Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:24:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ONE BIG NEGATIVE-WHERES THE ROCK???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ONE BIG NEGATIVE-WHERES THE ROCK???  (Read 13804 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 07:48:11 PM »

the closest thing to dancing for hard rock/metal is moshing, which isn't really dancing.

oh, and you CLEARLY have never heard of "the toxic waltz"

Grin

THE TOXIC WALTZ

Here's a new dance craze
That's sweeping the nation
It's called the Toxic Waltz
And it's causing devastation
You're jumping up and down
Like a psycho circus clown
Slamming with waltzers
All the way around
You get caught up in the whip
Thrown into a flip
You aim for someone's head
To stain the floor red
Give someone a kick
To prove you're truly sick
Bounce back from some blows
And blood runs out your nose                                 
Flailing round and round
And you're injury bound
Waltz it up!
The pit is it!
You can take your chance
On this rough new dance
If you dare!
To dive in!
There are some that try
But they don't survive
They don't hit!
'cause they're wimps!
And this exercise
helps you brutalize
With us!
Exodus!

(chorus)

Everybody's doing the toxic waltz
Kick your friend in the head and have a ball
Come on and do the toxic waltz
And slam your partner against the wall
Everybody's doing the toxic waltz
Good friendly violent fun in store for all
Get up off your ass and toxic waltz
If you hit the floor
You can always crawl!

Used to do the monkey
but now it's not cool
The twist and mashed potato
are no exception to the rule
So don't be a dunce
and dance like a runt
Just throw your elbows
with good friendly violent fun
don't start to cry
if you get a black eye
just dive back in
and give another try
but too much action
may leave you in traction
so you better get insurance
no matter your endurance

flailing round and round
and you're injury bound
Waltz it up!
The pit is it!
You can take your chance
on the rough new dance
If you dare!
to dive in!
There are some that try
but they wont survive
They dont hit!
'cause they're wimps!
And this exercise
Helps you brutalize
With us!
Exodus!

(chorus)

Everybody's doing the Toxic Waltz
Kick your friend in the head and have a ball
Come on and do the toxic waltz
and slam your partner against the wall
everybody's doing the toxic waltz
good friendly violent fun in store for all
get up off your ass and toxic waltz
if you hit the floor you can always crawl!

Get up on your feet
Don't look so obsolete
And thrash like an athlete!
Don't sit there on your ass
Don't look like you got too much class
you'll be harassed!
You know we guarantee
This is the key
So rage or get the third degree!
You begin frontal assaults
and start your somersaults
And do the toxic waltz!
Do the toxic waltz!
Do the toxic waltz!
Do the toxic waltz!
Do the toxic waltz!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 07:51:00 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 08:06:27 PM »

I don't wanna stray too far off topic here, but I think it's hillarious how people can classify this music as 'danceable.'? I couldn't imagine trying to dance to GNR - it's not dance music.? what type of club would you see this kind of dancing in?? what style of dancing would it be???

the closest thing to dancing for hard rock/metal is moshing, which isn't really dancing.

You can Dance to Welcome To The Jungle but it doesn't make it dance music.

You can dance to Rocket Queen too Wink

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 08:07:36 PM »

A little off topic but SCOM is played HEAVILY at college parties, including frats (ugh, not a big fan) and house/apt parties. I've heard it weddings many times too...Same with Paradise City. People play it because it rocks and people love to sing along with it. It isn't because they think they can grind with someone to it ?Cheesy

Although the sounds of Appetite in rock is gone, I really think people would love to hear another Appetite style album from Axl. Well, maybe not everyone, but I know I would.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 08:41:23 PM »

You may get some hints of Appetite but you're not gonna get another CD just like it.  The UYI albums were far different than Appetite and I'm sure if we ever get to hear Chinese Democracy it'll be vastly different than UYI's.  As Eddie Vedder would say "It's evolution baby."

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
waxlrose1987
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 08:54:57 PM »

Nobody wants Appetite Part 2 but like Aerosmith released a blues album getting back to their roots, The Chili Peppers are releasing a down and dirty punk funk album in 2 months going back to their roots, the Stones new album is harder rockin than anything they have done is 25 or so years so it would be nice to see Axl get back to his roots...Sometimes for bands to evolve they need to make  a pit stop to the roots from which they were spawned
Z
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 08:57:20 PM »

It's 20 plus years since they wrote AFD. ?Why in the world would Axl want to re-write AFD??

I don't want another AFD and I certainly don't want another UYI.

I am more than satisfied with the 6 songs I've heard thus far. ?They are rock beyond "21st century rock". ?The guitars are roaring. ?There are actual solos in these songs.

The latest 3 are more than I was hoping for. ?I'm still amazed they are only demos.

Beats anything made since AFD.........in my opinion of course.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 08:58:31 PM »

True, but it's kinda hard to get back to your roots when Axl is the ONLY original member left in the band.  The CURRENT band is just laying down its roots.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 09:12:33 PM »

Axl doesn't think that music is "cool" anymore.

Loder: What have you been doing for the last six and a half years, since the last tour ended?

Rose: Trying to figure out how to make a record.

Loder: Ah, you already knew how to do that, right?

Rose: I originally wanted to make a traditional record or try to get back to an "Appetite [For Destruction]" thing or something, because that would have been a lot easier for me to do. I was involved in a lot of lawsuits for Guns N' Roses and in my own personal life, so I didn't have a lot of time to try and develop a new style or re-invent myself, so I was hoping to write a traditional thing, but I was not really allowed to do that.

Loder: What prevented you from doing, like, a traditional rock record?

Rose: Slash.

ok

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 09:26:30 PM »

Loder: What have you been doing for the last six and a half years, since the last tour ended?

Rose: I originally wanted to make a traditional record or try to get back to an "Appetite [For Destruction]" thing or something, because that would have been a lot easier for me to do. I was involved in a lot of lawsuits for Guns N' Roses and in my own personal life, so I didn't have a lot of time to try and develop a new style or re-invent myself, so I was hoping to write a traditional thing, but I was not really allowed to do that.

ok

LOL i remeber that from a phone interview,  so true.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 09:33:41 PM »

Oh yeah the leaks aren't rock they are Backstreet Boys style....  Roll Eyes   They are rock songs.  IRS has light parts that just bust into something heavy, reminds me of YCBM style. The leaks are amazing, they represent rock in all ways.
Parabola
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to Axl's

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 09:54:53 PM »

I am as pumped as anyone for Chinese Democracy and the 3 leaked songs are all badass and i am sure the album will be awesome but there is one problem......Whatever happened to the bare bones bad ass rock n roll like Appetite or like early Aerosmith records that was such a big influence on the GNR sound.....I mean it has been 19 years since Appetite came out so its not like enough time hasnt gone by for Axl to reutrn to some stripped down aggressive rock.....Would be nice to hear some raw skin crunching rock n roll to make Velvet Revolver eat it

Look at Aerosmith, they aren't playing anything close to "Toys In The Attic" people get older and simmer down, people change, Axl said years ago that he didn't want to do another album like AFD.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 09:59:24 PM by Parabola » Logged
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 09:57:28 PM »

i'd be disappointed if he did another afd
i want a complex record with epics...

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Parabola
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 09:58:13 PM »

ok

LOL i remeber that from a phone interview,? so true.

That doesn't sound right Slash's music is definitley more like AFD than Axl's new stuff, i think Mr. Axl is making a false statement, he wanted to change the sound of the band and the other members didn't want to play that type of music, hence that is what you are hearing now with the leaks.
Parabola
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2006, 10:00:11 PM »

i'd be disappointed if he did another afd
i want a complex record with epics...

I'd like to see a combination of both, which we still may see when the album is released!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 10:19:51 PM »

I don't wanna stray too far off topic here, but I think it's hillarious how people can classify this music as 'danceable.'? I couldn't imagine trying to dance to GNR - it's not dance music.? what type of club would you see this kind of dancing in?? what style of dancing would it be???

You can Dance to Welcome To The Jungle but it doesn't make it dance music.

and rocket queesn, Sweet child, it's so easy, PC, i could go on
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2006, 10:48:29 PM »

The genres pretty much hit a dry well, and VR is proof positive - Axl's smart enough to move on and make a rock record that incorporates tons to different styles to give it a fresh spin.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »

The genres pretty much hit a dry well, and VR is proof positive - Axl's smart enough to move on and make a rock record that incorporates tons to different styles to give it a fresh spin.

We haven't had a group like VR in a whils, so I think if anything it revitilized the genre. They simply rock!

What Axl is doing is much more unique & creative.

I like both bands. It doesn't always have to be VR vs Axl.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 11:12:46 PM »

Sure, Axl is working on a CD for years just to come up with another AFD record, so he can please a few left over mullet-heads living at Alabama!!

Doesn't that album still sell like 250,000 copies a year?  Didn't know the mulletheads in Alabama were reproducing at that rate.   Roll Eyes

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2006, 11:46:23 PM »

Better, IRS and CD are all rock

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 12:15:29 AM »

If Axl was still writing the same music at 44 that he wrote at 20, I'd simply have to question his sincerity...That's the biggest problem I have with VR...Whether it's intentional or not, to me they're just emulating a bunch of hungry twenty-somethings.   
It's cool to listen to every now and again, but in my opinion, the music simply has no lasting qualities.  You may think Axl's "epics" are self-indulgant, but I feel like I've experienced something unique when hearing Axl's stuff.  It's why I'm so excited for CD...I get the same intensity from Maddy, Blues, Better, TWAT, etc..that I did from estranged, and that excites me...
On the other hand, those types of songs were made even more special by the variety of the material that surrounded them, so the sequencing and track selection is gonna be crucial for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: