Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER: Tensions On The Road Run High
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER: Tensions On The Road Run High  (Read 24224 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2004, 12:25:51 AM »

Meanbone has some points there.

All these years we've heard the stories about how horrible it was in GN'R and yet it seems like this band that's like "a gang" are fighting too.

Axl was an egoist because he wanted his own dressing room, well look at how VR are doing it. One guy wants his "groupie" room.

/jarmo

I don't understand why you're comparing these fights to what happened in GNR. Fighting is a part of road life so I'm not sure where you're aiming at. It's an entirely different situation.

As lame as I think a "groupie room" is, I don't think that is the same situation either. Considering the other members are married and have families, its more of a  respectul thing for Matt to have a seperate room for his activities. 

I just don't see why this is news. Bands fight on the road. It happens all the time.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2004, 01:47:18 AM »

and the Axl comparisons continue.

from rockdirt:

Entertainment Weekly's Karen Valby hung out with the guys from Velvet Revolver on the road while on tour, but had troubles getting much out of frontman Scott Weiland, who doesn't do sound checks, meet and greets, and stays up alone most nights watching movies until 5 a.m. Asking the former Stone Temple Pilots frontman "What did you do today" prompted him to respond, "I did the same thing I usually do, which is just about nothing. Sit in my room... masturbate occasionally..." But he later managed to open up, talking about his drug troubles and his suspicion of the music industry. "It's easy to get trapped in that mode of being a quote-unquote rock star," Weiland said. "The industry wants you to stay young, you're living this fast life, everything's accesible. The rock & roll industry is built on junkies just like me. Look at this band -- we're a band of junkies, thieves, and vagabonds. The only difference is, we've figured out a way to grab ahold of ourselves and say enough's enough.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2004, 10:54:17 AM »

but had troubles getting much out of frontman Scott Weiland, who doesn't do sound checks, meet and greets, and stays up alone most nights watching movies until 5 a.m.
Was this taken right out of the of the GNR BTM?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004, 11:10:13 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2004, 02:13:34 PM »

i dunno about the watching movies part. but the first two happened when i saw them...
it could be nothing. it could be the begining of something. who knows.
time will tell if izzys words will make sense once again.
once there was this rock n roll band rolling on the streets, time went by as it became a joke...

Chinese Democracy!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2004, 05:01:23 AM »

It was a joke, hence the Wink smiley.

I just wonder what they do, just bitch about stuff or are they gonna force the others to adjust to what the majority wants? If four others say Matt's room has got to go, will he say "fine"?

Same thing with Scott's "rants" on the site. What if the three others decide those aren't needed?

/jarmo

You have some sort of smiley in every post don't you???

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2004, 05:07:28 AM »

Bands fight all the time. There is no bnad that doesn't.  I have a few different point of views on this. I think Scott is a bitch if naked girls really bother him backstage at a rock show. That is why Matt made a seperate room for that shit. On the otherhand , I never really liked Matt's drumming and I think he is a tool and was when he was with GnR too.  GnR would have been better without him and so would VR.

guzma004
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2004, 01:26:42 PM »

Matt should not being having sex with a bunch of eigthteen year old groupies and I have two reasons, One is he can go to jail for that and two he has a girlfriend Roll Eyes
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2004, 03:13:10 PM »

Matt should not being having sex with a bunch of eigthteen year old groupies and I have two reasons, One is he can go to jail for that

Why would that be?

and two he has a girlfriend Roll Eyes

hihi
guzma004
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2004, 06:14:06 PM »

because of those girls are probably pretending to be eighteen year olds and lie about their age Roll Eyes
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2004, 06:58:03 PM »

Well Im guessing hes done it during his entire career, and hes still a free man.  I wouldnt worry about him.
guzma004
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2004, 10:29:12 PM »

he is a big time player ok
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: