Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Fantasy Football  (Read 60745 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2008, 12:14:19 PM »

Yeah, I was definitely interested in Peyton, because QB is my by far my weakest position. I would've been willing to give up one of my RBs (Portis, Larry Johnson, or Jamal Lewis --- preferrably not Portis, though) in a package deal, but I just couldn't make up my mind. Plus I was hoping to wait another week and see what Steve Slaton did this week, just to see if he's the real deal or if last week was an aberration.

I think my RBs have more upside than Jacobs, just because they're not in RBBCs, nor as injury-prone. But D beat me to a trade, so I'm cool with it. Hopefully I can continue to get by with a ragtag group of QBs. But I'd definitely be willing to make a deal for a solid start-him-every-week QB, instead of rolling the dice with guys off the waiver wire.

Here Today . . .
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »

^johnson's performance is kinda scary so far this year...might have gone for lewis

anyway I'm feeling pretty good about my team now...if ryan grant and welker can step it up after a slow start and engram and reggie brown get healthy i'll be doin ok...i'll prolly suck again this week though

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2008, 11:52:37 AM »

^johnson's performance is kinda scary so far this year...might have gone for lewis

anyway I'm feeling pretty good about my team now...if ryan grant and welker can step it up after a slow start and engram and reggie brown get healthy i'll be doin ok...i'll prolly suck again this week though

I wish you luck Neemo.  Of those 4 guys, Grant is key.  I'm just not high on Welker without Brady.  Grant can be a monster if he's healthy.

I heard a rumor the Rams might be shopping Holt...in my other league I've got Torry and damn I'd be doing cartwheels if he went to a real team with an o-line and stability at qb.  Brady and Bulger killed my stud receivers Randy and Torry...at least I had the luck to land Chambers as my #3 in that league.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2008, 04:08:36 PM »

I wish you luck Neemo.  Of those 4 guys, Grant is key.  I'm just not high on Welker without Brady.  Grant can be a monster if he's healthy.

I heard a rumor the Rams might be shopping Holt...in my other league I've got Torry and damn I'd be doing cartwheels if he went to a real team with an o-line and stability at qb.  Brady and Bulger killed my stud receivers Randy and Torry...at least I had the luck to land Chambers as my #3 in that league.
Mid season trades are rare in the NFL.  Granted Chambers was traded from Miami to SD last season, butkit doesn't happen often.  I have Grant in a league too and am still waiting for him to get going.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »

Kevin Curtis and Brown willc ome back.... but when? week 8? week 10? Baskett has at least 5 soild weeks left and THEN neemo can drop him for Curtis or Brown etc. or even Damn.... the Seattle guy, Engram yeah.

if you really believed Curtis wasn't coming back for several weeks, you would not have picked him up. Baskett has a little bit of value - not much. 

if this were a money league, no way in hell does this deal go through. you're getting 2 strong starting players, neemo is only getting one.

a fair deal would be Jacobs for Manning straight up.

the addition of Ward for 2 players that will sit on Neemo's bench all year is what made this deal NOT pass the smell test.

but you made the effort to get it done, so you deserve the benefits.  ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2008, 01:01:41 PM »

Kevin Curtis and Brown willc ome back.... but when? week 8? week 10? Baskett has at least 5 soild weeks left and THEN neemo can drop him for Curtis or Brown etc. or even Damn.... the Seattle guy, Engram yeah.

if you really believed Curtis wasn't coming back for several weeks, you would not have picked him up. Baskett has a little bit of value - not much. 

if this were a money league, no way in hell does this deal go through. you're getting 2 strong starting players, neemo is only getting one.

a fair deal would be Jacobs for Manning straight up.

the addition of Ward for 2 players that will sit on Neemo's bench all year is what made this deal NOT pass the smell test.

but you made the effort to get it done, so you deserve the benefits.  ok

Sandman, you make excellent points in this post.  I congratulate you on your decimation of Jessica Alba last weekend btw.
 beer  Hopefully I'll see Penus in the playoffs...that sounds bad.  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »

Well, I kicked ass in Shackler's Revenge, but otherwise this was an incredibly frustrating weekend of fantasy football for me. I lost in three leagues all because I left Lav. Coles and his 3 TDs on my bench. And in one of those leagues I only lost by .04!!! How freakin' close can you get!!!

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »

Ive gone 3-1 in my leagues this week.

My team has been dismal this week. 55pts is all I got! LOL! how shitty is that!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »

Perhaps you guys can help D and I reach an agreement. We've been going back and forth the past couple of days trying to figure out a trade both of us can agree on. Basically, he wants to improve his RB situation, and I want to improve my QB position. We're basically discussing trading Larry Johnson in exchange for Peyton Manning; except, we both want more.

I'd like to have insurance in case one of my RBs get hurt, so I'm trying to get Lendale White in the deal also. He wants help at WR, too. The most recent trade I offered him is: Larry Johnson, Anthony Gonzalez, and David Garrard for Peyton Manning and Lendale White. Most likely he'll counter it, though, because that's all we've been doing.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2008, 08:13:02 PM »

I agreed to it

we went through some monster negotiations!

I  love being GM!

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »

I think D's getting the better end of the deal, AGAIN!  Maybe I'm just really underestimating Peyton Manning, but Peyton for LJ is about even, although if LJ plays like he did the last 2 weeks it may not be.  I like Anthony Gonzalez better than White though.  He's pretty much a goal line back at this point.  I guess gilee does have the RB depth to afford to take the gamble, if you're set to count on Slaton.  D does have some serious need at RB, especially with Westbrook's status.  Gonzalez will probably start for him though.  Campbell has played quite well of late, but Garrard is nice insurance, obviously neither are as good as Manning.  But basically D's getting 2 starters, gilee is getting Peyton.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2008, 09:42:55 PM »

Fuck fantasy football, I believe D should be negotiating the bailout in Washington.   hihi

umm, yeah, D's getting a hell of a deal.   ok  Gilee, are you running a fever?   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2008, 02:33:42 AM »

Well damn, maybe I should've asked you guys before I even proposed it. He and I went back and forth a thousand times. I tried to get him to throw Kevin Curtis in the mix, but he wouldn't do it.

Personally, I don't think the deal is lopsided. I can afford to lose Larry Johnson. I still have Portis, Jamal Lewis, and Steve Slaton, and now I'll have Lendale White. I don't plan on starting White. I just wanted him for insurance and as a bye-week replacement. I'll run with Portis, Lewis, and Slaton every week as my starters. I hadn't been starting Gonzalez anyway; I have Bowe, Roy Williams, and Cotchery. And I have no need for Garrard now, since Peyton's already had his bye and never misses a game. Plus O'Sullivan is still on my roster.

Maybe D is getting better players, but the trade helps both of us. I had a gaping hole at QB, whereas I was solid at other positions. Peyton's gotten off to a slow start this year, but he hadn't practiced and had missed all the preseason. Now that they've had a bye, and some of the others guys are starting to come back from their injuries, I expect Peyton Manning to play like the Peyton Manning we're used to seeing.

I'm putting a bit of stock in Slaton, but he's looked really good these last two weeks, and against two tough defenses no less. He's proven that he can make big plays receiving the ball if he can't get it going on the ground. I don't mind having him as my flex guy. If Larry Johnson continues tearing it up like he has these last two weeks, D will have made a great deal, but I don't see that happening. Johnson will be good, but not that good.

Basically I looked at it like this: which starting line-up will score me the most points? I feel I can plug in Slaton and still get a decent number of points each week, although not as much as Larry Johnson. HOWEVER, Peyton Manning will score several more points than O'Sullivan/Garrard, making up that deficit, and, overall, producing a higher-scoring starting line-up. I've sacrificed depth, but as long as my guys stay healthy, I think I'll have a better team.

What's funny is, nobody wanted Larry Johnson before this Sunday, even D. He was originally going after Portis. In this very thread Neemo said he would've been more likely to trade Peyton Manning for Jamal Lewis instead of Larry Johnson. Then Larry Johnson goes and runs for 198 yards and everyone thinks he's LT. But that was against Denver, who for the last couple of seasons continue to give up a lot of yardage to RBs. And the previous game, Larry Johnson ran all over Atlanta. Those are two bad defenses. And KC still sucks. They're going to have plenty of games this year where they're blown out early and have to abandon the run, like in week two when Johnson only had 12 carries for 19 yards.

So no, I'm not running a fever. At least, I don't think so. Only time will tell . . . 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:43:57 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »

i took a couple chances on wideouts coming off injuries

but this week was much better...if pittsburgh wasnt so shitty in the first half i woulda prolly won

anyway i'm much happier losing 101-107 (and i got negative pts from grant and only one from a WR) than 50-109 from the week before :haha:

this week should be better for me...but damn grant needs to step it up..though both d and i ended up dropping a wideout from our deal

i think its a pretty good trade between gilee and D though i wouldnt have taken Johnson...i still stick by that but the saving grace is Gonzalez cuz he is an ace TE..personally i think gilee got the better end of the deal and i still stand by the deal i made with D too...only time will tell i suppose (D i play you in week 10  Wink )

in the end it benifits both teams though you are back to medicore at QB again D..but RB's is the way of the game

edit....i was thinking of the wrong gonzalez..my bad  peace i think its pretty even but gilee has the edge, basically Johnson for Manning and then Gonzalez/Garrard for White (though white is a better fantasy starter than the other 2 IMO)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:28:17 AM by Neemo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »

NO I didnt get Tony Gonzalez, I got the Anthony Gonzalez of the COlts who is like the 4th option.

I gave up on getting Portis cause I figured Gilee wouldn't really go for that AND give me Garrard in case of Campbell sucking it up.

So, To get Garrard, I felt I had to settle for LJ.

I kind of am goin the same way with Gilee here

I lost Manning but Jason Campbell has been putting up decent pts. I gain Larry Johnson to team with Brian Westbrook and Deuce McCallister who is now back. I have Leron McClain as insurance.

Also with Chris Johnson playing so amazingly well in TENN, Lendale's production is getting less and less.

My WR are now TJ,Kevin Curtis and Hines Ward

so we really traded a starter for a starter. Peyton for LJ cause I am only using Gonzalez till Curtis is back healthy.

I feel I have done pretty decent though

I essentially turned Matt Hasselback,Brandon Jacobs and Hank Baskett into Larry Johnson,Hines Ward and David Garrard.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2008, 11:00:54 PM »

From what I've ready Kevin Curtis isn't due back anytime soon.  And I think Anthony Gonzalez may have already passed Marvin Harrison as the second option on the Colts.  So essentially Gonzales will start for you for the next several weeks at the very least and potentially longer if he continues to progress.  I still view it as 2 starters for 1.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2008, 06:51:54 PM »

D, you missed your calling dude...you'd have made one hell of a car salesman!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2008, 06:54:11 PM »

If this PTA program doesnt work out, I may have to become one! that or a senator! hihi

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2008, 09:53:39 PM »

I have two quick potential waiver wire moves I'd like some opinions on.  Nothing major, just some minor tinkering.  Of course these guys may get snagged between now and then, but anyway.  I have Antonio Bryant on one team (currently he's starting for me because of Westbrook's unknown status).  Is he worth keeping or dropping for Deion Branch?  On another team Steve Breaston is still out there.  He had a monster game last week and could be a player if Boldin is out for any amount of time.  I'd have to drop a RB for him though, probably Ricky Williams.  I currently start Barber and Selvin Young, and have LeRon McClain, Williams, and Michael Bush on my bench.  Worth dropping Williams for Breaston?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2008, 10:58:20 PM »

Absolutely

That Wildcat Offense shit aint ever gonna work again.

Also, Boldin fractured his sinus, so he will probably be out and plus with Kurt Warner, they will throw the ball around.

U also have Leron McClain who is gonna be this season's Ryan Grant.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: