Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227939 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses' current record company
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses' current record company  (Read 32349 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2017, 11:53:56 PM »

Izzy seems to do what he wants, when he wants. A good spot to be in. He doesn't need the money.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2017, 05:20:56 AM »

Izzy seems to do what he wants, when he wants. A good spot to be in. He doesn't need the money.

To be fair, none of the band need the money anymore!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2017, 01:39:30 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/chinese-democracy-20081127

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2008/11/album-review-gu.html

http://www.avclub.com/review/chuck-klosterman-reviews-chinese-democracy-2539

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1043457/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy

those are just a few of the good reviews of Chinese
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:43:00 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »

http://www.waaf.com/blogs/watch-rock-be-welcomed-jungle-guns-n-roses-new-jumanji-trailer
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2017, 03:37:41 PM »

It got OK reviews, sure. But in the eyes of the public- it got slated I'd say. Their minds were made up before it even came out.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2017, 06:22:10 PM »

In Canada the album got regular radio air play.  The album was toured in Canada to very well received arena concerts.  The album sold very well in Canada

The same can be said for South America and Europe

The United States is a different story

That being said. Looking back.  It's still a turd of a album but has one great song and a couple real good ones.  To me the rest of it is just that bad it makes it a turd

Most bands after a turd   Forget and move on. Release something else

Not this band.  They keep throwing the turd in the faces of fans

It got OK reviews, sure. But in the eyes of the public- it got slated I'd say. Their minds were made up before it even came out.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »

No way is CD a 'turd'. It's my second favourite GNR album. I genuinely believe it's a masterpiece.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2017, 07:08:25 PM »

No way is CD a 'turd'. It's my second favourite GNR album. I genuinely believe it's a masterpiece.

Just opinions man.

I have mine and you have yours.   I stated why I think it's a turd   I also state I think one of the songs is all time great and a couple others a really good   Still turdy thoug
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2017, 07:12:41 PM »

Just opinions man.

I have mine and you have yours.   I stated why I think it's a turd   I also state I think one of the songs is all time great and a couple others a really good   Still turdy thoug

Yeah of course. I guess more people share your opinion than mine though! Out of interest which song do you think is the great? And what is it that makea you dislike the album so much? Genuinely interested.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2017, 07:52:35 PM »

Just opinions man.

Yeah of course. I guess more people share your opinion than mine though! Out of interest which song do you think is the great? And what is it that makea you dislike the album so much? Genuinely interested.

There was a time is a top 5 gnr tune

Not lettin the original CD artists keep there work on the album hurts it for me.   The turds come in the second half. 

Madagascar, shacklers and sorry are good tunes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2017, 08:11:44 PM »

Just opinions man.

Not lettin the original CD artists keep there work on the album hurts it for me.   The turds come in the second half. 

Agree on TWAT. Catcher and IRS too. I read through the cd booklet again recently actually- it's difficult to keep up with who plays what on that album!

So, ideally, you want an entirely new record with the band as they stand now? Or you want Slash and Duff to move on? It's sometimes hard to work out your ideal scenario with GNR!

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2017, 03:32:36 AM »

Just opinions man.

Agree on TWAT. Catcher and IRS too. I read through the cd booklet again recently actually- it's difficult to keep up with who plays what on that album!

So, ideally, you want an entirely new record with the band as they stand now? Or you want Slash and Duff to move on? It's sometimes hard to work out your ideal scenario with GNR!

I would take any new original music with the label gnr on it   Just one song
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2017, 08:51:59 AM »

Just opinions man.

You got a cut off for that? Say they finish touring at the end of 2017, we hear nothing,  then 2019 they announce another tour. What would your reaction be?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2017, 11:58:58 AM »

a "TURD" album does not sell 3.5 million or more worldwide. 99.9% of bands who play and write music across the world don't even come close to that. You guys live in a fantasy world. It is a good album. Period. Whether your gorilla friends or you like it or not has no bearing on anything. The cost of the album is meaningless as well. In the end, Best Buy bought it and paid for it. What skin is it off your back? Let it fucking go.....

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2017, 12:05:23 PM »

a "TURD" album does not sell 3.5 million or more worldwide. 99.9% of bands who play and write music across the world don't even come close to that. You guys live in a fantasy world. It is a good album. Period. Whether your gorilla friends or you like it or not has no bearing on anything. The cost of the album is meaningless as well. In the end, Best Buy bought it and paid for it. What skin is it off your back? Let it fucking go.....

I love CD, as I said above- but sales figures don't dictate whether something is a 'turd' or not. Look at Justin Bieber!

Defending Bacon a bit here- that's his opinion, which is totally fine. I don't agree with it, you don't either, but he's entitled to it. If he didn't like it, that's his view. I was interested in what he didn't like about it. I loved it- but I couldn't claim people were 'gorillas' for not liking it!

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2017, 12:09:34 PM »

a "TURD" album does not sell 3.5 million or more worldwide.

you're right but you're using a dumb argument. sales has nothing to do with quality.
shitty "pop music" always sells well. from new kids on the block to justin bieber, there are so many examples.

but yes, CD is a good album, even if I'm pretty sure there was better songs to put there from the "CD II"
project instead of some on this LP (but we have all our favorites and it would be pointless to name the
ones we could have scraped)

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »

In the end, it was a commercial success and a critical success.  Axl put out a good album and it took a lot of balls to do it.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:46:59 PM by sky dog » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »

Just opinions man.

You got a cut off for that? Say they finish touring at the end of 2017, we hear nothing,  then 2019 they announce another tour. What would your reaction be?

My reaction then would be the same as now.   

I feel they fall back on cover music far to much

They are alr day playing cities in 2017 that they just played.   So why do I have to wait till 2019?

Some people are fine watching this band do thebsame schtick night in and night.   Others arnt

How many times could they play your home town or local market with this same show? 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2017, 01:00:53 PM »

Just opinions man.

They are alr day playing cities in 2017 that they just played.   So why do I have to wait till 2019?

Some people are fine watching this band do thebsame schtick night in and night.   Others arnt

How many times could they play your home town or local market with this same show? 

Personally, if they came round every, say 2 years or so, I'd be there. I'd be there if they played every year really. That's because they're my favourite band, I know I'll have a good time, and I'd enjoy it. I'll take what I can get on that front.

On the side of new music- yeah I'm massively keen. I really want it to happen. But I'm not letting it override and spoil my having a few more great nights out watching my favourite band, which I feel like you are. Just go with it. I wager 99.9999 per cent of this board want new material, it's not just you. don't let it get you down!

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2017, 01:05:24 PM »

Just opinions man.

Personally, if they came round every, say 2 years or so, I'd be there. I'd be there if they played every year really. That's because they're my favourite band, I know I'll have a good time, and I'd enjoy it. I'll take what I can get on that front.

On the side of new music- yeah I'm massively keen. I really want it to happen. But I'm not letting it override and spoil my having a few more great nights out watching my favourite band, which I feel like you are. Just go with it. I wager 99.9999 per cent of this board want new material, it's not just you. don't let it get you down!

They are play vegas for the third time on a year and a half.   Is it wrong to expect a new show?

They are playing Toronto again   Is it so wrong to expect something different?

Well you may be fine with the band playin your Market every two years for the same show

They are now playing. My markets every year and eventually it would be nice to hear a new original song
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: