Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:06:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Thank god for Velvet Revolver !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank god for Velvet Revolver !  (Read 28581 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2004, 05:29:44 PM »

Axl did not destory anything.
Slash and duff were just as much to blame.
Dont believe it here ya go.

Thanks to eva for this research.

10/30/96

LIVE!!!! From "Burning Hills", California...

Due to overwhelming enthusiasm, and that "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude....

....Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses endeavors... he has not been musically involved with Guns N" Roses since April 1994 with the exception of a BRIEF feel period with Zakk Wylde and a 2 week initial period with Guns N' Roses in the late fall of '95. He (Slash) has been "OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY" outside of the
Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995.

Nothing here is Subject To Change
Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION
Of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic"
SINCERELY,
W. Axl Rose
-----------------------------------------------
Slash Goes Back to the Snakepit
Former Gunner Slash assembles new band for second Snakepit album
October 20, 1999
"I sort of made a half-assed attempt at going back to Guns," he says. "But at the end of the day it was half-hearted, and I realized it wasn't going to happen....
-----------
www.metal-sludge.com/Cele...Round1.htm
Slash: "I quit the group because of musical differences. I wanted to continue doing the hard rock thing, and he wanted to do techno-rock or something. We?re still to see the end result. I just do what I do because that?s what I like doing, but his thing seems to be a little more convoluted."
---------------------------
Digging the Pit
by Sandy Masuo

Slash: I thought we were just getting good at what we were doing and Axl headed in a different direction. I was basically too fucking stubborn -- still trying to perfect the one thing I was just getting good at to be able to go there. My whole trip is still based around the same original concept from when I started playing when I was 15? For me it?s basically all the same shit, and as far as what Axl had in mind I?m still waiting for the [next] Guns N? Roses record to come out to see what that was. That?ll be a huge relief for me.
---------------------------
March 20, 2001
JEFF VRABEL | STAFF WRITER
www.nudeasthenews.com/interviews/42

Slash: I have heard some of the new band, and it's exactly what Axl wanted to do. It's the exact thing he was working on when I quit. It's finally immortalized.
-------------------------------------------

Neurotic Outsiders chat, December 17, 1996
hem.passagen.se/snoqalf/t...hat-s.html

JH Duff, is GNR going to change their style? Is that what Axl wants?
DUFF McKAGEN I don't know. We progress naturally. As far as the rumor that one person wants us to change, that's just not true.
------------------------------------------------

And when Axl wanted to give us the SFTD cover....

www.snakepit.ws/rc.asp
From Record Collector Magazine February, 2001, by Joel McIver
You said it's been five years since you've spoken to Axl, because he never could agree about anything. Was the one specific incident that set it off?
Slash: It really started when we covered "Sympathy for the Devil" for the "Interview With a Vampire" movie. I saw the first screening with the Stone's version still on it, and I thought it was fine. Fuck, why do we need to do it? But then Axl went to see it and he loved the movie ? see, I hated it.

I guess all the  years slash working half assed with Axl did not have anything to do with breaking up gnr right?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dizzy
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2004, 05:37:44 PM »

Axl IS guns n roses.

Roll Eyes

His voice, his lyrics, and his ability to pull out some amazing riffs from slash.  
Axls lyrics are much better than what is on VR. While VR are still singing about sex, drugs and rock n roll, Axls lyrics are much more mature.

I agree that nobody can sing and write lyrics like Axl, but saying that Axl "pulled amazing riffs out of Slash" is laughable.  While it is true that Axl brought out the best in Slash, and vice versa, Axl is NOT the sole reason Slash's GNR guitar work is great.  Axl didn't sit there and say "no no Slash, play it this way instead" until it sounded great.  The two of them just had amazing chemistry together.  Neither one of them really had to make it a point to inspire the other, it just worked that way.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 05:46:01 PM by Dizzy » Logged
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2004, 05:42:56 PM »

discobiscuit1 well people over on the gnr section get pissed when VR is mention in that section, so why talk about axl and gnr in this section?  And I don?t see how me not liking some of VR songs means I am bashing the band.

As for me being a nutcase, well if you want to talk about off the topic personal BS PM me and Ill discuss it with you otherwise stay on topic, thanks.

crying
WAAAAHHHH!!!!
Baby needs his bottle.

How did all of you get the album. It's not out until tomorrow?  Sad
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2004, 05:46:03 PM »

Maybe you and eva should get married or something, start an axl rose cult? ( maybe you already have? )

Dont beleive everything you read, in the end, look at the facts-- EVERYBODY  whos worked with axl has left him cold and only come back for the money alas the " hired guns label "

When axls closest friends point the finger in axls direction, i think id like to go with the majority.

You can dig up as many reviews fromover 10 years ago as u like, things change, if any of them interviews are accurate are u sure things werent twisted around by some axlites like yourselves?

lets put it this way- u realy think any of that stuff would stand up in a court of law as anything other than tabloid trash?

I think ill go and make a " fake interview " post it up online and back date it to lets say...........1996 that slash wrote everything that was on chinese democracy, and axl tried to stake his claim on it as his work and thats why the band split, and ever since , thats why axl hasnt been able to release his " chinese democracy " due to a major behind the scenes court battle?

Would u go posting that up as fact too? drool

-------and time goes by-------
Dizzy
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2004, 05:55:28 PM »

Dont beleive everything you read, in the end, look at the facts-- EVERYBODY  whos worked with axl has left him cold and only come back for the money alas the " hired guns label "

Everything that Dave posted are actual Slash and Duff quotes, but Duff's is slightly misleading, because he changed his mind after GNR.  Duff said this regarding his change of heart after he made the statement that Dave posted....

Post Neurotic Outsiders was the worst moment of my career in Guns.  Everything was getting done Axl's way or it wasn't getting done at all.  It wasn't that way when we started out.  [Why did Axl become so arrogant and egomaniacal?]  Because many people around him maintain him in that state of mind.  They kept telling him he was right.  Some of them feared him because they were scared they were gonna lose their jobs.  It's as simple as that.  So I went out to dinner with Axl and told him that this band had become a dictatorship and I didn't see myself playing in those conditions.  Find someone else.

So as you can see, things changed for the worse after Duff made the aforementioned quote.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 05:58:38 PM by Dizzy » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2004, 06:28:13 PM »

how am I twisting anything or making up anything? Its quotes by slash and duff in their own words. They said it and I dont need to make up anything.
Oh now the fact that they want to lie and change history by changing their minds what they said when the stuff was actually going on? They changed their minds because they want Axl to be the scapegoat for the break up of gnr, they are trying to twist it to make it seem like it was all axls fault, when we know that is just not true, just read the quotes by slash and duff. All it proves is when slash and duff talk about axl now and what happened they are lying.
As for going with the majority then why is it that just matt, slash and duff talk bad about Axl but everyone else that has worked with him has nothing but nice things to say? The only negative any of the new people is axl is taking too long with the album.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 06:33:40 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dizzy
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2004, 06:36:34 PM »

how am I twisting anything? Its quotes by slash and duff in their own words. They said it and I dont need to make up anything.

No no no Dave, I didn't say you twisted anything.  I said the quote was misleading because it came from a time before Duff quit the band.

Same way a Duff quote from 1987 would be misleading because things changed over time.

Don't be so paranoid Axl...I mean Dave.   Wink
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2004, 06:43:14 PM »

they are hypocrites, much like some people on this board. It's amazing how people immediately attack dave for posting facts instead of questioning the obtuse comments from slash. If the members of VR weren't such knuckleheads, i might just enjoy this album a bit more.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Dizzy
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2004, 07:02:47 PM »

they are hypocrites, much like some people on this board. It's amazing how people immediately attack dave for posting facts instead of questioning the obtuse comments from slash.

Slash has said the same things he's always said.  He wanted to go one way musicially, Axl wanted to go another, and he wanted to take his sweet time doing it.  And everything he said has proven true.  He may use different words, but the story is always the same.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 07:03:45 PM by Dizzy » Logged
darkmonth
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2004, 07:14:42 PM »

Madagascar and the blues are better than anything off of contraband.

They are entirely nothing like the songs on Contraband.. hell, they are barely even in the same genre... so that is a blatant opinion based statement, that will hold little ground in the VR section...

Chinese Dem and Oh my god are much better than any of the rockers on contraband, and the song most old school gnr fans hate riyadh and silkworms are better than the worst songs on contraband.  I am sorry and I know its  your opinion but the gnr songs are much better than contraband.

No... now you are talking shit.  Contraband contains song after song of excellent rock.  NewGnR's 'rockers' are utterly sub-par.  Don't talk crap Dave.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2004, 07:23:14 PM »

Dave, your arguement is that slash caused the breakup. So maybe he did. He's released 3 records since he left compared to 1 song that Axl has released. He has proven he has music, unlike Axl who beyond some live tracks that could of been writen in 1992 for all we know has no proof of a record beyond his own words.

Some of us like Velvet Revolver more than you. And for someone who claims not to hate them your trying to start and hype a lot of negative bullshit about them.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2004, 07:24:48 PM »

and on a sidenote, give me a quote from duff or slash after 01-01-04 that is negative to Axl outside of there lawsuit against him for mismanagement

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2004, 07:28:07 PM »

Chinese Democracy (the song) is the only thng remotely comparable to any rocker on Contraband.  That said (and I love the song), it's waaaaaayyyy to synth laden to compare to VR's modern take on hard rock.

The Axl Rose 8 is much more akin to something along the lines of ELO.
Expecting them to be anything different would/will be disapointing in the long run, an exorcise in futility.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2004, 07:35:04 PM »

they are hypocrites, much like some people on this board. It's amazing how people immediately attack dave for posting facts instead of questioning the obtuse comments from slash.

Slash has said the same things he's always said.  He wanted to go one way musicially, Axl wanted to go another, and he wanted to take his sweet time doing it.  And everything he said has proven true.  He may use different words, but the story is always the same.

slashs stories are always changing, what are you talking about? Are  you reading the same interviews

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2004, 07:36:35 PM »

Madagascar and the blues are better than anything off of contraband.

They are entirely nothing like the songs on Contraband.. hell, they are barely even in the same genre... so that is a blatant opinion based statement, that will hold little ground in the VR section...

Chinese Dem and Oh my god are much better than any of the rockers on contraband, and the song most old school gnr fans hate riyadh and silkworms are better than the worst songs on contraband.  I am sorry and I know its  your opinion but the gnr songs are much better than contraband.

No... now you are talking shit.  Contraband contains song after song of excellent rock.  NewGnR's 'rockers' are utterly sub-par.  Don't talk crap Dave.

I am not talking shit, even read some of the huge VR fans reviews of the album, some of them agree with me the rockers off of  contraband are just not that good.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2004, 07:37:44 PM »

Here we are again, beating the same damn horse. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2004, 07:39:24 PM »

Again another person who needs to look up the word subjective.
I think you need to understand not everyone has the same taste in music as you.

and i thought music was all subjective  Roll Eyes

Hypocrisy!

hypocrites, much like some people on this board.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 07:55:55 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2004, 07:45:30 PM »

Dave, your arguement is that slash caused the breakup. So maybe he did. He's released 3 records since he left compared to 1 song that Axl has released. He has proven he has music, unlike Axl who beyond some live tracks that could of been writen in 1992 for all we know has no proof of a record beyond his own words.

Some of us like Velvet Revolver more than you. And for someone who claims not to hate them your trying to start and hype a lot of negative bullshit about them.

Brian May said in 2001 or so that Axl had 2 or three albums of material done, so that is in Mays own words, so is May lying?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 07:51:44 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2004, 07:48:45 PM »

and on a sidenote, give me a quote from duff or slash after 01-01-04 that is negative to Axl outside of there lawsuit against him for mismanagement

Here is your quote, which is a blatant lie.

"Scott always wants to work," says Slash, "and that's a change. With Axl, it was impossible to get him to do anything""

Now I always thought one of the reasons besides the musically differences is because Axl wanted to work on the songs too much.
People here joke about how Axl keeps tweaking the songs to make them perfect.
Tommy even said that Axl and the band works the songs to death.

So again another slash lie and another example of how slashs story keeps changing.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 07:49:56 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2004, 07:56:15 PM »

Dave, will you give your Axl crusade a rest already?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: