Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter  (Read 80143 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2004, 05:44:47 PM »

New Fiona Apple...im a little suprised at your omission of my name from the list of Wrestling "believers".

Yeah me too, i feel betrayed.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2004, 05:47:21 PM »

Wrestling isn't THAT big....

/jarmo

I beg to differ...but will not turn this into a wrestling popularity thread...its not about that!

I like this rumour more than any ove heard but will treat it as ever as a rumour and nothing else.

The reason being is i love Wrestling and WM is awesome!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2004, 05:47:58 PM »

Wrestling=Great
GN'R=Great

Good thing if GN'R did this is the exposure they would get cos despite what you wrestling haters think Wrestlemania is the one PPV a year you watch, you can flip off the other 11 but not this, and this year it is number 20 the big motherfucker that they have been promoting for years and as things stand aside from 'The Rock' and 'Mick Foley' turning out no legends look like they are gonna be returning.  The line-up looks a bit dull, it needs some big shock which could be GN'R.  Personally i think it will not happen i just can't imagine it, i mean 'Your in the Jungle Brock....You're Gonna die'.

One thing i do not like about this rumour is i generally associate WWE with music i do not like although there have been exceptions.  Monster Magnet do Matt Hardy's theme and Metallica did the Summerslam theme.

The likes of Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Drowning Pool, Puddle of Mudd are all associated, bands i would not piss on if they were on fire but hell who knows GN'R may do it.

P.S. No offence to any Limp Bizkit fans (D) or any of the others i slagged off  ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2004, 05:50:07 PM »

This thread is not about Wrestling its about GNR PLAYING the greatest live spectacle in the world, beamed to 100's of countries worldwide.

They're playing at the final in the football (soccer) World Cup?  hihi

Personally I think it's a misunderstanding just like that "club gig" where it turned out to be Adler's Appetite performing.

/jarmo

If it is a misunderstanding it ain't the same kind cos there is no way Adler's Appetite would play a show as big as Wrestlemania XX
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2004, 05:53:53 PM »

If it is a misunderstanding it ain't the same kind cos there is no way Adler's Appetite would play a show as big as Wrestlemania XX

I mean, just because somebody made a remake of a GN'R song, doesn't mean GN'R is gonna be performing....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2004, 05:58:21 PM »

I mean, just because somebody made a remake of a GN'R song, doesn't mean GN'R is gonna be performing....

/jarmo

I know but at the same time Vinnie Mac would only have GN'R doing a GN'R song no cheap imitation or crap band around today covering them
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2004, 06:06:18 PM »

Thinking about this a bit more, let's hope that this appearance isn't a promo for a GH CD with a remade WTTJ included as a "bonus track" no  The Police did the same on their GH release in 1986
 beer
joe
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2004, 06:06:58 PM »

Anything is possible - I believe it. Why? Because
Columbia Records & World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. have joined forces, the cd was released on january 13.There was a statement released by Vince McMahon who is the WWE chairman.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2004, 06:12:09 PM »

Thinking about this a bit more, let's hope that this appearance isn't a promo for a GH CD with a remade WTTJ included as a "bonus track" no  The Police did the same on their GH release in 1986
 beer
joe

I was just going to mention the GH. The timing is perfect for the GH if the rumors of the March 30 GH release are true.
Evolution
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2004, 06:28:22 PM »

wow!serves me right for not checking the board earlier today here!gnr performing at wm would without a doubt be brilliant because what with wrestlemania being in madison square garden in new york the media in new york with be all over this event.every year it is a event worth running a story on in the newspapers so guns n' roses playing there would be considered major news for the likes of mtv and vince mcmahon is notorious for doing anything for some headlines in the press.in recent years he has had a wrestler(kane) accused of necrophilia,teased the gay wedding of a tag team(billy and chuck),made the undertaker develop satanic traits and participated in some fairly rough wrestling angles with his son,daughter and wife.so think about it in vince's head,he wants his event,his pride and joy wrestlemania to go down in history as the best ever and be talked about for years to come so what better way to make it go off with a bang by having the most dangerous band in the world make their comeback.the vma's in 2002 were shite but they are still talked about because of the 10 minute set guns n' roses did.so basically in my view gnr at wrestlemania is a very good thing for me as a wrestling fan and as well as a music fan.
 another thing i noticed.the subtitle for wrestlemania xx featured on advertisments is "where it all begins...again" a blind man could see what im saying there!possibly a wry hint from vinnie mac??
when you consider the amount of people who see the event live,on tape delay and then on video or dvd years later imagine what percentage will say to themselves "fuck that band kicks ass" and purchases cds,merch etc. turned possibly millions more into gnr.
 i feel that a performance at wm xx would be a VERY shrewd move from axl and vince mcmahon

p.s thanks fiona apple!

Evolution
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2004, 06:36:32 PM »

I forgot about that sub-title to the event...great point Evolution, it goes hand in hand..

Joe
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2004, 06:49:51 PM »

idont care anymore, gnr could have the theme song to dawsons creek and id be happy! just get summat out!

...okay, so i would be concerned, but at least thered be some news! argh! lol

Back In Power
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2004, 07:03:37 PM »

wasnt GNR dednied to make a new version of WTTJ on Black Hawk Down? if so, why should they be allowed to make one for WWE?

playing it live instead of releasing it on a soundtrack?
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2004, 07:14:57 PM »

is Jimmy "the superfly" Snuka wrestling at XX

Cheesy

Axl will ROCK at XX....fuck ya
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2004, 07:32:36 PM »

Whether is Wrestlemania or running of the bulls in pamplona, I don't care. but WTTJ remix?? what kinda shit is that?Huh
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2004, 07:37:28 PM »

This thread is not about Wrestling its about GNR PLAYING the greatest live spectacle in the world, beamed to 100's of countries worldwide.

Personally I think it's a misunderstanding just like that "club gig" where it turned out to be Adler's Appetite performing.

/jarmo

jarmo,
  Believe it or not...it is.  Take a look at WWE's financials from last year to get an idea of how big.  I remember reading an article last year that said the Big PPV companies (InDemand, DirectTV, etc) make something like 25% - 30% (and maybe more) of their TOTAL yearly revenue from Wrestling PPV's, and about 8% to 10% of that is from 'Mania alone.   Make no mistake about it...Wrestling, while not enjoying the popularity it did in years past, is still a HUGE moneymaker.  

Oh, and it IS beamed to hundreds of countries, world wide.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2004, 07:39:35 PM »

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2004, 07:45:27 PM »

Yeah i notice on ticketmaster that wrestling is always like in top ten for tickets. Oh well used to be into wrestling now music  Smiley In a couple of weeks we should hear something offical from wwe. Although with gnr its very quite when it comes to doing a gig...

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
RyanMFGs
Rocker

GN F'N R, MFGs

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2004, 07:57:30 PM »

Motorhead performed live one year haha but usually the bands/songs do suck.

I look at it as a performing art, like theater, rather than a sport, it's less embarassing that way  ok

but yeah this Sunday is a PPV and then after that they're going to start head on full ass promotion of Wrestlemania. It's like March 14th or something at MSG, so the stage would be set for a GN'R Performance, hoping to hell it's not a Jungle remake though, that'd be a little lame.

So a week from tonight, meaning next Monday on RAW, they'll start the big time Wrestlemania promotion, including the official song, etc. so if it's gonna be GNR we'll know next Monday.

Later guys,

and oh yeah Meltzer is probably the top source in all of wrestling journalism, if there is a such thing, so I'd trust his word over anything (www.wrestlingobserver.com)

later guys.

To think the one you love could hurt ya now, it's a little hard to believe.. but everybody darlin sometimes bites thehand that feeds.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2004, 09:26:48 PM »

/jarmo

No offence Jarmo - but Soccer (or Football) is not exactly an interest in North America.  Nobody cares.  plain and simple.  Nobody cares if Manchester United wins the Crown Trophy of The Wales Cup of Scandinavia (yes I made that up) in North America.  Soccer here is mostly for the immigrants.  Wrestling is bigger.  Soccer is lower than golf and curling here. As a matter of fact - 5 pin bowling might even rival it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 09:31:32 PM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: