Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:04:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown  (Read 43680 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »

Can one of the "non-haters", "non-crybabies", or "non-whiners" do me a favor here.  Can you please tell me what the hell we are supposed to talk about on this board right now and not be considered a hater, crybaby, or a whiner?  Seriously?  What is there to talk about with Guns N' Roses right now?

I don't know, but one thing I can tell you is, if I felt like coming to a board just for the sake of complaining, my life would be pretty shitty and I would be a sad person.

If it upset me like it upsets so many people, I would simply find something else to do taht doesn't hurt my feelings so bad.  crying smoking
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2007, 05:30:49 PM »

The story about this shutting down has now been picked up by YahooMusic.

This is not good.
Ugh. It's just a fan site. There are hundreds on the net, and many get closed down everyday. These guys had to do this little drama campaign and now are giving GN'R some bad press. Ridiculous.

Bad press? For GnR', bad press is a good thing. It's better than a fictional album called 'Chinese Democracy.'
Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2007, 05:31:53 PM »

This is not good.

maybe, after merck in december, next axl's letter will be "due to gnronline.it our tentative release date of march 6th will be delayed to christmas 2007".  hihi
EFISH
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2007, 05:32:28 PM »

This is not good.
Ugh. It's just a fan site. There are hundreds on the net, and many get closed down everyday. These guys had to do this little drama campaign and now are giving GN'R some bad press. Ridiculous.

It's better than a fictional album called 'Chinese Democracy.'
Oh you mean the one that the band is 100% finished recording and is now in the mixing stage?

It seems as if some of you WANT the album to not come out.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 05:27:27 PM
Can one of the "non-haters", "non-crybabies", or "non-whiners" do me a favor here. ?Can you please tell me what the hell we are supposed to talk about on this board right now and not be considered a hater, crybaby, or a whiner? ?Seriously? ?What is there to talk about with Guns N' Roses right now?

Nobody if forcing you to talk about Guns N' Roses now.

Dates from shows in Japan, and now South America are coming out, so you can talk about that. You can also post in the off-topic sections, or not post at all. Just because Guns N' Roses aren't active right now doesn't give an excuse to start complaining and such.

I realize this. ?I know I don't have to be here. ?I'm just wondering if there is anything about GNR right now that CAN be discussed? ?If the news is bad news, it sort of seems like it would make more sense for the people who DON'T want to hear it or discuss it to not be here. ?And what about upcoming shows is there to talk about?

"Wow...there are going to be shows in Japan and South America next month. ?I hope they are fun."
"Yeah. ?Me too."
"I can't wait."
"Me Either."
"GNR 4EVER"

P.S. ?Thank you for admitting that GNR is not active right now, though.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »

Can one of the "non-haters", "non-crybabies", or "non-whiners" do me a favor here.  Can you please tell me what the hell we are supposed to talk about on this board right now and not be considered a hater, crybaby, or a whiner?  Seriously?  What is there to talk about with Guns N' Roses right now?
Nobody if forcing you to talk about Guns N' Roses now.

Dates from shows in Japan, and now South America are coming out, so you can talk about that. You can also post in the off-topic sections, or not post at all. Just because Guns N' Roses aren't active right now doesn't give an excuse to start complaining and such.

you're right...we can talk about new dates. and I'll tell you more, I can tell you the complete setlist of that show. they'll play prostitute.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »

I don't know, but one thing I can tell you is, if I felt like coming to a board just for the sake of complaining, my life would be pretty shitty and I would be a sad person.

If it upset me like it upsets so many people, I would simply find something else to do taht doesn't hurt my feelings so bad.

Actually, I don't just come here to complain.  Most of the so-called haters don't.  We come here for the good times and the bad times.  Unfortunately, there hav'nt been nearly as many good times as there has bad times.

Sad, but true.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2007, 05:57:22 PM »

We just can't afford to waste our heads on a project that has never even taken us into consideration.

This alone makes me think these guys think they're owed something.

Maybe I don't understand what they're meaning, but that's how I interpret that sentence.

I'd also love it if somebody could explain what I've done:

We gladly leave that to other 'fan' sites and forums that have the will and passion to be fooled around one more time. It is also sad that the aforementioned websites and forums, most of whom claim to have direct links to the GNR camp, have built a wall between them and other sites like ours (as well every other fan out there), reluctant to even start collaborations from whom we all would have benefit from.

I know what I think of that statement, and I'm not gonna say anything, but if somebody could "translate" it I could at least see if my "theory" is right or wrong.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2007, 05:59:53 PM »

We gladly leave that to other 'fan' sites and forums that have the will and passion to be fooled around one more time. It is also sad that the aforementioned websites and forums, most of whom claim to have direct links to the GNR camp, have built a wall between them and other sites like ours (as well every other fan out there), reluctant to even start collaborations from whom we all would have benefit from.

I know what I think of that statement, and I'm not gonna say anything, but if somebody could "translate" it I could at least see if my "theory" is right or wrong.

/jarmo

almost like they feel they are owed some sort of direct contact with the GNR camp, its reeks of jealousy.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2007, 06:05:37 PM »

If it upset me like it upsets so many people, I would simply find something else to do taht doesn't hurt my feelings so bad.  crying smoking
seriously, you should get +1 karma for that. The karma system should give + points to those who make intelligent comments.  hihi

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2007, 06:05:57 PM »

its a bunch of crap.
those guys dont deserve any info.
only world wide forums deserve info.
such as htgth cd and mygnr.

local forums are just a waste of webspace.

if every local forum asked for info, the album would take another 15 years to make, since the band would be to bussy answering nerd inquiries.

just think if GNRAlbania did the same thing...
?!

where would it stop?!

enough with the crap, and move on.  Local forums  are there only to satisfy dictatorship ambitions of some cyber nerds... and since the "vacum" for the BIG forums has been filled, they are promoting "small" national forums.

What is GNR italy forum suposed to offer us more than some international forum? A different domain extension, and that's about it.

Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Since I am an owner of a local forum and site, the Greek one, I'll tell you a few things I've done to satisfy my dictatorship ambitions, as a cyber nerd that I am.

I brought Adler's Appetite to Greece in 2004.

I brought Tommy Stinson to Greece for 2 shows in 2004.

I brought Adler's Appetite to Greece again for 3 shows in 2005.

I arranged a meet & greet with Gilby Clarke and people from the fan club in 2 hours (when he came with MC5 to Greece) in 2005.

I brought Gilby Clarke to Greece for 3 shows in 2006.

No member of GNR had ever visited Greece on a solo tour, EVER.

Not to mention the countless parties I've organized and the thousands of free gifts I've paid for (t-shirts, lighters, lanyards, fridge magnets etc, etc...)

GN'R were announced only 2 weeks before their show in Greece. No TV spots, and the promotion of the concert wasn't THAT good. Lots of GNR fans would have never known if it wasn't for Gunsnroses.gr... I'm not saying that I'm responsible for 18.000 people that attended the show, but seeing more than 600-700 people with a Gunsnroses.gr tshirt there, it was enough to satisfy my dictatorship ambitions...

We just can't afford to waste our heads on a project that has never even taken us into consideration.

This alone makes me think these guys think they're owed something.

Maybe I don't understand what they're meaning, but that's how I interpret that sentence.

I'd also love it if somebody could explain what I've done:

/jarmo

I'll say it.

I think it's pretty obvious that they want inside info, directly from the band, and it hurts them that htgth gets it first. Which is sad.

They should be happy that a fan site gets recognition and the band speaks through it.

It means that the band cares for the fans.

But some people want everything. And in the end they get nothing.

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2007, 06:08:27 PM »

absolutely not. they only think that it should be a mutual sense of help in the fans community worldwide. it's not about GNR camp, it's about fans, I guess.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »

I saw GN'R 18 times last year. I looked around me at all shows, I didn't see the crowd looking bored.

/jarmo

I'm with you on this one. If there's 12,000 people in the room, maybe two or three are rolling their eyes when they open with Jungle or close with PC. At least half the audience (including me) waited their whole lives to see Axl perform. He's aware. It's called "pulling no punches and hooking the audience" with what works.

People really need to get over that. What do they want, "Shotgun Blues" instead of "My Michelle"?

Besides, its a 2+ hour show! Dude could always just play an 80 minute hits set, say "thank you goodnight" and leave.

Why on earth would he play more CD songs if he has no idea when its coming out? What a great idea, leak the whole damn thing before its out. I think he'd like to avoid shooting himself in the foot as much as possible from now on...

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2007, 06:09:59 PM »

absolutely not. they only think that it should be a mutual sense of help in the fans community worldwide. it's not about GNR camp, it's about fans, I guess.

What do you mean with "mutual sense of help"?

I really need to understand that...

Cause all I see from their last "press release" and this one is an attack on htgth...

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2007, 06:14:39 PM »

Cause all I see from their last "press release" and this one is an attack on htgth...

well, I not decided to protest, and I not wrote the statement, then I can only guess (maybe you should write to them if you want clear up)

I guess they think that if some fans got some info they'd should share it with the whole community.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2007, 06:15:22 PM »

So it's not that they want GN'R to tell them information directly without them having to visit other sites such as gunsnroses.com?

And what exactly did I do that excluded these people and built walls between us?

I'm sorry, I don't speak Italian so it's hard for me to communicate with some of them.

We don't have that many members here from places like Italy, Japan, South America etc. GN'R seems to be pretty popular in those countries.

There's that language barrier but I can't really do much about that.

well, I not decided to protest, and I not wrote the statement, then I can only guess (maybe you should write to them if you want clear up)

I guess they think that if some fans got some info they'd should share it with the whole community.

You're free to post the info provided here anywhere.

All I ask for is that you copy and paste it just like it was posted here and make sure people understand where it came from.

I've seen people getting suspicious of posts on forums because there's no way to check where the info comes from.

Or do these guys expect people like Mysteron (who might not speak Italian) to visit the Italian forum and post there too?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:18:15 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2007, 06:15:54 PM »

Some looked tired, but that's understandable when you're used to be in bed by the time GN'R hit the stage.

/jarmo

I think it's standing in line, waiting in the arena, etc, etc, that makes people look tiered. I was getting bashed in the front row 3 hours before the band came on stage... didnt get a drop of water. I think I've earned my right to moan once in a while. peace

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2007, 06:19:04 PM »

Whatever info htgth gets, they're shared with the community. Should we email all sites with the info as well? Is it THAT difficult to check the first page of the site on a regular basis?

I still don't get the whole protest.

But anyway, it's not like I really care. Each and every one of us is responsible for his/her own actions.

If I had 3000 registered users on my forum I wouldn't use it as a way to force the band into giving me info.

It's fuckin lame.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2007, 06:20:31 PM »

One more thing. This is an open board which means anybody can come here and read it. You don't even need to register to read the posts here.

Unless you were registered and got banned.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »

i agree with christos, trying to force the band to release info is very lame.  confused

Just let things happen when they happen, because they will when the time is right.   Its not Axl's responsiblity to hold your hand in the meantime.   He said himself in that letter, if you can hang on, great.. if not, its understandable.   The band has booked dates, so they are clearly still active and not just fading away.   Although I have a feeling some of you would rather Axl just go back to his mansion in Malibu and retire forever.  And I wouldn't blame him one bit for doing that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: