Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:45:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211127 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2040 on: September 19, 2021, 07:39:15 PM »

But Trump!

War crimes and murdering innocent children tend to hurt politician’s approval ratings.

Try again: actually being honest and admitting your mistakes publicly instead of living in denial and creating a false reality to protect yourself, is what tends to be unpopular. Just like pulling out of an irrational occupation started under a Republican administration. Being the responsible parent that tells the kid to eat broccoli is never popular.

For example, our previous governor Daniel Malloy was one of the most unpopular in the nation because he was forced to make the hard choices because decades of republican mismanagement had created a gargantuan debt load. We're now in a vastly healthier position because of that most unpopular governor.

Remind me, how many civilian deaths did the Trump administration take explicit responsibility for in this way?

But Trump!   hihi hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2041 on: September 20, 2021, 09:34:00 AM »

But Trump!

War crimes and murdering innocent children tend to hurt politician’s approval ratings.

Try again: actually being honest and admitting your mistakes publicly instead of living in denial and creating a false reality to protect yourself, is what tends to be unpopular. Just like pulling out of an irrational occupation started under a Republican administration. Being the responsible parent that tells the kid to eat broccoli is never popular.

For example, our previous governor Daniel Malloy was one of the most unpopular in the nation because he was forced to make the hard choices because decades of republican mismanagement had created a gargantuan debt load. We're now in a vastly healthier position because of that most unpopular governor.

Remind me, how many civilian deaths did the Trump administration take explicit responsibility for in this way?

no, that's not what's unpopular. the cool thing about polls is that they actually ask about specific issues, so you can see what is driving them.

interesting that some on the left are ok with the murdering of an innocent family, including 7 children and a longtime worker for a US aid organization....because trump.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2042 on: September 20, 2021, 12:12:06 PM »

no, that's not what's unpopular. the cool thing about polls is that they actually ask about specific issues, so you can see what is driving them.

interesting that some on the left are ok with the murdering of an innocent family, including 7 children and a longtime worker for a US aid organization....because trump.

You really are disgusting. Nobody is okay with civilian externalities and it's pitiful that you would lie in such a way to score cheap political points. Is there no depth too low for you?

Amazing how you're suddenly born yesterday when there are civilian deaths under Biden. You offered no such excoriation for the administrations you supported. None of this is remotely unique. This only underscores why we needed to get the hell out of this Republican-led boondoggle.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2043 on: September 20, 2021, 12:15:39 PM »

You really are disgusting. Nobody is okay with civilian externalities and it's pitiful that you would lie in such a way to score cheap political points. Is there no depth too low for you?

Amazing how you're suddenly born yesterday when there are civilian deaths under Biden. You offered no such excoriation for the administrations you supported. None of this is remotely unique. This only underscores why we needed to get the hell out of this Republican-led boondoggle.

Amen to that. Thank god trump made a deal to get us out.

Republican-led? Yes. Dem approved? Yes. Supported by both? Yes.

More reasons why i hate both parties.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2044 on: September 20, 2021, 12:21:35 PM »

But Trump!   hihi hihi

Context matters if you're not a child. Actions do not exist in a vacuum and presidents cannot be judged without the context of other administrations.

Would it make sense to excoriate Trump for the 13,000 civilian deaths in Iraq in 2017 because that is a big scary number, without the context that there were 16,000 the year before?

What if I told you the current total of civilian deaths in Afghanistan is 1,659 this year? That would seem to put your political posturing into some stark context that reveals it for what it is; fear mongering that uses the dead bodies of brown people as pawns in your political game.

As usual, you have no interest in rational discourse, only trolling and having your emotional outbursts. If you're that easily triggered, just don't engage in this thread.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2045 on: September 20, 2021, 12:22:35 PM »

More lies.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2046 on: September 20, 2021, 12:25:04 PM »

Trump pledged to stop 'endless wars' but his airstrikes in Afghanistan increased civilian deaths by 330%

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-afghanistan-airstrikes-increased-civilian-deaths-by-330-since-2016-2020-12

Civilian Deaths in U.S. Wars Are Skyrocketing Under Trump

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/02/trump-impeachment-civilian-casualties-war/

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2047 on: September 20, 2021, 02:25:43 PM »

More lies.

you just hate it when you can't label others, and when when things don't fit the narrative.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2048 on: September 20, 2021, 02:31:01 PM »

Not much to feel good about these days, but at least the market is still kicking ass.

oops. nevermind!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2049 on: September 20, 2021, 02:41:40 PM »

US opens up to fully vaccinated travellers https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58628491

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2050 on: September 20, 2021, 10:40:05 PM »

We are also open for undocumented individuals who are unvaccinated at our southern border at unofficial points of entry.  Wink

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2051 on: September 21, 2021, 09:32:48 AM »

you just hate it when you can't label others, and when when things don't fit the narrative.

No, I hate liars. You hate being called out on your obfuscation tactics, that's why you attack me and try to silence me.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2052 on: September 21, 2021, 09:40:38 AM »

We are also open for undocumented individuals who are unvaccinated at our southern border at unofficial points of entry.  Wink

Man, I wish we lived in the caricature of reality you rightists portray in your talking points. We literally can't give away free shots that are going bad because 20-something percent of the population has been brainwashed by a cult into fearing vaccines and science altogether.

Give those huddled masses a shot in the arm and a pat on the back, and meanwhile deport the plague rats living here already who refuse to vaccinate. If they wanna be traitors and kill their own fellow countrymen, they can go join the Taliban. I hear there are a lot of similarities between fundamentalist religions anyway...

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2053 on: September 22, 2021, 09:48:21 AM »

We are also open for undocumented individuals who are unvaccinated at our southern border at unofficial points of entry.  Wink

Man, I wish we lived in the caricature of reality you rightists portray in your talking points. We literally can't give away free shots that are going bad because 20-something percent of the population has been brainwashed by a cult into fearing vaccines and science altogether.

Give those huddled masses a shot in the arm and a pat on the back, and meanwhile deport the plague rats living here already who refuse to vaccinate. If they wanna be traitors and kill their own fellow countrymen, they can go join the Taliban. I hear there are a lot of similarities between fundamentalist religions anyway...

I believe ANYONE entering this country who is a citizen of another country should definitely be vaccinated prior or upon arrival. Should be a requirement. Problem is with the massive amounts of undocumented coming into the country thru the southern border, they'd all have to be documented in some way to get shots in their arms. We have a problem regarding manpower to achieve that due to the sheer numbers involved and an inept border policy of the current administration.

The vaccine works and there' s a lot of misinformation out there. Its not 100% but it certainly helps tremendously. How it got political Ill never understand. Operation warp speed was under the Trump administration, but back then it was the left that was publicly skeptical over taking it. Also, mandating American citizens to take it while scolding them doesn't really make people that are currently skeptical want to rush out and get it.  

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2054 on: September 23, 2021, 01:09:29 PM »

Trollololol

Slight difference between tourits and refugees. Always has been.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2055 on: September 23, 2021, 02:20:18 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-polling-independents-approval-rating

Approval numbers tanking. down to 43%, a new low, with 53% disapproval.

Down big with independents. only 37% approval. was 61% earlier this year.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2056 on: September 23, 2021, 02:27:38 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-voters-think-trump-was-better-president-biden-poll-1631999

Majority of Voters Think Trump Was a Better President Than Biden: Poll

"The mounting issues on all fronts have led to the surprise conclusion that Trump is now seen as good a president as Biden, suggesting the honeymoon is being replaced now with buyer's remorse," Mark Penn, the co-director of the Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll survey, said."

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2057 on: September 23, 2021, 06:27:23 PM »

We are also open for undocumented individuals who are unvaccinated at our southern border at unofficial points of entry.  Wink

Trollololol

What you call a troll move I call witty ( in this circumstance at least)   peace

Slight difference between tourits and refugees. Always has been.

/jarmo

Their reasons certainly are different as far as why they come here, but Covid sees no difference and both groups spread it the same.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 06:48:35 PM by Dr. Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2058 on: September 24, 2021, 04:32:49 PM »

Problem is with the massive amounts of undocumented coming into the country thru the southern border, they'd all have to be documented in some way to get shots in their arms.

Define "massive amounts". Because over here in reality, the trend is decreasing to historically low levels.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2021/03/10/illegal-immigration-in-america-has-continued-to-decline/?sh=4bbc534b4e14

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/the-facts-on-the-increase-in-illegal-immigration/

We have a problem regarding manpower to achieve that due to the sheer numbers involved and an inept border policy of the current administration.

Remind me, which administration packed the immigration courts with anti-immigrant judges, and which one promised to double the number of judges? As usual, you throw around characterizations like "inept" but don't have any substance to back up said characterizations. Just empty partisan rhetoric.

The Trump administration filled two-thirds of the immigration courts’ 520 lifetime positions with judges who, as a whole, have disproportionately ordered deportation, according to a Reuters analysis of more than 800,000 immigration cases decided over the past 20 years.

The backgrounds of the judges hired under Trump differed significantly from those named under past presidents. For example, 42% had no immigration experience - double the proportion hired previously. Judges hired under Trump were twice as likely to have military court experience, which Reuters found was linked to a higher rate of deportation orders.

“The fact that these (Trump-era) judges are already in place inhibits [Biden] a great deal”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-trump-court-special-r/special-report-how-trump-administration-left-indelible-mark-on-u-s-immigration-courts-idUSKBN2B0179

Trump Leaves Biden 1.3 Million Case Backlog in Immigration Courts

https://trac.syr.edu/immigration/reports/637/

How Trump Broke the Immigration Courts
Thanks to White House orders, they’re more jammed up than ever.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/07/16/trump-ice-raids-immigration-courts-arent-ready-227359/

As usual, you project the ineptitude of your own party onto the other side with nary a shred of evidence.

How it got political Ill never understand.

rofl rofl rofl

You never cease to amuse me. I love how literally one person - Kamala - saying she trusted the SCIENTISTS AND DOCTORS, not the Trump administration, is compared to people distrusting science and doctors in favor of right wing media outlets. I'm repeatedly stunned by how little y'all care about your own credibility.

Also, mandating American citizens to take it while scolding them doesn't really make people that are currently skeptical want to rush out and get it.

That's funny because conservatives LOVE scolding to get their point across.

FFS, you could portray "ask not what your country can do for you" as scolding. And you probably would, if that were said today (by a Democrat).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 04:36:08 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2059 on: September 24, 2021, 04:51:08 PM »

Now of course, I should have known that Sandie going into overdrive posting cope-material had to mean something VERY bad for Trump had come out.

And that was a leaked gameplan for STEALING THE ELECTION.

Memo shows Trump lawyer's six-step plan for Pence to overturn the election

"One of the most important lessons of the 2020 election is just how easy it would be for someone with a little bit more savvy to upend the constitution and prevent the peaceful transfer of power in the future. Democracies don't always crumble as a result of violent revolution. It's often done by manipulating the law and using intimidation to ensure compliance.

The most famous example is the German Enabling Act of 1933, also known as The Law to Remedy the Distress of the People and the Reich. That law allowed Adolph Hitler to enact other laws, including ones that violated the Weimar Constitution, without the approval of either parliament or Reich President Paul von Hindenburg, effectively making Hitler a dictator. Through some adroit maneuvering and the detention of certain members of the Parliament, he was able to gain the two-thirds majority required and the courts all went along with it. The rest, as they say, is history."

Mike Pence's 6-point plan to steal the election: Republicans leave roadmap for future authoritarians

https://www.salon.com/2021/09/22/mike-pences-6-point-plan-to-steal-the-election-leave-roadmap-for-future-authoritarians/

"I guess we should be grateful that Trump's lawyers were so lame because it's quite clear that if they had been able to legally engineer this coup more professionally, people like Graham and Lee might very well have gone along with it. How do we know this? Because even though there was no evidence of voter fraud in the election, they didn't dismiss the idea out of hand. They were apparently open to the idea that Pence really could overturn the election on January 6th. They're both lawyers. They're both conversant with the Constitution and, more importantly, with the concept of democracy in which the loser of the election accepts the results and bows out gracefully. And yet they didn't object publicly to Trump's Big Lie until thousands of rioters stormed the Capitol."

This is Fascism. This is what the GOP is now.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: