Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:27:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Sound of CD...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sound of CD...  (Read 9118 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

It seems to me that the whole general GN'R discussion should be renamed to Dead Horse. A lot of topics about the same theme, and nothing new, we've discussed these things months and years ago.? rant

Boring.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 08:38:18 AM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 05:37:23 AM »

Duh, you can have a lot of variety and still be cohesive.

Here is what I wrote yesterday:
obviously the best is a coherent record which is also diversified....but this is extremely difficult to make. Unless you release a "thriller" (Mickael Jackson) or a "the wall" (pink floyd).

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2004, 07:54:18 AM »

It seems to me that the whole generation GN'R discussion should be renamed to Dead Horse. A lot of topics about the same theme, and nothing new, we've discussed these things months and years ago.? rant

Boring.

I know what your saying, lets hope December will bring in some new, fresh and exciting topics to discuss. Otherwise either we have to become more creative or maybe it would be better to turn this into a Tommy Stinson and Velvet Revolver message board!

Here today...ready to rock
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2004, 08:19:52 AM »

obviously the best is a coherent record which is also diversified....but this is extremely difficult to make. Unless you release a "thriller" (Mickael Jackson) or a "the wall" (pink floyd).

I saw that, thank you. And I never said such a record was easy to make. That's the whole point obviously.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2004, 08:43:33 AM »

I just want it to be epic ! Tommy dropped the word I'm still hanging on to it !   Wink It can be "cohesive" as AFD - a lot of diversity in it but only 12 in your face songs - or like UYI I or II which are actually more relaxing for the brain !  Grin

The force ... the force ...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2004, 09:56:02 AM »

I saw that, thank you. And I never said such a record was easy to make. That's the whole point obviously.
yes indeed that's the whole point. Cool

I just want it to be epic ! Tommy dropped the word I'm still hanging on to it !   Wink It can be "cohesive" as AFD - a lot of diversity in it but only 12 in your face songs - or like UYI I or II which are actually more relaxing for the brain !  Grin
Indeed, especially Use 2 (wich was my favourite record during many years). The piano adds something in rythmic, a blues-rock sound. Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 10:11:37 AM »

My point is what kind of sound/style do you want from the band? Will you be judging the content soley on the waiting process or where it stands against old gnr and or current music? Stuff like that.
My preference is earthshattering mega hard epics. But As far as they?re loyal to themselves they?ll kick ass no matter what style. ha-hah I can?t add much coz most are already said.

Hear! Hear!? rant Gimme a surprise! Challenge the world.

Basically I?ll judge it solely the album itself, which is as known as an absolute scale.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 10:13:16 AM by ppbebe » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2004, 10:18:04 AM »

It seems to me that the whole general GN'R discussion should be renamed to Dead Horse. A lot of topics about the same theme, and nothing new, we've discussed these things months and years ago.
The reason why i started the thread was because of all the stuff i hear from you and others about the new gnr songs. So im asking you what are you expecting from the album so that when the album comes out I know if your honest or not and I dont have to hear about how Axl is trying to be like Prodigy etc...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
axlsfriend
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2004, 10:41:16 PM »

over the years i have read the board and as well as the rest of you guys have heard the rumors.

One of the first things we heard about the album was it was going to be a totally different sound sort of like a techno album.  If i remember correctly axl said in a interview in rio that it was not going to be like afd.

the second thing we heard was it was going to be a classic rock album like AFD.  i think the guy from black label society Wylde said he thought it was a harder version of afd from what he heard.

lastly over the past year we have heard many rumors that p. buckmaster collaberated on 3-4 tracks which will include a full orchestral arrangement.  and we also heard that other guy who mentioned the tracks (seven, twat, prostitute, and this I love, which will all have a full ochestra and most likly be ballads.  if i read correctly these were not rumors and these two producers mentioned gnr on their own websites that they worked with them. 

these people who i mentioned  from what i understand all really made these statements and probablly are the little true info we have heard over the past few years. 

what it sounds like to me is either axl has made three very different albums, which would make the three album rumor true, or has made tons of material that has become outdated and was not happy with and scraped it three times.  which would explain the 11 year lapse between albums.  this would also make another rumor true which we heard last year that he gave his finished product to geffen and they quickly told him it was garbage.  I personally rather be hearing these latest rumors about CD having songs like NR,DC,and Est type songs then a techno album with crap like silkworms and rhiad on it.  hopefully it will be alittle AFD and ILLusions combined with a newer sond to it.  what is your opinions?   

estranged.1098
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2004, 11:01:14 PM »

The only thing I expect is to be suprised.  Wink
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2004, 12:33:52 AM »

the songs outhere by the new band might hint some of the directions they are taking

ore check this to read some axl on the album
 http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

welcome 2 the board  beer
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 12:42:49 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2004, 12:39:27 AM »

i can't see why they would do something similar to a4d, that was the main reason, why the original band split up. axl didn't want to do something like that.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »

? this would also make another rumor true which we heard last year that he gave his finished product to geffen and they quickly told him it was garbage.?

that rumour was started by a fellowposter friend of mine on Blabbermouth as a joke and it took off like a rocket

hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pryor Murphy
Rocker

Fuck It!

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2004, 04:39:59 PM »

I hope it would be like the UY1-2, because there are so many different style of genres in those albums, such as ballad, acoustic and rock. But I can only hope that there will be no rap song/songs in the upcoming album.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: