Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:43:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  something not right in VR land?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: something not right in VR land?  (Read 18935 times)
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 11:00:39 PM »

I don't think that Jarmo was trying to be funny I think that he was trying to express why Slash drinking hinself into oblivion is worrisome.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 11:09:59 PM »

koby's, i am not a spokesperson for Yarmo, however, it is my beleif, that he was being a smart azz.  Right now Slash may be a little bored and is having fun, but I would like to see the so called "drunk" show. Is he passing out?  Is he puking on stage?  Can he not play a song?  Well, how is he drinking himself to death?  Its focking Rock N Roll.  Look at Keith Richards.....  I think Slash is fine and is very happy and loves his job.  He is ready to record the next album.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 11:26:54 PM »

koby's, i am not a spokesperson for Yarmo, however, it is my beleif, that he was being a smart azz.  Right now Slash may be a little bored and is having fun, but I would like to see the so called "drunk" show. Is he passing out?  Is he puking on stage?  Can he not play a song?  Well, how is he drinking himself to death?  Its focking Rock N Roll.  Look at Keith Richards.....  I think Slash is fine and is very happy and loves his job.  He is ready to record the next album.

I'm not so sure that he was being a smart ass (though I don't know because I don't know Jarmo or his personality). What I do know is that on the Snakepit tour he was hospitalized with heart probs due to excessive drinking. Since this VR thing started I have been reading reviews of shows on Belowempty.com and the last few are the only ones where several of the people mention Slash being noticibly drunk. It kind of concerns me. Then when Duff and Slash perform at Gilby's show people are saying that Slash is noticibly wasted. I just wonder what is going on with him that he's staying so drunk. I would hate to see him drink himself to death.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 11:52:33 PM »

Scott seems like a real interesting dude.

He and Matt were into it over Matt's groupie obsession

Duff and Scott are on the wagon and If any of u are recovering addicts, Do u have any idea how hard and tempting it must be for those guys?

When  u are in Scott's position, the last thing u need is to hang around someone who is doing what u are fighting the battle of your life against.

So I'm just curious if that causes any problems?

For those who have never had drug habits

it would be like being on a diet and your best friend constantly brings large pizzas and cokes over to your house every night.

Makes it damn hard to stay on your diet

being around Slash must make it tough on Scott and Duff. just like being around half naked groupies would make it tough not to cheat.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 12:16:02 AM »

Yeah but Scott is a recovering drug addict.. Slash is drinking.. kinda different I guess.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 01:25:17 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 12:20:45 AM »

Just got home from the Cleveland show and if that is a band in turmoil than they deserve an academy award because you would have never been able to tell from the way they were acting.

This show was light years better than the show I saw in November in Cincinnati. The guys seemed much more into it and talkative than last time I saw them.

I feel bad D that you didn't catch them on a good night because you really really missed out.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 12:26:05 AM »

no shit dude, i hear bout Scott walkin into the crowd into the cheap seats and shit, and slash running around etc

but none of that happened at my show.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2005, 01:02:32 AM »

Yeah,

Scott was out in the middle of the crowd tonight. Slash was talking a bunch which he didn't do at the last show I was at. And 2 boot the 2 of them were interacting alot, which from what you were saying didn't happen at all at your show.

Scott said tonight they just finished recording the fantastic 4 single yesterday in Cleveland, so maybe the band had a chance to hang out and get straightenend out whatever was going on. Scott also said it will be the lead single of the movie, so let's hope the movie does well and the song gets popular.

You had me a bit worried about what to expect from your comments about the poor show you saw, but I was blown away given I had low expectations. There were guitar solos, and Scott in the crowd, and all sorts of other stuff that just made it so much better than the show I saw previously. Plus, Scott lived in Cleveland for a while so he was in a good mood tonight which really helps get everyone else going. Couple that with a hot crowd and it made for an awesome night.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2005, 05:51:40 AM »

no shit dude, i hear bout Scott walkin into the crowd into the cheap seats and shit, and slash running around etc

but none of that happened at my show.

that was the nyc show, scott loving the fans talking about rock n roll and how great the respective former bands were treated in my hometown.. Slash and scott were always by eachother's side, scott adn matt just talking away... There was no signs of any riff in the band.. Most people just se a show, then buy an album, not many get this deep into each members every move.. There should be no reason to worry until there is one.. Scott matt both mentioned a new album, scott has called these guys brothers and said duff saved his life with martial arts, so I know they are good.. Every family has battles but the thing is to understand and let them go..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2005, 08:49:13 AM »

koby's, i am not a spokesperson for Yarmo, however, it is my beleif, that he was being a smart azz.?

Well, maybe you're wrong.

I can understand why people are worried, his rock n' roll lifestyle almost killed him.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2005, 09:36:02 AM »

I've definitely noticed that Slash's alchohol consumption seems to be on the rise of late. Even that 5star pic someone posted showed him drinking with his preshow meal. I guess I just expected a little more out of him since he's now married w/ children & seemingly has so incredibly much to live for. I guess it goes to show everyone that we're all human & even Slash still might need a little help getting out there on stage.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2005, 09:42:33 AM »

But everyone knows that someone who has an addiction will have ups...and...downs..

Recovering means just that, it doesn't always mean stopping all, it means being able to control a bit.

But slash hadn't toured like this in years, he needs reajustment, that's all. he needs support, not people making him weaker.

Nothing to say
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2005, 09:49:29 AM »

I've definitely noticed that Slash's alchohol consumption seems to be on the rise of late. Even that 5star pic someone posted showed him drinking with his preshow meal. I guess I just expected a little more out of him since he's now married w/ children & seemingly has so incredibly much to live for. I guess it goes to show everyone that we're all human & even Slash still might need a little help getting out there on stage.

I posted that pic, it wasn't slash rofl The properties say not slash

that is some dude from jone's beach who was in the vip section dressed like slash hihi

everything looked great saturday

« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 09:55:41 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2005, 11:13:45 AM »

HAHA, that's cool it's not Slash, as I thought the tophat looked a little smallish, the hair a little long & it was strange he was drinking a Bud or two. Like Slash actually hangsout with a tophat on nowadays anyway. I just really hope Slash can keep his shit together cause i want this band to be around for a long time. Just don't want him going all Eddie Van Halen on us & not taking care of himself.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2005, 12:13:48 PM »

am I missing something here? Have there been bad gig reviews concernig Slash's drinking? Is drinking disturbing his playing?? If not, let the man drink his guinness every now and then.

John Daniels asks:
Dear HTGTH, what should I do? I'm having more than couple of six packs per week, should I be dead worried?

HTGTH-messageboard answers:
Please John Daniels. Stop your self damaging lifestyle, you have another leg in a grave. Do not take more than one six pack per week.

Wink

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2005, 12:32:23 PM »

am I missing something here? Have there been bad gig reviews concernig Slash's drinking? Is drinking disturbing his playing?  If not, let the man drink his guinness every now and then.

As I was saying I just saw the last show saturday he didn't miss beat he was everywhere switching double neck guitars and like 4 others playing his ass off.. SOmeone who saw slash up with gilby in cleveland said he appeared drunk.. I'm sure he was having a great time drinking at the club,.,, Next thing we'll see how many times he masturbates a week or cleans his ass.. hihi
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

I don't see why his drinking is a such a big deal.  Obviously, it's not affecting his playing or his ability to do interviews and so forth.   Yes, a concern for this health is always understandable that none of us would want or wish anything bad to happen.  I am sure he is on top of his health and even if he isn't, he is a big boy and has been drinking for years, I am sure he knows his limit.   The man is Slash after all, it's part of his lifestyle. Cool

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2005, 06:45:43 PM »

Slash is fine.  I am sorry if he missed a note on a solo that 99% can't even play.  So everyone calm down.  He is having fun, and I think it is great.  I don't want him to die either.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2005, 06:59:01 PM »

i think the reason they cancelled the vip at soundcheck is because they are working on new material during soundcheck as Slash said in that new interview that was just posted here
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2005, 07:37:58 PM »

This is a hard one, Slash is drinking alot recently, I thought the show was great when i saw em recently !, -----The thing i have been starting to notice , On bootlegs and live performances i pick up on the internet, Slash has been hacking alot of solos, no I dont remember him doin this back when GNR still existed,

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: