Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:00:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Fantasy Football  (Read 60747 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »

Im tryin to pull off the trade of the century in another league of mine.

My team right now is:
Kurt Warner/Bret Favre
Chris Chambers
Chad Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Larry Johnson
Anthony Fasano
Earnest Graham

Bench I got:
Lance Moore
Donald Driver *Some dude released him and I got him off waivers*
Ricky Williams
Deuce McCallister

Earlier I traded
Carson Palmer, Brandon Jacobs and Anthony Gonzalez for Larry Johnson

Now I am trying to trade Earnest Graham, Calvin Johnson and Ricky Williams for Brian Westbrook

Trade seems fair right? I think so

but look at my team

Id have

Kurt Warner/Bret Favre
Chris Chambers
Chad Johnson
Donald Driver
Adrian Peterson
Brian Westbrook
Anthony Fasano
Larry Johnson

I think Id have a great shot at winning that league.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2008, 12:12:51 AM »

Is this a good/bad trade?  I already offered and it was accepted so hopefully I did alright for myself.  I am trading Westbrook, Eddie Royal, and Lance Moore for Steve Smith, Kurt Warner, and Sammy Morris.  I realize Westbrook is the best player in the deal, and I hate giving up the best player but I'm a little scared of his injuries and I feel I really need a QB in this league.  All TD's are 6 pts.  I've shuffled through Hasselbeck and O'Sullivan, now I've got Delhomme starting.  He's solid, but I feel Warner is the better play for now (till he gets hurt cuz that's inevitable).   Steve Smith lessens the loss of Westbrook a little.  Morris is just a throw in, an extra RB for bye weeks or favorable matchups perhaps. 

My team before trade
QB - Delhomme
RB - Westbrook
RB - Grant
WR - Jennings
WR - Colston (when he comes back)
TE - T. Gonzalez/Shockey (I have waiver claims for both so I should end up with one of them)
RB\WR - C. Johnson

My team after trade
QB - Warner
RB - Grant
RB - C. Johnson
WR - Jennings
WR - Colston
TE - Gonzalez/Shockey
RB/WR - S. Smith

My team is 2-3 and has been fighting the injury bug (Westbrook, Colston, Shockey).  I feel like I need to shake things up.  I get weaker at RB, but stronger at wideout and QB.  Good deal?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2008, 12:56:11 AM »

I like it

U essentially got Kurt Warner and Steve Smith for Brian Westbrook

Warner is a 10pt upgrade a week over Delhomme, Smith will get you 8-10 and with Westbrook having Cracked ribs........... Id say he will really split time with Buckhalter *SP*  I look for Westbrook to be more of a decoy/WR Reggie Bush type from now on till he heals. I doubt he will carry a lot between the tackles.

when u are 2-3, u gotta take chances.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2008, 08:38:50 AM »

I like it

U essentially got Kurt Warner and Steve Smith for Brian Westbrook

Warner is a 10pt upgrade a week over Delhomme, Smith will get you 8-10 and with Westbrook having Cracked ribs........... Id say he will really split time with Buckhalter *SP*  I look for Westbrook to be more of a decoy/WR Reggie Bush type from now on till he heals. I doubt he will carry a lot between the tackles.

when u are 2-3, u gotta take chances.

Yeah I'm usually not big on trades, but I hated the triumverant of QB's I had and having to choose which one to play each week.  Not to mention the injuries (Shockey, Westbrook, Colston).  I ended up getting Tony Gonzalez off of waivers.  I chose him over Shockey because of said injuries.  I realize the Saints are a much better offensive team than the Chiefs, but with that being said they have a lot more options on offense with Colston being one of them.  The Chiefs may suck but they really only have 3 main players who touch the ball on offense, plus I didn't feel like waiting for Shockey's next injury.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2008, 07:23:57 PM »

Faldor, at first glance, I liked the deal, now I'm torn.  These mega-deals are so hard to read.  I hate trading studs like BW.  I think your team is good before and after.  How does this change the other guys' team?  What's his record?  I'm going to guess he had another quarterback that allowed him to dump Warner.  I try to avoid giving starter value (like BW) to teams trading me a backup (like Warner)...even if the backup is starter quality.

In my main league, 12-teams, 11th year, I've made 2 trades.  I'm just not a wheeler and a dealer.  May I say though, either way, you've got a helluva team.   beer 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »

Speaking of Brian Westbrook.

I am fucked this week.

Jessica Alba is gonna rip my nuts off.

If Westbrook was healthy, I'd feel confident with The bye weeks. but Axl4prez is gonna kick my ass thanks to my depleted team.

how bout Brandon Jacobs last week!  If I hadn't traded him, he wouldve got 50 yards.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2008, 07:49:51 PM »

Speaking of Brian Westbrook.

I am fucked this week.

Jessica Alba is gonna rip my nuts off.

If Westbrook was healthy, I'd feel confident with The bye weeks. but Axl4prez is gonna kick my ass thanks to my depleted team.

how bout Brandon Jacobs last week!  If I hadn't traded him, he wouldve got 50 yards.

I can think of worse things than getting fucked by Jessica Alba!  Grin
I won't count my chicks before they hatch though.  I don't have Boldin and Shockey...
I'm still pissed I got booted off the draft...I'd have Chris Johnson right now instead of Gostkowski.  What a kick in the balls!  rant 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2008, 12:26:29 AM »

Is this a good/bad trade?  I already offered and it was accepted so hopefully I did alright for myself.  I am trading Westbrook, Eddie Royal, and Lance Moore for Steve Smith, Kurt Warner, and Sammy Morris.  I realize Westbrook is the best player in the deal, and I hate giving up the best player but I'm a little scared of his injuries and I feel I really need a QB in this league.  All TD's are 6 pts.  I've shuffled through Hasselbeck and O'Sullivan, now I've got Delhomme starting.  He's solid, but I feel Warner is the better play for now (till he gets hurt cuz that's inevitable).   Steve Smith lessens the loss of Westbrook a little.  Morris is just a throw in, an extra RB for bye weeks or favorable matchups perhaps. 

My team before trade
QB - Delhomme
RB - Westbrook
RB - Grant
WR - Jennings
WR - Colston (when he comes back)
TE - T. Gonzalez/Shockey (I have waiver claims for both so I should end up with one of them)
RB\WR - C. Johnson

My team after trade
QB - Warner
RB - Grant
RB - C. Johnson
WR - Jennings
WR - Colston
TE - Gonzalez/Shockey
RB/WR - S. Smith

My team is 2-3 and has been fighting the injury bug (Westbrook, Colston, Shockey).  I feel like I need to shake things up.  I get weaker at RB, but stronger at wideout and QB.  Good deal?

I liked the trade more before I saw that you'll now have to rely on Grant so much. Hopefully he'll get it going soon, but so far this season he's been a major bust. Warner is definitely an upgrade over Delhomme. I like Jake, but the Panthers are a run-first team, so Jake won't have too many big days; whereas it seems Warner throws for over 300 yards every game. Your WRs are definitely kickass now. Overall, I think you did a good job; you have a better starting line-up after the trade, especially with Westbrook getting injured every week. I'd be worried about depth at RB, though. No Patriot RB is really worth starting in a fantasy league; you never know who's going to get the bulk of the carries.

It seems Yahoo doesn't believe in my Shackler's Revenge team. They've predicted me to lose every week, yet I keep winning. I think the only week I was actually favored, I lost, which makes me worried about this week, since I'm predicted to win. Right now I'm feeling pretty good about the trade D and I did. I wouldn't have won without Peyton last week; and Larry Johnson rushed for only 2 yards or something. I don't think Anthony Gonzalez got him any points, either.

Here Today . . .
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2008, 04:22:13 PM »

Yeah, I'm definitely glad I traded Larry Johnson when I did. Since trading him, he rushed for 2 yards against Carolina, last week he had a bye, and this week he's been suspended by the team. Meanwhile, Peyton is coming off his two best games of the season. You guys still think D got the better end of the deal?

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »

Yeah, I'm definitely glad I traded Larry Johnson when I did. Since trading him, he rushed for 2 yards against Carolina, last week he had a bye, and this week he's been suspended by the team. Meanwhile, Peyton is coming off his two best games of the season. You guys still think D got the better end of the deal?

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong!  Nice work Gilee!   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong!  Nice work Gilee!   beer
I'm not ready to admit I'm wrong just yet.  Though it certainly appears that way right now.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2008, 01:43:08 AM »

Im not really upset at all with the trade.

I have a favorable schedule coming up after a couple of more bumps in the road and once Westbrook comes back healthy presumably after the bye week, i should get rolling again.

I looked at our league scoring and basically, the difference in Manning and the other QB's was only 5 to 6pts

I figured Larry Johnson and Hines Ward who I ultimately ended up with would more than cover that.

So for me, I still trade Hasselback,Jacobs and Baskett for Hines Ward and Larry Johnson

not a bad trade at all.

So I looked at it like, had I not got LJ, I would've had Peyton and Deuce McCallister *McClian isn't getting touches anymore*

so who scores more: Manning,Deuce? Or LJ and Derek Anderson or LJ/Jason Campbell?

I figured Campbell or Anderson/LJ *now everybody is healthy* if he reverts back to last years form, I will be in good shape.

I have Penus this week and with Westbrook on the bye week, I probably lose this week even with LJ, so it really doesn't hurt me him being out.

I get Estranged next week with Peyton against that Tennessee defense, Jamal Lewis against Jax although his other backs are against shit run defenses.

I will however, have Kevin Curtis at WR who should be at full strength and Westbrook against Atlanta. So hopefully next week, I can start stringing together some wins.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2008, 02:43:57 AM »

I sure wish I had started Lendale White this week.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2008, 07:43:23 AM »

I sure wish I had started Lendale White this week.
Ouch!!!  My team SUCKS in the HTGTH league!  I mean, I don't think I've ever had a team so bad.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2008, 08:12:24 PM »

i cant catch a fucking break to save my life in this game

Grant finally has a great game and steven fucking jackson rushes for 160 fuckign yards as the st louis fucking rams kills the damn cowboys....

what the fuck....i need welker to get like 20 fucking points tonight to win  rant

and seattle sucks a donkey dick...last week engram got me 0 points...this week he got me 0.8

whoopdy freakin doo  crying

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »

yeah, I suck

had I kept Jacobs and Lendale  White, Id be rolling a long.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2008, 08:07:43 PM »

GOD DAMN IT

Deuce McCallister caught Doping.

Larry Johnson beat a woman, suspended.

No fear right? I got Deuce McCallister.

FUCKER caught doping.

shit!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »

GOD DAMN IT

Deuce McCallister caught Doping.

Larry Johnson beat a woman, suspended.

No fear right? I got Deuce McCallister.

FUCKER caught doping.

shit!

Team "D" seems to stand for Team Delinquent!   hihi
Team Delinquent's chasing up Jessica Alba's ass trying to get that 6th playoff seed.  Good luck!  You're gonna need it.  hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2008, 05:18:10 PM »

Big Monday Night

I lead Estranged Eagles by about 33 pts

He has Manning,Lendale and TN defense.

If he exactly reaches his projections, I will win by .50

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2008, 05:43:09 PM »

Big Monday Night

I lead Estranged Eagles by about 33 pts

He has Manning,Lendale and TN defense.

If he exactly reaches his projections, I will win by .50

I don't think I'll be able to quite make up the deficit, but it should be close!! Hopefully Indy's rush defense will continue to suck, so Lendale White may have another multi-TD night . . . Jamal Lewis scored 14 points on my bench, so I'll be mad if White gets less than that. Hopefully Peyton will have a big night, though I'm not expecting much against the defense. If Peyton's gonna suck, I hope he throws a couple pick-sixes like he did last week ... At least then my defense will get points.

Of all weeks for Westbrook to return to his awesome self, it just had to be the week I played you!

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: