Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:55:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses: The Real Story Behind Their Return
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses: The Real Story Behind Their Return  (Read 31990 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2016, 03:21:48 PM »

If you have the money and time to see a Gn'R show... and choose not to... then you aren't a fan.

That's it.

I agree with this

Bullshit.  I choose not to go but that doesn't mean I am any less a fan than those who choose to attend.

I find it odd, to say the least that someone would consciously choose not to attend shows of their favorite band- but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2016, 04:02:15 PM »

If you have the money and time to see a Gn'R show... and choose not to... then you aren't a fan.

That's it.

I agree with this

Bullshit.  I choose not to go but that doesn't mean I am any less a fan than those who choose to attend.

I find it odd, to say the least that someone would consciously choose not to attend shows of their favorite band- but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

If you have both the time and money to make a show.   It is very very odd. 

Another I would do if I had the time and money is check out all the greatest beaches in the world.   

But since I don't have all the time in the world.   I will only be able to check it a couple this year

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2016, 04:08:36 PM »

The question was whether or not that means someone is not a fan.
I doubt anyone here would question that about me.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2016, 05:13:25 PM »

The question was whether or not that means someone is not a fan.
I doubt anyone here would question that about me.

No

The question was

If you have both the time and money to see or travel to a guns show    Why wouldn't you?   And really the feeling is yo are not a true fan

The answer you said was.   It's a personal choice. 

Well thanks for sharing that personal choice generic answer on this website.   

If you have both the time and the money.   And choose not to see them for w reason you don't want to to say.  But is not time or money.   I will call you NOT a real fan.    You may just be a fan of tall along about them online.   And wishing happy birthdays to people
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2016, 05:18:53 PM »

If you have both the time and the money.   And choose not to see them for w reason you don't want to to say.  But is not time or money.   I will call you NOT a real fan.    You may just be a fan of tall along about them online.

First off, I'm not speaking about Gypsy here...

I'll give you just one example of a case where you may have the time and money but can't go.

What if you have some sort of medical condition that makes it hard to leave the house?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2016, 05:26:18 PM »

If you have both the time and the money.   And choose not to see them for w reason you don't want to to say.  But is not time or money.   I will call you NOT a real fan.    You may just be a fan of tall along about them online.

I'll give you just one example of a case where you may have the time and money but can't go.

What if you have some sort of medical condition that makes it hard to leave the house?

Then you don't have the time

Really???   

Lots of people have issues.   And if they have the time and money to leave they can

If you have enough money you can have the best help.  You could get the best seats.    Shit if you have enough money guns will play in your back yard.    Here's 10 million Axl.   Play in my backyard.   I can't leave the house.

Time and money. 

That's all you need.    If you don't have it.   That's ok.  Just say it

Like I would love to eat pizza all the time.  But I don't have the time to hit the gym so much to work it off

If you have the tome and money.   There is no excuses

It's ok to say you don't have either.    But it's not ok to just say you don't want to go.   If you are a true guns fan
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2016, 05:28:00 PM »

Alan Niven should be the guy that manages the reunion his managerial record is what made GnR successful until Axl sacked him for some ridiculous reason ,one thing that I get from this article is a wait and see how the first few gigs go approach by promoters ,band and fans before a full tour is announced,the fact Axl is not at rehearsal is worrying one of the things that annoyed slash in the 90s was Axl not turning up for rehearsal or when they were recording Uyi,if the reunion is to work Izzy needs to be involved otherwise it will be on a knife edge.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2016, 05:40:05 PM »

Really???   

Lots of people have issues.   And if they have the time and money to leave they can

If you have enough money you can have the best help.  You could get the best seats.    Shit if you have enough money guns will play in your back yard.    Here's 10 million Axl.   Play in my backyard.   I can't leave the house.

Time and money. 

Like I would love to eat pizza all the time.  But I don't have the time to hit the gym so much to work it off

It's ok to say you don't have either.    But it's not ok to just say you don't want to go.   If you are a true guns fan

It could be fear of big crowds ...a lot of people have that. Or a handful of other reasons.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2016, 05:51:10 PM »

^^
That's a good reason.

Doesn't mean you don't have the time. You're not doing anything special instead of going to a show.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »

Really???   

Time and money. 

It could be fear of big crowds ...a lot of people have that. Or a handful of other reasons.

I think we are stretching here.   You may be talking about the 1% of people l that have both time and money but can't find a way to see gnr.   

I am courious to hear excuses.     As a true fan that traveles to see the band. 

99% of people with the time and money in life will do anything they want to do.   What they like to do.  If you have that.  What's your excuse for not seeing your favorite band
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2016, 06:05:00 PM »

Baconman, my situation is a good example.  I learned my lesson 10 years ago when I saw  Axl at the very first Hammerstein Ballroom show. It was after work. I took the subway and then walked to the Hammerstein. I had to stand for the entire concert. I  had to  take the PATH back to NJ, which is a mini subway from NYC to Hoboken. I had  to walk to my car, which I parked far. The next day I couldn't walk. The following day I was walking with a limp. I didn't  feel better until that the following Tuesday.

Part of my disability is that I was born with club feet along with a short left arm. The docs reconstructed my knees and ankles to correct it. As a result, I can't be too much or little on my feet.   I have to find the balance. Since then, I've avoided going to any club shows for any band. It doesn't make me any less of a fan. It's just that a medical condition that I have limits me to going to any show that involves standing for the entire night.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2016, 06:09:37 PM »

lol @ side-discussions sometimes hihi

btw, in advance: you're all better than me and beat me one on one

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2016, 06:23:42 PM »

Baconman, my situation is a good example.  I learned my lesson 10 years ago when I saw  Axl at the very first Hammerstein Ballroom show. It was after work. I took the subway and then walked to the Hammerstein. I had to stand for the entire concert. I  had to  take the PATH back to NJ, which is a mini subway from NYC to Hoboken. I had  to walk to my car, which I parked far. The next day I couldn't walk. The following day I was walking with a limp. I didn't  feel better until that the following Tuesday.

Part of my disability is that I was born with club feet along with a short left arm. The docs reconstructed my knees and ankles to correct it. As a result, I can't be too much or little on my feet.   I have to find the balance. Since then, I've avoided going to any club shows for any band. It doesn't make me any less of a fan. It's just that a medical condition that I have limits me to going to any show that involves standing for the entire night.

Thanks for sharing, although you didn't have to  ok

I don't think anyone should feel pressured to share their "excuse" for not going, but rather choose so themselves ? like draguns here.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2016, 06:46:41 PM »

If have also been in many discussions here where you have said concerts are too late

Where you have said you can't take time off work off to see these shows.... 

So it's still time and money

I am sure if you had enough money and didn't want to deal with crowds or anything.  You would find a way.   
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2016, 06:48:06 PM »

I don't think anyone should feel pressured to share their "excuse" for not going, but rather choose so themselves ? like draguns here.

No I want to read all excuses please.   

Because most of these people will be judging and trying to do reviews Of the band.  When they havnt even gone to see

It's very easy to sit at home and listen to bootlegs.    That's very easy
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2016, 06:59:14 PM »

Because most of these people will be judging and trying to do reviews Of the band.  When they havnt even gone to see

This is a very aggressive stance I think. Not sure why this matters really.

You say "most of these people" will be judging the shows by listening to bootlegs. Is this really a big deal?

I mean, here we talk about all the shows they do, all over the world and most of them (the ones we didn't attend ourselves) we use the youtube clips as our source.

None of us attend all the shows, except Jarmo... Tongue

If there's a live stream of Coachella, I can guarantee a live thread full of comments from people sitting at home watching.

Sweetness is a virtue
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2016, 07:00:17 PM »

Sure! ok It's part of who I am that's why I like to share these things. I like doing public speaking and writing on this subject matter of my disability since maybe I can change some misperceptions about people with disabilities..
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2016, 07:08:27 PM »

If have also been in many discussions here where you have said concerts are too late

I am sure if you had enough money and didn't want to deal with crowds or anything.  You would find a way.   

Baconman, I have said in the past due to time and money for other people. At this point in my life, the time is more of an issue for me than money since I'm single with no wife and kids. I do have my career to think about since I work in a fast-paced, deadline driven company. However, I will be at the MetLife show.  When GNR comes to MetLife Stadium, I'll be willing to spend the money depending on if I'm going by myself or friends.  As far as finding a way if I had money in dealing with crowds, I don't think so. There is a lack of education regarding accessibility issues for people with disabilities in the U.S. Granted things have improved but there is still more that needs to be done. 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2016, 07:09:06 PM »

This is a very aggressive stance I think. Not sure why this matters really.

You say "most of these people" will be judging the shows by listening to bootlegs. Is this really a big deal?

I mean, here we talk about all the shows they do, all over the world and most of them (the ones we didn't attend ourselves) we use the youtube clips as our source.

None of us attend all the shows, except Jarmo... Tongue

If there's a live stream of Coachella, I can guarantee a live thread full of comments from people sitting at home watching.

If I could attend all shows I would.  

People that can go to just one show that don't.  Blow me away.  

Unless you don't have the time or money.  

But if you have that.  Then don't go.  Then come online after just listening to bootlegs of the show.  Then try and give an opinion on it.  Or a review.   Beat it

And there are lots of people like that

There are also lots of people with personal situations that do just fine and seem to make concerts.  I am not a fan of telling your personal situations online.    If I was to start about mine we would be 20 pages deep.  At the end of the day it's just an excuse as to why you can't.     There is no "cant" in my life
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »

Baconman, I have said in the past due to time and money for other people. At this point in my life, the time is more of an issue for me than money since I'm single with no wife and kids. I do have my career to think about since I work in a fast-paced, deadline driven company. However, I will be at the MetLife show.  When GNR comes to MetLife Stadium, I'll be willing to spend the money depending on if I'm going by myself or friends.  As far as finding a way if I had money in dealing with crowds, I don't think so. There is a lack of education regarding accessibility issues for people with disabilities in the U.S. Granted things have improved but there is still more that needs to be done. 

So you plan on going to a show.    Cheers!   

That is great.  Hope to see you at a future show and I will buy you a drink.     
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: