Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Thank god for Velvet Revolver !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank god for Velvet Revolver !  (Read 28579 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2004, 07:59:16 PM »

Dave, will you give your Axl crusade a rest already?

Nope, not until the pot shots at axl stop.  ok
If all  these  petty comments about axl stopped the crusade for axl would stop right?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 08:00:47 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2004, 08:02:20 PM »

Maybe you and eva should get married or something, start an axl rose cult? ( maybe you already have? )

I don't know who the fuck you are... and I don't care to know.
Dave cited my name to credit me for compiling the quotes.
Where the fuck do you get off on making the comment you made?
If Jarmo posts something and credits me for transcribing (as he has) have you told him some shit like you said to Dave?

A cult?  Go fuck yourself asshole.  I am a married woman with three kids.  Watch your fucking mouth and show some respect for your fellow posters or get the fuck out of the community.

You can dig up as many reviews from over 10 years ago as u like, things change, if any of them interviews are accurate are u sure things werent twisted around by some axlites like yourselves?

Yourselves - eh, plural.  You are talking/replying to Dave but you wanna be a pussy and talk about me?  

Further - Things change.  Sure as time goes on people and circumstances change - BUT THE PAST DOESN'T FUCKING CHANGE.  What a stupid fucking comment.

lets put it this way- u really think any of that stuff would stand up in a court of law as anything other than tabloid trash?

I posted those quotes in response to Slash's very recent comment in Newsweek at the gnrbar.
I don't own the fucking quotes.  I didn't fucking make them up either.

I think ill go and make a " fake interview " post it up online and back date it to lets say...........1996 that slash wrote everything that was on chinese democracy, and axl tried to stake his claim on it as his work and thats why the band split, and ever since , thats why axl hasnt been able to release his " chinese democracy " due to a major behind the scenes court battle?

Would u go posting that up as fact too? drool

you are an ass.  half of those interviews are from Slash's official site!

and i don't usually resort to cursing out other board members cuz i have respect for the board
but you really pissed me off so i don't give a fuck
i wasn't even in the fucking thread - I don't even come to this fucking board!
if you got a problem with me or any of my posts be a fucking man and reply in the thread that's eating your shorts... don't go fucking talking shit about me in a fucking thread that I'm not even in
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 08:04:15 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2004, 08:15:25 PM »

Brian May said in 2001 or so that Axl had 2 or three albums of material done, so that is in Mays own words, so is May lying?

I think you might have mistaken this section for the GN'R section.  Roll Eyes

You might wanna post a comparison when CD is actually out.

Dave, I think the board knows you prefer Axl's unreleased album to "Contraband", but I think you're childish if you think you're gonna convert people here.

If you wanna post your opinion on their music, fine. But constantly trying to turn threads into "Axl rules, VR sucks" threads doesn't make you any better than the idiots spamming the GN'R section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darkmonth
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2004, 08:17:47 PM »

and on a sidenote, give me a quote from duff or slash after 01-01-04 that is negative to Axl outside of there lawsuit against him for mismanagement

Here is your quote, which is a blatant lie.

"Scott always wants to work," says Slash, "and that's a change. With Axl, it was impossible to get him to do anything""

Now I always thought one of the reasons besides the musically differences is because Axl wanted to work on the songs too much.
People here joke about how Axl keeps tweaking the songs to make them perfect.
Tommy even said that Axl and the band works the songs to death.

So again another slash lie and another example of how slashs story keeps changing.

You fucking know as well as I do that Axl rarely came to work as a band... if you recall, the band had stated many hundreds of times that Axl didn't come to rehearsals.  Axl is not a true frontman.  He is a guy who likes to make music.  He doesn't work as part of a team.  This is BLATANT in his on stage vocal... he must never sing with teh band other than on stage and the occasional soundcheck....!  Man, Axl can do some amazing work when he is up on top, but for God's sake, stop making out he is more than just some fuckin' dude with a chip on his shoulder because that's ALL he is!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2004, 08:19:09 PM »

Brian May said in 2001 or so that Axl had 2 or three albums of material done, so that is in Mays own words, so is May lying?

I think you might have mistaken this section for the GN'R section.  Roll Eyes

You might wanna post a comparison when CD is actually out.

Dave, I think the board knows you prefer Axl's unreleased album to "Contraband", but I think you're childish if you think you're gonna convert people here.

If you wanna post your opinion on their music, fine. But constantly trying to turn threads into "Axl rules, VR sucks" threads doesn't make you any better than the idiots spamming the GN'R section.

/jarmo

Well rainbow warrior must have been mistaken too since he started the whole thing comparing vr and axls gnr with "The so called new Guns N? Roses - (ought to be named "Axl Rose Band") - may delay their cd for 10 years or more in the future, I don?t care anymore. "

The thing is i wouldn't have said anything if he did not make  those comments.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 08:23:12 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2004, 08:23:54 PM »

Yeah, Brian May could be lying. To have an album you need vocals.

2nd, you and I know damn well that Axl recorded his vocals for alot of tracks away from the band, thats kinda hard to work with.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2004, 08:25:51 PM »

Well rainbow warrior must have been mistaken too since he started the whole thing comparing vr and axls gnr.

Not really. He was greatful for VR releasing an album and that he could wait for 10 years for CD now since he's got something to listen to.

So in other words, you're wrong.

VR did the right thing. They got the album out before Axl. They knew people wanted something new from Axl and/or VR. Now they'll sell more albums because many Axl fans are gonna buy it in order to have something to listen to until Axl decides it's time to release CD.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2004, 08:31:22 PM »

Not really. He was greatful for VR releasing an album and that he could wait for 10 years for CD now since he's got something to listen to.

VR did the right thing. They got the album out before Axl. They knew people wanted something new from Axl and/or VR. Now they'll sell more albums because many Axl fans are gonna buy it in order to have something to listen to until Axl decides it's time to release CD.

/jarmo

Shocked

Dizzy has obviously hacked into Jarmos account - a dastardly act indeed.  
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2004, 08:35:44 PM »

Well rainbow warrior must have been mistaken too since he started the whole thing comparing vr and axls gnr.

/jarmo

How am I wrong, i thought we should not mention Gnr on this board, or is that just we cant say anything postive about gnr or axl on this board?

VR will not sell more albums than gnr and you can bank on that.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2004, 08:37:08 PM »

Dont beleive everything you read, in the end, look at the facts-- EVERYBODY  whos worked with axl has left him cold and only come back for the money alas the " hired guns label "

Everything that Dave posted are actual Slash and Duff quotes, but Duff's is slightly misleading, because he changed his mind after GNR.  Duff said this regarding his change of heart after he made the statement that Dave posted....

Post Neurotic Outsiders was the worst moment of my career in Guns.  Everything was getting done Axl's way or it wasn't getting done at all.  It wasn't that way when we started out.  [Why did Axl become so arrogant and egomaniacal?]  Because many people around him maintain him in that state of mind.  They kept telling him he was right.  Some of them feared him because they were scared they were gonna lose their jobs.  It's as simple as that.  So I went out to dinner with Axl and told him that this band had become a dictatorship and I didn't see myself playing in those conditions.  Find someone else.

So as you can see, things changed for the worse after Duff made the aforementioned quote.

Not being sarcastic here... ARe you implying that when he said it he was lying?  
I don't think so.  I think Duff wanted to do different stuff / sounds too.  Duff liked different kinds of music (like punk)
Not exactly blues based rock n roll, is it?  No, he was telling the truth when he said that Axl wasn't the only one trying to change their sound.  And look what the changes turned out to be!  Sure there's Silkworms but there is also The Blues.
We mighta had something along the lines of Duff's "so fine" too  Grin
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2004, 08:37:57 PM »

If all  these  petty comments about axl stopped the crusade for axl would stop right?

Can you be anymore infantile? How about taking the high road instead of engaging in some petty war because you don't like what people say about your hero.
darkmonth
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2004, 08:41:09 PM »

AAAAHAHAHAH!!  Bloody hell... Dave didn't even take time to draw breath let alone read what Jarmo said and TAKE IT IN!!!

Jarmo never said VR would sell MORE than GnR ... he said they would sell MORE records... because of the fact that they released before GnR....

jeez... calm down!  It kinda proves your obsession with GnR to get that stressed about something so insignificant (and something you got wrong!)
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2004, 08:41:21 PM »

Can you be anymore infantile? How about taking the high road instead of engaging in some petty war because you don't like what people say about your hero.

I do take the high road, as you can see.
Some people on this BOARD have to resort to bashing when people defend Axl, how infantile is that?  Why is it ok to  bash axl but not defend him?

Then when someone talks bad about VR, slash or scott it is ok to defend them but not axl.'

Wow, i love some of your logic on this board.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2004, 08:42:58 PM »

AAAAHAHAHAH!!  Bloody hell... Dave didn't even take time to draw breath let alone read what Jarmo said and TAKE IT IN!!!

Jarmo never said VR would sell MORE than GnR ... he said they would sell MORE records... because of the fact that they released before GnR....

jeez... calm down!  It kinda proves your obsession with GnR to get that stressed about something so insignificant (and something you got wrong!)

You must be confused, how is selling more and selling more albums different?

darkmonth
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2004, 08:43:49 PM »

Dave, why did you join the axl rose board?

a GnR board sure... but the Axl Rose board?  Isn't that kind of thing for girls?
darkmonth
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2004, 08:44:47 PM »

No, YOU are confused... MORE albums than if they released after Gnr... not MORE than GnR.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2004, 08:45:30 PM »

a GnR board sure... but the Axl Rose board?  Isn't that kind of thing for girls?

Because betsy is my friend and she asked me to Mod the board.
And what does that have to do with this thread?

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2004, 08:45:43 PM »

Velvet Revolver already has sold more copies than Axl Roll Eyes

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2004, 08:46:36 PM »

No, YOU are confused... MORE albums than if they released after Gnr... not MORE than GnR.

How do you figure? You really think less people would buy contraband if it came out after CD? I doubt it.

darkmonth
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2004, 08:47:27 PM »

Because betsy is my friend and she asked me to Mod the board.
And what does that have to do with this thread?

It has fuck all to do with this thread.  What of it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: