Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:45:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slither has NO chorus
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slither has NO chorus  (Read 15124 times)
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« on: May 10, 2004, 05:37:44 PM »

It?s sick drool

The song Slither has NO chorus Angry

It?s ridiculous.  crying

That "part" of the song ("here comes the water...") wich everybody (including the band) considers to be the chorus is actually a bridge to a chorus that NEVER comes.  Huh

It?s the BIGGEST shame that Izzy is not on this band.  Cry

It?s a shame Slash did have "higher aspirations" to this band and did NOT want to throw the things in the Van and go out and play (with Izzy & Duff singing).  no

Because these guys (Slash, Duff & Matt) are the best in what they do and they can?t even get a chorus in their fucking FIRST SINGLE.  rant

Ok, if Slither was a filler (and it was said the album does not have any). But no chorus on the fisrt SINGLE?  drool

And the weird thing is, if they (Matt, Duff, Slash) had never been in Guns n Roses, they would be like the best band around today.  ok

But since it?s pretty hard to avoid comparing both... One can not help saying that they need Izzy so bad that it?s shocking.  Shocked

One day Izzy and Dee Dee Ramone will be recognized among the greatest songwriters of modern rock n roll.  Cheesy

Fuck, listen to 53rd and 3rd  crying and Sweet Caress love !
Dizzy
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 05:50:29 PM »

Bah, so what.  GNR's greatest song, "Estranged" doesn't have a proper chorus either.  It only has a couple repeated mini verses.
kockstar99
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 06:24:01 PM »

comparing Slither to Estranged???  Those two songs should never be mentioned in the same sentence... no matter how small.....I always thought Slither sucks too...Set Me Free isnt that good either... The cover of Pink Floyd's "Money" was good but that was a cover.... I want to hear a full bootleg before i give this band any credit for thier original songs.... I think the ones Izzy wrote will be the best ones.... Slash and Duff and Matt are not very good song writers...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 06:26:49 PM by Kockstar99 » Logged
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 06:31:14 PM »

What are you talking about no chorus? rofl If that isn't a chorus, I don't know what definition you're using.  From the sound of the reviews, this band is doing just fine.  I love Izzy, think hes a songwriting genius...wouldn't mind him in the band.  However, if he and duff were singing, VR wouldn't be taken nearly as seriously as they are now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 06:32:57 PM by oldleadbelly » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 06:50:51 PM »

I love Izzy, think hes a songwriting genius...wouldn't mind him in the band.  However, if he and duff were singing, VR wouldn't be taken nearly as seriously as they are now.

I dig Izzy as well but agree with leadbelly fully.  Weiland gets them into places they couldn't even sniff with Izzy or Duff fronting the band (IE KROQ and other Modern Rock heavyweights).

Back on topic...

Who gives a fuck?  The song is getting played all over the place, climbing the charts,, et al.

Bitching about structure is just looking for something to bitch about IMO.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 07:56:55 PM »

Its a popular song and the way VR plays it live would be a good closer, almost as good as negative creep was last night

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
kockstar99
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 08:00:39 PM »

Its a popular song and the way VR plays it live would be a good closer, almost as good as negative creep was last night

is there any bootlegs or pictures yet??
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 08:05:06 PM »

is there any bootlegs or pictures yet??

Pics can be found here..

http://www.artgumbo.com/BE/VR/contraband_era_live4.php

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 08:22:46 PM »

Wait..so youre telling me that the part of the song Ive liked all this time isnt actually the chorus, but the bridge?!  Well this changes everything.  Im devestated.  Roll Eyes

What are you talking about?  How is that "part" not the chorus?
kockstar99
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 08:31:25 PM »

Rock n roll... Thanks dude.... beer
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 09:03:19 PM »

Slither has NO chorus

NO, GOD, NO!!! My WORLD is falling apart!

Welcome to non-standard music, it's good too.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 09:21:22 PM »

It?s sick drool

The song Slither has NO chorus Angry

It?s ridiculous.  crying

That "part" of the song ("here comes the water...") wich everybody (including the band) considers to be the chorus is actually a bridge to a chorus that NEVER comes.  Huh

It?s the BIGGEST shame that Izzy is not on this band.  Cry

It?s a shame Slash did have "higher aspirations" to this band and did NOT want to throw the things in the Van and go out and play (with Izzy & Duff singing).  no

Because these guys (Slash, Duff & Matt) are the best in what they do and they can?t even get a chorus in their fucking FIRST SINGLE.  rant

Ok, if Slither was a filler (and it was said the album does not have any). But no chorus on the fisrt SINGLE?  drool

And the weird thing is, if they (Matt, Duff, Slash) had never been in Guns n Roses, they would be like the best band around today.  ok

But since it?s pretty hard to avoid comparing both... One can not help saying that they need Izzy so bad that it?s shocking.  Shocked

One day Izzy and Dee Dee Ramone will be recognized among the greatest songwriters of modern rock n roll.  Cheesy

Fuck, listen to 53rd and 3rd  crying and Sweet Caress love !

You really need to find a hobby.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 10:34:04 PM »

Just because the word "Slither" isnt said, doesn't mean there isn't a chorus in the song.

Man, what a stupid topic. confused

Slither rocks.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 10:47:22 PM »

comparing Slither to Estranged???  Those two songs should never be mentioned in the same sentence... no matter how small.....I always thought Slither sucks too...Set Me Free isnt that good either... The cover of Pink Floyd's "Money" was good but that was a cover.... I want to hear a full bootleg before i give this band any credit for thier original songs.... I think the ones Izzy wrote will be the best ones.... Slash and Duff and Matt are not very good song writers...

He didn't "compare" Estranged to Slither. He just said that neither had choruses. You my friend are in the minority saying that Slitehr sucks but everyone is entitled to an opinion.  As for the songs Izzy wrote being the best ones..well they didn't make the album so they won't be the best ones......

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 02:19:43 AM »

I love Izzy and think he's a great guitarist, but all these people keep saying how the best VR songs would be the ones written by him, when I've yet to hear any Izzy solo songs that are on par with GN'R material he wrote.

And people keep forgetting, VR is NOT GN'R so why should they sound exactly like GN'R???

They sound like a kickass modern hard rock band with hints of classic elements from STP and GN'R and that suits me just fine. beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2004, 02:25:27 AM »

slither is a bad ass motherfuckin song

it kills anything by audioslave

it is better than chinese democracy the song

this song is growing like fuck on me, i love it! and when i see the video im proud as fuck of these guys!

they fuckin rock, get off velvet revolver slither is the shit!

and this is comin from an axl nuttswinger from hell!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kockstar99
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 02:28:41 AM »

He didn't "compare" Estranged to Slither. He just said that neither had choruses.
and i said that they should not be used in the same sentence.. coz one is a masterpiece and one is a piece of something else... nothing like having to post the same thing twice... confused

You my friend are in the minority saying that Slitehr sucks
reeeeeely? start a Poll and see...

As for the songs Izzy wrote being the best ones..well they didn't make the album so they won't be the best ones......
how do you know this???
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2004, 03:22:34 AM »

kockstar i love your posts i think u are an awesome dude! and i agree with almost everything u usually post

but dude slither is awesome!

true its not on estranged scale but then again what is?

but u cant really compare VR to GNR cause its totally different

i didnt like slither the first few times i heard it, but now i really really love it

just like oh my god by gnr i hated it the first 20 times i heard it, now its one of my favs

i hated garden of eden for 12 years now its one of my favs

Slither has an awesome riff, nice vocals, great solo, great energy its kick ass!

the videos kinda shit, i dont understand it at all but they look cool playin!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2004, 03:57:41 AM »

He didn't "compare" Estranged to Slither. He just said that neither had choruses.
and i said that they should not be used in the same sentence.. coz one is a masterpiece and one is a piece of something else... nothing like having to post the same thing twice... confused

You also started your post with "comparing Slither to Estranged???" which he didn't do. I got that right from your post. I am not making shit up here.

You my friend are in the minority saying that Slitehr sucks
reeeeeely? start a Poll and see...

No need to start a poll. The reaction on the VR boards is great. Not to mention the song is climbing up the charts with no signs of slowing down.

As for the songs Izzy wrote being the best ones..well they didn't make the album so they won't be the best ones......
how do you know this???

Because Slash just said it in an interview. Once again. not making shit up..

SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 04:58:06 AM »

Man...talk about hijacking a thread. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: