Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:56:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?  (Read 31894 times)
madagas
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2005, 12:11:18 PM »

Norway, movin along with Gnr-if that is what you want to call one song in 14 years-is not confidence but insecurity-fear of striking out on his own. Having the Gnr brand name brings oodles of money and opportunities not afforded to solo artists. Simple as that. Axl is a good businessman however! Roger Waters found out the hard way why it is important to keep the brand name. I think our faired haired child learned something from Waters/Floyd and that is why he played hardball with Slash/Duff back when the ship began to sink (essentially the departure of Izzy).? peace
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 01:30:02 PM by madagas » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2005, 12:54:13 PM »

hmm, yeah it is a very commercial and financial side that comes with the name,
but gunsnroses was something axl rose lived by before slash, duff etc was involved...? peace

he said he wants 2 be fully confident in the material and my guess is the long wait is that he wasn't ... yet?  Wink
but accordin 2 tommy it seem they all are now? Cheesy finally? Roll Eyes
and i think it shows some confidence 2 play rio, europe, asia etc and continue gunsnroses... glad they did? beer

That re-recorded version was good, thanks norway, but the original is better, in my opinion ok

smoking Izzy? smoking
hey, can't beat the original? ok
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 01:22:45 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2005, 01:23:53 PM »

Is there any documentation of Desmond Child's involvement?
Nope

And Im pretty sure DC or his management shot down that rumorboard rumor.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
madagas
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2005, 01:29:22 PM »

God I hope so.... Grin Norway, I do see your point. Again, the man is a walking contradiction. He is cocksure and confident on one hand-paranoid and insecure on the other. Most talented people are like this however Axl is a little more fractured than most.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2005, 01:43:34 PM »

Most talented people are like this however Axl is a little more fractured than most.
lol, sounds good 2 me, but dunno what fractured is, but yeah nice? beer
some songs seems 2 come from such a (lottery here  Roll Eyes ) fractured place...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 01:49:09 PM by norway » Logged

madagas
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2005, 02:02:56 PM »

Damaged emotionally-childhood issues, anger, shock of becoming too rich too soon, etc. Axl has alot of baggage emotionally. However, he seemed more content with himself on the 2002 tour-seemed frankly more happy. Probably why he is not the angry psychotic rocker he was during the AFD era and the beginning of the Illusion tour. After Axl had therapy, I think his whole personality and demeanor changed. He will never be the angry sociopath that he was during the AFD era. Thus, you will never get RAWK like that from him again. Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2005, 02:17:27 PM »

so many say?but to me he doesn't seem to be that complicated.  Undecided

Well, since I'm not close to him, there may be great differences between what I heard and what I see.?
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2005, 03:21:17 PM »

Damaged emotionally-childhood issues, anger, shock of becoming too rich too soon, etc. Axl has alot of baggage emotionally. However, he seemed more content with himself on the 2002 tour-seemed frankly more happy. Probably why he is not the angry psychotic rocker he was during the AFD era and the beginning of the Illusion tour. After Axl had therapy, I think his whole personality and demeanor changed. He will never be the angry sociopath that he was during the AFD era. Thus, you will never get RAWK like that from him again. Undecided
lets hope he has enough vinegar and anger in him that his eyes goes black in rage durin the performances then...? Cheesy
oh-no, did i just wish him that? Wink some emotions works good tho? yes

some shows are a lil' weak, but in many new gigs, axl is just rippin on the vocals better than ever i mean... you heard?
is goin fucking cracy? Shocked
i really like when axl curses a lot an has that aggresive attitude, wake up, you gonna fuckin diiiiieeee headbanger

« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 03:28:52 PM by norway » Logged

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2005, 03:28:01 PM »

lets hope he has enough vinegar and anger in him that his eyes goes black in rage durin the performances...? nervous
oh-no, did i just wish him that? Wink some emotions works good tho? yes

some shows are a lil' weak, but in many new gigs, axl is just rippin on the vocals better than ever i mean... you heard?
i really like when axl curses a lot an has that aggresive attitude, wake up, you gonna fuckin diiiiieeee headbanger

Yeah I also hope he still has the aggresion to write songs like Welcome To The Jungle and It's So Easy? Smiley

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2005, 04:36:22 PM »

Steven Tyler didnt say he hated all his music in the 90's

what he said was

"The record label has 3 or 4 songs that you have to write to sell records, i hate it but this is a business so you have to do those 3 or 4 songs to be able to do what you wanna do."

he hated having to write "angel" and syrupy songs like that but in order to make records and stay on top it was a compromise he had to take.

ill say it right now officially

if desmond child is working with Axl that means Axl doesnt have very many lyrics or melodies wrote at all and this whole time the delay has been due to writer's block and not a perfectionist complex.

that would be scary

if DC is working with Axl something is severely wrong.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2005, 05:31:31 PM »

True

Once CD is released, we'll be able to compare it to the first Snakepit album and see then who is top of the class

...Yeah. I just wanted to say "Ouch. That was harsh."
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2005, 06:39:57 PM »

who said young people can't appreciate good music Tongue
and yeah, the odds are good w\ gnr either way you see it imo, and the music is the most important peace

It's just that most young people follow trends in clothes, music and pretty much everything Wink
But that doesn't mean all youngin's do ok (did I just say youngin's, I'm going crazy ?crying)

smoking Izzy ?smoking

I FOR ONE am not one of those mindless youngin's LOL Who feel like their need for existence is based on how well they follow the banal pop culture. I am disgusted with the majority of my generation but for the most part am disgusted with the generations to come. But I feel that ppl know Great music when they hear it so if Chinese Democracy is half as good as I think it will be, then bullshit like LiL Jon,Usher, and the FUCKING AMERICAN IDOL SINGERS will finally have the focus taken off of it long enough for it to finally DIE!! lol Remember when appetite came out bands like Winger and fuckin POISON were popular, It was a bad time for music....Kinda like now. So I am very confident that Chinese Democracy will stir shit up and the music industry and Artists can live off of talent instead of what fucking outfit they're wearing or car they're driving.

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2005, 09:31:04 PM »

It's just that most young people follow trends in clothes, music and pretty much everything Wink
But that doesn't mean all youngin's do ok (did I just say youngin's, I'm going crazy ?crying)

smoking Izzy ?smoking

I FOR ONE am not one of those mindless youngin's LOL Who feel like their need for existence is based on how well they follow the banal pop culture. I am disgusted with the majority of my generation but for the most part am disgusted with the generations to come. But I feel that ppl know Great music when they hear it so if Chinese Democracy is half as good as I think it will be, then bullshit like LiL Jon,Usher, and the FUCKING AMERICAN IDOL SINGERS will finally have the focus taken off of it long enough for it to finally DIE!! lol Remember when appetite came out bands like Winger and fuckin POISON were popular, It was a bad time for music....Kinda like now. So I am very confident that Chinese Democracy will stir shit up and the music industry and Artists can live off of talent instead of what fucking outfit they're wearing or car they're driving.

yeah, nice post-agree, idol bad- and i do not the age matters much either, regardless of fanbase  yes
 + there are other in the band? Wink ...for those who also appreciate the image side 2 a band...
but most important gunsnroses will hopefully be aknowledged 4 their music, which is most whats about? ?beer

axlsfriend
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2005, 12:05:20 AM »

i think that with the sucess of vr proving they can be some sort of force in todays music and possiblly a sucessful tour and equally or bigger sucessful chinese democracy album I feel a reunion would not be far away I feel with contra band and democracy both groups would feel complete and could put their differences aside.  But i think the thing that will prevent this is Axl's new deal w/ sanctuary to use the old music.  I have a feeling songs like paradise city in the longest yard  movie is going to be rerecorded along with plenty of other old classics in the future.  This will leave a feud between the band till death, and we will never see them together. 
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2005, 07:46:57 AM »

Not since they are out. Smiley
Once they got rid of Axl,  everyday is like christmas and birthday together for them Smiley
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2005, 08:55:49 AM »

Well Gn'R did start out as a glam rock band so you can't say image ain't important to Axl? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2005, 07:01:07 PM »

Do you think the Ex GNR members realize that although Axl was hard to deal with,? his talents and abilities kinda give him a pass with his whole "behavior problem"? Like I get the idea from the VR camp that Scott is this lil premidonna biatch and falls short of what the ex members are used to.

Meaning if your going to be a prmidonna you better step up. I think that in a weird way the ex members can relate to Axl more than Scott. They know Axl is? fucked up but they know that he also hits a home run when writing and performing so they cant say much about his other stuff.

But with Soctt...he tries to be this savior for rock badass type thing but just doesnt pull it off when being compared to what wa sbefore him. I wonder if the ex members get frustrated with the fact that they once had somehting so special yet its all gone simply because their ex frontman is kinda crazy....and now have to move on with a good but not great frontman....even though Slash and Duff are great in thier own right have to take a step down in terms of the team thing

do ya think slash is happy today when he's off GNR forever?  Roll Eyes
...I never read a shit like this before, this tread makes no sense!  rant

jgfnsr
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2005, 07:29:39 PM »

do ya think slash is happy today when he's off GNR forever?? Roll Eyes
...I never read a shit like this before, this tread makes no sense!? rant

"This tread makes no sense."

? ? - AxlRoseVen (king of sensibility here at HTGTH)  Roll Eyes

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2005, 07:35:42 PM »

...I never read a shit like this before, this tread makes no sense!? rant

Not trying to be mean, it's just that I'm getting really tired of your posts about nothing. You just described the majority of your own posts with that sentence. Just replace "tread" with "post".

If you want to keep posting here, I suggest you take a break and just read the board for a while until you understand how it works.

Otherwise I'm afraid you'll be out of here faster than you can say "Scott Weiland". You're spamming threads with shit about Scott Weiland doing heroin.  As far as I know, that guy's not in GN'R, so why mention him in so many threads in the GN'R sections?

Consider this your last warning.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2005, 07:41:17 PM »

Do you think the Ex GNR members realize that although Axl was hard to deal with,? his talents and abilities kinda give him a pass with his whole "behavior problem"? Like I get the idea from the VR camp that Scott is this lil premidonna biatch and falls short of what the ex members are used to.

Meaning if your going to be a prmidonna you better step up. I think that in a weird way the ex members can relate to Axl more than Scott. They know Axl is? fucked up but they know that he also hits a home run when writing and performing so they cant say much about his other stuff.

But with Soctt...he tries to be this savior for rock badass type thing but just doesnt pull it off when being compared to what wa sbefore him. I wonder if the ex members get frustrated with the fact that they once had somehting so special yet its all gone simply because their ex frontman is kinda crazy....and now have to move on with a good but not great frontman....even though Slash and Duff are great in thier own right have to take a step down in terms of the team thing

Well, sometimes no matter how much you want something to work out with someone, certain things have happened between you and them that make it impossible to have what you once had. ?Even though Axl was very talented, whatever about him (or the situation) that made all the other guys leave him outweighs the good things Axl brought.

Also, when certain things happen in your life, whether it's between you and that person or just what you go through mentally and in life, you can't go back to the way things used to be. ?You can't do things the way you used to or think the way you used to or have the same kind of relationship with someone that you used to have. ?No matter what your age is, you are always growing and maturing.

Also, when you look back at things that happened in the past, it's a lot different from when you lived through those things.

When someone has made you suffer like that, it is hard to trust them again, so no matter what happens in the future, things aren't going to be the same as they used to be. ?If the ex-members did see Axl again or play with him again, who's to say if they'd have the chemistry that they used to. ?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: