Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:24:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Argue about what we should argue about
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Argue about what we should argue about  (Read 29739 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2007, 03:19:30 PM »

OMG.

You guys are weird.

Seriously, you accuse me of a Psuedo-Fascist(Did you make that up? rofl).

Just give it up, Democrats...you'll have a black president or a lady president in one more year. Boy, that's going to be something. Seriously, that won't happen at all.
It is sadly so though, if people just took the time to read more and educate themselves more instead of looking at pictures of lindsay lohans pussy online they might not be so easily swayed.
What you just said right there is hypocritical. ok

Quite frankly sir,  a psuedo-Fascist requires at least a modicum of intelligence ... and no ... I did not call you one.
See prerequisuites.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2007, 07:35:09 PM »

that don't make up for paris hiltons annoyance no

What does??

exactly
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2007, 07:36:36 PM »

lol england always gives so much

html sucks
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2007, 08:15:30 PM »

Roll Eyes Whatever, you guys need to get a BREATH of fresh air, or let me explain, go outside more often.

I was just outside.  I went to the post office.  If anyone's a hypocrite, it's the person criticizing us while using the medium in dispute to do so and, in case it's not obvious...that means YOU!

I was outside too.  I was walking my dog.  he took a shit.  I thought of Difleha's post.  ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2007, 08:26:29 PM »

Roll Eyes Whatever, you guys need to get a BREATH of fresh air, or let me explain, go outside more often.

I was just outside.  I went to the post office.  If anyone's a hypocrite, it's the person criticizing us while using the medium in dispute to do so and, in case it's not obvious...that means YOU!

I was outside too. 

Today was the first day since Monday that you'd actually want to go outside in NYC and get some air, right?  ok

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2007, 08:31:19 PM »

I was outside too. 

Today was the first day since Monday that you'd actually want to go outside in NYC and get some air, right?  ok

seriously fucking HOT this week!!  i feel bad for people who lost power.  i would have melted without my AC.    Thank god i can wear shorts and flip flops to the office.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2007, 10:00:31 PM »

Do the percentages of the other countries including government donations or individual donations only? If it's individuals only, then America is very greedy compared the other countries (total donations divided by population).

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2007, 01:41:24 AM »

Quite frankly sir,  a psuedo-Fascist requires at least a modicum of intelligence ... and no ... I did not call you one.
See prerequisuites.

Ouch.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2007, 02:22:57 AM »

Do the percentages of the other countries including government donations or individual donations only? If it's individuals only, then America is very greedy compared the other countries (total donations divided by population).

Dios mio, man.  First, you can't call a people greedy when they give $300 Billion to charity.  I don't care how it's given.  But in terms of comparing countries, it's based on GDP.  So a country's "score" is their charitable donations as a percentage of their GDP.  So, bigger countries, like the US, have larger GDPs because of the sizes of their economies.  Thus, they have to give more to equal the same proportion of GDP donations in a smaller country.  Think of it this way.  If a country of 100 people gives $100 to charity, and a country of one person gives $1, then they've given the same amount, per capita.  That's what they're trying to get at here, though per capita isn't a strong measure because $1USD is worth more in some places than others.  If two countries had the same population, but one was a wealthy, industrial state (US, Canada, Europe) while the other was poor and non-industrial (African states, for example) then we wouldn't expect the poor state to give the same amount, because their GDP would be MUCH smaller. 

In other words, it's weighted such that you should have a fairly accurate scale of giving, which takes into account a country's economy and population. 

Donations in the US were equal to 1.7% of its GDP.  Britain was second at 0.73% of its GDP. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2007, 09:23:46 AM »

Its ridiculous for anyone who has the balls to criticize their leaders to be called Unamerican, unpatriotic, traitors, not supporting the troops, not loving their country

I agree and it's sad people are categorized in this way. If someone disagrees with soemthing like the war than they should be able to protest if they want. But this labeling nonsense goes on all over the board and people get upset cause somebody's feelings got hurt. We've seen it happen alot the past few months. For example, if someone calls a black guy a nigger, he's labeled a racist. If someone calls someone a faggot, he's labeled a homophobic. If some one is against illegal immigrants, then they are labeled racist by those lame ass La Raza people. Etc., etc., etc......

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2007, 09:28:37 AM »

Its ridiculous for anyone who has the balls to criticize their leaders to be called Unamerican, unpatriotic, traitors, not supporting the troops, not loving their country

I agree and it's sad people are categorized in this way. If someone disagrees with soemthing like the war than they should be able to protest if they want. But this labeling nonsense goes on all over the board and people get upset cause somebody's feelings got hurt. We've seen it happen alot the past few months. For example, if someone calls a black guy a nigger, he's labeled a racist. If someone calls someone a faggot, he's labeled a homophobic. If some one is against illegal immigrants, then they are labeled racist by those lame ass La Raza people. Etc., etc., etc......

Well, 'nigger' and 'faggot' are extremely offensive words!  rant

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2007, 03:38:35 PM »

Well, 'nigger' and 'faggot' are extremely offensive words!  rant

But it doesn't necessarily mean they are a racist or homophobic, as usually therefore "labeled."

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2007, 03:41:43 PM »

Well, 'nigger' and 'faggot' are extremely offensive words!? rant

I guess you hate one in a million then?
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2007, 12:20:15 AM »

Well, 'nigger' and 'faggot' are extremely offensive words!? rant

But it doesn't necessarily mean they are a racist or homophobic, as usually therefore "labeled."

It probably means that they need to be educated. If such people continue to use these words after being educated about how offensive they are, then yes they are racist or homophobic.....

PS. Maybe Axl was trying to educate people, stir em up......
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 12:28:36 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2007, 03:59:02 AM »

I'd have to label you as "idiot" after this post, sorry 'bout that.

Jesus... Roll Eyes
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2007, 07:10:37 AM »

Wow, this place is bizarre.  I didn't read this whole thread, but what I get from it is that there is a real animosity toward the US on this board, both from outside the US and inside.  Strange that on one hand we all gather here to discuss a corner of American pop culture (GNR is as American as it gets folks), and on the other hand you all bash the US relentlessly.  It's ok to be against the war, hell most people are.  But to turn that into a hatred for the US is bizarre.  Let's face it, the US is the reason Europe is the Europe it is today.  And a bunch of you bashing us may be communists or worst yet, Nazis if it weren't for the good old USA.  I'm not defending our leaders or defending the war, but it seems odd that some of you aren't more thankful toward the US.  Is it jealously?  Probably.  It's natural to hate the guy at the top.  GNR went through that same phenomenon during their hayday.  But still it's weird.   I'm sure France is a great place to live, but when I see some French bashing how charitable the US it makes me laugh. 

As for giving, no country in the world gives more than the US.  You can spin it anyway you want and talk about GNP and such things, but the bottom line is that there are a lot more countries with alot larger populations giving a lot less than the US.  If you can't applaud the US for the generosity of its people, then you just hate the US to the point that you will say nothing good about it.  It must kill some of you that GNR is a product of the USA.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2007, 07:39:07 AM »

I'd have to label you as "idiot" after this post, sorry 'bout that.

Jesus... Roll Eyes

That's just who you are. Calling people names is what you can only result to.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2007, 07:46:54 AM »

? Let's face it, the US is the reason Europe is the Europe it is today.? And a bunch of you bashing us may be communists or worst yet, Nazis if it weren't for the good old USA.? ? It must kill some of you that GNR is a product of the USA.

1) The Poles thank the Americans for the years under communist rule! All in the name of the Cold War!

2) Now are you 100% sure about that......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2007, 11:43:28 AM »

Wow, this place is bizarre. I didn't read this whole thread, but what I get from it is that there is a real animosity toward the US on this board, both from outside the US and inside. Strange that on one hand we all gather here to discuss a corner of American pop culture (GNR is as American as it gets folks), and on the other hand you all bash the US relentlessly. It's ok to be against the war, hell most people are. But to turn that into a hatred for the US is bizarre. Let's face it, the US is the reason Europe is the Europe it is today. And a bunch of you bashing us may be communists or worst yet, Nazis if it weren't for the good old USA. I'm not defending our leaders or defending the war, but it seems odd that some of you aren't more thankful toward the US. Is it jealously? Probably. It's natural to hate the guy at the top. GNR went through that same phenomenon during their hayday. But still it's weird. I'm sure France is a great place to live, but when I see some French bashing how charitable the US it makes me laugh.

As for giving, no country in the world gives more than the US. You can spin it anyway you want and talk about GNP and such things, but the bottom line is that there are a lot more countries with alot larger populations giving a lot less than the US. If you can't applaud the US for the generosity of its people, then you just hate the US to the point that you will say nothing good about it. It must kill some of you that GNR is a product of the USA.

Maybe I should go back and read the entire thread because I don't recall anyone bashing the US. Some of us might have "bashed" that fool in the White House, but I don't think so. From what I seem to recall, It was primarily comparisons in relation to ...

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2007, 11:47:43 AM »

Let's face it, the US is the reason Europe is the Europe it is today.  And a bunch of you bashing us may be communists or worst yet, Nazis if it weren't for the good old USA.    It must kill some of you that GNR is a product of the USA.

1) The Poles thank the Americans for the years under communist rule! All in the name of the Cold War!

2) Now are you 100% sure about that......

I'm guessing it depends on how far you feel like going back, right?  If you really want to, you can claim that all rock n' roll is the result of African music, but there is a difference between rock n' roll and the blues, which is more closely tied to those slave songs.  So, as far as roots, they're based in America's slave history.  But the eventual creation was one that was American.

Unless, of course, you're trying to get at the point that Slash was born in the UK?  Of course, arguing that GNR isn't an American band is like arguing that Black Sabbath, with Dio, wasn't a British band. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: