Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:56:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [DISCUSSION] Motley Crue to tour with GnR?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Motley Crue to tour with GnR?  (Read 15893 times)
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2004, 06:21:46 AM »

I saw the darkness two weeks ago and they don't deserve to be on the same stage as GNR

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2004, 06:40:04 AM »

I don't understand this board's fascination with Motley Crue
Same here. its seems lots of people on this board are into hair-metal/metal/heavy-metal/indus-metal or everything that contains the word "Metal". I though GN'R fans were mainly ROCK fans. You know it worries me when I see a GN'R record in "metal-section" in music stores. seeing the name "Guns n' Roses" in the same section as craddle of filth, panthera, or any oither silly Metal bands is weird confused? I think it's not the right place for GN'R. It's not metal, never was and never will be. And I also don't want to see the name GN'R beeing associated with anything metal (to tour with a metal band or anything like that).
Let's play Rock n' Roll, not Metal.

Why the fuck not? Heavy Metal is great! I don't have any shame about saying that, as unfashionable as it might be. Back in the ol' days a lot of heavy metal fans took GNR to their hearts (before they became mainstream)....it had the attitude, the punky feel, and Axl's voice was reminiscent of some other heavy metal singers. Maybe in the US, GNR were doing the whole LA thing, but in the UK GNR were firmly placed in the metal camp....they played Donnington, featured on the show 'Heavy Metal Heaven' and were adored by Kerrang. All of my 'non metal' friends at school bashed GNR and took the piss out of them.....these were the same people that later played SCOM and Paradise City endlessly on their stereos as soon as they became more popular in the charts. Axl and Slash were massive fans of Metallica back then, and I'm pretty sure they enjoyed a lot of other metal bands.

One of the things that makes me so interested in Chinese Democracy is that I think it is going to be a very far reaching album - one that will appeal to old and new fans, fans of rock, metal, industrial - fortunately I like all of these types of music so there's a good chance I'm gonna love whatever he puts out! (just not too many songs like 'My World' please)

Here today...ready to rock
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2004, 02:28:16 PM »

The idea of GNR touring with Motley Crue made me laugh.  Thanks for that.   rofl

If ... (and I feel the bile rise up my throat as I begin to type this)  If ... GNR & Motley Crue toured together... who would open for who?  I mean... GNR opened back for Motley in the early days, and blew them off the stage every night. 

Motley is now nothing but a bunch of washed up hasbeens looking for a taste of the good ole glory days (and, of course the cash).  That doesn't mean that I don't like some of the old stuff, I do!  But, the very fact that they have rebanded for the reunion tour demonstrates a lack of credibility as true artists and puts them in the same category as KISS - just in it for the money, honey.
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2004, 08:59:21 PM »

Motley and Guns??? No way, simply because I dont believe that Guns will ever tour again. ? Cry

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2004, 11:23:51 AM »

After watching the performance MC put on at the video game award show, they shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence with GNR.

FOr those who thought the gnrs vma performance was bad I would love to hear what you have to say about this performance. What an absolute friggen joke. It was probably the most pathetic rock performance ive ever seen.

GNR would blow this band out of the water. Its not even an issue.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2004, 11:33:32 AM »

Just to aks anyone regardless of motley crue, or nins, or whoever that's popular making a comeback..

Why would you want to share venues with so many non gnr fans?? I want to see new gnr with a small band so the places are packed with gnr fans, but that's just me, especially on a comeback tour..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2004, 11:53:18 AM »

Just to aks anyone regardless of motley crue, or nins, or whoever that's popular making a comeback..

Why would you want to share venues with so many non gnr fans?? I want to see new gnr with a small band so the places are packed with gnr fans, but that's just me, especially on a comeback tour..
I want to see non GNR fans blown away with GNR music and fall for them.
But not the Motley crowd, preferably, so sorry?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2004, 05:40:54 PM »

GnR ain't never gonna tour with them.

But listen...I'm gonna see them in Orlando so if anybody wants to meet me up there, pm me!? smoking

When are they in Orlando?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2004, 10:55:23 PM »

never gonna happen, and thank god it wont

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2004, 02:18:32 PM »

Oasis and GNR.  That would be a lot of drama for one bill.   I could see the back stage fights right now. 

Ritz Reeves III
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2004, 02:29:21 PM »

I just want to bash Vince for a sec. he is a fat, cheesy, piece of trash that never wrote a legitimate song! Hell, he couldnt even take care of his own daughter! I know two things for sure in life, one, Axl would kick Vince's ass, and two, if Axl had children, they wouldnt be dieing, because Axl is a real man, and would save them with the power of his music...Vince is a douche bag. Period.

Cos I'm A Human Being...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2004, 02:38:28 PM »

I just want to bash Vince for a sec. he is a fat, cheesy, piece of trash that never wrote a legitimate song! Hell, he couldnt even take care of his own daughter! I know two things for sure in life, one, Axl would kick Vince's ass, and two, if Axl had children, they wouldnt be dieing, because Axl is a real man, and would save them with the power of his music...Vince is a douche bag. Period.

Wow...how incredibly stupid.  You should reevaluate your entire outlook on life.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2004, 02:54:53 PM »

Why the fuck not?
because I don't want to see the name "Guns n' Roses" associated with anything Metal. That's as simple as that.
Mark Knopfler (remember Dire Straits  yes) would be great. He is a true artist and a great (Blues)man.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 04:27:41 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2004, 03:04:15 PM »

I agree with "metal" being associated with Gn'R. It shouldn't exist. That is why the metal countdown on VH1 was a joke "estranged" being a awesomely bad metal song my ass. It is a bad metal song. This is the reason why Vh1 f'n' idiots cause it is not a metal song. You are dumb motherfuckers!!!

Cos I'm A Human Being...
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2004, 03:21:13 PM »

You have no fucking right to use Vince doughter?s death as a way of bashing Vince.You clearley have no idea of hapened to her.She had to go threw thousands of operations within weeks, she had parts of her liver, pancreas, stomache and almost her whole chest infected.All this parts of her body were bigger? because of the infection, so that made her hard to breath.Save them with the power of his music??Do yourself a favor and shut up.If? Axl had a son and he had the same thing Vince daughter had, she wouldnt have had a chance, just like Vince daughter didnt.Dont put her in the midle of a discution between Axl and Vince.Bastard......

Baby Slash//
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 03:24:14 PM by Slashly » Logged

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2004, 05:42:05 PM »

I just want to bash Vince for a sec. he is a fat, cheesy, piece of trash that never wrote a legitimate song!

yes, but he was the one who them a commercial hit, respect 2 him 4 that beer

and he was amazing durin shout at the devil-best vince vocal ever peace

maybe they will end up playing at the same week sometimes if gnr also tours the world 05?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2004, 05:51:19 PM »

As usual, a thread about somebody touring with GN'R turns into a thread about how much that band sucks or how great they are.

Go read the Bad Obsession section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: