Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 12:12:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NCAA College Basketball
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCAA College Basketball  (Read 45731 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2009, 08:39:06 PM »

I think for us to get the number 1 overall, we got sort of a hard draw. Wake Forest certainly are no joke.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2009, 10:19:37 PM »

I was involved in an "incident" with the Stanford Tree yesterday after the game.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2009, 10:59:27 PM »

Jut like a million other folks, I've got UCONN and PITT in the Finals.  No surprise with UNC in the Final Four...but a little surprise with Wake in the Final 4.  Louisville's an excellent team...but they're playing Ohio State in Dayton, Ohio in the 2nd round.  I don't know...just a hunch.

Hell, Cleveland State could knock Wake out 1st round!  I love March Madness...nobody knows what the fuck will happen.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2009, 02:47:50 PM »

I don't think UConn is gonna make it without Dyson.  If it comes down to them and Louisville in the Final Four I think the Cards will take care of business this time.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2009, 03:11:04 PM »

Jut like a million other folks, I've got UCONN and PITT in the Finals.  No surprise with UNC in the Final Four...but a little surprise with Wake in the Final 4.  Louisville's an excellent team...but they're playing Ohio State in Dayton, Ohio in the 2nd round.  I don't know...just a hunch.

Hell, Cleveland State could knock Wake out 1st round!  I love March Madness...nobody knows what the fuck will happen.  Smiley

Don't underestimate Michigan State.  They may sneak out of that region (as much as a 2 seed can sneak)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2009, 05:19:43 PM »

President Obama's March Madness Bracket:  (I respect the love for my Orange!  Elite 8, not bad!)

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?entryID=2813746

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »

Damn Ty Lawson's big toe!!!! Why'd he have to go and get hurt right at the most important time of the year???

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2009, 06:19:40 PM »

I don't think UConn is gonna make it without Dyson.  If it comes down to them and Louisville in the Final Four I think the Cards will take care of business this time.
I'm a diehard UConn fan who ALWAYS picks them in the tourney to go at least as far as their seeding would indicate if not further.  Mark this year down as the first time I pick them to get upset.  I've got them losing in the Elite 8 to Missouri.  Although it wouldn't really shock me if they lost earlier, OR if they won it all.  I've got Louisville winning it all, but I can't say I feel confident about that.  It's so wide open this year.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »

UConn will not lose to my Chattanooga Mocs

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2009, 06:23:35 PM »

President Obama's March Madness Bracket:  (I respect the love for my Orange!  Elite 8, not bad!)

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?entryID=2813746
I've got the Orange losing in the 2nd round to ASU.  I remember them going on a similar run in the Big East tourney a few years back with Gerry Mac and I got suckered into thinking that would carry over into the NCAA's and they lost to Vermont.  Of course, they could very well go deep.  You just better hope Gus Johnson isn't announcing your teams games, IF you're team is the favorite.  He's notorious for getting the "upset" games, for one reason or another.  There's just something in the air when Gus is around.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »

Mcnamara was injured though

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »

UConn will not lose to my Chattanooga Mocs
I sure hope you're right.  They nearly made history the last time they were a 1 seed against Albany.  They were losing that game with like 8 minutes left and finally pulled away for a 10 point win with a loaded roster of future NBA players.  That was such an embarassing display.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2009, 06:41:19 PM »

Louisville scares me cause we always have a tendency to go long stretches without being able to score.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2009, 08:03:18 PM »

Louisville scares me cause we always have a tendency to go long stretches without being able to score.

Yeah, Louisville is a lot like D's love life.  hihi  Just kiddin' D.   peace

Am I crazy to think Ohio State has a shot against Louisville in Ohio?  Louisville's lost some games to teams they shouldn't have lost against.  We shall see.

You just know there are going to be some huuuuge upsets.  I can't wait!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2009, 12:37:07 AM »

Yeah, Louisville is a lot like D's love life.  hihi  Just kiddin' D.   peace

Am I crazy to think Ohio State has a shot against Louisville in Ohio?  Louisville's lost some games to teams they shouldn't have lost against.  We shall see.

You just know there are going to be some huuuuge upsets.  I can't wait!

These are my 2 most favorite days of the year.  I took work off both Thursday and Friday to enjoy the 12+ hours of basketball each day.  Does it get any better?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »

I've got to brag while I can because it won't last.  I went 15-1 yesterday with my picks.  I think that's the best I've ever done in a first round session.  I usually get 4-7 wrong or so.  Granted there weren't many upsets yesterday.  I picked Western Kentucky, got Butler wrong.  Today I went for a couple more upsets so things will probably even out.

UConn looked real good yesterday, granted against a 16 seed.  I think that was their most lopsided win of the season.  They started off slowly but their defense just clamped down and they were just way too atheletic for Chatanooga.  And I was impressed by the play of Donnell Beverly in the second half, even though it was in garbage time.  He looked real confident out there, maybe earned himself some more minutes in the rotation.  Looked a heckuva lot better than Craig Austrie has looked in months and he starts.  Again, I realize that's what a 1 seed is supposed to do to a 16 seed, but this team needs some confidence.  Tomorrow will be a true test vs. Texas A&M.  We'll seem what they're made of during that one.  Hope Calhoun is back, poor guy is getting old and is not in the best of health.  He has to lead the NCAA's in missed games or leaving games early due to illness.  He said years ago if he won another championship he'd retire.  I'd hate to see him leave, but for his own good it might be time, so go ahead and win it all for him boys.

First things first though, A&M tomorrow.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2009, 01:21:51 AM »

UCLA vs. 'nova.

No Final Four this year.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2009, 01:53:23 AM »

WOW, we may have a cakewalk to the Elite 8

don't want to jinx anything but Siena and then either Arizona or Cleveland St.

U guys didn't join the fight against GNRevolution.

I am in 2nd or 3rd right now trying to hold it down for us.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

WOW, we may have a cakewalk to the Elite 8

don't want to jinx anything but Siena and then either Arizona or Cleveland St.

U guys didn't join the fight against GNRevolution.

I am in 2nd or 3rd right now trying to hold it down for us.

I'm in there.  I'm at the top, hard to miss me.  Probably won't last too much longer, at least I hope it doesn't becaue I have UConn losing in the elite 8.

Don't take Siena lightly, they're a legit team.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2009, 02:34:08 PM »

^Yeah, since I knew Faldor was there, he'd win it for us. Smiley  (honestly, so many brackets going around, I forgot HTGTH's!  sorry)

my Cuse are in the Sweet 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oklahomo comin' up next!  I will pull for Gonzaga against UNC too.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: