Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:39:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  something not right in VR land?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: something not right in VR land?  (Read 19042 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2005, 05:35:26 PM »

so its been close to a year but he is never gonna be out of the woods.

Agreed.

All bets are off when addiction is involved.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2005, 05:43:21 PM »

anyone can crack wether you've been clean a year or seven.. I just don't feel like sitting around thinking about when it will or might happen. The band is playing and rocking out so that's all that matters to me.
Scott said he tried every "normal" rehab in the rise of vr, then he said duff hooked him up with martial arts, so maybe this time it will be different../ Many people fall time after time then eventually they stop.. Wink
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2005, 05:50:10 PM »

okay so when exactly 2yrs past and Scott sets his record for staying clean then can we stop talking about it please. How many more months til he hits 2yrs left so I can start counting down?...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2005, 06:57:59 PM »

okay so when exactly 2yrs past and Scott sets his record for staying clean then can we stop talking about it please. How many more months til he hits 2yrs left so I can start counting down?...

Ask Keith Richards or the Aerosmith guys.

Drugs will probably always be mentioned in the stories when Scott's name is mentioned.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2005, 07:09:52 PM »

Drugs will probably always be mentioned in the stories when Scott's name is mentioned.

/jarmo

That's for sure.

Sadly enough, Scott's name is almost as closely associated with drug use as it is with music.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
badapple81
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2005, 10:59:53 PM »

Scott isnt out of the woods yet, didnt de stay clean for almost 2 years once?

then look what happened

so its been close to a year but he is never gonna be out of the woods.

I think Duff would be a great mentor in that department for Scott. Look at how he stood by him during his court troubles.

Anyways, looks like D unfortunately didn't see Slash at his best, which really is a rare occurance, from what I've heard, all is back on track, thankfully  yes
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 11:01:36 PM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2005, 11:22:26 PM »

I just saw them lastnight in Jersey and it was the best VR show out of the 6 I've seen! Great setlist and they were on there game especially Scott! beer
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2005, 04:41:33 AM »

Scott seems like a real interesting dude.

He and Matt were into it over Matt's groupie obsession

Duff and Scott are on the wagon and If any of u are recovering addicts, Do u have any idea how hard and tempting it must be for those guys?

When? u are in Scott's position, the last thing u need is to hang around someone who is doing what u are fighting the battle of your life against.

So I'm just curious if that causes any problems?

For those who have never had drug habits

it would be like being on a diet and your best friend constantly brings large pizzas and cokes over to your house every night.

Makes it damn hard to stay on your diet

being around Slash must make it tough on Scott and Duff. just like being around half naked groupies would make it tough not to cheat.

I don't think it makes it more difficult. I've quit smoking (had been smoking for 15 years, 1 pack a day minimum) 5 months ago and I am constantly surrounded by smokers. It doesn't make it more difficult to me, either you have or not have the will and strength. By the way, the book by Allen Carr does help a lot!!!

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2005, 09:36:06 AM »

The key to staying clean (from my own life experiences) is keeping away from booze, that is the gateway to everything.. I know some people can do just booze without drugs, but booze impaired your common sence and you tend to do things you normally wouldn't, and shit like blow is definetyl one of them..  When I first quit I was able to keep my cool sober but once the drinks started flowing and some old apl showed up it was on..

I think it's a one day at a time process and that's why you have friends to help you throught the bad time..
Rigth now I think vr is running on all cylinders and each time I have seen them they have gotten even better,,, Eevryone is going to have  a bad show, doesn't mean anything is wrong..
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2005, 12:41:55 PM »

I disagree with your alcohol comment. I drink regularly and get drunk regularly and Ive never wanted to do drugs. As Zakk Wylde says "Stay true to the brew" I have no interest in drug abuse sober or drunk. Its all about the individual
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2005, 01:47:16 PM »

I disagree with your alcohol comment. I drink regularly and get drunk regularly and Ive never wanted to do drugs. As Zakk Wylde says "Stay true to the brew" I have no interest in drug abuse sober or drunk. Its all about the individual
I said drinking as a former drug user ok Maybe I didn't make it clear.. I was speaking for myself saying if you ever were into drugs the best way to stay clean is by NOT drinking
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2005, 03:33:05 PM »

Fair enough man peace
badapple81
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2005, 01:06:46 AM »

I finally got around to putting 02-May-05 Bridgeport onto DVD and listened to the Raliegh CD, and VR and definately kicking some serious ass!  yes

Im loving the addition of Dirty Little Thing and You Got No Right to the setlist (I saw them played in Sydney too and it was great) and since, the Wish You Were Here cover, brilliant stuff  ok
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2005, 10:38:52 PM »

I think all is well, they are probably just tired but i seen them in Pittsburgh on the 18th and they were on fire. It has been said a million times but there chemistry as a band is unbelivable.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2005, 12:15:20 PM »

nothing is perfect, they are eating breathing and living the same life for a year straight now.. if I see anyone to damn much i want to flip out..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2005, 06:59:50 PM »

after the recent cancellations, maybe I was right?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2005, 09:19:21 AM »

Guys,

Relax. Think about it, these guys have been flogging this album to death on the road. They are not in the huge acts they were so they can do 5/6 shows a week against say 3-4 a week when you're a stadium/ large arena act.  If anything, I think they are right to close out the summer on the Ozzfest high and hunker down for a new album.

I believe Scott will stay clean; read his article about his drug use, the man has had enough bad luck associated with his old habit. He lost everything: wife, kids, STP, a lot of his money, his self-respect and his sanity.  He's back with a band he is clearly proud of, he may get pissy with Matt and Slash sometimes but tell me who in a band doesn't have their spats?

They are probably jaded with the Contraband tracks and are looking forward to moving on. The fact that 4 wives and 6 children now have to be considered also changes things. They are not a bunch of 21 year old tearaways anymore. Marriages crumble and children get fucked up when Daddy is away too long with too many old temptations hovering around. Those men love their families so much, they have all said so and they probably would like to chill out by the pool with the wife and watch the kids enjoy the summer. Contraband has probably sold about 4 million worldwide which along with the tour was a nice earner. They have earned the rest.

I hope to see them all back with a killer album for Christmas or soon after. Thanks for rockin' the last year VR.  ok
Cheers,
Intercourse.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 09:27:59 AM by Intercourse » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2005, 10:12:34 AM »

after the recent cancellations, maybe I was right?

they played last night and I read rocking review.. ok They probably just have to much on their plate.. If they did break up they would back out of live aid,
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2005, 05:32:50 PM »

im sure they just wanna get started on the new record sooner, so that they can play the new songs sooner

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2005, 05:41:45 PM »

I agree, I say they are pretty sick of the same ole same list every single night.

But if there were just 4 more shows u would think they could tough that out, maybe poor ticket sales?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: