Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 02:50:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your setlist wishes for the next concerts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your setlist wishes for the next concerts  (Read 51538 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »

In the past 15 years they've done virtually no drum solo spots in the shows. I don't think we'll see a return now.

There will probably be more than one guitar solo spot though.

When I saw them I'm pretty sure they did a drum solo. Could be wrong, though. Or maybe I was too drunk!  hihi

They've done the occasional one.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2016, 11:16:51 AM »

I think Frank did one in the first shows in the Far East in 2009.  I definitely have some bootleg with one on there.

Its boring and redundant, like all drum solos.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2016, 11:19:08 AM »

If Frank does something funky for a minute or so, then transitions into You Could Be Mine, that would be cool.

A near ten minute thing though, that's too much...  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
PSZU
Opening Act

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2016, 11:36:48 AM »

My wishlist (if they ever come te Europe Wink). Not really in a particular order...

Chinese Democracy
Easy
Brownstone
Nighttrain
Attitude
Outta Get Me
Street of Dreams
DTJ
LALD
Civil War
Right Next Door To Hell
Yesterdays
Patience
Better
November Rain
My Michelle
Sweet Child O Mine
Estranged
You Could Be Mine
Don't Damn Me
Paradise City

Pukkelpop 2002 - Graspop 2006 - Nijmegen 2006 - Antwerpen 2010 - Nijmegen 2017
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2016, 11:50:26 AM »

I kinda feel like it sucks that Slash has to wear it with the CD songs. I know they're a part of the GN'R canon, but it feels a bit Treaty of Versailles to me. Maybe he really digs 'em. Who am I to say.

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2016, 12:11:36 PM »

I kinda feel like it sucks that Slash has to wear it with the CD songs. I know they're a part of the GN'R canon, but it feels a bit Treaty of Versailles to me. Maybe he really digs 'em. Who am I to say.

I think its a peace offering / olive branch.  And way for Axl to save some face.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »

I think its a peace offering / olive branch.  And way for Axl to save some face.

Also, in all fairness there are some really good songs on Chinese. Far from all fits with Slash's thing, but a few of them do.

Sweetness is a virtue
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2016, 12:32:43 PM »

That's an angle I hadn't considered. I can see that. I wonder if they'll keep some of the alterations to the old songs that the new guys put in. Like the intro to Nighttrain and the pauses in Mr. Brownstone.

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2016, 12:49:51 PM »

I'd love to hear more CD tracks too

Maybe Street of Dreams/Catcher in the Rye with Slash's take on the solos
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »

I'd love to hear more CD tracks too

Maybe Street of Dreams/Catcher in the Rye with Slash's take on the solos

I think those you mentioned + I.R.S., Madagascar and TWAT are realistic options.

Sweetness is a virtue
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2016, 12:54:08 PM »

Yes! I almost forgot TWAT, my favorite song on CD  drool
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2016, 12:54:30 PM »

If Axl brought Slash and Duff back, but they didn't play anything recorded after 1993, the implication there is obvious.

Everything post their departure was a misadventure, and now we are just going to pretend it never happened.

I don't think Axl wants that perception out there, because it would be out there.  And I just don't think Slash or Duff would object to the point that they refuse.

I think Slash and Duff very much want to tour under the biggest banner of their career again.  And 1 or 2 CD songs in the set is just the cost of doing business.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »

If Axl brought Slash and Duff back, but they didn't play anything recorded after 1993, the implication there is obvious.

Everything post their departure was a misadventure, and now we are just going to pretend it never happened.

I don't think Axl wants that perception out there, because it would be out there.  And I just don't think Slash or Duff would object to the point that they refuse.

I think Slash and Duff very much want to tour under the biggest banner of their career again.  And 1 or 2 CD songs in the set is just the cost of doing business.

It could be a part of it.

But I think Slash always respected Axl as an artist even after leaving in 1996. I think Slash would have pushed hard to exclude any CD material if it was really bad.

Therefore I think the songs from CD they choose to play are songs that Slash genuinely likes.

But I guess there could be more of an emotional aspect for Slash to playing them or not. That it's more about the songs having been created when he was out of the band.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2016, 01:04:41 PM »

I don't think that Slash is just playing this songs as part of of a "business deal". He talked very positive about this album in the past and he can play whatever he wants anyway.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2016, 01:14:31 PM »

Sadly, none of the clips we have from the Troubador are of 'Chinese' or 'Better'.

But I called up the RIRIII version of CD last night.  If it sounds like that, I think it works.  Still think 'Better' is an odd choice for Slash. 

Ultimately, I see some other sort of retrospective coming out eventually.  Probably a double CD.  And I think that anything you hear on this tour is something that would appear on such a collection.

In other words, I wouldn't go holding my breath for 'Sorry' or 'Scraped'.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2016, 01:25:58 PM »

People kept requesting "The Dissident" off World on fire.
Played once - HUGE success.
Added to Euro tour ~ sing along crowds everywhere..
Sometimes...just do what the fans want! 😉💃

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2016, 01:31:45 PM »

Bad Obsession
Interesting, I'd like that. But who would play the harmonica?

Nobody played it when I saw them in 1991....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqrO3sjCf4I&t=11m55s
That sounded kinda weird to me. But yeah, it would work without it. Or maybe Melissa could play it? Or Dizzy? I dunno.

When they tour Europe, the lead singer from the warm up band, Michael Monroe   ok
That was awesome, even more because he was the one who recorded it on the song in the album, right?

Still think 'Better' is an odd choice for Slash. 
And why is that? The song is guitar driven, the only oddly thing to Slash would be the Bucket wacky solos, but those were taken care by Richard.

GNR1977
Opening Act

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2016, 04:11:47 PM »

I would like to hear Axls take on "by the sword" of slash his first solo album.

05-06-1993 Nijmegen
24-06-2006 Dessel
03-10-2010 Arnhem
04-06-2012 Rotterdam
23-04-2016 Indio, ca
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »

I don't think that they will play any material from Velvet Revolver, Loaded or Slashs solo albums.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2016, 04:48:12 PM »

I don't think that they will play any material from Velvet Revolver, Loaded or Slashs solo albums.

And I don't think they should

It's Guns n' Roses afterall
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: