Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:05:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Velvet Revolver make a second album
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Velvet Revolver make a second album  (Read 19478 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2004, 12:54:48 PM »

Remember dude they're in YOUR cd player because YOU like them ,I just don't feel the same way..
Bingo...and when I dont liek songs from groups I dont go to their fans sites and say you know what it sux or I cant get into it. Im pretty sure fans of bands could careless of what I thnk.

I said I can't understand the masterpiece level people putt hem in,
I never said they were masterpieces. Except maybe maddy. They are great rock songs. Plus you are comparing sonsg taht wont even be singles to masterpieces. Thats like me taking dirty little thing and comparing it with wttj or something.

it's not weird to take new material from gnr and posibly compare it to some of the older stuff then rate it..
Absolutely not. And Ill be doing the same thing when CD comes out. Its only normal to see where the new material stands in regard to the old.
But when you compare I have a funny feeling your 2 answers will be...A} the new songs sound too much like the old and or 2} the new songs are nothing like old gnr and do not represent old gnr....

SO in reality gnr will nbever win with people like you. I could careless as long as I and the fans like it...its all gravy...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2004, 12:57:47 PM »

I mean I hear robbie williams is huge, yet he never is heard of here, oasis I hear is massive, but they had their very brief two song stint in the states in the usa around 96..
Thats why they will never be an elite group.  ok
STP's debut core sold like hotcakes, platinum nine times, they were very big here, they don't have lgenerdry fame like the others mentioned but they had big fame in their native land..
They were big but not as big as your making them out to be. They didnt blow up like gnr did here in the state let alone the world. They are a great rock band but they are not in the elite section....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2004, 12:59:33 PM »

Does being big in only some coutries mean that?? I mean I hear robbie williams is huge, yet he never is heard of here, oasis I hear is massive, but they had their very brief two song stint in the states in the usa around 96..

STP's debut core sold like hotcakes, platinum nine times, they were very big here, they don't have lgenerdry fame like the others mentioned but they had big fame in their native land..

Exactly. STP are to you what Robbie Williams and Oasis are over here. Huge bands, but not globally huge bands. GN'R were huge all over the globe!

They sold out stadiums in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia.... STP never did, so you can try to make it seem like they were this huge rock band all you want, the fact still is, they were not.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2004, 01:05:37 PM »

Bingo...and when I dont liek songs from groups I dont go to their fans sites and say you know what it sux or I cant get into it. Im pretty sure fans of bands could careless of what I thnk.
But you will still find a way to argue in this section Cheesy I am a gnr fan, I have been since day one, I just am not crazy about the new material, never said it's the worst ever, just not the better of the gnr catalog..

But when you compare I have a funny feeling your 2 answers will be...A} the new songs sound too much like the old and or 2} the new songs are nothing like old gnr and do not represent old gnr....
If the new songs sound alot like the old I would be very happy being I really like the old stuff.. Of course I feel there is a certain standard that gnr fans have come to lvoe when it comes to music.. You can't be gnr and be a rock group with influences like aerosmith, hanoi rock ,zepplin or whoever else then bust out a record because you decided NIN's and Korn is your new insperation..

When kiss busted out with a diso tune/album do you think their hard core fans just loved it?

When a ?group is known for certain music you have to keep it in certain boundries to keep your current fans interested.. No matter how big a bnad gets they always keep tehir concerts filled with their bread n butter old tunes because that's what people want..
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2004, 01:06:57 PM »

Yeah, it would only be important IF they had been popular over here. ?hihi

Its always secondary.

The Stones, GN'R, Metallica, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana etc have all one thing in common, they are/were popular worldwide. STP wasn't. They're not the big rock band some of you seem to think.

In America, they were. ?And at the risk of sounding arrogant, that matters more than their success in Europe. ?Of course, it wouldve been great if they were bigger outside of the US, but its always secondary, and youll never see me imply otherwise.

Answer me this question. Did STP get nearly as big as GNR yes or no. Gnr hit it big. Thats getting to elite legendary status

No. ?But STP was still one of the best-selling bands of the 90s, and I dont recall claiming they were "legendary, elite." ?The reasons being 1. Its irrelevant to the original discussion and 2. They were critically loathed, which like I said, is a shame.

So because I dont think Scott is on Axls level that means Im knocking him?

When you start out saying "Im not about makin this a VR/GNR thing, its fuckin music" and follow it with "But Ill be willing ot bet the lyrical content and Vocals on Cd will blow Scott away. If you wanna crown Scott because hes active go ahead but when its all said and done hes not going to make the 2nd round of the fight," youre clearly contradictory and disingenuous.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2004, 01:15:31 PM »

bust out a record because you decided NIN's and Korn is your new insperation
Maddy,CD and the blues are NIN/Korn ripoffs? OMG/sw/and rhiad ripoffs? Or you just dont liek it because its not AFD? GNr whether it was with the old guys or new guys were not going to go back to AFD style. Even if the old guys stayed the sound of gnr would have moved foward...

No matter how big a bnad gets they always keep tehir concerts filled with their bread n butter old tunes because that's what people want..
those are for the bands that have no balls and who have not made any good new music and must resort to their classics.

Its always secondary.
Says who? Booker? Get off your high horse dude

And at the risk of sounding arrogant, that matters more than their success in Europe.  Of course, it wouldve been great if they were bigger outside of the US,
Again, They have their place in rock history but they are not in the elite level. In order to be in the elite level you have to be regarded as a global band not just making it big in america or england.

When you start out saying "Im not about makin this a VR/GNR thing, its fuckin music" and follow it with "But Ill be willing ot bet the lyrical content and Vocals on Cd will blow Scott away. If you wanna crown Scott because hes active go ahead but when its all said and done hes not going to make the 2nd round of the fight," youre clearly contradictory and disingenuous.
no, because im not bashing vr/scott for what they are. They are what they are. Scott is what he is. But when some1 says he is on the same level of Axl I have to bring him back to the real world...

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2004, 01:23:10 PM »

Says who? Booker? Get off your high horse dude

Its common sense.

no, because im not bashing vr/scott for what they are. They are what they are. Scott is what he is. But when some1 says he is on the same level of Axl I have to bring him back to the real world...

Right...so your first post was disingenuous.  Dont say youre not making it a Scott/VR thing and then say "Axl will blow him away, he wont even make it to the fight."  Its contradictory.

As a guy whos basing conclusions on speculation, and imagination, youre hardly bringing anybody to the real world.  I didnt say Scott was more famous, or sold more records than Axl.  But at the present time, I think hes just as good a performer. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2004, 01:47:59 PM »

Maddy,CD and the blues are NIN/Korn ripoffs? OMG/sw/and rhiad ripoffs? Or you just dont liek it because its not AFD? GNr whether it was with the old guys or new guys were not going to go back to AFD style. Even if the old guys stayed the sound of gnr would have moved foward...

No one said they were rip offs of korn or nin, I do hear the indus sound though in some songs.. You mentioned me saying they might sound like the old songs and that would bother me, and I said I wouldn't mind that because I like the old stuff.. I just keep hearing how axl needs to progress and advance, which to a point worries me because based on some of those songs I see him moving away from the rock influences he had before..
To me songs like silkworms and oh my god drift away from guns and not for the better..

It doesn't matter anyways, when the album comes out then we'll see what is there.

I wonder where one can advance from such a diverse album as the illusions..

Just mix afd with the illusions and you can never go wrong.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2004, 02:38:46 PM »

You can't be gnr and be a rock group with influences like aerosmith, hanoi rock ,zepplin or whoever else then bust out a record because you decided NIN's and Korn is your new insperation..
No one said they were rip offs of korn or nin, I do hear the indus sound though in some songs.
Which on is it?

I hear punk,elton john and a lot of other things in old gnr sound. DOes that mean they were ripping off?

Just mix afd with the illusions and you can never go wrong
gnr never played by the rules or concerned themselves with the safe way to go. They have and always will play th emusic they wanna play. Whether you can handle other influence soutside of the stones,punk,acdc etc is up to you. But just because there will be elements of other style sof music doesnt mean its that type of music. Why cant gnr mix other kinds of music into their sound just like they did with afd and the illusions? Why always stick with 1 formula.

Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2004, 02:56:26 PM »

Do you think they will record and release a new album? I sure hope the Sorum/Weiland feud doesn't ruin the band.

what Sorum/ Weiland feud? this is news to me. Kick Matt Sorum the fuck out.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2004, 04:33:37 PM »

You can't be gnr and be a rock group with influences like aerosmith, hanoi rock ,zepplin or whoever else then bust out a record because you decided NIN's and Korn is your new insperation..
No one said they were rip offs of korn or nin, I do hear the indus sound though in some songs.
Which on is it?

I hear punk,elton john and a lot of other things in old gnr sound. DOes that mean they were ripping off?

Just mix afd with the illusions and you can never go wrong
gnr never played by the rules or concerned themselves with the safe way to go. They have and always will play th emusic they wanna play. Whether you can handle other influence soutside of the stones,punk,acdc etc is up to you. But just because there will be elements of other style sof music doesnt mean its that type of music. Why cant gnr mix other kinds of music into their sound just like they did with afd and the illusions? Why always stick with 1 formula.

god you're thick ,I never said they ripped nyone off

If the new songs sound alot like the old I would be very happy being I really like the old stuff.. Of course I feel there is a certain standard that gnr fans have come to love when it comes to music.. You can't be gnr and be a rock group with influences like aerosmith, hanoi rock ,zepplin or whoever else then bust out a record because you decided NIN's and Korn is your new insperation..

I said how I liked the old stuff in reply to the way you said I would respond.. Option (A) I said I liked gnr because of who their music was influenced by, they kept it pure rock n roll, so I was saying since they have n established fan base n music it would suck if he decided to have  music influenced by these lesser rap rock, industrial bands...

You know aersomith is blues based  rock, if they started singing/sounding like nin's the fan base wouldn't be so pleased..

Everytime you evolve or advance doesn't mean you're doing something better, you could be messing up, something I think axl might have felt being he changed songs he had already done..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2004, 06:00:27 PM »

I never said they ripped nyone off
then what does
then bust out a record because you decided NIN's and Korn is your new insperation..
mean?

Everytime you evolve or advance doesn't mean you're doing something better,..
No kidding but that doesnt mean its bad either. GNR evolved/advanced from AFD to the Illusions. Were you saying anything then?

you could be messing up, something I think axl might have felt being he changed songs he had already done
Huh...changed songs? What the hell are you talking baout? What new gnr songs have changed drastically? Althought they tweaked a few things here and there, there were no drastic changes in the songs.

Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2004, 06:21:48 PM »

WHAT SORUM/ WEILAND FEUD?
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2004, 06:41:19 PM »

the last couple of posts in this thread are just said. funny as hell but sad at the same time
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2004, 09:27:58 PM »

I hope Sorum is more involved writing the next album.  Sorum wrote much of Set Me Free, which is really a good song. He knows how to write something thats modern without sounding like Industrial/Nu Metal. Many others dont.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2004, 02:05:17 PM »

I have listened to Contraband almost everyday since it has been released.  Definately a solid debut album.  I think their next album will be even better.  Wouldn't it be great if they took 6 years to release their next album?  A lot of people on this board prefer Rock N' Roll that never surfaces.   

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2004, 10:55:28 AM »

guess this answers the topic's question

Velvet Revolver's power ballad, "Fall to Pieces," a nod to Weiland's struggles, is No. 1 on Billboard's rock singles chart, but the band will leave its home success behind in January for a tour of Japan and Australia and return for U.S. arena dates in March. McKagan says all of the members are prolific writers, and with a multi-album deal in its pocket, the band already is working on another release.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2004, 11:31:29 AM »

Velvet Revolver's power ballad, "Fall to Pieces," a nod to Weiland's struggles, is No. 1 on Billboard's rock singles chart, but the band will leave its home success behind in January for a tour of Japan and Australia and return for U.S. arena dates in March. McKagan says all of the members are prolific writers, and with a multi-album deal in its pocket, the band already is working on another release.

ok

Although, theyve been working on new material in some fashion for a few months now.  I just wonder how far along they are...Any way you look at it, its good to hear.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2004, 11:52:21 AM »

ok

Although, theyve been working on new material in some fashion for a few months now.? I just wonder how far along they are...Any way you look at it, its good to hear.

As you said and I agree regardless it's all good.. I mean it must be tough to focus alot on writing because they are very busy,(constant touring) been since may.. Maybe they have some beats/riffs written from the long time tehy waited for a singer, and just have to add lyrics together..?

Either way it's cool that even so little after their first release they are already working on a second..
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2004, 04:40:02 PM »

We should start taking bets on whether VR's next album will come out before Chinese Democracy...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: