Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:08:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag  (Read 36415 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2008, 04:49:41 PM »

thanks axl4prez

another thing u pointed out i really hate is how black people going around calling each other the N word like its cool, when they have no idea how ignorant or how bad it makes them look.

Prince has a song where he calls abraham lincoln a racist, because evidently Lincoln wasnt so "honest" in his intentions.

Some would say, that Lincoln freed the slaves just to hurt the south and he didnt necessarily view them as human beings. Also, black contributions to the North really aided in key Union victories.

So was Lincoln this great humanatarian or did he do things for personal gain?

Seems like he would've freed the slaves BEFORE the Civil War and wouldnt have waited 2 years to do so when the Confederate army was giving the Union army all they could handle.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2008, 05:06:54 PM »

What we did? We? I never did anything.

"We" as a country. Let's not play disingenuous here please.

I'm not in or from the same country as you. Do not make assumptions that everyone has the same idea what "we" means.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »

What we did? We? I never did anything.

"We" as a country. Let's not play disingenuous here please.

I'm not in or from the same country as you. Do not make assumptions that everyone has the same idea what "we" means.

I am white, yet my Italian relatives didn't land in the US till the early 1900's.  Should we direct this conversation to only Blue Blood whites from the UK?
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2008, 10:37:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN8EMmML-es

McCain takes both sides of the issue  ok

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2008, 10:48:56 PM »

thanks axl4prez

another thing u pointed out i really hate is how black people going around calling each other the N word like its cool, when they have no idea how ignorant or how bad it makes them look.

Prince has a song where he calls abraham lincoln a racist, because evidently Lincoln wasnt so "honest" in his intentions.

Some would say, that Lincoln freed the slaves just to hurt the south and he didnt necessarily view them as human beings. Also, black contributions to the North really aided in key Union victories.

Seems like he would've freed the slaves BEFORE the Civil War and wouldnt have waited 2 years to do so when the Confederate army was giving the Union army all they could handle.

Ahhh so the answer comes clean.......you got your history lesson from Prince.  Nuff said.

Lincoln's stance on slavery was that he was against.......HOWEVER he once said that if it would take not freeing the slaves to keep the union together, he would whatever it took to keep America united, but he KNEW that abolishing slavery was the right thing to do.  Lincoln was far from this monster against the south that you and "Prince" make him out to be.  Lincoln wanted what was best for this country even though he knew and felt slavery had to be abolished.  It was when Lincoln's nomination for President was pretty much set in stone that the Southern states started leaving the Union.  Lincoln couldn't have done shit to abolish slavery because the South basically ignored everything the North did and they decided to start the war.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »

You should not make assumptions that you were included in "we" to begin with.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2008, 12:07:55 AM »

Ybor is about 15 from my casa.

Next time you are in Ybor, give me a call too.

I'll scare the shit out of you.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2008, 12:16:05 AM »

Ybor is about 15 from my casa.

Next time you are in Ybor, give me a call too.

I'll scare the shit out of you.

He's not kidding ^

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2008, 04:07:02 AM »

You should not make assumptions that you were included in "we" to begin with.

Great! Glad not to be lumped in with the likes of you. That's a relief!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2008, 02:22:56 PM »

Instead of nutting up and admitting your assumption was wrong, you just insult me.

LOL, you're much more American than you think.

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2008, 02:28:27 PM »

Instead of nutting up and admitting your assumption was wrong, you just insult me.

LOL, you're much more American than you think.

Instead of admitting that what you wrote was ambiguous, you try and be a smartarse. Then, instead of letting it go, you try and be a smartarse again.

See? We could play this game forever. And yes, by "we" I mean the two of us.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2008, 02:34:11 PM »

It wasn't ambiguous, it was "we" meaning America as a whole, which I explained to you next, and that should have been the end of it. Instead you proceeded to play semantics, and make childish insults.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2008, 02:34:35 PM »

thanks axl4prez

Why has every other immigrant to the USA adapted well from Spanish, to Mexicans, to Italians, to Germans, to Irish, Chinese, Japanese, Jewish, Muslim's from Middle East and most came after the slaves, and most couldn't speak English, and most were discriminated against, yet they for the most part have adapted well and are very fine financially.  But why does it seem like only blacks still seem to be the ones with all these social and financial issues?  Is it the affirmative action?  Welfare?  Public Housing?  Why are we still talking slavery and using it as an excuse with people from all over the world came here with less skill, less money, and less communication and have surpassed so many african americans in such a short time.  Does the USA keep blacks down?  Obviously the exceptions are there like Barack, MJ, Collin Powell, Condi Rice, MLK, Football and Bball players and millions of others.  

My point is, maybe its time we stop making excuses for failures and start pointing to reasons why people should succeed instead of showing reasons why they are failing.  If any of you saw the final Rocky, he gives a speach to his son that talks about self accountability and not blaming other people for your problems.  I think that is where we are today.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »

My point is, maybe its time we stop making excuses for failures and start pointing to reasons why people should succeed instead of showing reasons why they are failing.  If any of you saw the final Rocky, he gives a speach to his son that talks about self accountability and not blaming other people for your problems.  I think that is where we are today.

Hasn't Rocky done enough already?  He singlehandedly ended the Cold War with his "If I can change and you can change, then everybody can change" speech -- and now you expect him to solve the problems of race in our country.  Give the guy a break.

Seriously, to compare to those groups of immigrants minimizes the effects of centuries of slavery and institutional racism. 

And, by the way, Rocky's son was just a whiner who couldn't find himself in his larger-than-life dad's shadow.  He truly had nobody to blame but himself.  That's not always the case.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »

My point is, maybe its time we stop making excuses for failures and start pointing to reasons why people should succeed instead of showing reasons why they are failing.  If any of you saw the final Rocky, he gives a speach to his son that talks about self accountability and not blaming other people for your problems.  I think that is where we are today.

Hasn't Rocky done enough already?  He singlehandedly ended the Cold War with his "If I can change and you can change, then everybody can change" speech -- and now you expect him to solve the problems of race in our country.  Give the guy a break.

Seriously, to compare to those groups of immigrants minimizes the effects of centuries of slavery and institutional racism. 

And, by the way, Rocky's son was just a whiner who couldn't find himself in his larger-than-life dad's shadow.  He truly had nobody to blame but himself.  That's not always the case.

rofl rofl I love Rocky.  If all these immigrants that came over in the early 1900's for their families with no money and not able to speak english, the blacks can do it too.  I think the welfare system is partially to blame here.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »

It wasn't ambiguous, it was "we" meaning America as a whole, which I explained to you next, and that should have been the end of it. Instead you proceeded to play semantics, and make childish insults.

You explained next...because it wasn't clear the first time. I'm letting this one go. Only idiots argue with idiots.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2008, 06:04:28 PM »

rofl  Ahaha!  Steele, you still got it!   rofl  I love that Rocky speech! 
Here's another line for those here who find the plight of African-Americans..."Some men...you just can't reach..." 
We could explain until we are blue in the face how racism has helped crush the advancement of African-Americans...but some folks just don't get it.  Nobody is saying there isn't an element of personal responsibility absent in some groups of struggling African-Americans, but that's not the whole picture.  To say blacks should have blended in like all the other immigrant groups is laughable and really does show a lack of knowledge of the black experience in this country. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2008, 06:12:56 PM »

rofl  Ahaha!  Steele, you still got it!   rofl  I love that Rocky speech! 
Here's another line for those here who find the plight of African-Americans..."Some men...you just can't reach..." 
We could explain until we are blue in the face how racism has helped crush the advancement of African-Americans...but some folks just don't get it.  Nobody is saying there isn't an element of personal responsibility absent in some groups of struggling African-Americans, but that's not the whole picture.  To say blacks should have blended in like all the other immigrant groups is laughable and really does show a lack of knowledge of the black experience in this country. 

This is coming from white man.  I was just saying, blacks have been here a long time and were mistreated a long time.  Black in England, France and other European countries seem to be doing fine.  Did the US help create a culture with the welfare system and hand outs and projects that creates a sense of entitlement?  Is it only blacks in America that are "oppressed".  Wasn't it the mayor of New Orleans that said its the white man's fault for all this?  My point is, fuck the excuses and stop blaming slavery.  My black friends don't want that crutch anymore.  They just want to be viewed as the same and treated as the same.  You guys crack me up.  Bust Ass, Adapt, and Overcome.  You guys are a bunch of whiney bitches some times.  I love the dialogue.  Most blacks would disagree with some of you white guys on how They feel.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2008, 06:14:22 PM »

Most blacks would disagree with some of you white guys on how They feel.

I love these kinds of arguments...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2008, 06:15:32 PM »

Most blacks would disagree with some of you white guys on how They feel.

I love these kinds of arguments...

It is retarded.  I agree.  Moving on.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: