Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:41:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter  (Read 80544 times)
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2004, 10:53:59 PM »

This thread is not about Wrestling its about GNR PLAYING the greatest live spectacle in the world, beamed to 100's of countries worldwide.

They're playing at the final in the football (soccer) World Cup?  hihi

Wrestling isn't THAT big....

Personally I think it's a misunderstanding just like that "club gig" where it turned out to be Adler's Appetite performing.

/jarmo

No offence Jarmo - but Soccer (or Football) is not exactly an interest in North America.  Nobody cares.  plain and simple.  Nobody cares if Manchester United wins the Crown Trophy of The Wales Cup of Scandinavia (yes I made that up) in North America.  Soccer here is mostly for the immigrants.  Wrestling is bigger.  Soccer is lower than golf and curling here. As a matter of fact - 5 pin bowling might even rival it.

ya canada and the us might as well be the only 2 countries in the world that doesn't strictly follow any soccer league...its a shame, champions league kicks ass,

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
PS_PoWeR
Headliner

PoWeR!!

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2004, 10:59:50 PM »

LOL, now look what you guys did!!

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_7079.shtml

Now someone will use this as a source on another GNR board! The cycle continues!
GNR-Rules
This space was intentionally left blank
Rocker

I used to live behind Tower Records on sunset!

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2004, 11:00:02 PM »

GNR at Wrestlemania would be awesome. Not to mention the rest of the good matches at the PPV. P.S. I am a big wrestling fan as well..

Chinese Democracy Starts Right Now!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2004, 11:03:39 PM »

wrestlemania isnt just some event it is huge, i dont know how many different countries but its a shitload millions and millions will see it

good news

im in contact with a person at www.prowrestling.com which is a much respected wrestling site and they cant confirm its true but theyve also read it which means the dude who started this thread isnt full of shit

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2004, 11:07:14 PM »

LOL, now look what you guys did!!

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_7079.shtml

Now someone will use this as a source on another GNR board! The cycle continues!

"For what it's worth, there is a rumor floating around Guns'n'Roses message boards that they're going to perform at WrestleMania 20. "

hahah, fuckin priceless, next thing you know it'll be on entertainment tonight, rumors swirling from gnr website about performing at ww20

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2004, 11:22:27 PM »

wrestlemania isnt just some event it is huge, i dont know how many different countries but its a shitload millions and millions will see it

good news

im in contact with a person at www.prowrestling.com which is a much respected wrestling site and they cant confirm its true but theyve also read it which means the dude who started this thread isnt full of shit
Would that be Tracey Russell?
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2004, 11:41:37 PM »

I agree wrestling is huge but so was ricky martin, doesn't mean there is any substance to it. I'm not dissing on wrestling, I think it could be a very good move, just as good as being on M.T.V, but you also have to take into account that the next gn'r concert you go to may have a few more lovers of sheep that like to hunt coons  and have sexual relations from close relatives that go to the show yelling yee-haw after the song they like most gets played.... take no offense not all wrestling fans are like that, just 70-80 percent of them.

What Goes around comes around!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2004, 11:46:39 PM »

that was the dumbest shit ive ever read dude, have u been under a fuckin rock for the last 10 years? wrestling is not your hillbilly redneck shit, it is very mainstream one of the top rated shows on cable and its pay perview buy rates are always at the top

id say over 20 million people all over the world will be watching wrestlemania, u cant get much better exposure than that, and since u obviously dont know shit, the main demographic that watches wrestling is the 18-34 age group

what age group do u think gnr are targeting? exactamundo einstein 18-34 year olds, so this i think would be an excellent move!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2004, 11:49:45 PM »

I was a fan when it was actually good from 96-2001...when WCW competed with WWF (Sting, Hogan, Macho Man, nWo, etc).  Now I could care less, but it's starting to get big again.  On top of that MILLIONS of people will be watching the biggest pay per view event of all WrestleMania XX.  Just think bars around the world, the sold out crowd, etc will all experience Guns N' Roses at there best.  It needs to happen.
Go for it AXL you need to get started, and this is definately a good move.  
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2004, 11:52:02 PM »

This is so fucking funny.  About a week or 2 ago there was a thread about all of the rumours surrounding GN'R.  I swear on my life I was gonna mention this one as a joke but I never got around to it.  People can be so predictable
(and gullable) when it comes to GN'R.  

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2004, 12:00:31 AM »

that was the dumbest shit ive ever read dude, have u been under a fuckin rock for the last 10 years? wrestling is not your hillbilly redneck shit, it is very mainstream one of the top rated shows on cable and its pay perview buy rates are always at the top

id say over 20 million people all over the world will be watching wrestlemania, u cant get much better exposure than that, and since u obviously dont know shit, the main demographic that watches wrestling is the 18-34 age group

what age group do u think gnr are targeting? exactamundo einstein 18-34 year olds, so this i think would be an excellent move!

obviously you didn't read my post, I said it would be a good move as far as promoting to a certain age group......and another thing, ease up man, coming on here and flaming people who make an obviously stereotypical remark just for shit's and giggles should not anger you that much. and no I don't watch wrestling because well, I have better things to do with my time than watch the same storylines being repeated over and over again...and watching 300 pound guy's with barely no clothing on, and I know it's not real but I don't think it's ever gonna win an emmy for writing either.  but then again you don't care about substance, you like bon jovi....

GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2004, 12:03:26 AM »

I don't want to take sides in this little "argument," but that Bon Jovi remark was the best burn I have read in a LONG time.

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
POPmetal
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2004, 12:24:05 AM »

but then again you don't care about substance, you like bon jovi....

After reading your first post about the sheep, I didn't think you can post anything dumber (and I don't even like wrestling), but then you had to go post this Roll Eyes
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2004, 12:31:22 AM »

Long time lurker here.  I read you guys arguments every day.  Here's some more fuel for the fire.

I have a buddy who gets this wrestling newsletter via email.  He knows i'm a GnR freak so he emailed me this part:

WRESTLING  365  NEWSLETTER
Monday, February 9, 2004 - Issue #160

Wrestling 365 is the most widely read pro wrestling
newsletter in the world. It's enjoyed every day by industry
power players, many top wrestlers and subscribed to by
thousands of fans around the world.

IN TODAY'S EDITION OF WRESTLING 365

- Tons of exclusive notes on WrestleMania XX
- RAW does huge business in Japan
- News on another big WWE oversea event
- Media articles on Kurt Angle and others
- Major League Wrestling cancels... AGAIN!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRAIGHT FROM THE MAT - W365 NEWSWIRE

Wrestling365 has learned that the latest
incarnation of Guns N' Roses are negotiating
with WWE reps to perform live at WrestleMania
XX. The band have recently recorded a remake
of "Welcome To! The Jun gle" which could end up
being the official pay-per-view theme song.
A WWE insider told us: "Nothing is confirmed
but we're keeping our fingers crossed."

-I seriously doubt it too.  But just wanted to pass it along.
Discuss.
This may well be the most realistic "rumor" we've seen in a couple of years. This makes total sense. Wrestling is one of the top rated shows on basic cable. WM is the top PPV event in the industry. And this is the 20th anniversary of a landmark show. When WM started it was the biggest, most original idea in Wrestling. The mainstream press will probably be all over the 20th anniversary show at Madison Square Garden where the WWF(E now) got it's start. And an opportunity to play this show is just what GNR needs to convince todays music buyers that they are for real. If you people are really fans you'll be praying this is true. WM is certainly going to get more mainstream attention than Rock in Rio, which most average, casual music fans don't even know exists. This could be huge. Thanks for the info, if it's true.  beer

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2004, 12:32:38 AM »

Someone coming out and saying they like wrestling isn't exactly an endorsement for the American education system. I would hope only hillbillies liked this crap.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2004, 01:04:31 AM »

I hate when people look down upon wrestling fans, as if we're a lower form of humanity. Entertainment is entertainment. Period. GNR and wrestling, I'm sure, both have the same demographic, and they go hand-in-hand: American rock-n-roll and guys kickin's other guys' ass! Maybe Bucket will do some backstage skits or something. It'd be quite funny.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
POPmetal
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2004, 01:11:31 AM »

Someone coming out and saying they like wrestling isn't exactly an endorsement for the American education system. I would hope only hillbillies liked this crap.

Some would say the same thing about people coming out and saying they like AFD.

I don't like wrestling, but I could totally see why a lot of GN'R fans would be into it and vice versa. It would be a great promotional tool if they were to play new songs there, but rehashing WTTJ once again is a bad idea.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2004, 01:13:49 AM »

glad to see somone agrees with me. no offense wrestling fan's....thats not to say your stupid for watching it ok. so don't get all defensive, but you gotta admit, its not exactly shakespearian. but that's the fault of the people who put it on. and yes wrestlers are great athletes.

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2004, 01:14:23 AM »

wow, this thread has 5 pages already...I thinks it's a big joke that GNR would perform in Wrestlemania. I don't believe, you shoudn't believe it...'cause it's not happening, GNR is much too big for this kind of event. wrestlemania....damn, how low could Axl go?
PS_PoWeR
Headliner

PoWeR!!

« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2004, 01:17:19 AM »

Yeah for real guys, and its only ONE little unofficial online newsletter! I've never even heard of the thing! How credible can it be when the big news sources and wwe.com mention nothing about it!

Can someone point us to a web page or a credible source please. I get the feeling WMXX will come and go, and still no GN'R. And this thread will fade out like all the other useless rumor threads.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 01:18:05 AM by PS_PoWeR » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: