Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:01:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227920 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Video games
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video games  (Read 41830 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2006, 04:53:41 PM »

Oh, sorry, my fault.

I was talking about the Revolution.

I wouldn't be asking the same questions twice.  Smiley

Getting lost, I loved it. In a sick sort of way. But, the most fucking annoying thing was the...Urshilaku Camp, or whatever it was called. Fuck, that was a bitch to go to, especially seeing as you had to go back and forth...Was that the one? Between the mountains, past the shipwreck...I forget. Good times though!

But. Later in the game, getting lost was very hard, once you had either the magic trousers, dagger or, if you were a very lucky thief, those boots...Up you levitate, above the mountains, and just look at the guide map. Be the arrow.  Cool

One thing that I'm very glad that they'll be getting rid of is the fucking repitition of monsters. How many times can you fight a pterodactyl before it gets boring?

Not very many, I'll tell you that. Annoying bastards!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2006, 12:50:23 AM »

I'm trying to get through Dragon Quest 8 - "Journey of the Cursed King." I'm about 45 hours in with another 75 to go.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2006, 02:50:41 AM »

I'm trying to get through Dragon Quest 8 - "Journey of the Cursed King." I'm about 45 hours in with another 75 to go.

You ever play DWVII? Now thats a fun game.. that I just stopped playing cuz i ran out of motivation. You really gotta push through a game thats 80+ hours long with ghetto graphics like that.. but i did get pretty far. Id recommend it to ya

gnrevolution.com
Evolution
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2006, 07:22:02 PM »

Tonight I was bored so I rented the WPT Offical Poker computer game.  hihi

It's fun for about 30 minutes, then falls flat in an instantaneous moment.  Tongue

I like the concept of the idea, but a game that no matter how good you are you can still be screwed by luck, makes it a bad idea in action.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2006, 08:20:35 AM »

I bought  The Godfather for XBox last friday, so I got absolutely nothing accomplished this weekend.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2006, 05:41:37 PM »

I'm playing a great game called Shadow of the Colossus. One of the few great original titles out today.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »

I've been playing Oblivion for my Xbox 360.  It's one of the best games, never mind RPG's, I've ever played.  Huge doesn't begin to describe it.  I'm 45 hours in (at least) and have worked on maybe 1/4 of the main quest, at the most.  Master of the Fighters Guild, Champ of the Arena, and working on becoming the Arch-Mage. Smiley

Then, this past weekend, we picked up Kingdom Hearts 2...so I'm taking a bit of a break from Oblivion and having a go at that.  So far, so good.  It's as good as the original, which is saying quite a bit.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2006, 11:56:34 AM »

and working on becoming the Arch-Mage. Smiley

You big geek hihi Might have to check Oblivion at some point, but I'm a bit suspicious about the angle/player point of view. It's the same as with Morrowind, right? I'm more of a classic Baldur's Gate / Jagged Alliance fan, with the isometric (?) viewpoint. But I guess that's part of the past these days.

The screenshots I've seen look good though - I doubt my computer can handle it in a very high resolution...

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2006, 07:02:48 AM »

I've been playing Oblivion for my Xbox 360.  It's one of the best games, never mind RPG's, I've ever played.  Huge doesn't begin to describe it.  I'm 45 hours in (at least) and have worked on maybe 1/4 of the main quest, at the most.  Master of the Fighters Guild, Champ of the Arena, and working on becoming the Arch-Mage. Smiley

The major improvement on Morrowind is the depth of the side quests. They're great! In Elder Scrolls III they were like... A woman asks you to go and kill a witch who stole her ring, and then she gives you 20 gold. They were bollocks. On Oblivion, I can spend hours just doing the side quests! Pirates, haunted houses, drug rings (nice bit o' Skooma), kidnapping, ghost towns... the attention to them is amazing. I've almost finished the Mages Guild, probably about a third of the way through the main quest and I've done one Fighters Guild quest... I'm also in the Thieves and Dark Brotherhood. The last few hours I've been wandering about trying to get as many daedra artifacts as possible. You can get some quality stuff. Absolute quality!

I'm about 40 hours in, level 18. Redguard (always). Knight (My first time without a custom class, I thought that maybe they had grouped some skills together for a reason... Nope. Hand to fucking Hand to progress my level...pfft).

Whoops, looked like I turned into a geek for a moment there. Now, where did I put my WoW...

(...But seriously, I don't play WoW... Seriously)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2006, 07:40:25 AM »

lucky.

im waiting for my fickiniggabitch super 2000? (ok maybe not 2000...) PC.
i need to sell my laptop first

then i'll play oblivion  Grin

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2006, 04:17:06 PM »

I think that I'm going to sell my laptop, buy a PC.

But I'm playing Oblivion on the 360 right now. Any idea what is missing from it that's on the PC version? Anything special...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2006, 10:25:28 PM »

But I'm playing Oblivion on the 360 right now. Any idea what is missing from it that's on the PC version? Anything special...
Nothing besides higher resolutions. That is if you're using a X1900XT.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2006, 08:06:47 AM »

Oh, really? Some arsehole I know said that the 360 version wasn't 'the full game.' Whatever that means.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2006, 09:05:36 AM »

and working on becoming the Arch-Mage. Smiley

You big geek hihi Might have to check Oblivion at some point, but I'm a bit suspicious about the angle/player point of view. It's the same as with Morrowind, right? I'm more of a classic Baldur's Gate / Jagged Alliance fan, with the isometric (?) viewpoint. But I guess that's part of the past these days.

The screenshots I've seen look good though - I doubt my computer can handle it in a very high resolution...

It's default view is First Person, but it is playable in 3rd person.  My wife gets "motion sick" when watching FPS type games, so when she's around I play in 3rd person.  It works....with some switching off to FPS for range or magic and occasionally to find the right "clicky".

It is the best RPG I"ve played since Ultima IV...and that's saying something considering I think U4 is the best RPG ever, bar none.

It is a PC resource HOG, that's for sure.  On the Xbox 360, though.....in HD...it looks stunning. Smiley

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2006, 09:13:03 AM »

The construction kit and the free user mods.

Other than that, not a thing.

You COULD argue the PC can play the game at a higher resolution...with a screaming rig and $350 graphics card(s).

But I don't know many people who have 50 inch widescreen monitors hooked up to their PC's.? Now, you COULD, of course, hook that PC up to your 50 inch TV....but I'm not a fan of trying to do Keyboard/Mouse gaming in my living room....and even wireless USB controllers (which are supported in the PC version of Oblivion) would mean having my PC within reach of our little kiddies.? And that wouldn't be smart....

Smiley

Bethesda has also committed to patching both the PC and Xbox360 versions (you'll need the Hard Drive, of course) as well as release new content (horse armor, new quests and areas, etc) for both PC and Xbox360 via the Xbox live marketplace.

I've also heard that they're planning, especially given how well the title has sold, finding a way to release the expansions for 360 AS expansions (and not just as the GOTY edition like they did with Morrowind).

A good Oblivion resource: www.oblivionportal.com

Together again,
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2006, 09:59:47 AM »

Not really on the current topic....but i dont give a fuck!  Cheesy

Anyone got Resident Evil 4 yet? This is the best game i have played. The other day i played it for 11 hours straight.

Awesome game, never really been a big fan of this series of games but i am definately going to go back and check the others out after playing this.

plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2006, 11:11:48 AM »

I'm playing a great game called Shadow of the Colossus. One of the few great original titles out today.

I beat SotC about a month ago, and I'm on #16 in hard mode. Great game, indeed. What was your favorite Colossus.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2006, 11:16:17 AM »

Not really on the current topic....but i dont give a fuck!? Cheesy

Anyone got Resident Evil 4 yet? This is the best game i have played. The other day i played it for 11 hours straight.

Awesome game, never really been a big fan of this series of games but i am definately going to go back and check the others out after playing this.

I got it the week it came out for Gamecube (January 05). I played the hell outta that masterpiece of a game. I beat the main game twice, spent tons of hours playing The Mercenaries, beat Assignment Ada... aww man that game kicked ass. The gunplay just never got old, and those bosses were incredible.  ok

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2006, 06:55:36 PM »

Not really on the current topic....but i dont give a fuck!  Cheesy

Not to be a dick.. but I totally thought RE4 was lame. Not a bad game at all, but certainly not a real resident evil game. Call me old school but I prefer the pre-rendered graphics and tank controls of the original series.

gnrevolution.com
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2006, 02:39:25 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12515895/

Quite possibly the dumbest, most fucked up, most assinine name for a console ever THOUGHT of, never mind chosen.

The Nintendo Revolution is not the Nintendo Wii (pronounced "we...)

What the hell are they thinking?

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: