Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:38:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 150302 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #860 on: April 18, 2021, 03:45:13 PM »

Wow, one of the girls in my gardening group got a blood clot in her lungs from the J&J shot.  She still in the hospital.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #861 on: April 18, 2021, 11:04:20 PM »

That sucks, i hope she will pull through.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #862 on: April 21, 2021, 11:40:23 AM »

I received both of my shots.  The 1st I had no symptoms other than a sore arm.  The second one I had some chills, headache and sore joints and arm about 12 hours later.  Kind of like the onset of the flu.  24 hours later and I'm good except for tenderness in my arm still. 
cineater
Legend

« Reply #863 on: April 21, 2021, 11:24:08 PM »

Seems like it's pretty easy to get a vaccine now.  Haven't heard of anybody not being able to find it some where close to home.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #864 on: April 22, 2021, 08:11:26 AM »

Got my 2nd moderna shot yesterday morning, worst night sleep Ive had in as long as I can remember.  Started to drag slightly yesterday afternoon and then bedtime it hit me good. Once I managed to drift off, woke up every 20-30 minutes and had been awake for 1/2 hr to an hour at a time. My resting heart rate is usually around 68 when I'm just waking up or come to in the middle of the night, last night was 99 on average. Left shoulder very sore, sweat my ass off , generally felt like I got hit by a truck, mild headache and muscle aches, but now 22 hrs later I seem to be shaking it off.  Interesting how the reaction to the 2nd shot is so varied from one person to another.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #865 on: April 23, 2021, 12:24:25 AM »

Got my 2nd moderna shot yesterday morning, worst night sleep Ive had in as long as I can remember.  Started to drag slightly yesterday afternoon and then bedtime it hit me good. Once I managed to drift off, woke up every 20-30 minutes and had been awake for 1/2 hr to an hour at a time. My resting heart rate is usually around 68 when I'm just waking up or come to in the middle of the night, last night was 99 on average. Left shoulder very sore, sweat my ass off , generally felt like I got hit by a truck, mild headache and muscle aches, but now 22 hrs later I seem to be shaking it off.  Interesting how the reaction to the 2nd shot is so varied from one person to another.

Yep, there's no rhyme or reason to it. All of my best friends friends got really sick for days or weeks. My friends a few days max.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #866 on: April 23, 2021, 11:25:53 PM »

I get more people are dying from covid then blood clots from the J&J vaccine but as a woman, I'd be saying there are two other choices and I'm not taking the J&J shot.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #867 on: April 24, 2021, 11:40:35 PM »

Geez, my friend was seriously sick for 24 hours after her second.  She said Ibuprofen didn't even help.  I didn't plan on being sick and instead have some stuff I need to do.  I guess I'm not at risk of giving anybody anything.  Anybody know if there's something to take to get the fever and body aches under control?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #868 on: April 26, 2021, 12:15:26 PM »

The guy said try not to take anything but Tylenol if you have to. 

I think I have to have a cup of coffee and some Resse Peanut Butter cups if I have to sit here for 15 minutes.  Cheesy  "Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down."  Wise woman that Mary Poppins.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #869 on: April 26, 2021, 08:13:27 PM »

For me they said avoid it the first day unless it's just too much to bare.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #870 on: April 26, 2021, 09:53:15 PM »

For me they said avoid it the first day unless it's just too much to bare.

Would it be wrong to tell everybody I was having side effects and take tomorrow off?  hihi  Strange there was no young people there again, only us old folks.  Plenty of folks waiting to administer the shots but not many people there.  Walked right in and sat down in a spot.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #871 on: April 27, 2021, 09:00:24 AM »

I'm fine.

You know as much as somebody who's been beating the fuck out themselves for the last two weeks.  hihi  It's gardening and plant sale time.  The secret to sore muscles is keep working, keep them warmed up.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #872 on: April 27, 2021, 10:01:07 PM »

No more masks outside if you've had the vaccine.  Did I hear them say maybe that was based on bad thinking to begin with?

PINBALL!  They've are starting league again.  It's been a year since I played.  I wasn't that great to begin with but I'm really going to suck.  hihi  But they have the GNR pinball machine so the music will be good.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #873 on: April 28, 2021, 12:40:14 PM »

hihi  Got the report on the bachelorette party.  I'm going with they consumed enough alcohol to ward off anything that was trying to take hold in their bodies.  Oh to be young and totally shit faced.  Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #874 on: May 01, 2021, 12:48:37 AM »

Well, that wasn't probably wasn't the right thing to do.  It was nice to hug people you haven't seen in a long time and just hang out in a crowd.  It was suppose to be a drive by parade but when your former retiring boss is standing on the street with a glass of wine in her hand, lets celebrate.  CDC says it's okay.  Put that to the test.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #875 on: May 02, 2021, 10:29:20 AM »

Aww, Melissa got sick after her second shot.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #876 on: May 03, 2021, 02:33:53 PM »

I'm fine.

You know as much as somebody who's been beating the fuck out themselves for the last two weeks.  hihi  It's gardening and plant sale time.  The secret to sore muscles is keep working, keep them warmed up.

At some point, in the garden thread, I'll post some pictures of what we've done in the back yard.  But lets just say, I can relate.

My ass to my ankles is sore.  I haven't done this much digging and building since I was working with my dad as a masons apprentice 30 years ago!

But it's on the way to looking very nice.  Last year we build out a nice little garden.  This year, we went whole hog (no pun intended) with hog panel trellises, raised beds, lots of pollinator beds, etc.  Just put in a nice brick walkway to and from the greenhouse we build last fall.  Now I just have to use the metric fuck ton of top soil we took out to put the walkway down!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #877 on: May 03, 2021, 06:16:49 PM »

FDA likely going to approve vaccination for 12 to 15 year olds by early next week.

Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #878 on: May 03, 2021, 10:37:18 PM »

I'm fine.

At some point, in the garden thread, I'll post some pictures of what we've done in the back yard.  But lets just say, I can relate.

My ass to my ankles is sore.  I haven't done this much digging and building since I was working with my dad as a masons apprentice 30 years ago!

But it's on the way to looking very nice.  Last year we build out a nice little garden.  This year, we went whole hog (no pun intended) with hog panel trellises, raised beds, lots of pollinator beds, etc.  Just put in a nice brick walkway to and from the greenhouse we build last fall.  Now I just have to use the metric fuck ton of top soil we took out to put the walkway down!!

That's what I was doing today, taking the path back down to the fabric.  And ripping that shit out.  Wet dirt is heavy!  People think gardening is easy.  hihi  Love the animal paneling for trellises.

St Louis City and County allowed restaurants to go back to full capacity. 

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #879 on: May 04, 2021, 08:27:02 AM »

New York will be allowing full capacity on the 19th except for large venues like stadiums. Mets and Yankees will be increased to 33%
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: