Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:29:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ONE BIG NEGATIVE-WHERES THE ROCK???
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ONE BIG NEGATIVE-WHERES THE ROCK???  (Read 13898 times)
waxlrose1987
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: February 27, 2006, 07:11:48 PM »

I am as pumped as anyone for Chinese Democracy and the 3 leaked songs are all badass and i am sure the album will be awesome but there is one problem......Whatever happened to the bare bones bad ass rock n roll like Appetite or like early Aerosmith records that was such a big influence on the GNR sound.....I mean it has been 19 years since Appetite came out so its not like enough time hasnt gone by for Axl to reutrn to some stripped down aggressive rock.....Would be nice to hear some raw skin crunching rock n roll to make Velvet Revolver eat it
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 07:15:09 PM »

Axl doesn't think that music is "cool" anymore.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 07:16:38 PM »

Thats what im feelin too

gnrevolution.com
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 07:16:47 PM »

I am as pumped as anyone for Chinese Democracy and the 3 leaked songs are all badass and i am sure the album will be awesome but there is one problem......Whatever happened to the bare bones bad ass rock n roll like Appetite or like early Aerosmith records that was such a big influence on the GNR sound.....I mean it has been 19 years since Appetite came out so its not like enough time hasnt gone by for Axl to reutrn to some stripped down aggressive rock.....Would be nice to hear some raw skin crunching rock n roll to make Velvet Revolver eat it

That middle part in Better sounds pretty rockin' to me beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 07:16:51 PM »

I doubt thats true....i certainly hope its not at least.

Yeah, i've been wondering the same thing myself.  Maybe its b/c hes 44 and has just lost the rage/fire he used to have.  Maybe he wants to show the world how hes evolved as an artist?  Keep in mind, we've only heard a few new songs.  of them, I think chinese democracy and IRS are pretty rocking songs.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 07:18:33 PM »

Well, that's the thing - if you want stripped down rock, then listen to Velvet Revelver. They do it as well as anyone at the moment and imho, do that better than Axl can do with his new band. I would much rather listen to Sucker Train Blues, Slither and Dirty Little Thing than Chinese Democracy, Riyadh and IRS. The great thing about Axl was always his ability to do something different like epics and ballads, and even when he does hard rock like Better and IRS, there is always a twist its never straightforward. So if your looking for stripped-down rock Axl isn't your man. Besides my favourite GnR songs are generally the more complicated. Although my favourite ever is Paradise City, across between two and combined everything GnR were about. That kinda stuff never be matched by either the new GnR or VR.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 07:22:48 PM »

Where's the rock? Are you kidding me? IRS, TWAT,  the metal portion of Better? There is plenty for everyone in these songs. I love the diversity.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »

Where is it?  It's dead man!  Although AFD is one of my favorite albums of all time, the genre is 20-25 years old.  music has changed.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 07:25:16 PM »

We got 13 tracks to go

relax!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 07:28:36 PM »

We got 13 tracks to go

relax!

And a lifetime to appreciate them.

Can't wait for studio Madagascar.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 07:33:15 PM »

Can't wait for studio Madagascar.

^^ epic!

my only concern is that is will be too reminiscent of estranged (notice oven the video footage during MVAs had ocean water etc.)

badapple81
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

Uhmm have you heard Better or was it My Favourite Pillow you downloaded?
Funral
Opening Act

There Was A Time......

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 07:41:01 PM »

.I mean it has been 19 years since Appetite came out so its not like enough time hasnt gone by for Axl to reutrn to some stripped down aggressive rock.....Would be nice to hear some raw skin crunching rock n roll to make Velvet Revolver eat it

Sure, Axl is working on a CD for years just to come up with another AFD record, so he can please a few left over mullet-heads living at Alabama!!
Origen
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 07:42:15 PM »

Would be nice to hear some raw skin crunching rock n roll to make Velvet Revolver eat it

Real mature.

And It's because Axl doesn't have certain members of VR that he'll never make a record like Appetite so that's you knackered.

BUT Axl doesn't want to make another Appetite album anyway, that was written by a group of kids living on the edge.

It's pretty much certain Chinese Democracy won't sound anythink like Appetite that will never happened even if he tried so love it or leave it.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 07:42:19 PM »

Uhmm have you heard Better or was it My Favourite Pillow you downloaded?

Better is more "danceable" to me then a true hard rocker.  The hard rock (dudes, stop calling it metal..that is NOT metal) middle part is cool, but doesn't belong in that song (along with the robot noises).  The song as a whole is DEFINITELY lacking the AFD/UYI attitude.  IRS and chinese democracy are much more rockin.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 07:44:41 PM »

I don't wanna stray too far off topic here, but I think it's hillarious how people can classify this music as 'danceable.'  I couldn't imagine trying to dance to GNR - it's not dance music.  what type of club would you see this kind of dancing in?  what style of dancing would it be???

the closest thing to dancing for hard rock/metal is moshing, which isn't really dancing.

Origen
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 07:46:02 PM »

I don't wanna stray too far off topic here, but I think it's hillarious how people can classify this music as 'danceable.'? I couldn't imagine trying to dance to GNR - it's not dance music.? what type of club would you see this kind of dancing in?? what style of dancing would it be???

the closest thing to dancing for hard rock/metal is moshing, which isn't really dancing.

You can Dance to Welcome To The Jungle but it doesn't make it dance music.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

I don't wanna stray too far off topic here, but I think it's hillarious how people can classify this music as 'danceable.'  I couldn't imagine trying to dance to GNR - it's not dance music.  what type of club would you see this kind of dancing in?  what style of dancing would it be???

That was my point...i was mocking Matt's comments about how he wants VR to be more danceable....GNR should NOT be danceable at all but totally kick ass and rocking - "better" is not that sound.  I'm shocked so many people love it so much.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 07:47:29 PM »

have you ever seen anyone dance to it, or heard it played at a dance club for that matter?

how would you dance to it?  like slow turns, or disco style, or what? 

it's not dance music LOL

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 07:48:06 PM »

It's there. It's on tracks we haven't heard yet. On tracks that once heard a bunch of fans will die do to the rocking out factor. I swore Id never say this but.. Have a little patience.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: