Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:57:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227890 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NCAA College Basketball
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCAA College Basketball  (Read 45194 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2009, 04:11:39 PM »

^Yeah, since I knew Faldor was there, he'd win it for us. Smiley  (honestly, so many brackets going around, I forgot HTGTH's!  sorry)

my Cuse are in the Sweet 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oklahomo comin' up next!  I will pull for Gonzaga against UNC too.

Haha, you said homo.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »

^Yeah, since I knew Faldor was there, he'd win it for us. Smiley  (honestly, so many brackets going around, I forgot HTGTH's!  sorry)

my Cuse are in the Sweet 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oklahomo comin' up next!  I will pull for Gonzaga against UNC too.

Haha, you said homo.

ah yes, so I did.   Wink (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2009, 06:18:10 PM »

Haha, you said homo.

ah yes, so I did.   Wink (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

No, no, of course not!  Grin

Gonzaga....that was a good game boys and girls.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »

I'd be lying if I said I was rooting for Gonzaga against WKU.  Unfortunately, the ref missed WKU's coach calling for a timeout.  That was a huge mistake.  If properly officiated, that game goes into overtime.  The ref messed up.  As an official, I've seen it, and unfortunately was on a crew that did that.  It sucks.  Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2009, 07:37:57 PM »

This weekend has been great to me

i turned 300 dollars into 1200k!

WOO HOO

and now, I am fucking done!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2009, 12:48:23 PM »

This weekend has been great to me

i turned 300 dollars into 1200k!

WOO HOO

and now, I am fucking done!

I would be too.

1200k?  That would be $1,200,000. 

Damn it, when's the fucking party?  You're flying us all out, right!!??!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2009, 01:16:15 PM »

haha sorry, my excitement caused a typo. that should read 1200 dollars LOL!

The way this tourney has been though, a man could get rich. yesterday, all the favorites won.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2009, 01:26:53 PM »

I sure wish I made up 2 brackets this year.  I'm in a money pool where I'm in first by quite a bit right now, but I have UConn losing to Mizzou today and UConn is my team.  Going into the tourney I didn't have all that much faith in the Huskies.  That faith has been restored watching them the first 3 rounds.  Seems like they're playing a lot better since getting away from the familiar foes in the Big East.  Of course they could lose today and while that would help my bracket and chances at winning the pool, I'd rather lose the $10 entry fee.  I might still have an outside shot if Oklahoma were to make the finals.  We'll find out in a bit, good tourney so far.  Big East has proven their dominance, actually the teams at the top most of the season have distanced themselves quite nicely.  After all the talk about how much parity there was all the top seeds have shown why they're the best.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »

Yeah, I am currently in first also in my 10 dollar bracket BUT I had Memphis in the final four, so I am going to need some help to win this thing.

2 guys are under me

1 has Missouri and he also has Oklahoma winning the whole thing whereas the other guy has UConn but the rest of his picks are exactly like mine except I think he has Nova and I have Pitt

so it will be very interesting cause today, either way I am going to fall out of first place

I can just hope UL wins it all so I can get those huge pts and a win.

on an unrelated note. I am so excited we fired Billy Gillispie. This guy absolutely sucked! I know UK fans get a bad rap of being spoiled and wanting to be a final four contender every year, but think about it, we have more all time wins and just as much prestige as UNC and they compete almost every year. Imagine where their program would be had they kept Matt Daughtery.

Billy G would run FULL 3 hour practices on game day, treated the kids horribly and just didn't have the personality for the UK job. He also was a drunk and just didn't fit the profile.

I have my fingers crossed for John Calipari. He would be absolutely perfect! U see the teams he gets at Memphis, imagine what he could do at UK with all of our resources.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »

Yeah I was talking about Calipari with a friend last night.  He's pretty much accomplished all he can at Memphis.  I mean, he's not gonna get a better team than he had last year.  He'll get competetive teams like he had this year, win around 30 games a year and be in the hunt for a 1 seed since they play in that god awful conference.  But it's tough to compete with the big boys when you're playing Houston and Rice twice a year (or whoever is in that conference these days).  Kentucky would certainly be a good landing spot for him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2009, 07:16:18 PM »

None of u guys played the Pick Em vs GNRevolution but its ok cause I won it and our redemption from the football fantasy

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »

JOHN CALIPARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited

we will be sooooooo fucking back it isn't funny

look out everyone, cause we are back to reclaim our throne. ok ok ok ok ok ok

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2009, 03:48:55 AM »

Congratulations to UNC.

Sucks that the season is over.  Now I have nothing to do until Fall.  I hate summer sports, probably because I hate summer.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »

That UConn loss stung a bit on Saturday, but I don't think anyone was taking down the Heels in this tournament.  They amped it up and were playing their best basketball at the right time.  Not sure I would've enjoyed watching UConn getting blown out like MSU last night.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2009, 01:29:10 PM »

That UConn loss stung a bit on Saturday, but I don't think anyone was taking down the Heels in this tournament.  They amped it up and were playing their best basketball at the right time.  Not sure I would've enjoyed watching UConn getting blown out like MSU last night.

It stung A LOT.  Not because we lost, per se.  If you go out playing your best basketball...thems the brakes.  But Saturday, the Huskies played terrible.

No matter WHAT the outcome was, I would have liked to see what UCONN could have managed against UNC.  It was a matchup I really wanted to see....

Too bad UCONN decided to pack it in vs MSU...they didn't look remotely like the Huskies.  And while I'd like to be nice and say it might have been because of MSU's defense and game plan (I DO think Izzo is one of the best coaches in the biz)...I just didn't get the impression it was.  UCONN looked sluggish, couldn't hit shots to save their lives, and looked completely out of control out there... and THEY were the ones setting the tempo.  Price made AWFUL decisions early and late..which is very unlike him.  I was shocked by how bad they played....

But congrats to the 'heels.  They were definitely the best team this year, in the tourney.

Now, the question is:  Does Calhoun retire.  I think this is the first time he seriously considers it...it'll be interesting to see what he does.  More than who elects to leave for the NBA, actually.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:31:25 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »

I hope UNC have had fun keeping our throne warm

Calipari will bitchsmack UNC and put us back where we belong

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2009, 08:22:18 PM »

It stung A LOT.  Not because we lost, per se.  If you go out playing your best basketball...thems the brakes.  But Saturday, the Huskies played terrible.

No matter WHAT the outcome was, I would have liked to see what UCONN could have managed against UNC.  It was a matchup I really wanted to see....

Too bad UCONN decided to pack it in vs MSU...they didn't look remotely like the Huskies.  And while I'd like to be nice and say it might have been because of MSU's defense and game plan (I DO think Izzo is one of the best coaches in the biz)...I just didn't get the impression it was.  UCONN looked sluggish, couldn't hit shots to save their lives, and looked completely out of control out there... and THEY were the ones setting the tempo.  Price made AWFUL decisions early and late..which is very unlike him.  I was shocked by how bad they played....

But congrats to the 'heels.  They were definitely the best team this year, in the tourney.

Now, the question is:  Does Calhoun retire.  I think this is the first time he seriously considers it...it'll be interesting to see what he does.  More than who elects to leave for the NBA, actually.
Agree, UConn played pretty poor against MSU.  A season of one big what if, what if Jerome Dyson never got hurt.  UConn was the #1 team in the land, coming off a road thrashing of L'ville, they were rolling.  Then Dyson went down and they became a different team.  Less depth and much more vulnerable.  One less guard for the rotation.  Among their best shooters on the team.  Also great in transition and their best perimeter defender.  They were never able to overcome that loss.  Robinson stepped up his game and Walker did so from time to time.  But Kemba was awful on Saturday. 

I think Calhoun would've definitely retired if they would've won it all, but I think he'll probably come back and make another run at a title.  His passion is still there, the big question is the health.  As long as his health doesn't regress, I think he'll be back.  I'm assuming Thabeet will leave for the NBA.  That'll leave the Huskies with Walker and Dyson at guard, Edwards and Robinson (if he stays, and he should) at forward.  They have a couple front court recruits coming in and another swingman type.  They desperately need a legitimate 3 point threat and I'm not sure they're getting that next season. 

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: