Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:03:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227902 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Al-Qaeda leader Bin Laden 'dead'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al-Qaeda leader Bin Laden 'dead'  (Read 28365 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »

Reminds me of the man who asked me if I spoke any other languages besides English at the Montevideo airport. I told him "Finnish and Swedish!".  Grin

He didn't wanna speak English because it reminded him of the USA and all the innocent people they have killed.

I told him English is from England. That didn't matter, England is bad too.

Ironically he spoke Spanish.

Spain colonized most of South America and did what? Yeah, killed innocent people....

I guess he should learn Finnish...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »

I'm sure Al-Qaida's new #1 is pretty irate over his recent promotion, unfortunately I think we should expect an attempt  at a revenge terror attack. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 03:55:50 PM »

Remember Hiroshima. Remember the 1.000.000+ innoncent civilians killed in Irak.

You sound like all of that was just for fun  confused

BTW not nearly 1 Million innocent civilians have been killed in Iraq.... But hey if it makes you feel better, just go ahead and add some extra zeroes
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:58:20 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 03:57:04 PM »

Well there was no good reason for the Iraq war really....
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »

Give me good reasons then.

What was US's reason to participate in the WWII and to use a massive destruction weapon against Japan TWICE?

What is the reason for the Iraq war?

I insist: there is no other country in the world that has caused more deaths and destruction than the US.

BTW not nearly 1 Million innocent civilians have been killed in Iraq.... But hey if it makes you feel better, just go ahead and add some extra zeroes

whatever the real number is, its a lot more than the number of deaths caused in 9/11.

please, understand what my point is: im HAPPY to know Osama is dead. That's justice. But it's not complete yet. Bush must live the rest of his life in jail. And many other american leaders/european leaders too. This is not a war between good and evil. This is a war between two different kinds of evil. The only victims here are US/Iraq civilians.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 04:08:05 PM »

So explain me what's the reason of throwing two massive destructive bombs to a country VIRTUALLY RETIRED FROM WAR. Maybe "revenge" for Pearl Harbor? Cool...good reason... . Not valid, though.

And, as chineseblues said: there was no good reason for the Iraq war really... . In fact there was: OIL. And when in the next years you look for water...your nice and lovely missiles will aim to us  Smiley .

WHAT A FUN AND SAFE WORLD! THANKS USA!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:10:17 PM by Ulises » Logged

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 04:20:01 PM »

So explain me what's the reason of throwing two massive destructive bombs to a country VIRTUALLY RETIRED FROM WAR. Maybe "revenge" for Pearl Harbor? Cool...good reason... . Not valid, though.

And, as chineseblues said: there was no good reason for the Iraq war really... . In fact there was: OIL. And when in the next years you look for water...your nice and lovely missiles will aim to us  Smiley .

WHAT A FUN AND SAFE WORLD! THANKS USA!

You should brush up on your WW2 history - 2 Atomic bombs were dropped so we did not have to invade Mainland Japan, saving tens of thousands of US soldiers lives and finally end the fighting. Japan did not retire from war. They were ready to fight to the death.

As far as the oil is concerned in Iraq it is pretty obvious we did not get any of it.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »

What was US's reason to participate in the WWII and to use a massive destruction weapon against Japan TWICE?

I'll agree with ya about the Iraq war, but WWII is an entirely different matter. The US and the rest of the world was fighting the Nazi's when Japan attacked the US for no reason what so ever. What was the US suppose to do? Sit back and do nothing? I'm sorry but what happened in WWII was completely justifiable.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »

Not that we needed another reason to confirm he was a scumbag:

Bin Laden used wife as shield:
Osama bin Laden used women as human shields as American forces fired on him in Pakistan on Sunday, White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan said.

Brennan told reporters at the White House that women were ?put in front of him as a shield.? He said that ?speaks to, I think, the nature of the individual he was.?

One of the women was bin Laden's wife, Brennan said.

"She served as a shield," he said. "She was positioned in a way that indicated she was being used as a shield."

Brennan called Obama's decision to go after bin Laden one of the ?gutsiest calls? in recent history at the White House, and he said that Obama?s chief concern was the safety of the Americans involved in the attack.
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0511/firing_on_osama_448de02d-06b6-41d2-a611-0305538f59c5.html

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »

^ Those special ops guys are incredible.  To go in and do that (without any Pakistan official knowing), having a helicopter stall and still not losing a drop of blood is beyond amazing.

Anyway, while Al Qaeda and other terrorist threats are obviously not going to just go away now, I think the threat they held since the 90s up until recent years is a thing of the past.  Younger generations are realizing that a lot more can be accomplished by not blowing yourself up, as evidenced in Egypt. 
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 04:52:01 PM »

10 years, 2 wars, 919,967 deaths & $1,188,263,000,000 later, they managed to kill one person. I hope it was worth it.

I just made this my Facebook status.

Thanks. ok

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »

You need to brush up on your history, I have NO idea where you came up with this.  No wonder you hate America so much it's because you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:03:20 PM by Bodhi » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »

How low. World War 2 stories now...

You're using a topic about the killing of a person who helped materialize the killing thousands of innocent people all over the world to "prove" to everybody how evil the USA is?

Nice of you.

I don't agree with everything the USA does, or any other country for that matter (including harboring known nazi war criminals after World War 2)...

I do remember that after the attacks in the USA in September 2001, most of the world was united against terrorism. It seems like the war in Iraq has made some people forget that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 05:13:04 PM »

Yay, God bless America, the most inept country when it comes to war.

Ten years to find one person, and yet they kill many others getting to that one person who is not now even a threat, and they kill him when they did not need to, spiting those who wanted him tried for his crimes.

What can one say.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »

You're using a topic about the killing of a person who helped materialize the killing thousands of innocent people all over the world to "prove" to everybody how evil the USA is?

Nice of you.

I don't agree with everything the USA does, or any other country for that matter (including harboring known nazi war criminals after World War 2)...

I do remember that after the attacks in the USA in September 2001, most of the world was united against terrorism. It seems like the war in Iraq has made some people forget that.

/jarmo

Nuclear weapons were unneccesary. It was a lazy option that killed too many people, including many people from Europe that worked there.

Given what had come before, it was not cool.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »

It's easy to criticize shit decades later.

It was a world war.

The British bombed the shit out of Germany, killing civilians too...

Does anybody mind that? Not really.

The war ended, Hitler was dead.

He wasn't a threat? Says who?

Sure, he was in hiding, trying to stay alive. He was still the poster boy for that whole organization and inspired many more who share his sick views.

Just like they're still bringing people to justice for the war crimes they committed decades ago (for example in former Yugoslavia), the same way they should go after these extremists. Time doesn't matter.

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011, 05:33:45 PM »

Nice of you.

/jarmo

We are all united. That's clear. Everybody in the world (except the taliban and maybe some other fundamentalist groups) is HAPPY to see Bin Laden dead.

Killing Bin Laden is an important step to stop Al Qaeda. Its not enough, but it was probably the biggest step. Today is a great day in terms of the fight against worldwide terrorism, and we all agree and are united in this.

BUT i wont buy the cheap nationalism some of the american guys here and the ones celebrating in front of the white house profess. I wont buy the story of a ''good side called US'', ''an evil side called Al Qaeda'' and a ''defenseless rest of the world who needs the good-old USA to save their asses''. Thats american bullshit only americans can buy.

Americans bring back memories depending on how useful they are for their arguments. Talking about 9/11 is acceptable. Talking about Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Vietnam, Iraq, Cuba, etc is not. All these episodes involves HUMAN DEATHS.

And there is no other country in the world who caused more deaths than the USA. Divide history from 1900 to now in decades: USA will be #1 in the ranking in all of them.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 05:38:41 PM »

And there is no other country in the world who caused more deaths than the USA. Divide history from 1900 to now in decades: USA will be #1 in the ranking in all of them.

Funny. That's exactly how that old man at the airport in Montevideo thought.

"It's ok, I speak the language of a country who colonized most of this continent and killed a lot of people, but it happened before 1900 so it's ok!"

hihi

/jarmo

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2011, 05:39:34 PM »

I agree that collateral damage in the form of civilian deaths should never be something you just shrug off.  But take a look at what happened in this case.  The most wanted terrorist in the world was hiding out in a residential neighborhood in a sovereign country.  A small force went in and took him out without neighboring homes losing as much as even a chip of paint.  That is nothing short of an incredible act of counterterrorism and should be a model going forward (which is why they have to be careful about releasing too many details in the form of video).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:43:58 PM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2011, 05:50:41 PM »

Whether or not he was a threat anymore is irrelevant, he WAS responsible for 9/11 and was brought to justice.  We have no way of knowing how much of a threat he was, only the government knows that.

Yes, America has been responsible for a lot of deaths, but a lot of them were as a result of being attacked in the first place.  Aside from Vietnam and the Iraq War, the USA was provoked were they not?  You are acting as if the US just started bombing countries at random just for fun.

Death is a terrible thing.  Nobody wants war, and nobody is happy to see people die.  Unfortunately we do not live in a peaceful world.  But to say America is mostly responsible for that is just crazy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: