Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211111 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2060 on: September 24, 2021, 07:56:27 PM »

Problem is with the massive amounts of undocumented coming into the country thru the southern border, they'd all have to be documented in some way to get shots in their arms.

Define "massive amounts". Because over here in reality, the trend is decreasing to historically low levels.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2021/03/10/illegal-immigration-in-america-has-continued-to-decline/?sh=4bbc534b4e14

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/the-facts-on-the-increase-in-illegal-immigration/

We have a problem regarding manpower to achieve that due to the sheer numbers involved and an inept border policy of the current administration.

Remind me, which administration packed the immigration courts with anti-immigrant judges, and which one promised to double the number of judges? As usual, you throw around characterizations like "inept" but don't have any substance to back up said characterizations. Just empty partisan rhetoric.

The Trump administration filled two-thirds of the immigration courts’ 520 lifetime positions with judges who, as a whole, have disproportionately ordered deportation, according to a Reuters analysis of more than 800,000 immigration cases decided over the past 20 years.

The backgrounds of the judges hired under Trump differed significantly from those named under past presidents. For example, 42% had no immigration experience - double the proportion hired previously. Judges hired under Trump were twice as likely to have military court experience, which Reuters found was linked to a higher rate of deportation orders.

“The fact that these (Trump-era) judges are already in place inhibits [Biden] a great deal”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-trump-court-special-r/special-report-how-trump-administration-left-indelible-mark-on-u-s-immigration-courts-idUSKBN2B0179

Trump Leaves Biden 1.3 Million Case Backlog in Immigration Courts

https://trac.syr.edu/immigration/reports/637/

How Trump Broke the Immigration Courts
Thanks to White House orders, they’re more jammed up than ever.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/07/16/trump-ice-raids-immigration-courts-arent-ready-227359/

As usual, you project the ineptitude of your own party onto the other side with nary a shred of evidence.

How it got political Ill never understand.

rofl rofl rofl

You never cease to amuse me. I love how literally one person - Kamala - saying she trusted the SCIENTISTS AND DOCTORS, not the Trump administration, is compared to people distrusting science and doctors in favor of right wing media outlets. I'm repeatedly stunned by how little y'all care about your own credibility.

Also, mandating American citizens to take it while scolding them doesn't really make people that are currently skeptical want to rush out and get it.

That's funny because conservatives LOVE scolding to get their point across.

FFS, you could portray "ask not what your country can do for you" as scolding. And you probably would, if that were said today (by a Democrat).

Our Homeland security director has admitted that the border crisis is unsustainable

And had you noticed the 15,000 people under the bridge last week in Del Rio Texas?  

For a more accurate picture, you may want to reference something that isn't from March
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 08:02:45 PM by Dr. Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2061 on: September 24, 2021, 09:06:04 PM »

Our Homeland security director has admitted that the border crisis is unsustainable  

For a more accurate picture, you may want to reference something that isn't from March

WHOOSH

For a more accurate picture, you might want to focus on a broader dataset. Hello?

Me: "You're focusing too narrowly on short term fluctuations and ignoring the broad historical trend downward"

You: "Yeah but what about the past 30 days?"

Roll Eyes

As far as the Secretary of the DHS (there is no director), are you referring to this statement from... wait for it... MARCH?

dhs.gov/news/2021/03/16/statement-homeland-security-secretary-alejandro-n-mayorkas-regarding-situation

Which says the complete opposite of what you are claiming:

"This is not new. We have experienced migration surges before – in 2019, 2014, and before then as well.

The prior administration completely dismantled the asylum system.  The system was gutted, facilities were closed, and they cruelly expelled young children into the hands of traffickers.  We have had to rebuild the entire system, including the policies and procedures required to administer the asylum laws that Congress passed long ago.

The prior administration tore down the lawful pathways that had been developed for children to come to the United States in a safe, efficient, and orderly way.  It tore down, for example, the Central American Minors program that avoided the need for children to take the dangerous journey to our southwest border.

The previous administration also cut foreign aid funding to the Northern Triangle.  No longer did we resource efforts in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras to tackle the root causes of people fleeing their homes. And, there were no plans to protect our front-line personnel against the COVID-19 pandemic.  There was no appropriate planning for the pandemic at all.

As difficult as the border situation is now, we are addressing it.  We have acted and we have made progress.  We have no illusions about how hard it is, and we know it will take time."

And had you noticed the 15,000 people under the bridge last week in Del Rio Texas?

Predictably, you respond to data with an anecdotal appeal to emotion. If you think there haven't been similar instances under every administration as a result of sudden and unexpected surges, you are horribly uninformed. Do you ever question the fact that you are so often presented with individual stories instead of the actual broader statistical context? Do you think that maybe the media is over-reporting anecdotal outliers while ignoring the actual data in order to push a particular narrative? Or do you just uncritically consume the mainstream media's narratives?

Guess what? Within only a week, all 15,000 have now been processed:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/24/no-migrants-remain-at-camp-under-bridge-in-del-rio-texas-.html

Do you ever get tired of whinging and working yourself up over fake crises that were manufactured for you by the media? It seems like it must be exhausting.

The only failures in Biden's border policy are where it maintains Trump-era policies. This has been exhaustively reported, but you clearly have not read anything outside the right wing media bubble.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2062 on: September 25, 2021, 10:52:32 AM »

Speaking of predictability..... hihi

The writing is on the wall regarding the southern border crisis, everyone knows it is a crisis...well except maybe yourself.

Six month old statistics don't give an accurate picture on whats happening now. . it WAS trending down. Then Biden reversed the border policies Trump had in place and the system was overwhelmed. There are only so many border agents, facilities and immigration judges to hear cases.  And the quote from Mayorkas you shared is the on the record statement  VS what I referred to was from a hot mic ( which generally they tend to be a lot more honest and candid)

You can certainly try to paint a more rosy picture because now your guy is running the show, but in reality we have a southern border that is 10x harder to control compared to last year. We are experiencing a 20 year high on border crossings, the vast majority of which aren't happening at ports of entry.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2063 on: September 26, 2021, 04:11:09 PM »

Speaking of predictability..... hihi

The writing is on the wall regarding the southern border crisis, everyone knows it is a crisis...well except maybe yourself.

Six month old statistics don't give an accurate picture on whats happening now. . it WAS trending down. Then Biden reversed the border policies Trump had in place and the system was overwhelmed. There are only so many border agents, facilities and immigration judges to hear cases.  And the quote from Mayorkas you shared is the on the record statement  VS what I referred to was from a hot mic ( which generally they tend to be a lot more honest and candid)

Yeah, nothing is more predictable than you ignoring everything I said and mindlessly continuing to parrot the same talking points unfazed. Should I just copy and paste my last comment here? Because I already addressed everything you're saying.

You clearly have no clue what the stats have been since March and are grasping at straws to nitpick the actual data I've presented while offering nothing of your own. The percent change in apprehensions from last fiscal year has been DECREASING every month since April.

Three academics from the University of California at San Diego looked at the data to see if there was evidence of a “surge” at the border. Here's what they found:

"We analyzed monthly CBP data from 2012 to now and found no crisis or surge that can be attributed to Biden administration policies. Rather, the current increase in apprehensions fits a predictable pattern of seasonal changes in undocumented immigration combined with a backlog of demand because of 2020’s coronavirus border closure."

You've only proven my point by pointing to a supposed leak coming from an unnamed source and only reported by unscrupulous far right outlets. You are completely ensconced in your rightwing media bubble and have no perspective at all.

But even if we take this dubious rumour as true, you've still completely mischaracterized the statements made, in the most nakedly partisan way. The context necessary to understand that quote is the one following it: "The extent of the problem shouldn’t be understated, however nor ought to our capacity to satisfy it". He's clearly just saying that the challenge is real, and they will have to change how they operate in order to handle it. He's only saying it would theoretically be unsustainable if they did not make changes in order to respond to it. Honestly this is like watching a grade schooler try to critique the business plan of a Fortune 500 company. You have no freaking clue what you're talking about.

in reality we have a southern border that is 10x harder to control compared to last year. We are experiencing a 20 year high on border crossings, the vast majority of which aren't happening at ports of entry.

LOL, I would love to see you try to back up that "10x" claim you pulled out of your ass. What's the methodology for determining how "hard to control" the border is?  rofl

Also, your "20 year high" comes from the data of what month? Oh, that's right, MARCH you f*ckin' hypocrite. And the number of crossings this year is only slightly higher than the previous 20 year high under Trump in 2019. Funny, I didn't hear you blaming Trump for that increase... hypocrisy yet again.

You keep on being triggered by the manufactured "crisis" the media wants you to get triggered over. Normal people don't give a shit and know it's all a ruse. Facts don't care about your feelings.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 10:28:43 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2064 on: September 26, 2021, 05:59:41 PM »

Trump return to White House 'would be a disaster' for US intelligence: Former DHS whistleblower

"Trump has denigrated the intelligence community, he puts out disinformation — and that's an existential threat to democracy and he is one of the best at putting it out and hurting this country," Brian Murphy, who once led the DHS intelligence branch, said Sunday

24-page complaint, filed in September 2020, named former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and former acting Secretary Chad Wolf as trying to “censor or manipulate” intelligence bulletins related to Russian meddling in the presidential election and the threat of domestic white supremacist groups."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-return-white-house-disaster-141200923.html

Now why would Trump want to censor the threat of domestic white supremacist terrorism? That sounds an awful lot like what a fascist would do...

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2065 on: October 02, 2021, 08:22:17 PM »

Trump PLUNGING in Re-election Polls

https://www.ibtimes.com/trump-suffers-20-plunge-2024-election-polls-ties-desantis-3307213

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2066 on: October 04, 2021, 06:52:13 AM »

Its a, bad obsession….

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2067 on: October 04, 2021, 10:28:03 PM »

USPS testing paycheck cashing, which could transform how millions access money and pay bills

https://www.yahoo.com/news/usps-testing-paycheck-cashing-could-151059024.html

The Biden admin continues making common sense changes to help the common man, instead of just wealthy elites and cronies like the Trump admin.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2068 on: October 04, 2021, 10:32:38 PM »

Its a, bad obsession….

Tell that to the guy with a 20 foot tall "Fuck Biden" sign across the street from the elementary school. Or y'know, the traitors who stormed the capitol. Get a grip.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2069 on: October 06, 2021, 03:40:16 PM »

Bodycam shows Minneapolis officers ‘hunting’ civilians during Floyd protests

https://minnesotareformer.com/2021/10/05/bodycam-shows-minneapolis-officers-hunting-civilians-during-floyd-protests/

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2070 on: October 06, 2021, 04:23:17 PM »

Their reasons certainly are different as far as why they come here, but Covid sees no difference and both groups spread it the same.

The ignorance is strong with this one.

Umm, are you aware of the fact that tourists have largely been banned from entering the US for over a year?

Maybe the problem isn't tourists or refugees bringing Covid to the USA? Maybe it's the fact that some of the right wingers refuse to get vaccinated and/or wear masks while many of their idols have gotten vaccinated themselves...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2071 on: October 07, 2021, 10:13:32 AM »

Their reasons certainly are different as far as why they come here, but Covid sees no difference and both groups spread it the same.

The ignorance is strong with this one.

Umm, are you aware of the fact that tourists have largely been banned from entering the US for over a year?

Maybe the problem isn't tourists or refugees bringing Covid to the USA? Maybe it's the fact that some of the right wingers refuse to get vaccinated and/or wear masks while many of their idols have gotten vaccinated themselves...

/jarmo

are all independents and democrats vaccinated? I haven't seen the stats. but that's really impressive if true.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2072 on: October 07, 2021, 03:23:33 PM »

are all independents and democrats vaccinated? I haven't seen the stats. but that's really impressive if true.

Oof, you really walked right into this one.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 03:26:06 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2073 on: October 07, 2021, 03:28:48 PM »

Meanwhile, the nonpartisan public servant who patriotically stepped in to save his country in a time of need is now getting death threats from right wing terrorists because the GOP has cultivated anti-vax conspiracies for the past year.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-blasts-dark-web-people-who-harassed-his-wife-daughters-2021-10

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2074 on: October 13, 2021, 12:52:10 PM »

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2075 on: October 13, 2021, 07:59:47 PM »

Trump supporters have begun flying black U.S. flags, which signal no quarter for enemies. It's a threat of violence.

https://www.salon.com/2021/10/12/black-flag-understanding-the-trumpists-latest-threatening-symbol/

It means that they will not surrender, will not take prisoners, and are willing to die for their cause. It means they will execute their enemies.

Steve Bannon, Trump's former campaign chairman and White House strategist, has now threatened to recruit Republican-fascist "shock troops" with the apparent goal of undermining the U.S. government, and by implication multiracial democracy

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2076 on: October 14, 2021, 06:27:38 PM »

A short but illuminating clip that exposes how the right is gaslighting the American public about the violence they are inciting at school boards across the country. This needs to stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbfV66LBg2s

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2077 on: October 15, 2021, 07:37:37 AM »

I got yelled at by an unmasked person at a show a while back.

I didn't want to go and talk to this person after they tried to get my attention. I was wearing a mask, and pointed out that I need to maintain my distance. It was met with "you think you're better than me?" and "fuck you!".

This is what's wrong with the world today. Just trying to make sure I was staying healthy so I could keep working/touring was obviously taken as some kind of statement by this person. Amazing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2078 on: October 15, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »

I got yelled at by an unmasked person at a show a while back.

I didn't want to go and talk to this person after they tried to get my attention. I was wearing a mask, and pointed out that I need to maintain my distance. It was met with "you think you're better than me?" and "fuck you!".

This is what's wrong with the world today. Just trying to make sure I was staying healthy so I could keep working/touring was obviously taken as some kind of statement by this person. Amazing.

/jarmo

It's not the world today.  There's personalities out there just looking for a fight.  Always has been.  That was one person in a large crowd.  They think if they talk loud enough, put enough anger into it, we'll do what they say.  What's amazing is there are politicians and other folks who respond to that.  I'm sure there were plenty of people who said nice things to you, don't forget those folks.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2079 on: October 15, 2021, 04:47:08 PM »

Yes, there's always been assholes.

My point was that in the past, assholes were just being assholes for no other reason than they are assholes. Now it's like it's "ok" to be an asshole in public because you somehow feel personally insulted by a stranger. The same kind of people who are using terms like "snow flakes" are now feeling insulted to the left and right for being told to wear a mask or asked to get a vaccine.... So who's the snowflake?  hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: