Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:00:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl  (Read 39441 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 02:45:07 PM »

Yeah, Slash n the boys made a great decision. thanks god.

I think this Chris guy is just telling his experience humorously.

Disco,  Have you ever heard of Ari Up for instance?
what's in a name? Besides, someone like me doesn't learn those names peasy.
Likewise, Not everyone has a photographic memory. I guess Axl's just scrupulous just in case.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 03:17:14 PM »

It's widely thought/known Axl's ego/eccentricities had run amok by then, the whole era just strikes me as silly now...

Sounds like Chris was looking back in amusement as well..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 03:37:19 PM »

Axl is a rock god but you have to admit some of his outfits are ridiculous. A Fur Coat with hotpants and high-tops? LOL. 
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 03:53:07 PM »

"Hot pants...look at all those hot pants."  -sorry, whenever I hear hot pants, I think of Chief Clancy Wiggham's quote  from The Simpsons.   rofl

That article was great...Axl kicks ass.  peace  A real fucking rock star.   Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 04:14:21 PM »

I cant believe it that there's people here who have never heard of Soundgarden. HELLO!!! They're one of the biggest bands of the 90's!! Were you asleep that decade? Go buy Louder than Love, Badmotorfinger, and Superunknown. You'll thank me for it!!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 04:18:04 PM »

I never was into that grunge movement so all this wave ala nirvana, pearl jam, soundgarden, alice in chains etc...never really interested me.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 04:21:46 PM »

You shouldn't pigeonhole Soundgarden in with those other grunge bands. I know they came from Seattle, and came out around the same time as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc., but they had so much more to offer. So dont label them. Listen to it, you'll enjoy it.

chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 05:25:59 PM »

Thanks for posting that Gypsy

The teleprompter thing is normal I know Korn uses them and I am sure many other bands do too.

As for the not allowed to be in the hall while Axl was walking from the stage to the fressing room that is understandable too maybe Axl didn't want to get side tracked and lose focus from the show. So maybe he had this rule so he wouldn't stop and start a conversation.and lose sight of the task at hand
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 05:44:15 PM »

Thanks Gypsy.

Axls wierd. What goes on in his head to makes these rules, i dunno. When did this interview take place?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 05:53:52 PM »

I wish I could have went and seen that tour. I seen GNR when Skid Row was the opener. I bet the Soundgarden/GNR tour was the only time in GNR history that GNR had a little difficulty in blowing the other band off the stage. But as great as Soundgarden was, there is yet to be a band that could blow early 90's GNR off the stage!

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 06:31:13 PM »

Oh! The irony is killing me here. I don't think someone realized this article is the classic seattle frontman slagging off on axl. He was just being nice in telling how lame axl had become by that point.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2005, 06:42:38 PM »

the outfits he wore around that time was hilarious...but as mentioned before here, he still did a great job on stage!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2005, 06:54:57 PM »

If anyone has ever watched a GNR show, u would know that it isnt like Axl sits and reads the prompter while singing

it is basically a crutch just in case he goes blank but I have never seen him sit for a whole show and Eyeball the lyrics

I know he did some when they played "Coma" but that song has no structure so its more difficult.

the teleprompter thing is blown way out of proportion.

I never got into Soundgarden

Chris Cornell is kind of like Sebastian Bach to me

amazing world class vocalist but just not enough substance to keep my attention.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 06:56:51 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2005, 07:05:30 PM »

although Axls antics and style were taken as over the top, etc thats whats missing in todays rock. Where is the over the top lead singer. Where is that crazy, "out there" lead singer today who makes u either love him or hate him.....its gone. the cool peopel shot it down during the grunge era...and now its completely gone...

whether it rubs you the worng way or not, thats what rock is all about. the glam, the bigness of something. Yet at the same time being raw and unpredictable and having the balls to do whatever the fuk u want. Its completely gone nowadays. ANd its ashame to see great vocalists like cornell mock it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2005, 07:38:30 PM »

I think it wasn't bad for Axl taking 100% sure that everything goes well and every single word goes how it should go. It could be a little bit silly but when he was on stage, he was professional so what's the harm? The guy gave many awesome shows with that damn teleprompter..? Grin

ok
I agree.  As others have pointed out also, It's not like Axl ever gave a show standing in front of the teleprompter reading off the lyrics as he sang standing in one place.   Roll Eyes

As for the not allowed to be in the hall while Axl was walking from the stage to the fressing room that is understandable too maybe Axl didn't want to get side tracked and lose focus from the show. So maybe he had this rule so he wouldn't stop and start a conversation.and lose sight of the task at hand

I was thinking along those lines also.  Whatever it takes for him... whatever he needs/needed before performing - yeah, so what?  If YOU were Axl you would probably not want to have an any unnecessary / avoidable opportunities for things to go wrong.  Perhaps in fulfilling a need to become focused before a performance, he wants to avoid, as much as possible, anything that could excited or aggravate him. 
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2005, 08:43:49 PM »

Badmotorfinger is a great album, probably Soundgarden's best. Like others have said, do yourself a favor and listen to it. Definately in my top 5. ok

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2005, 09:20:20 PM »

Axl fucked up the lyrics multiple times, I think Patience has the all time record.
He didnt use the damn telemprompters thats for sure.  peace
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2005, 09:21:17 PM »

When did this interview take place?
This wasn't really an "interview" ... it's one of those things where fans write in questions and they get the artist to answer them ... like their website now says "Dear Superstar - Send your questions now for George Clinton, and look for the answers in an upcoming issue." ... so I guess however long it takes them to get 25 questions for someone is how long it takes them to put it in the mag?

There's 24 other questions posted for this Chris Cornell guy.? I only posted the GNR/Axl one.?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2005, 09:32:02 PM »

Would you mention who else toured with GNR ?
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2005, 09:52:59 PM »

When did this interview take place?
This wasn't really an "interview" ... it's one of those things where fans write in questions and they get the artist to answer them ... like their website now says "Dear Superstar - Send your questions now for George Clinton, and look for the answers in an upcoming issue." ... so I guess however long it takes them to get 25 questions for someone is how long it takes them to put it in the mag?

There's 24 other questions posted for this Chris Cornell guy.? I only posted the GNR/Axl one.?

thanks again, Gypsy.  ok

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: