Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 327542 times)
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2004, 04:56:46 PM »

Whatever year the VMA's were- This was the first time I really saw GN'R. I saw Axl and was blown away. Here was this ridiculously cool geezer absolutely wailing like I'd never seen before (previous experience Papa Roach etc Roll Eyes)

So I investigated. I bought AFD & UYI I. The second most important Guns moment. That was it man, rock n roll was born for me. It was no longer a piece of history, it lived and breathed and cursed and sweat and carried me away right in my own room. It was amazing. It took my guitar playing to a whole new level too, away went the Drop-D power chords and in came pentatonic scales, solos and the blues. Which lead me to early rock n' roll, followed by the blues, right back to Robert Johnson.

Then came November Rain. Through a 28.8k internet connection, I sat for about 11 hours and downloaded the whole video. Probably one of the most worthwhile thing I've ever done. It blew me away even more than the albums.

There we go. That about rounds it up.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Aunt Ger
Rocker

"Hello there, Oliver Pubee"

« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2004, 06:03:53 PM »

Hi Jarmo..........and everyone!! I just had to stop by and say Hello.........Hope all is well with everybody here on the forum.  beer

Aunt Ger
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2004, 08:27:55 PM »

Hi Jarmo..........and everyone!! I just had to stop by and say Hello.........Hope all is well with everybody here on the forum.  beer

Aunt Ger

Hey Aunt Ger!

Any news to report from the GN'R camp?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Aunt Ger
Rocker

"Hello there, Oliver Pubee"

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2004, 09:30:30 PM »

Naaaaahhhhhhh nothing to report. I did hear about Billy Kelly from TypeO'Negative passing away yesterday. Happenin' Harry sent me an email. I just saw him and was in his company last Friday night on the 30th of January when Harry and Dizzy came to Leo's Bar and Grill in Romeoville to do a gig. Billy flew in from New York and Harry introduced him to us. Sad.....he was only 29 I guess. So many friends of Harry's and Dizzy that have left this world lately. I'm just a bit depressed at the moment and wish everyone that knew Billy my deepest condolences.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2004, 11:06:32 PM »

29?  That's really sad, that's so young!
What did he pass away from?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2004, 01:40:24 PM »

OK, first post (besides the intro) so I'll make it a good un.

GNR Highlights:

Past

1. Appetite. That album helped me through difficult times. Taught me to play the drums and since then has provided endless 'rock concerts' and fun.

2. Can't remember the precise date (maybe 88 or 89), but the BBC ran a series of programmes called 'Heavy Metal Heaven', years and years ago. One of the programmes was Guns and Roses 'Live at the Ritz'. OLD SCHOOL, they played most of the Appetite songs. I still have the video. Its fucking awesome, a genuine masterpiece. Forget the Use Your Illusion DVD's this is the video they should have released! (P.S. If anyone knows how to convert VHS into CDROM or DVD format I'd love to know how)

3. Axl actually turning up to the Leeds gig two years ago. Hearing Jungle blast out.

Future

4. Seeing Chinese Democracy Release Date being announced by Geffen

5. Getting the masterpiece in my hands, having a HUGE playback party with my mates and any other hardcore GNR fans that want to join me!

Here today...ready to rock
itsrob
Opening Act

« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2004, 06:15:01 PM »

GNR AFD was the first tape that I ever listened to or bought that wasn't my parents music.  I was in the 2nd grade and some dude on the bus gave me the tape.  He didn't want his parents to find out he bought it from someone at school.  I had to give it back though, so I dubbed a copy for myself and that was it.  I didn't listen to another tape for three years.  Just AFD over and over again until one day when I was rewinding it, the tape broke.  That sucked.

GnR was, is, and will always be my favorite band.  

I finally saw GNR 12/31/01 in Las Vegas.  I was 2 feet away from the stage and I couldn't have had a better time.  I saw them twice more on the Chinese Democracy tour in Boston and Hartford.  And although I never got to see the original line-up (except for videos and dvd's) I truly think the new line-up is so much better.  
IHaveNoPatience
Headliner

« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2004, 10:09:12 AM »

my biggest highlight hasnt came yet, it will someday! beer
Same here... beer

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby, can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right out of here
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2004, 12:58:41 PM »

1995-I was just five.I didnt knew a shit about GnR.I only cared about Power Rangers.I  turned on tv and I saw the Paradise City video, it blew me away.I sepent 5 listening to my cousins gnr albums.
2000-I bought the GnR lies.fucking good album.Then AFD , awsome.I lerned all Guns n Rosesthe biography.
2001-Seeing  gnr in RnR 3.And buiyng UYI 1 n 2.

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
SlashFan
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2004, 01:05:35 AM »

I was 13 when I first heard a GN'R song,the song was Welcome To The Jungle,that was back in 88 when I heard it and I have been listinging to GN'R since then.Also hearing the song Sweet Child O'Mine was the reason I started playing guitar. yes
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2004, 09:21:55 AM »

my biggest highlight hasnt came yet, it will someday! beer
Same here... beer

same here to  beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
wonderall
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2004, 09:27:26 AM »

That's agreat inspiration...I have tried.  I wish I could play guitar.

I can play enough to write songs but thats it.  I love sweet child, It reminds of someone I knew when I was very young.

Axl is so lucky to have the love and support of everybody here, who wishes him well.  Can't wait to here the news on his May show.  Wish I was there to share.  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 09:28:57 AM by wonderall » Logged
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2004, 08:00:03 AM »

i have many highlights over the years,
meeting slash, matt and gilby on various occassions pictures and autographs
seeing gnr 4 times
seeing snakepit 2 times
seeing duff believe in me tour(shaking hands with him from the stage)
getting live like a suicide from my parents one xmas
but out of all this the best was :

gn'r at milton keynes england may 93. izzy playing his last ever gn'r show.
gilby flew in and sung dead flowers (arm still in sling). mike monroe of hanoi also with them, ron wood from the stones for the cover of honkey tonk women, and support acts for the day blind melon, soul asylum and the cult.(what a day)
Hatters
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2004, 10:28:20 PM »

Hey everyone, first time poster here, long time Guns fan.

-Listening to AFD on my brothers CD player.
-Having my grandma drive me to the Wiz to get UYI 1 and 2
-Listening to the Spaghetti Incident YEARS after I wrote it off as a piece of shit, I love it now
-Hearing the new songs off the net for the first time, playing "the blues" a million times
-Shitting myself when I heard about live-era
-Hearing you could be mine for the first time (the anticipation for UYI was immense for me, could Guns ever live up to appetite?? um...Yeah!!!)

But most of all was the show at MSG in Dec 02.  My first (hopefully not last!!) guns show.  I never got to see them when I was a kid.  Axl sounded great, the show was amazing, we got beers before hand at a place in Penn Station called "roses".  We were totally plowed drinking the commuter 16 ounce bud cans.  Crapping myself when they played rocket queen. my friends and i were so shit faced, we were too pumped to waste a time going to the bathroom so we just pissed all over the aisle.  ROCK N ROLL!!! haha
then afterwards we were so wired we just walked around manhattan for hours recounting the night.  Easily one of the top 5 nights of my life.
Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2004, 07:14:39 PM »

1. 1987 - Hearing AFD when I was 15 at my friends house.  Went out and bought it immediately.  Cheesy
2. 1991 - Got up and went to the record store at 7am to by UYI 1& 2.  Cheesy
3. 1992 - Columbia SC.  My first and only live GNR concert.   beer
4. 2002 - Purchased RIR3 on VHS, terrible copy.  Tongue
5. 2002 - MTV Music Awards.  Cheesy
6. 2002 - Greenville SC show cancelled.  Cry
7. 2004 - Just purchased from e-bay MSG (DVD) RIR3 (CD) from e-bay.  Can't wait for them to arrive!  beer

It don't really matter...
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2004, 06:31:05 AM »

-Hearing Paradise City for the first time in 1990 when I was 13 or something
-Getting the AFD and UYI albums in 1991 and started really getting into GNR. also saw the YCBM video on finnish TV
-Watching the Paris concert on finnish television in 1992. Closest I've ever gotten to seeing GNR live.
-Bought the SFTD single in 1994. I thought that things were finally gonna start to happen again in the GNR camp, but boy was I wrong...
-Bought the End Of Days soundtrack in 1999 just because of the new GNR song. After I realised that Oh my God was pretty much crap I almost smashed the damn thing.
-bought Live-Era in 1999. It blew me away and I got sad that the classic lineup had broken up, because they were a great live band. I also boght the Tokyo dome videos at that time.
-Bought a VHS of RIR3 in 2001 and even though it wasn't of the best possible quality I got convinced that maybe there's still a future for GNR. I was very positively impressed with The Blues and Masagaskar.
-MTV VMAs in 2002. I Live in Finland and it was early friday morning when the show was drawing towards it's end. I had a tape waiting in my VCR just in case GNR would appear..and they did!

Not much to report since then. I'm waiting for my copy of GH to arrive. I've been waiting and speculating about Chinese Democracy for about six years now. Not expecting anything, but if they ever get it released it'll be a pleasant surprise.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2004, 03:59:18 PM »

ive never seen them live and I have one bootlegged cd of theirs. I didnt like guns n roses when they first came out> I thought they were awful i couldnt stand them. then i heard sweet child of mine and I was hooked after that I really got into them. now i love them and i listen to them as often as I can. trying to get my nine almost ten year old daughter into guns n roses so far though she likes briteny spears and my son four likes waht sissy likes I met axl rose when i was sixteen he was really nice i went to school with his brother stuart who was also really nice. rock on guys and I'm sure CD will be worth the long wait.

IM an earth goddess
romanian fan
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2004, 07:01:44 AM »

I first listened to GNR in 1990 when we finaly had MTV (it was after the revolution), and the first video of them that I saw was Sweet child o'mine. I was frozen in front of the tv. I used to listened to them all the time in my teens. When they broked up a part of me died. I saw the MTV Music Awards and I realy liked Madagascar, but it is not  the same without Slash, Duff, Matt.
Unfortunately GH will not  make its appearence in Romania.
Nither will CD ig it 'll ever be released.
tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2004, 05:15:12 PM »

losing my virginity to axl rose that is my gnr high light

IM an earth goddess
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2004, 11:34:13 AM »

losing my virginity to axl rose that is my gnr high light
wow.. not many can say that...

anyway, it wasnt an highlight, but i was down and depressed, and i walked into a Free record Shop shop one wednsday day. andi  saw GNR - GH on first place ad i got kinda happy....

really cool  ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: