Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 98891 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #500 on: August 27, 2008, 03:44:34 AM »

Led Zeppelin trio back in studio

Led Zeppelin musicians Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have been working on new material.

Drummer Bonham told a radio station in Detroit that the songs could be destined for a new Led Zeppelin album.

Writing new material has been "on the cards" since the band's one-off reunion show in London last December, he told 94.7 WCSX.

But lead singer Robert Plant has not been involved in any of the sessions, he added.

'Phenomenal thing'

"At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material," he said.

"When I get there [in the studio] I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it.

"Whatever it ends up as, to ever get a chance to jam with two people like that, it is a phenomenal thing for me. It's my life. It's what I've dreamed about doing."

He added: "Lots of politics [would need to] get ironed out [before an album could be made]."

Led Zeppelin played their first concert in 19 years in front of nearly 20,000 fans at London's 02 arena in December.

Their two-hour set opened with Good Times Bad Times - the first track of their debut album.

Original band members Page, Plant and Jones were joined on stage by Jason Bonham - the son of their late drummer John.

* - Please merge with the Zeppelin thread later.

Fuck 'Em All.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #501 on: August 27, 2008, 03:48:23 AM »

This could be interesting. I wonder if Robert will join them after his tour ends with Allison Krause.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #502 on: August 27, 2008, 07:23:41 AM »

maybe they are making up for Jimmy Page performing with Leona Lewis.

But cmon, this isnt Zeppelin unless Plant is with them.

html sucks
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #503 on: August 27, 2008, 09:35:59 PM »

If Raising Sand was any indication of how any new Zeppelin material will sound, this will suck.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #504 on: August 28, 2008, 05:31:42 PM »

Shocked

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

that is too fucking cool. Robert  needs to get his shit strait and go with it. I know they don't need the money but non-the-less they could just tour for charity (getting them even more publicity) or just go out and tour for free (kinda like what Sammy Hagar did)

seriously though my jaw droped when i read that, Good post ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Chief
Legend

« Reply #505 on: August 28, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »

After this long and without John Bonham, i think they should just stick with jamming and MAYBE a charity show here and there.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #506 on: September 05, 2008, 01:31:07 PM »

Does anyone know if the 2007 London concert was  released on DVD or CD? I was in Oxford this summer and did not see it, but that does not mean anything.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #507 on: September 05, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »

After this long and without John Bonham, i think they should just stick with jamming and MAYBE a charity show here and there.

Im sure John would love his son to step in and play drums for Led Zeppelin.  I think they should do it but I heard they would half to go through alot of legal stuff just to put a record out.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GeraldFord
« Reply #508 on: September 05, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »

No Robert Plant? No LZ. Pretty simple.
Miss Carousel
Headliner

« Reply #509 on: September 19, 2008, 11:40:01 PM »

They're probably just fondling each other in the studio for old times sake.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #510 on: September 22, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »

This weekend, a tabloid newspaper published a story that suggested the other three members of Led Zeppelin are getting ready to replace Robert Plant with an American singer.  The story says that while John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Jason Bonham have been playing in a London studio, they have been doing so with a temporary American singer, whose role in the band could become more permanent.  A 'source' told the not-always-reliable Sun newspaper that "They've been rehearsing frequently in London and the band is really gelling. There's an American guy who has been standing in for Robert regularly and doing a great job.  Obviously they want the original frontman to join them on the road but he still won't commit. They will be finalizing plans for shows over the next couple of months and will tell Robert that if he doesn't want to be involved they will go ahead without him."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #511 on: September 23, 2008, 12:53:29 AM »

This weekend, a tabloid newspaper published a story that suggested the other three members of Led Zeppelin are getting ready to replace Robert Plant with an American singer.  The story says that while John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Jason Bonham have been playing in a London studio, they have been doing so with a temporary American singer, whose role in the band could become more permanent.  A 'source' told the not-always-reliable Sun newspaper that "They've been rehearsing frequently in London and the band is really gelling. There's an American guy who has been standing in for Robert regularly and doing a great job.  Obviously they want the original frontman to join them on the road but he still won't commit. They will be finalizing plans for shows over the next couple of months and will tell Robert that if he doesn't want to be involved they will go ahead without him."
I smell a flop.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #512 on: September 23, 2008, 01:08:34 AM »

It's The Sun, I wouldn't lose any sleep over this bit of "news."
GNRFAN20
« Reply #513 on: September 23, 2008, 01:15:54 AM »

bs robert plant cant be replaced
RobRose
Opening Act

« Reply #514 on: September 23, 2008, 07:17:51 PM »

I know a decent sounding bootleg of the audio is out there. There is a audience video of the show. I don't know how good the video is but i know the audio sounded good.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #515 on: September 24, 2008, 10:46:50 PM »

I know a decent sounding bootleg of the audio is out there. There is a audience video of the show. I don't know how good the video is but i know the audio sounded good.

If you find a link please share  ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Miss Carousel
Headliner

« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2008, 12:28:16 PM »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article1735624.ece

According to The Sun he's said yep yes.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #517 on: September 29, 2008, 07:08:37 AM »

Plant slams door on Led Zep tour

Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has scotched rumours that he is to tour with the band, describing speculation as "frustrating and ridiculous".

Last week, The Sun newspaper reported that he had agreed to a reunion tour.

But he has not and will not go on the road with anyone for at least two years after finishing US dates with Alison Krauss on 5 October, a statement said.

"Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin," it said.

"Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets."

The rock legends got back together for a one-off concert, their first for 19 years, in London last December.

At the time, promoters said 20 million people tried to register for tickets as soon as they became available.

Speculation has since been rife that the surviving members of the band, with Jason Bonham, son of their late drummer John, would hit the road for a highly lucrative tour.

"It's both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward," Plant said.

"I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects."

Plant has been reluctant to consider other projects during his fruitful collaboration with bluegrass singer Krauss.

Their album Raising Sand has earned them a Grammy Award and a Mercury Music Prize nomination, among other honours.

The other band members, meanwhile, are believed to be keen to work together again.

In August, Jason Bonham told a US radio station that he had been working on new material with Page and Jones.

The Sun has also reported that the trio have auditioned new singers to replace Plant on tour.

Meanwhile, guitarist Page was last seen performing Led Zeppelin's classic Whole Lotta Love with pop star Leona Lewis during the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.

Fuck 'Em All.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #518 on: September 29, 2008, 07:58:52 AM »

Well that sucks. I think the other 3 going ahead without Plant is a horrible idea.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #519 on: October 27, 2008, 04:10:47 PM »

According to eGigs.co.uk, LED ZEPPELIN bassist John Paul Jones has confirmed reports that that he, guitarist Jimmy Page and drummer Jason Bonham ? following the band's one off appearance at O2 Arena, London last year ? were itching to get out on the road. Singer Robert Plant has already announced that he has no plans to join them, as he was committed to his work with Alison Krauss, although they could be reunited with him in "a couple of years."

In the meantime, the rest of the band is looking for a new frontman before hopefully taking to the road.

Regarding their touring and recording plans, John Paul Jones said during an appearance at this past weekend's Mansons Guitar Show in Exeter, Devon, UK, "I'm afraid, there's no final answer yet. As you probably know, Jimmy, Jason and I are actually rehearsing and we've had the odd singer come in and have a bash. As soon as we know ? which we don't ? we will let you know. But we really hope that something is going to happen soon because we really want to do it and we're having a lot of fun, actually, just rehearsing. Jason is actually tremendous? he's really taking chances. He is a very brave man? Every other drummer in the world was watching him thinking [at the reunion show], 'That could have been me.' He's creative and really fun. We really want to do something and Robert doesn't want to do this sort of thing, at least for the moment. I don't really know what his plans are. He is touring with Alison, as you know. . . He really doesn't want to make loud music anymore. We do. I mean, I love acoustic music, but it doesn't stop me from turning something up . . . And what we've done so far sounds absolutely fantastic. When it does come, it will come, and you'll know about it."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: