Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why don't GNR use gnronline.com?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why don't GNR use gnronline.com?  (Read 11202 times)
Jaxl Stanley
« on: February 03, 2005, 12:47:22 PM »

The official website hasnt been used for a good long while, we had the rock in rio 4 annoucement and then the cancellation of it and buckethead leaving the band, but none of this was ever put on as news on gnronline.com

surely any band would put news of an upcoming performance or a member leaving on their official website, there both pretty big topics. statements were issued but never on the website.

recent news is axl signing a new publishing deal, again its regarding gnr but nothing is said on the website

i just dont get it, i imagine the site gets a lot of hits daily, so statements should be put on there first
Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 01:02:44 PM »

Because it's Interscope's Official site for the band.  It is not owned by GNR.

It don't really matter...
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »

One rumor has the band getting a new website in the near future possibly with a www.gunsnroses.com or some other domain name. ?But to my knowledge this rumor has never been confirmed by anyone associated with GNR. ?I think it was probably bourne out of a fan's wishful thinking and not a real reliable source.

That being said, do we even have any reliable info (no that does not include statements by so-called band members/hired musicaians) that GNR even exists anymore? ?This new publishing deal would have been necessary even if there is never any new material released. ?

When was the last time we heard anything regarding the band being a band? ? was it the Buckethead press release of almost a year ago? ?I really don't think statements by Reed or Stinson mean anything.

Who knows.

-I'm a Charity Case - Send Money
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 01:19:23 PM »

Tommy said in oslo

Future with GNR: When the ball starts rolling sometime after new years, everything will happen. Videos, interviews, a new and updated website. They will be making videos for sure and be on tour.

http://www.gnrsucks.com/news.php?extend.72

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Dust N Rose
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 03:13:31 PM »

I think it's the same reason we almost never have official news.
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 05:11:26 PM »

just for fun, i went to gnronline...
I hadn't been there for over 1 year..

isn't it funny that in the search event feature, you can search for events "Next week!"

"No Events Found"

no kidding?!!!!

Wink
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 06:13:26 PM »

mh...   I don`t think its funny, it`s really sad Embarrassed

And it really wasn`t that hard for Axl to make a new website with a news section and some new pics of him.
and i think on the website he could make an official gnr forum ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 06:17:40 PM »

Because it's Interscope's Official site for the band.? It is not owned by GNR.

They could've promoted Greatest Hits with it, but chose not to. You know, the usual set: track listing, a brief history, etc. I wonder, were they afraid of invoking even more bad blood with Axl?

One rumor has the band getting a new website in the near future possibly with a www.gunsnroses.com or some other domain name. ?But to my knowledge this rumor has never been confirmed by anyone associated with GNR. ?I think it was probably bourne out of a fan's wishful thinking and not a real reliable source.

Fact: Axl owns the gunsnroses.com domain name. Do a WHOIS query on it to see for yourself. I pretty much believe that domain will replace gnronline once CD surfaces, as Axl would probably want his management over at Sanctuary to maintain the official GNR site instead of Geffen/Interscope.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 06:31:20 PM »

It defies belief that here we are in 2005 and one of the biggest active bands in the world have no proper website!

U'd think it was 1990!

Is there any other serious band either dead or alive in a similiar position?

Even the Beatles site regularily updates and they haven't done much for a while, to say the least.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 07:10:52 PM »

"...one of the biggest active bands...", are you kidding? My love life has more activity, and that's not saying much. Wink

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
anythinggoes
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 04:39:41 AM »

Because it's Interscope's Official site for the band.? It is not owned by GNR.

They could've promoted Greatest Hits with it, but chose not to. You know, the usual set: track listing, a brief history, etc. I wonder, were they afraid of invoking even more bad blood with Axl?

there was a page set up to advertise Greatest hits which played extracts and had some photos cant remember what the address is now though
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 08:38:16 AM »

there was a page set up to advertise Greatest hits which played extracts and had some photos cant remember what the address is now though

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/gnr/

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 09:41:54 AM »

That Hyperlaunch site is something I would had liked to see in GNROnline back in the day. I mean, Geffen did promote Live Era there, why not GH instead of those ancient tour dates? GH would've also been a sort of timeless release, and they could've gone with another two years without updating the site any more than that.    hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 09:53:06 AM »

Tommy said in oslo

Future with GNR: When the ball starts rolling sometime after new years, everything will happen. Videos, interviews, a new and updated website. They will be making videos for sure and be on tour.

I love how every current "band member" refers to the band as they and not we
 hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
captain_corona
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts Now

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 11:15:29 AM »

"...one of the biggest active bands...", are you kidding? My love life has more activity, and that's not saying much. Wink

lol rofl

if i could just say a few more words i'd be a better public speaker
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 11:42:35 AM »

Tommy said in oslo

hihi

I think when he said "they" he meant "they" as in "The label and the video producers"....but then again, tacking on the "be on tour" piece sure makes it sound the way you're reading it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

Tommy said in oslo

hihi

Actually, the article is written from the interviewer's perspective. If you read the whole thing, there's a lot of "We asked" and "Tommy said". Thus 'they', in this case, refers to Tommy and the rest of the band.

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 08:30:40 PM »

Becasue theres no news to report  Tongue

Riot In Everyone!
GnRz
Headliner

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 10:46:25 PM »

hmmmmm.why don't axl use gunsnroses.com?....................
 confused
speed_stone
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 10:52:28 PM »

the only major band in the world with no official web site, you gotta love the attitude of w. axl rose rofl Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: