Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:24:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula One 2005 season thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula One 2005 season thread  (Read 130098 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #420 on: September 12, 2005, 05:54:45 PM »

They are also paying attention to all the F1 madness in Spain. They showed some images of Oviedo on Sunday. And it wasn't the first time Smiley

Who wants to see the empty streets of Helsinki on tv? Wink

I've seen races on three different channels in three different countries this year:

Sweden (TV4/TV4+): This is the worst of the bunch. Commentators who have no idea about anything. The race coverage starts five minutes before the race and then the commentators spend two hours talking about what has happened in F1 since the last race. The advantages they have is that on many occasions they'll show the press conference. They also have "few" breaks for commercials but they're usually quite long. The commentators are biased towards Michael Schumacher but have recently calmed down a bit because 2005 hasn't been his year.

Finland (MTV3): Saw one race in Finland and their coverage is a lot better than the one here in Sweden. They usually have expert commentators who have actually been in F1.

England (ITV): Lots of coverage during the weekend. Interviews with drivers as they're preparing for the race and comments from people who know about the sport etc. More shorter commercial breaks than what I'm used to from Sweden but these people know what they're talking about.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #421 on: September 13, 2005, 11:26:08 AM »

englands coverage is really good, they have tony jardine and mark blundel in the build up and afer the race and them martin brundel during the race, the dams breaks is so annoying
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #422 on: September 13, 2005, 11:42:48 AM »

The Swedish "expert" is a guy who has driven factory drives for many of the major car manufacturers as well as being in the "top level of Formula 2".

From his motorsport team's site:

Never thought of Formula One?
? Well, I was real close once. I was supposed to drive a third McLaren the last races in 1979, courtesy Marlboro. But in the last moment the deal was off! And I was out of F1 as quickly as the chance had appeared.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #423 on: September 13, 2005, 11:55:24 AM »

haha

have you ever sen it on digital?? a few years ago you could get it in the UK and ireland on digital but it was PPV, i got it once or twice, the actual coverage was excellent, they covered practise sessions and everything, you had a choice of about 8 different cameras including on board shots, and also the timing screne that all the teams look at on the pit wall, the commentary however was brutal

it was only available on digital for one season tho and i havent seen it since
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #424 on: September 13, 2005, 12:09:52 PM »

I never saw it, but I do remember it being available a few years ago.

/jarmo

Rasputin
« Reply #425 on: September 13, 2005, 10:33:19 PM »

Well, in the meantime, I'm gonna put some champagne on ice. Or better still: some sidra...

wont you be disapointed when Kimi is crowned world champion!   Cheesy

You're gonna celebrate Montoya taking out Alonso in all three races?  Huh

hihi

/jarmo

that would be great!  i like Montoya, but he's a small price to pay  Tongue   Grin
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #426 on: September 14, 2005, 02:07:21 AM »

Where is Ronnie Pettersen? wasn't he like a good driver?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #427 on: September 14, 2005, 07:00:06 AM »

Where is Ronnie Pettersen? wasn't he like a good driver?

He died in the late 70s.

HP QUITS WILLIAMS AND F1
Last Updated: Wednesday, 14, September, 2005, 13:48

The WilliamsF1 team has been dealt a financial blow after computer giant Hewlitt-Packard announced it will quit Formula 1 at the end of the 2005 season.

The US-based company HP has served as the BMW-Williams team's principal sponsor since 2002, when it took over rival Compaq.

The move is not thought to be linked to the split between Williams and BMW, but rather HP's global restructuring which will see just under 1,000 jobs cut in the UK alone.

The company announced in July that it would shed 14,500 jobs worldwide over the next one and a half years to save ?1.1bn a year.

"We have met our objectives and it is a natural moment for HP to conclude our relationship," said HP's Cathy Lyons.

Williams is confident that it can fill the hole left by HP and is in talks with several potential sponsors as it heads into 2006 with Cosworth V8 power.

More trouble for Williams.... First they have a driver (Button) who doesn't want to drive for them next season and now they lose their sponsor.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 09:19:02 AM by jarmo » Logged

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #428 on: September 14, 2005, 11:45:56 AM »

damn, maybe frank will take the mony been offered by honda for button now
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #429 on: September 14, 2005, 12:10:02 PM »

dont suppose yous have a sub league going on F1racing.net??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #430 on: September 14, 2005, 12:24:25 PM »

damn, maybe frank will take the mony been offered by honda for button now

They should let Nico Rosberg drive.....  Grin

dont suppose yous have a sub league going on F1racing.net??

Not that I know of....

/jarmo

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #431 on: September 14, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »

I have a question for those living outside Spain or Finland...what do broadcasters say about Alonso and Kimi? I'm very curious to see whether people outside Spain believe Alonso deserve the title or kimi does.
I live in the USA.? The F1 announcers here seem to me to be of the opinion that even though Kimi has shown in practices, qualifying, and races that he is by far the best driver this season, Alonso deserves the title because those "bad luck" things that plagued Kimi this year are part of the game ... they could happen to anyone, at any time, in any sport.?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #432 on: September 16, 2005, 01:14:07 AM »

same thing here in Finland. Alonso is considered a very good driver that is entitled to win the championchip because he just has scored more points and is systematically more faster than his team mate.

but jarmo, can't remember mika salo wishing that for kimi. I remember Salo barking at montoya more than a few times.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #433 on: September 16, 2005, 07:42:45 AM »

BMW have sign Nick Heidfeld for next season
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #434 on: September 16, 2005, 07:44:46 AM »

but jarmo, can't remember mika salo wishing that for kimi. I remember Salo barking at montoya more than a few times.

It was the way he said things like "let's hope nothing goes wrong in the pit stop" and "let's hope Kimi's car doesn't break down".

Then it did!

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #435 on: September 16, 2005, 11:59:38 AM »

HEIDFELD SIGNS WITH BMW FOR 2006

Williams driver Nick Heidfeld has signed a three-year deal to race for the new works BMW team from the start of 2006.

The German was previously thought to have committed to BMW for 2007-08, but was snapped up by the Munich manufacturer as soon as he became available on Wednesday.

BMW intends to launch its own team next year, having acquired the Swiss Sauber outfit.

Full story

ROSBERG UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR WILLIAMS DRIVE

WilliamsF1 team principal Frank Williams has admitted that GP2 championship leader Nico Rosberg is under consideration for a race drive in Japan and China.

Nick Heidfeld has been ruled out of the Brazilian Grand Prix after injuring his shoulder in a cycling accident.

And while the German will definitely be replaced by Antonio Pizzonia for Interlagos next weekend, the situation for the final two races remains undecided.

"Nico is on the list with quite a few other people," Frank Williams told The Guardian newspaper, "and there are quite a few variables to be considered before we reach the conclusion whether or not Nico is the right candidate to represent us.

"One of the variables is obviously whether or not Nick is fit.

"But no decision has yet been made."

With Heidfeld now confirmed as leaving the team at the end of 2005, it's possible that Williams could use the races to evaluate its options for next year.

But the decision on who drives in the last two races will hinge on Pizzonia's performance in Brazil, where a good finish could affect his qualifying potential in Suzuka.

However, Williams denies that Heidfeld's departure to BMW will have any bearing on whether he races again in 2005.

"The release of Nick Heidfeld's option for 2006 has no material bearing on our driver nominations for the remainder of the season," a team spokesman told ITV-F1.

"Antonio has been nominated for Brazil and no further decisions will be taken for Japan and China will be taken until Nick's fitness and Antonio's performance at Interlagos are assessed.

"We have the option to nominate Nick, Antonio or Nico Rosberg for the last two races and will publish our decision at the appropriate time."

Nico for F1!

And get Heikki Kovalainen a seat for 2006 as well. Formula 1 will be Finnish next year.? Grin

/jarmo

John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #436 on: September 16, 2005, 12:16:03 PM »

What are the chances for Kovalainen? Briatore has talked about the year 2007 and that didn't make Kovalainen very happy..he has said that he would be very glad if he could have a position in a good team in 2006..and minardi or etc. isn't an option!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #437 on: September 16, 2005, 12:19:59 PM »

Personally I don't see him racing in F1 in 2006.

There doesn't seem to be any seats available.

Maybe he can be Renault's third driver....

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #438 on: September 16, 2005, 12:32:02 PM »

Nico for F1!

And get Heikki Kovalainen a seat for 2006 as well. Formula 1 will be Finnish next year.? Grin

/jarmo

That's so weird...why does Finland produce so many F-1 drivers?

It makes me wonder if kids in Finland ask Santa Claus for a Formula 1 race car instead of the typical football jersey...since he is so close to Finland  Wink

Dear santa claus:

"Since I've been such a good boy this year, I'd like a Formula One race car..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #439 on: September 16, 2005, 12:43:01 PM »

Santa is Finnish. Everybody knows that.  Grin

One successful driver creates interest in the sport.

There's also an interest in motorsports in Finland so there's people involved in taking care of the young drivers.

Nico's dad, Keke Rosberg, is a former world champion as well as being Mika Hakkinen's manager.

Mika Hakkinen drove for McLaren before retiring and letting Kimi take over.

Mika Salo was at Sauber and I think he might have helped Kimi to get a drive there.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: