Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show  (Read 30967 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 06:15:31 PM »

ps: and the commercials !!! god, ive been here for 2 weeks im already sick of them Smiley

You don't have to be in the US to watch the Daily Show. You can get a high res' version of it right after the show, or the day after, on several torrent sites. Oh, and of course they're commercial free. Smiley

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 06:17:09 PM »

Stewart is funny as hell, even if you don't agree with him.

But Stewart is a comedian, O'Reilly is a journalist. Difference.

Donahue was practicly foaming at the mouth, he made no sense. He just went on the attack without backing himself up, he looked silly. O'Reilly got heated too, but at least there was some logic involved with his reasoning.

Nobody was trying to paint Stewart as journalist. But rather saying that OR was no match for his quick wit. Also, I would not consider OR a journalist. Tabloid at best. OR talks about the news...he gives opinions and then brings other people on to talk about it. He does not report the news.

And give me an idea of how Donahue was "foaming at the mouth". Not once did he raise his voice, while OR was yelling and threatened to boot him off the show. Donahue made the same points he always has: People on both sides were to blame for the war, that is was a screwup, that Sheehan had the right to protest etc etc. Hardly foaming at the mouth.

OR on the other hand, insuiated that Donahue was attacking his nephew (which he was not) yelled at Donahue, and called names. Much like Charity Case or Pops. Nothing really new for him.

Maybe we weren't watching the same interview. Donahue was pretty much yelling at O'Reilly.

I never said Stewart reports the news, just making light he is a comedian, not a journalist. Therefore he does not report the news, I agree with you there.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 06:24:43 PM »

Maybe we weren't watching the same interview. Donahue was pretty much yelling at O'Reilly.

I never said Stewart reports the news, just making light he is a comedian, not a journalist.

There is only one interview that I was aware of, maybe there is another meeting.

What I saw was a man who asked the same questions as he always had and another man who yelled and acted like an ass.

I know you didn't say he reports the news. But you did make sure to point out the difference. People just don't do that for no reason.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 06:40:28 PM »

The Donahue interview I watched is the one where O Reilly told him that his nephew just enlisted into the army and O Reilly told Donahue that he was gonna boot him off the set.

To me O Reilly OWNED Donahue on that show.

I do have an O Reilly biased though, so really there is no right or wrong here.

the liberals will believe Donahue or Stewart won

the Conservatives or middle of the roads like myself will more than likely side with O Reilly

Of course I also Love Bill Maher and I do like Jon stewart and I love how he gave it to that CNN goofball that time.

I havent watched the O Reilly/Stewart battle so I cant comment however I feel O Reilly knocked out Donahue.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 06:43:56 PM »

The Donahue interview I watched is the one where O Reilly told him that his nephew just enlisted into the army and O Reilly told Donahue that he was gonna boot him off the set.

Define owned?

By changing the subject?

Trying to appeal to the audience that Donahue was attacking his nephew's honor? (which he was not)

By yelling at his guest?

By threatening to boot him off the show?

By avoiding the subject at hand and making "in the future" predictions and claims?

If that is what you mean by "owned" then sure...OR won. But a debate is not supposed to be similar to a wrestling match.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 06:46:54 PM »

someone please point out an example of bill o'reilly "trash talk" a guest. i never see it, although i do not watch regularly. and he always gives his guests the last word.

in fact, when he had rosie o'donnell on there, he pracatically kissed her ass.

Um, you can actually see an example of it when you look at the links I provided as amusement.

When Stewart showed up on O'Reilly Factor, he called Daily Show watchers something like "a bunch of stoned slackers".  Sounds like trash talk to me....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 06:48:45 PM »

Edit:

Never mind..Skeba asked us to bring it back on topic...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 07:10:42 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 07:57:44 PM »

Back to the matter at hand... thank you.

I think it was nice to see him on the Daily Show. Though I do think they could've actually talked longer. Every time they were heading toward an argument. O'Reilly started to raise his voice a bit, and it was cut short. Or at least that's what it seemed to me. He did come out as a very strange man with very strange views though.

It was way too short I thought.
POPmetal
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 08:51:11 PM »

Oh....man I must check my tivo.

Donahue just recently tore O'reilly a new one too. OR was fuming by the end of it.

Edit: Just watched it.

Best quote:

"I do add insult to injury" says Stewart.

"An honest man" says OR

"But you add injury."? ?hihi

The guy is too funny.

U guys are so biased

O Reilly crushed Donahue

I havent seen the Stewart episode but U all are really bias if u think Donahue did in O Reilly.

O Reilly made Donahue look like a clown.

I don't watch much TV and I don't watch OR in general, but I saw the clip of this online and I agree. Donahue basically self-destructed by supporting the guy who blamed Bush for 9/11.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 10:00:51 PM »

I don't watch much TV and I don't watch OR in general, but I saw the clip of this online and I agree. Donahue basically self-destructed by supporting the guy who blamed Bush for 9/11.

Of course, more lies.

Donahue told OR that he was not going to be pushed around like Glick.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 10:04:05 PM »

someone please point out an example of bill o'reilly "trash talk" a guest. i never see it, although i do not watch regularly. and he always gives his guests the last word.

in fact, when he had rosie o'donnell on there, he pracatically kissed her ass.

Um, you can actually see an example of it when you look at the links I provided as amusement.

When Stewart showed up on O'Reilly Factor, he called Daily Show watchers something like "a bunch of stoned slackers".? Sounds like trash talk to me....

yes, but i asked for an example of when he trash talked a guest. your example is from him appearing on someone else's show.

and that propaganda slc posted conveniently slices second-long clips together to avoid providing proper perspective. in fact, the "shut up" clip was used by david letterman to make him look bad. (it was hilarious). but the actual quote was from o'reilly quoting someone else (he said something like, "they are telling us - 'just shut up'".

so if anyone has a TRUE example, please let me know. i'm not even looking for a link, i'll take anybody's word if they remember a specific example. i'm sure his critics on the left can point out many.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 10:16:20 PM »

The instance they are talkin bout Sandman is when a guy was on there and tried to say Bush was responsible for 9/11 or something and O Reilly told the guy to shut up or he was gonna boot him off the show.

O Reilly interrupts guest that are tryin to spin or lie or mislead.

Donahue looked like a fool when O Reilly was finished with him. I dont remember the logistics of the entire conversation but I remember watching it thinking *Donahue looks like a dumbass*

Someone emailed O reilly tonight and told him that he destroyed Stewart on the Daily Show.

O reilly said he didnt and that he and Jon have a great give and take debate everytime.

SLC let me ask u this, do u support the Dallas morning news and what they said about O Reilly causing 6 Mexicans to get killed in Georgia?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 10:18:29 PM »

didn't Donahuehave a talk show like Opra?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 10:19:39 PM »

didn't Donahuehave a talk show like Opra?

He is the grand daddy of talk shows.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2005, 10:22:18 PM »

and that propaganda slc posted conveniently slices second-long clips together to avoid providing proper perspective. in fact, the "shut up" clip was used by david letterman to make him look bad. (it was hilarious). but the actual quote was from o'reilly quoting someone else (he said something like, "they are telling us - 'just shut up'".

It's not propaganda. It's OR saying he never says shut up, then OR telling everybody to shut up.  hihi He never said "I never tell anybody to shutup under these circumstances only."

What evidence do you want? Watch his show...he does it all the time.

Watch the clip with Glick, he tells him to shut up a couple of times. He threatens to kick him off the show. Watch the clip with Phil, he threatened to kick him off the show.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2005, 10:24:26 PM »

The instance they are talkin bout Sandman is when a guy was on there and tried to say Bush was responsible for 9/11 or something and O Reilly told the guy to shut up or he was gonna boot him off the show.

Donahue looked like a fool when O Reilly was finished with him. I dont remember the logistics of the entire conversation but I remember watching it thinking *Donahue looks like a dumbass*

Someone emailed O reilly tonight and told him that he destroyed Stewart on the Daily Show.

O reilly said he didnt and that he and Jon have a great give and take debate everytime.

SLC let me ask u this, do u support the Dallas morning news and what they said about O Reilly causing 6 Mexicans to get killed in Georgia?

gotcha. so basically he interrupts people that are telling lies, or giving radical statements with no facts. i would expect ALL hosts to act that way.

donahue took a cheap shot at o'reilly's family. bill's cousin or nephew signed up for iraq, and phil made light of it. (typical radical disrespecting the troops.) o'reilly took offense and let phil know.

also, phil was purposely disrespecting him by calling him "billy". basically acting like a 4-year-old on national tv. if his arguments were strong and intelligent, he wouldn't resort to these measures.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2005, 10:27:55 PM »

It's not propaganda. It's OR saying he never says shut up, then OR telling everybody to shut up.? hihi He never said "I never tell anybody to shutup under these circumstances only."

What evidence do you want? Watch his show...he does it all the time.

Watch the clip with Glick, he tells him to shut up a couple of times. He threatens to kick him off the show. Watch the clip with Phil, he threatened to kick him off the show.

glick accuses bush of orchestrating 9/11, and as i've pointed out, phil disrespected bill's family. i would expect anyone to step up and let their guests know that's not acceptable.

by the way, OR has been on for 9 years. and he's dominated the ratings for years. he's doing something right. and they say he's just like stern.....those who hate him watch him the most.  hihi

SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2005, 10:37:10 PM »

Or when he is wrong, or when he does not like what he hears.

O R interupts people who have opinions. What that kid felt (after his father died on 9-11) is what he said. He said that the American government trained AQ and is who eventually attacked us on 9-11. Nowhere did he claim that Bush was behind 9-11.
"
Our current president now inherited a legacy from his father and inherited a political legacy that's responsible for training militarily, economically, and situating geopolitically the parties involved in the alleged assassination and the murder of my father and countless of thousands of others.
"

Both you guys claim Phil and Glick claimed Bush was responsible for 9-11. Both NOT TRUE.

What is true is that we set up and create these monsters in the middle east to suit our needs Osama, and Saddam included. And now one has attacked us while the other continued to be a dictator.

Know your shit before you type.

And Phil did not disrespect OR family, another lie. During the interview OR blurted that out to appear as such:

O'REILLY (very angry, pointing): My nephew just enlisted in the Army. You don't know what the hell you're talkin' about!!!

DONAHUE: Very good. Very good. Congratulations! You should be proud ..

O'REILLY (starts to lose it, shouting, pointing finger, hand shaking): And he's a patriot, so don't denigrate his service or I'll boot you right off the set!!!

DONAHUE: I'm not ... I'm not ...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 10:42:49 PM by (+ 1 Hidden) » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 11:06:15 PM »

Define owned?

By changing the subject?

Trying to appeal to the audience that Donahue was attacking his nephew's honor? (which he was not)

By yelling at his guest?

By threatening to boot him off the show?

By avoiding the subject at hand and making "in the future" predictions and claims?

If that is what you mean by "owned" then sure...OR won. But a debate is not supposed to be similar to a wrestling match.
I heard it to, it wasn't even close.  Anyone that thought Donahue handed it to Oreilly obviously heard just what they wanted to hear. 
RichardNixon
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2005, 11:13:23 PM »

The exchange between O?Reilly and Stewart was friendly, but their was some underling tension. Stewart didn?t even have to say anything really, because O?Reilly made such an ass of himself on his own. Saying things like ?you have some Frenchie on after me? referring to Colbert. And saying Stewert ?buys into leftist propaganda,? to which Stewart just chuckled. The audience was polite, but did applaud when O?Reilly said he may go into retirement, to which Stewart told his audience to stop. ?

O?Reilly also said he is still boycotting the French, because they didn?t support us in the invasion of Iraq and, after all, we saved them in WWII. Someone should tell O?Reilly (1) China, Russia and Germany also opposed the war and (2) no WMD were ever found.

O?Reilly is like a modern day Joe McCarthy, but without political power. He just pulls baseless statements out of his ass that are, often untrue. It?s really really sad that a scumbag like that can reach millions of people everyday that eat up everything he says
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 11:16:36 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: