Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  something not right in VR land?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: something not right in VR land?  (Read 18938 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2005, 08:19:38 PM »

This is a hard one, Slash is drinking alot recently, I thought the show was great when i saw em recently !, -----The thing i have been starting to notice , On bootlegs and live performances i pick up on the internet, Slash has been hacking alot of solos, no I dont remember him doin this back when GNR still existed,

You obviously haven't seen many GN'R performances then.

I've seen and heard many GN'R and VR performances and Slash can go from brilliant to sloppy to brilliant again, often in one solo, and even within one song.
He's always played like that live, he's not a flawless player, but allot of that he makes up for with feel and style, and also cause he looks so damn cool. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2005, 08:48:58 PM »

This is a hard one, Slash is drinking alot recently, I thought the show was great when i saw em recently !, -----The thing i have been starting to notice , On bootlegs and live performances i pick up on the internet, Slash has been hacking alot of solos, no I dont remember him doin this back when GNR still existed,

You obviously haven't seen many GN'R performances then.

I've seen and heard many GN'R and VR performances and Slash can go from brilliant to sloppy to brilliant again, often in one solo, and even within one song.
He's always played like that live, he's not a flawless player, but allot of that he makes up for with feel and style, and also cause he looks so damn cool. ok
Maybe i saw em to early in their carreer, all 3 times were on the Apppetite tour, i think the shows may have mattered more then, they were a new band fighting for attention, and it is true , musically, guns were never perfect, it is not what they were about, and i love em for it, I can understand it if he is experimenting onstage, cause these are not small mistakes like a note or two, he digs a hole and has to fight his way out. Dont know,, maybe he has been like this for years, I think he is amazing, and i always want him to succeed, it actually hurts me to see him fuck in up

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2005, 10:04:46 PM »

I don't need to drink, I am a social drinker.  Drinking wine with dinner is NORMAL.  Drinking Beer is normal.  Having shots is normal.  Getting a buzz from drinking is normal and legal.  Do I want to watch a wasted Slash?  No....  But if he was really wasted, he wouldn't be able to go through a whole show.  The are so active the would probably vomit.  This is the gaest thread ever.....  Slash is focking Slash, deal with it people, he is the real deal.  AA is not for him, he knows, when to tone down.  How many interviews has he said this in?  Jarmo, why do I get the feeling you secretly want him to become a drunk, washed up piece of sheot?  Slash Rules!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »

Jarmo, why do I get the feeling you secretly want him to become a drunk, washed up piece of sheot??

Probably because you're clueless?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2005, 11:32:30 AM »

That really is the truth.. I have seen slash in a  trance at shows where he couldbe kneeling with his eyes closed sweating or headbanging just playing the guitar like it's crying, the emtions flowing.. Like the guitar really is an extention of his body.. His eyes shut, him playing the guitar like he is romancing a women or charming  a snake.. Bending strings with very rapid finger sped.. I think with his style you are bound to fuck up.. He was head banging like crazy at jones beach and was playing them extrodinary.. I hope his health stays good, but as said he is a big boy, sure he must have  aphyscial or blood test to chedck his liver enzymes..
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2005, 12:44:06 PM »

little boys at war, am i allowed to sit down with a sandwich and give points ?  rofl

Nothing to say
James_Ramone
Headliner

Right next door to hell

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2005, 04:44:24 PM »

fuckin chill out people,  Slash has 2 kids, i dont think he'd do anything so over the top after all hes been through to start killing himself via alcohol, hes a rockstar and he drinks maybe a little too much, but thats what its all about, Slash is God. If slash was going too overboard, dont you think somebody like Duff would step in anyway?

G'N'F'N'R's
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2005, 10:33:58 PM »

Jarmo, you sarcastic fock, you don't ever surprise me anymore.  Thing is, we all know how you think.  When is the last time you ever said anything good about Slash?   no  Everything you say is just so bitter sounding.  Its like when Dan Rather had to admit Bush won the election.  He hated doing it, but it is his job.  You report about VR, and you only give your opinion on them when it is usually negative.  I just don't get the hate anymore.  How many times have you seen them live?  3 or 4 right?  Each time you said it was a good show.  You don't like weiland, but you like the band enough to see them, but you hate how they act, but you still go to capture some gnr stuff and so you can be objective.  But you are no longer objective.  You are biased against VR.  Its fine, but please don't act like you are concerned for Slash's health.  You are only commenting on this because it is a negative subject about Slash.  You and I both know that people are over reacting about this.  Period. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2005, 05:37:45 AM »

Jarmo, you sarcastic fock, you don't ever surprise me anymore.? Thing is, we all know how you think.? When is the last time you ever said anything good about Slash?? ?no? Everything you say is just so bitter sounding.? Its like when Dan Rather had to admit Bush won the election.? He hated doing it, but it is his job.? You report about VR, and you only give your opinion on them when it is usually negative.? I just don't get the hate anymore.? How many times have you seen them live?? 3 or 4 right?? Each time you said it was a good show.? You don't like weiland, but you like the band enough to see them, but you hate how they act, but you still go to capture some gnr stuff and so you can be objective.? But you are no longer objective.? You are biased against VR.? Its fine, but please don't act like you are concerned for Slash's health.? You are only commenting on this because it is a negative subject about Slash.? You and I both know that people are over reacting about this.? Period.?

Thanks for the analysis. Too bad you got nothing right, but I guess it makes you happy that you "know" the real me.

Stop acting like you fucking know me or what I think, you have no fucking clue. Which is kinda obvious considering all the rubbish you just posted.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 05:41:13 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2005, 04:11:36 PM »

I understand Slash's style and the way he plays he is bound to fuck up occassionally

but guys, he missed a slow bend during the YGNR solo

a solo that a 16 year old beginner could play with ease.

I understand fuckin up a tad during a fast blistering solo
'
but this was like a whole note bend and he missed the fucking string.

I expect a garage band down the street to do this but this is Slash, one of the greatest guitarist of all time.

Im all into YGNR and the solo kicks in and he misses the entire fuckin string?

CMON!

Slash is my fav guitarist of all time but that was amateurish and ridiculous.

He just didnt blow me away and that kind of disappointed me, call it high expectations or what not, but I really didnt feel any vibe at all from Slash.

Scott Weiland however had me jumpin out of my skin.

I just find it sort of disrespectful to do stuff around a guy who has had a life long battle with it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »

Jarmo, calm down.  you actually acted like I was right.  I am just messing.  why do you get so defensive?  sheesh!  I like the Scott Weiland performance (i know that is off subject).  D, sorry Slash had an off night the show you saw him at.  Jarmo, can we learn to get a long?  Do you want to address my post or just make personal attacks?  Please advise, I don't like the leader of the greatest GNR site ever on my bad side?  I will never speak you name in vain again.  I am sorry I misunderstood the point of your VR related posts.

Smoking Guns..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2005, 06:16:13 PM »

Jarmo, calm down.? you actually acted like I was right.? I am just messing.? why do you get so defensive?? sheesh!?

Because your "act" was nothing new. It's been all said before by others who think they know me because they've seen my posts.

/jarmo

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2005, 06:44:57 PM »

Well i think i saw the worst slash performance the other day on the st louis 91 riot bootleg, hes way to stoned/drunk and he plays terrible,.

html sucks
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2005, 08:11:37 PM »

I noticed that during some of the 93 shows.....I forget which DVD i have but Slash gives a really lackluster performance......of course I would attribute it to being on the road for almost 2 years straight, but i was really let down by some of his antics that night......all his solos were pretty sloppy and he didn't run around at all......he even played one solo i think for nightrain on his knees without moving at all.........compared to the appetite era dvd's i've seen and the tokyo 92 show he was on fire then.....totally all over the place and wailing on every solo doing amazing improvisations and this and that.   I'm sure just like anyone he has his off nights but I wouldn't worry about Slash, he's one of the greatest and he knows what he's doing.  I mean I can remember hearing about shows where Axl just sat down and sung 3 or 4 songs.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
badapple81
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2005, 01:14:57 AM »

I understand Slash's style and the way he plays he is bound to fuck up occassionally

but guys, he missed a slow bend during the YGNR solo

a solo that a 16 year old beginner could play with ease.

I understand fuckin up a tad during a fast blistering solo
'
but this was like a whole note bend and he missed the fucking string.

I expect a garage band down the street to do this but this is Slash, one of the greatest guitarist of all time.

Im all into YGNR and the solo kicks in and he misses the entire fuckin string?

CMON!

Slash is my fav guitarist of all time but that was amateurish and ridiculous.

He just didnt blow me away and that kind of disappointed me, call it high expectations or what not, but I really didnt feel any vibe at all from Slash.

Scott Weiland however had me jumpin out of my skin.

I just find it sort of disrespectful to do stuff around a guy who has had a life long battle with it.

Are you talking about Slash doing it in front of Scott? Scott's battle is with herion and other drugs (yes if someone wants to get technical alcohol is a 'drug'), not with the bottle as far as I know.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2005, 02:12:57 AM »

some people, including myself believes that one drug can lead to another.

Some people it doesnt, but Scott is obviously a getting high junkie.

some start out with alcohol then go to marijuana, then go to pills and then so on and so on.

Scott needs to stay completely away from any kind of drug, including alcohol and it would have to be hard someone constantly doing it under your nose.

Just like Matt and his backstage whores.

If u are trying to be a faithful husband but 50 gorgeous groupies are walkin around naked backstage, tempation would set in.

I think someone recovering and in the fragile state Scott's in, doesnt need any temptations.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2005, 11:55:02 AM »

I think someone recovering and in the fragile state Scott's in, doesnt need any temptations.

I'm sure it's tough, but recovery is never easy.  I for one thought Scott would fall off the wagon and succumb to his demons.  Hell, I think I predicted it would happen 3 weeks in to the initial leg of the tour and have since been proved wrong, big time.

Being in a successful rock band lends itself to temptation, he knew that the second he got on board.  They've apparently found a way to coexist so I wouldn't be chastizing any particular member for any particular behavior anytime soon.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2005, 12:49:07 PM »

scott doesn't drink anymore either. I don't think he was ever a big drinker. All he does is smoke cigarettes now
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2005, 03:35:06 PM »

Scott isnt out of the woods yet, didnt de stay clean for almost 2 years once?

then look what happened

so its been close to a year but he is never gonna be out of the woods.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2005, 03:52:07 PM »

Scott isnt out of the woods yet, didnt de stay clean for almost 2 years once?

then look what happened

so its been close to a year but he is never gonna be out of the woods.

except he's around guys who are clean now whereas the guys in STP predominantly Dean and Eric were occassional users making it really hard for Scott to stay clean. That plus the fact that he almost lost his family for good but won them back and has been clean ever since with the help of Duff gives us all the season to believe he has turned the corner. If you're going to be waiting for the day when he falls off the wagon then you're going to be waiting forever might friend, its not happening. Sorry to disappoint ya!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: