Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:54:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  * October 25th, 2006 Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum ** DISCUSSION **
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * October 25th, 2006 Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum ** DISCUSSION **  (Read 35188 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2006, 08:42:35 PM »

The time issue is kind of shady only because the band, management, and the promoters know they have no intention of going on any time before 11, yet they don't really make any effort to let the general public kow that. There is a good chance Joe Public might forgoe the show if he knows ahead of time that he isn't going to be home until 2-3 in the morning. By at least making an effort to let everyone know you can let them plan accordingly as to whether or not they want to call off work for the next day.

Mysteron was lecturing about how some of the fans should have "respect" about some of the things that GNR's management has requested lately, and this issue is example 1 of why the band has no respect for its patrons, so it is hypocritical to ask for it in return.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2006, 02:29:25 AM »

I agree with you.  Maybe more than anything, this review made me realize that the starting time really isn't acceptable.  If you don't follow this band on a daily basis, that's a pretty major inconvenience.

And for those "bashers," this guy didn't have to take a train, or any bullshit like that.  He's just an average working guy who loves music.   So hold off on the "it's rock n' roll man!" crap.

No offense to the women out there, but damn, alot of these complaints sound like a bunch of bitchy women!

Ah, but loads taken.    Grin

Nah, only kidding!  Have a great time in Jersey, you lucky swine.   ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2006, 04:20:59 AM »

The time issue is kind of shady only because the band, management, and the promoters know they have no intention of going on any time before 11, yet they don't really make any effort to let the general public kow that. There is a good chance Joe Public might forgoe the show if he knows ahead of time that he isn't going to be home until 2-3 in the morning. By at least making an effort to let everyone know you can let them plan accordingly as to whether or not they want to call off work for the next day.

Mysteron was lecturing about how some of the fans should have "respect" about some of the things that GNR's management has requested lately, and this issue is example 1 of why the band has no respect for its patrons, so it is hypocritical to ask for it in return.

Huh?

I'm sorry but it's a Guns N' Fuckin' Roses show. People know enough about GNR to know they run late. If you expect any different, then i'm sorry...

It makes it more exciting when you have to wait. When you are at the point where it's like "COME ON!!!" and then the lights go out and the open chords to Jungle start... it's no different than an orgasm, let me tell you...  drool

hihi peace ok

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
anythinggoes
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2006, 04:25:31 AM »

Huh?

I'm sorry but it's a Guns N' Fuckin' Roses show. People know enough about GNR to know they run late. If you expect any different, then i'm sorry...

It makes it more exciting when you have to wait. When you are at the point where it's like "COME ON!!!" and then the lights go out and the open chords to Jungle start... it's no different than an orgasm, let me tell you...? drool

hihi peace ok

Well im Glad i dont have your orgasms then lol, i mean yeah i know its good but it aint that good  hihi

peace
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2006, 07:17:17 AM »

Huh?

It makes it more exciting when you have to wait. When you are at the point where it's like "COME ON!!!" and then the lights go out and the open chords to Jungle start... it's no different than an orgasm, let me tell you...? drool

hihi peace ok

thats a load of crap.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2006, 08:15:28 AM »

The reason they don't let the general public know they are going on so late is because then the arena would be 1/4 full instead of 1/2 full.

After seeing that last night they sold less than 1/2 their tickets, its time for Axl to reconsider his strategy here.  Every single intelligent person on this forum said it would have been smarter to release the album (or a single) before touring.  Some nut huggers here thought he could pull it off without new material, but in all reality, he can't fill these arenas without new material (or conversely without the old band).  So, they need to get at least the single out Monday at the latest.  I'm a diehard fan who won't go again until there is more material released.  Now the casual fans certainly aren't knockin down the door to buy tickets either. 

Why is this so easy for us to see and ignored by the worst band management group of all time?
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2006, 08:40:30 AM »

I remember the Kerrang letters page having stuff like this on it during the Illusion World Tour in 1992. It's unprofessional but I wouldn't leave after I've paid money to enjoy a band I love.

If this is something that is done on a regular basis I would complain to the band and their management.

Has anyone made a complaint about this? If you feel so strongly that would be the thing to do.

If you had a season ticket for a football team who always came out late, they would be inundated with complaints and would lose fans!

Be Aware of Legacy
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2006, 08:43:53 AM »

The reason they don't let the general public know they are going on so late is because then the arena would be 1/4 full instead of 1/2 full.

After seeing that last night they sold less than 1/2 their tickets, its time for Axl to reconsider his strategy here.  Every single intelligent person on this forum said it would have been smarter to release the album (or a single) before touring.  Some nut huggers here thought he could pull it off without new material, but in all reality, he can't fill these arenas without new material (or conversely without the old band).  So, they need to get at least the single out Monday at the latest.  I'm a diehard fan who won't go again until there is more material released.  Now the casual fans certainly aren't knockin down the door to buy tickets either. 

Why is this so easy for us to see and ignored by the worst band management group of all time?

It could be the management, but more likely the singer's powertrip that destroyed the old line up in the first place.

They could go on playing massive arenas with only 500 people present but if that's the way Axl wants to do it, who's gonna stand in his way?

A first year marketing student could have planned the tour and this album release better.

Be Aware of Legacy
SLCPUNK
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2006, 01:27:52 PM »

SLC Punk...EXCELLENT review!  I gasped like 4 times!  Thanks for making us feel like we were there with you guys.  Tell Mrs. Punk hi and rock on!!!!!!! ok

Will do, thanks!

Cool
Evolution
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2006, 01:33:59 PM »

Are you able to upload the pic SLC?!

Excellent read  ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2006, 01:41:38 PM »

Are you able to upload the pic SLC?!

Excellent read  ok

In a day or so........I actually need to upgrade my cell phone service in order to do it.
Evolution
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2006, 01:46:09 PM »

It'll be worth it. A pic with any of the band is the ultimate boast!
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »

It wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal if GNR went on right after the band before them. If they aren't going to go on till 11.30 then start the fucking show at 9 or 9.30 ya know? If they put on the tickets that the show was going to start at 9.30 and the bands went one after another, this wouldn't be as big of a deal.

But...

I don't think the issue is what time Axl wants to go on or they probably would do what I described above. The issue is that Axl wants to keep people waiting for an hour or more between the opening band and GNR. He likes the nervous, anxious, impatient energy that it creates.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »

It'll be worth it. A pic with any of the band is the ultimate boast!

It is only my arm and axl coming up to shake it. With a bit of movement thrown in. Poor quality, but still pretty cool.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2006, 02:50:58 PM »

Just listening to Buzzsaw on Sirius satellite radio.  They played "You Could Be Mine" and after the DJ came on and said how a friend of his went to the show in Tampa the other night and said it was unbelievable.  Said they were as good as the old band.  Nice to hear.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
G N R PIMP
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »

After seeing that last night they sold less than 1/2 their tickets, its time for Axl to reconsider his strategy here.? Every single intelligent person on this forum said it would have been smarter to release the album (or a single) before touring.? Some nut huggers here thought he could pull it off without new material, but in all reality, he can't fill these arenas without new material (or conversely without the old band).? So, they need to get at least the single out Monday at the latest.? I'm a diehard fan who won't go again until there is more material released.? Now the casual fans certainly aren't knockin down the door to buy tickets either.?

Good post ?ok

My thoughts exactly.
G N R PIMP
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2006, 02:59:07 PM »

A first year marketing student could have planned the tour and this album release better.

fucking hell , my turd that i've just flushed down the pan could have organised this better.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »

I was just looking at the Harley Davidson commercial on youtube with GNR's new song on it.  Releasing Better and having that commecial hit the TV would have been a good idea before the tour.  It's now 3 gigs into the tour and these things are still not done.  I'd really like to know why.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2006, 03:07:18 PM »

post the pic, SLC. Cheesy your great writing made us want to see the pic no matter how blurry it might be.

The issue is that Axl wants to keep people waiting for an hour or more between the opening band and GNR. He likes the nervous, anxious, impatient energy that it creates.

badintentions, I don't think so. I can see axl rather nervously doing the scales or some imagery rehearsal till the last minute.

No offense to the women out there, but damn, alot of these complaints sound like a bunch of bitchy women!

Ironically, none of the complaints that sound like a bunch of bitchy women is from a female fan, it seems.

Maybe "like a bunch of bitchy men" is the words from now on.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »

I upgraded my phone and sent this picture to myself. It is a little blurred, but Mrs. Punk did an amazing job with a poor camera and a spontaneous moment.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: