audio and not go to live shows if they can? I can't recall any GNR fan ever saying that!

Also the bit about wearing baseball caps all day is just surreal. What on earth are you talking about?!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Princess Leia
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2016, 08:03:35 AM »

But

The article was good

No

I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what this means at all.

Which fans on here are intending to just sit at home and listen to audio and not go to live shows if they can? I can't recall any GNR fan ever saying that!

Also the bit about wearing baseball caps all day is just surreal. What on earth are you talking about?!

Nobody has any idea what he means. Heck! He never has any idea what he means. It's part of his charm. We got used to it

Don't worry about it in the least  peace
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2016, 10:31:17 AM »

If you have the money and time to see a Gn'R show... and choose not to... then you aren't a fan.

That's it.

But don't damn me
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »

If you have the money and time to see a Gn'R show... and choose not to... then you aren't a fan.

That's it.

I agree with this
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »

That's it.

I agree with this

Bullshit.  I choose not to go but that doesn't mean I am any less a fan than those who choose to attend.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »

That's it.

I agree with this

Bullshit.  I choose not to go but that doesn't mean I am any less a fan than those who choose to attend.

Why wouldn't you go?   If you had both enough time or money?

Personally.  If I had both enough time and money.   I would be travelling around with the band seeing every show.  I would also be travelling around with with bluejays watching every game. 

Sadly.  I neither have enough time or money for all that.   

So I am stuck seeing a couple of shows and travelling around to watch a few ball games
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2016, 01:40:21 PM »

Why wouldn't you go?   If you had both enough time or money?

Personally.  If I had both enough time and money.   I would be travelling around with the band seeing every show.  I would also be travelling around with with bluejays watching every game. 

Sadly.  I neither have enough time or money for all that.   

So I am stuck seeing a couple of shows and travelling around to watch a few ball games
Just a personal choice. 
I am also a NY Yankees fan but choose not to attend games anymore either.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: