Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Fantasy Football  (Read 60746 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2008, 08:50:05 PM »

Ok, I am littering this section with more football discussion but oh well

IF matt Cassel were to win the Super Bowl this year, does that tarnish Tom Brady's legacy?

No, I think it would enhance Belichick's.  You can't take away what Brady has done.  But I'm sure people would say "I told you so".  Up until 3 or 4 years ago people called Brady a system quarterback, it wasn't until recently that he was given the respect he deserved.  So some people may revert back to their original thoughts.  IF they won with Cassel though I would think it'd be in much different ways than they did with Brady.  Great defense, solid combination of run/pass.  Now if Cassel were to go out and break Tom's single season TD record.  Then, we may have an argument.

D, good question.  I agree with Faldor.  To think Cassel could do what Brady does/did, wow.  That would be something else! 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2008, 12:01:42 PM »

IF matt Cassel were to win the Super Bowl this year, does that tarnish Tom Brady's legacy?

No, I think it would enhance Belichick's.  You can't take away what Brady has done.  But I'm sure people would say "I told you so".  Up until 3 or 4 years ago people called Brady a system quarterback, it wasn't until recently that he was given the respect he deserved.  So some people may revert back to their original thoughts.  IF they won with Cassel though I would think it'd be in much different ways than they did with Brady.  Great defense, solid combination of run/pass.  Now if Cassel were to go out and break Tom's single season TD record.  Then, we may have an argument.

D, good question.  I agree with Faldor.  To think Cassel could do what Brady does/did, wow.  That would be something else! 
Example #1 - The Patriots won against the Jets much differently than last season.  Ball control, great defense, good game management by Cassel.  Not that this will propel them to the Super Bowl, but that's the recipe from here on out, just like when Tom was thrust into the starting role back in 2002.

Back to the fantasy world.  Help me out with this, I had Seattle's defense in my 2 other leagues this week and when I went to bed last night they had been credited with one TD.

Why'd they take away a Seattle defensive TD from me overnight? Does this not describe a defensive TD?

7:47 SEA TD Frank Gore rushed up the middle for 5 yard loss. Frank Gore fumbled. Marcus Trufant recovered fumble and returned for 4 yards. Marcus Trufant fumbled. Craig Terrill recovered fumble and returned for 10 yards (Olindo Mare made PAT)

If the defense fumbles the ball, do they all of a sudden become offense? That doesn't seem to make sense. It may not end up mattering, but I'd have a fighting chance tonight at least with those 6 extra points.  I'm down 14 points tonight in one league, he has McNabb, I have M. Barber and DeSean Jackson.  Being down 8 points would be a little better.  In my other league I'm up 4 points with Westbrook to go.  My opponent has Romo and DeSean Jackson.  Again, the 6 points would help.  Also, in theory Seattle recovered 2 fumbles on one play no?  I only got credit for one fumble recovery.  My teams and San Diego are not happy this morning.  Although, if I get blown out tonight in both leagues it won't really matter.  But, someone try and explain this to me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »

Having Anquan Bolden and Greg Jennings as your starting wideouts is a very good thing....

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2008, 12:34:14 PM »

Example #1 - The Patriots won against the Jets much differently than last season.  Ball control, great defense, good game management by Cassel.  Not that this will propel them to the Super Bowl, but that's the recipe from here on out, just like when Tom was thrust into the starting role back in 2002.

Back to the fantasy world.  Help me out with this, I had Seattle's defense in my 2 other leagues this week and when I went to bed last night they had been credited with one TD.

Why'd they take away a Seattle defensive TD from me overnight? Does this not describe a defensive TD?

7:47 SEA TD Frank Gore rushed up the middle for 5 yard loss. Frank Gore fumbled. Marcus Trufant recovered fumble and returned for 4 yards. Marcus Trufant fumbled. Craig Terrill recovered fumble and returned for 10 yards (Olindo Mare made PAT)

If the defense fumbles the ball, do they all of a sudden become offense? That doesn't seem to make sense. It may not end up mattering, but I'd have a fighting chance tonight at least with those 6 extra points.  I'm down 14 points tonight in one league, he has McNabb, I have M. Barber and DeSean Jackson.  Being down 8 points would be a little better.  In my other league I'm up 4 points with Westbrook to go.  My opponent has Romo and DeSean Jackson.  Again, the 6 points would help.  Also, in theory Seattle recovered 2 fumbles on one play no?  I only got credit for one fumble recovery.  My teams and San Diego are not happy this morning.  Although, if I get blown out tonight in both leagues it won't really matter.  But, someone try and explain this to me.

I Have Seattle's Defense and had the same thing happen... I also had the same senario happen last year (or the year before) in reverse. Team X fumbled (offense) team Y recovered (defense) Team Y fumbled (Offense?) Team X recovered and scored (that defense got credit even though it was the offense that got the ball back.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »

I sucked it up big time in Shackler's Revenge this week, losing to PaSnow, who doesn't have a great team, and who also had empty spots on his starting line-up. That's just pathetic. I freakin' hate David Garrard; and damn Larry Johnson isn't getting hardly any carries. Hopefully his bitching will change that for the sake of my fantasy team; otherwise, I'm screwed. Jamal Lewis and the Browns are struggling so far this season. My whole team just sucks. I can't believe I was actually bragging about it after the draft.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2008, 06:19:46 PM »

u want a pissed-off fantasy fan?  I lost to a team that started Cutler and Brandon Marshall...by 3 fantasy points!!!  If Ed Hochuli doesn't fuck up the Cutler fumble (-2), it would have prevented the Cutler touchdown (-6) and the 2 point conversion (-2)... a ten point mistake!!!  Mother fucker Hochuli!!!!   rant

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2008, 07:21:45 PM »

u want a pissed-off fantasy fan?  I lost to a team that started Cutler and Brandon Marshall...by 3 fantasy points!!!  If Ed Hochuli doesn't fuck up the Cutler fumble (-2), it would have prevented the Cutler touchdown (-6) and the 2 point conversion (-2)... a ten point mistake!!!  Mother fucker Hochuli!!!!   rant
Ouch that beats yahoo not counting my Seattle defensive TD, which by the way didn't end up hurting me.  I would've lost by less than a point in one league if they counted it, instead I lost by just over 6.  A loss is a loss though, so it doesn't matter.  I was able to overcome the statistical error in my other league thanks to Marion Barber and the lack of a big game from McNabb.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2008, 01:31:26 PM »

You and I play this week, faldor. I expect you'll probably win (I think I even voted for you), but I'm going to do my best to make you 0-3. I'm benching Garrard and rolling the dice with J.T. O'Sulliven  Undecided  in hopes that the Lions continue to give up 1000 points.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2008, 08:00:43 PM »

You and I play this week, faldor. I expect you'll probably win (I think I even voted for you), but I'm going to do my best to make you 0-3. I'm benching Garrard and rolling the dice with J.T. O'Sulliven  Undecided  in hopes that the Lions continue to give up 1000 points.

I'd make the same play right now with O'Sullivan...as long as Isaac Bruce doesn't pass away due to natural causes before the end of the game, the niners should rack up some stat"z" under Mart"z."   hihi 

ps, anybody see Jessica Alba rackin' up the points??  Jessica takes on Penus this weekend!  Sounds like a great movie to me!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2008, 08:07:28 PM »

It should be a battle.  I've got some possible game time decisions to make.  Adrian Peterson's status is up in the air.  I have him in there now, but if he can't go I'm gonna have to start Sproles.  And I'll be at the Pats game again, so I may have to "phone a friend" to get that done.  That's one negative about going to a football game on Sunday.  If I were home, I'd check my team 100 times right up until kickoff, just in case.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2008, 02:17:39 PM »

My team is projected to do some big things this week.

Im starting Hasselback against ST Louis instead of Anderson against Baltimore.

I picked up Stuckey and I think my receiving corps will shape up. Im gonna just have to take some risks and hope some injured guys come back soon and keep them on my bench.

Lendale White hopefully will keep up some carries.

I added Deuce McCallister just in case they let him come back to carrying full time.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2008, 07:20:38 AM »

My team is projected to do some big things this week.

Im starting Hasselback against ST Louis instead of Anderson against Baltimore.

I picked up Stuckey and I think my receiving corps will shape up. Im gonna just have to take some risks and hope some injured guys come back soon and keep them on my bench.

Lendale White hopefully will keep up some carries.

I added Deuce McCallister just in case they let him come back to carrying full time.

D, Seattle has a great matchup...the only problem is Hasselbeck's receiver corps is down to the Seahawks mascot, the hot dog vendor, and the fastest member of their cheerleading squad!  Every fucking day another receiver gets hurt!  Was the Seahawks receiving corps on some sort of advanced promo addition of Madden '09?   nervous  Hell, they just signed Koren "20 DUIs" Robinson and he's already hurt his leg.  It's just weird.

Then, to give u more headaches D, Braylon Edwards is questionable this week. 

McCalister is, at best, a goal-line vulture.  Pierre Thomas and Reggie will be the primary backs in the Saints offense.

Lendale's potential has been almost halved with Chris Johnson's emergence...which btw, dammit all! I should have had him if it weren't for Yahoo's glitch!   rant    Smiley Oh well.   Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »

U got mixed up Axl4prez

I dont have Braylon Edwards!!

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »

U got mixed up Axl4prez

I dont have Braylon Edwards!!

He's saying if Edwards doesn't play, Anderson's stock takes a big hit.

I've got one for you guys for a money league of mine.  I have  3 options at QB, which one would you go with? Hasselbeck has already been discussed.  But they are playing the worst pass defense in the league (St. Louis).  Isn't that worth considering?  I have Delhomme, who gets Steve Smith back this week.  It's pretty much impossible to run against the Vikings so teams are forced to pass early and often.  Then I just picked up J.T. O'Sullivan, who plays against a porous Lions defense, and Martz could be out for blood against his former team.

I was thinking about sticking with Hasselbeck for ONE MORE week.  If he can't get anything going against the Rams then it's hopeless.  Or has it already reached that point?  They did pick up Keary Colbert this week and he will start.  Not that that's a huge deal, but at least it knocks the hot dog vendor down the depth chart.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »

Hasselback also has a decent TE.

I would start JT O Sullivan. Detroit just have NO defense and most importantly, no pass rush.

With Delhomme, Steve Smith is back but Minny have a great Pass rush so Delhomme won't have time to set up deep throws.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

D, Faldor got it.  Without Edwards, Anderson's stock takes a hit.  Yes, Winslow's awesome, but from what I saw Stallworth's also questionable and the Ravens defense has looked pretty damn good this year.  Plus, the Ravens D is at home.  Bad news for the Brownies.

Hasselbeck, Delhomme, or O'Sullivan...honestly, damn that's a tough one.  I'd lean O'Sullivan.  Despite the fact the Vikes finished last in the NFC against the pass last year, this game they are at home.  This time the Vikings are 0-2.  This game the Vikes are playing for their season.  The Panthers are 2-0.  I give the big edge to the team at home here. 
  Hasselbeck's at home against a bad secondary...but again, the targets have almost zero time working with Hasselbeck.  It reminds me of a qb playing in an All-Pro game except...with Keary Colbert and Koren "slurrin' my words" Robinson as targets. 
  O'Sullivan's at home against a bad Lions secondary as well.  As long as it's not too windy in San Fran, I'd go with O'Sullivan.   ok 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »

If only my HTGTH fantasy team did as well as my advice yesterday!  O' Sullivan was definitely the play for Faldor, and if folks "bet purple" like I recommended, you are a lot richer today for it!!!   beer  Vikes and Ravens won big as I expected.

In HTGTH, the headline should read:  Penus Destroys Jessica Alba!!!   hihi

btw, wish me luck.  I'm up by 20 points in my other league with Kaeding and Chambers left to play.  The other team has Rivers.  I've got the edge, but nothing's guaranteed.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:09:17 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »

Im bout to go 2-1!

Yo Axl4prez

Shockey is out for 4-6 weeks!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2008, 07:58:08 PM »

Im bout to go 2-1!

Yo Axl4prez

That's the risk you take drafting Shockey.  High risk, high reward.  Oh well.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2008, 11:56:23 PM »

Im bout to go 2-1!

Yo Axl4prez

That's the risk you take drafting Shockey.  High risk, high reward.  Oh well.
I just saw that myself.  I have him in one league along with the also injured Marques Colston, Joey Galloway, Brian Westbrook, and somewhat injured Ryan Grant.  A little decimated you could say.  I've got to scour the free agent market for a backup TE now.  Looks like it's either Bo Scaife or Shockey's backup, Billy Miller.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: