Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Eminem
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eminem  (Read 85349 times)
MikeB
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2005, 10:49:42 PM »

you're just sour that your favourite genre of music isn't on top (I know this is true for MikeB).
word, nigga.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2005, 07:34:54 AM »

Eminem is a meanie

I agree with IQ, Eminem is very childish using celebreties for his lyrics because he has no real life to write about

smoking Izzy smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2005, 02:31:47 PM »

Are you trying to prove to me that he swears? or that his music isn't "clean"?

What I find funny is that this guy comes out and says: "I'm going to say a bunch of shit to get a reaction."  And what does everyone do?  They react.  Parents complain that he's a terrible influence on children, close-minded rock fans complain that he's ruining the music industry and he has no talent.  Everyone takes notice of him, though.

im trying to say that what he does comes across as getting attention just to make more sales, insult anyone who is popular or on the slide will merit him mentions in music magazines, fan magazines, blogs, emails, forums, conversations whatever...its a form of marketing and kids are so too innocent to realise...everyone takes notice but not because of his talent, more because of his controversy

well of course people are going to react...its human nature to react and proact...he proves nothing by doing that...what is he trying to achieve? a reaction by insulting someone? look in the real news and you see that happening all the time..so what is he trying to achieve?

...i dont doubt he is a writer that is, in some ways, very talented but he loses respect by some of these pointless comments and lyrics

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2005, 01:40:05 PM »

Oh no, Axl never insulted anyone for headline?  How about One in a Million?  He only insult 2 huge groups of people (fags and N###ers) 
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2005, 04:30:29 PM »

Oh no, Axl never insulted anyone for headline?  How about One in a Million?  He only insult 2 huge groups of people (fags and N###ers) 

you know, that would make a great topic in the gnr part of this forum...but i doubt he went out to make headlines with this song ...the lyrics were written from personal experience as well as only applying to a minority of people as he never meant all blacks and gays, he was probably a little naive when writing these lyrics and in retrospect I think he would have altered the lyrics to reflect what he really meant ...im sure there are many on this forum that know more about this song than I and could probably explain it more clearly...also axl, i believe, has/had a form of manic depression and is/was prone to mood swings which makes these lyrics forgiveable...imo 

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2005, 10:59:48 AM »

Bad news for all of you Eminem lovers, he says he's not retiring now and will continue to make albums.  Viva la Rap!!

IQ, so since Axl's behavior is excused for mental reasons then I guess you gloss over what Charles Manson did because he had some mental issues too!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2005, 04:20:28 PM »

Bad news for all of you Eminem lovers, he says he's not retiring now and will continue to make albums.  Viva la Rap!!

IQ, so since Axl's behavior is excused for mental reasons then I guess you gloss over what Charles Manson did because he had some mental issues too!

ahhh someone who is willing to challenge my logic...excellent...

are all crimes judged the same? certainly not...and neither can you compare a murderer with someone who swears no matter what his mental condition...also there are probably hundreds of mental disorders, all different...so you just cant compare them

(Winston Churchill)"
psycotron
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »

it would be interesting to see what eminem looks like when he 40, bald, big belly. i wonder what he would sound like and if he hed still rap about the same things. does he have a girl freind? he probably gets lots of groupies
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2005, 09:43:50 PM »

I was being sarcastic!   But back to the topic, what GNR did with Lies and their Grammy fiasco was to push the envelope, to create contraversy.  Gnr were huge when Lies came out and Axl had to expect some reaction to One ina Mil, just as Eminem does each and every album.  Eminem is a brilliant wordsmith and he says what ever he wishes when he wishes.  Although their artistic forums are vastly different, Axl in his prime and Eminem are quite similar.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2005, 12:13:32 AM »

I thought he kind of lost stride a bit on the last album - his first two were dynamite

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
JJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2005, 11:21:57 AM »

EMINEM has pulled his entire European tour after being treated for ?exhaustion?.

The Anger Management 3 Europe dates were due to start in September, with support at the shows including D-12, Obie Trice, Stat Quo, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Tony Yayo, Olivia and Flipsyde.

However, all the dates, including shows in the UK and Ireland have been pulled. A spokesperson said the rapper is suffering from ?exhaustion, complicated by other medical issues?.

The shows are not expected to be rescheduled.

A UK spokesperson told NME.COM: ?Eminem is disappointed he won?t be able to come over to see his UK fans, and it?s unfortunate he?s had to cancel.?

Earlier in the summer it was claimed that Eminem was even considering retiring from live performance after this tour, a claim which was subsequently denied.

The star?s D-12 bandmate Proof said Eminem wanted to concentrate on production from now on. He told the Detroit Free Press that Eminem?s show at Slane Castle, Ireland on September 17 would be his last.

"Em has definitely got to the level where he feels like he's accomplished everything he can accomplish in rap," said Proof. "He wants to kick back and get into the producing thing. Why not bow out while you're on top?"

The Anger Management dates are in support of Eminem?s current album ?Encore?.

FUCK!!! I HAD BOUGHT TICKETS TO SEE HIM!!!  rant rant rant rant rant
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2005, 02:22:24 PM »

FUCK!!! I HAD BOUGHT TICKETS TO SEE HIM!!!? rant rant rant rant rant

Serves u right hihi

Not a great way to treat his fans - maybe he's been talking to Axl.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2005, 05:43:42 PM »

I'm sure Eminem is about to have the Axl's syndrome...these 2 guys have A LOT in commun. Eminem is the Axl Rose of rap music.
I wouldn't be surprised if Eminem deseapeared for 10 years.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2005, 05:57:10 PM »

12 year old white kids in the suburbs all over europe will be crying in to their pillows tonight.
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2006, 09:34:43 AM »

He is basically the only modern rapper that I like. Some people know him only by songs like "Just Lose It" and consider him a joke, but that's definetely not true. Ofcourse there are always som hilarious songs on his albums but there's tons of serious stuff too. He's wittie lyrics just balance on being plain offensive and completely genius. What I like is that he says what he thinks and doesn't hold anything back. He's first 3 albums are class imo  ok

This   is   Democracy!!!
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2006, 10:22:12 AM »

I liked his Marshall Mathers LP and some off the Slim Shady LP (and the same for The Eminem Show) but I think the stuff after he did The Eminem Show is terrible!
I have to agree on some degree "Encore" was a huge dissapointment to me. Still there were a few decent traks there but mostly it truly was terrible. "Ass like that" in paricular was the kinda song you would nominate to be the worst ever. But "When I'm Gone" from the greatest hits leaves me some hope.

This   is   Democracy!!!
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »

I'm a fan and I love that he doesn't hold anything back. I haven't seen him in person but I saw a special on HBO that was very decent. The curtain call disc is really good. Is that the greatest hits CD?

But WTF getting remarried to Kim and staying married for only like one month? Didn't they do this before and it didn't work? Strange personal life. Although my philosophy is once you try marriage, you never go back again. Once is enough to last a lifetime!  Wink

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2006, 02:34:27 PM »

i like some stuff...but the only album i ever bought was his GH...there are even tracks on there that i don't care for...like the song  "Fack" is the stupedist song ever i hate it

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2006, 06:12:04 PM »

The clarity & speed of his voice is just phenomenal.... He's got some songs I don't really care for, but he hasn't released a bad album IMO.  Encore might be the weakest, but tracks like "Spend Some Time", "Never Enough" & "Mockingbird" still made it worthwhile for me.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2006, 06:27:53 PM »

The clarity & speed of his voice is just phenomenal....

yeah he is incredible for that...i dunno if he does all his rhymes but some are just brilliant in their composition as well

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: