Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:06:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl  (Read 39612 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2005, 07:19:19 PM »

Because all Brian May heard was various instrumentals. Same thing with Moby. That is actually the main reason Moby left the project. No progress was being made. There were no lyrics or vocals to go along with these instrumentals, so he bailed.

No he didnt. What are you talking about. Brian May commented on Axls voice saying it sounded outrageous. May said Axl had two albums done of FINISHED material with vocals. Damn stop making shit up.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2005, 07:26:32 PM »

Go read some of Moby's interviews from 1999/2000. I dont remember what magazines the interviews were in, but I'm sure you can find them on the net somewhere. I'm not 'making shit up'.You're just one of those people that believes every positive spin put on the situation, and disbelieves anything negative about it. Wake up!

badapple81
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2005, 07:33:16 PM »

Go read some of Moby's interviews from 1999/2000. I dont remember what magazines the interviews were in, but I'm sure you can find them on the net somewhere. I'm not 'making shit up'.You're just one of those people that believes every positive spin put on the situation, and disbelieves anything negative about it. Wake up!

One might say you are looking at every negative of it. Plus Brian May's info was more recent than Moby's was it not? Brian May heard Axl's vocals first hand and commented on the amount of material. The new line up was in much more of an advanced stage than when Moby was playing around with the music.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2005, 07:37:58 PM »

Moby heard the parts before Brian May. Moby heard it when Finck was in the band without BH and with Josh Freese on drums.

When May heard the songs May said Axl had two albums done with vocals.   Go listen to his interview. Do you claim that May was lying? Use  your common sense.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2005, 07:43:24 PM »

Plus, in Sanctuary's press release as to the publishing deal "dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music" are mentioned.
Dozens=20~100

No one is talking about bloody 200 songs here except one.
Axl did mention 70 songs. Could be less, could be more. Read between lines and make no sense in that case.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2005, 07:47:21 PM »

And didnt one of the band members say that they had like 25 or so A listed songs that will be pick from for the album?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2005, 07:48:20 PM »

Yeah, you got a point. I think Moby was working on it in late 97/98. He took a very negative approach to the situation also. But he did say the music was good. I haven't seen this Brian May article about Axl's vocals that you are referring to. I remember reading one of his interviews where he only commented about the music. What I dont like about this CD situation is how alot of you guys only believe the positive stuff. You'll believe the 50-200 songs shit, but you wont believe someone like Moby who said zero progress was being made, and there was no vocals to go along with the various instrumentals. Sure, progress has been made since 98. If there hasn't, then CD is a hoax. Just because progress was made much later on does not mean people should discount what Moby said.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2005, 07:52:36 PM »

James, God what is up with you? Moby said all that back in 1998. That is why Finck and Freese left the band.  May heard these songs some 2 or 3 years later. How hard is that to understand? People like you want to believe the worse and give Axl no credit. Its really getting old.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2005, 08:02:29 PM »

How hard is it to understand?? Hey, if you guys read an article where Brian May comments on his vocals, then I believe it. What do you mean by not giving Axl any credit? Its obvious CD had alot of trouble in taking shape, that cant be disputed. Whenever 'new' songs such as 'The Blues' and 'CD' are mentioned here, I always give positive remarks about them and I quickly defend Axl when people say these songs suck compared to old GNR, because that statement just isn't true. From what we've heard, CD has alot of potential. Does Axl think it has potential is the million dollar question. Yes, I give him credit, but only when its due.

Mr_Brownstone16
Headliner

I don't kiss ass to anyone

« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2005, 09:21:00 PM »

James, God what is up with you? Moby said all that back in 1998. That is why Finck and Freese left the band.? May heard these songs some 2 or 3 years later. How hard is that to understand? People like you want to believe the worse and give Axl no credit. Its really getting old.

the funny thing is 1998. The year i graduated from high school. This is what? year 7 or 8? I'm way out of college and he still hasn't put it out? It's ridiculous. It's in the back of my mind that it will come out, I'm sure it will be brilliant. But it's been forever.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2005, 12:39:54 PM »

You'll believe the 50-200 songs shit, but you wont believe someone like Moby who said zero progress was being made, and there was no vocals to go along with the various instrumentals.

Again, Who mentions that 200 songs crap in this tread??? No one but YOU.

All we are saying is that there would be 70+ materials, dozens of which have been solidly recorded.
(we don't know how many times-dizzy said they had like 2 versions for each songs. I bet Axl is a kind of guy who sticks to it even at the last second eleventh-hour to the deadline.)

It appears that you habitually misread between lines.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2005, 03:32:41 PM »

200 songs has been mentioned many times in all these forums. I'm not the only person who has mentioned this. Believe me, I wouldn't have brought up something so moronic if it hadn't been mentioned here before. Actually, I've always wondered where that high of a number came from.

Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2005, 10:05:09 PM »

I'm grateful for those who have responded thus far regarding Cornell's credibility as a high octave vocalist. He is definitely in the same (or similar) league as Rose, and there were often times when Cornell even had a rasp. I'm going to have to agree with Jarmo, however, about SG's mainstream success not quite reaching its peak until '94. Soundgarden was THE band of 1994, there's no debating that!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2005, 10:39:22 PM »

I'm grateful for those who have responded thus far regarding Cornell's credibility as a high octave vocalist. He is definitely in the same (or similar) league as Rose, and there were often times when Cornell even had a rasp. I'm going to have to agree with Jarmo, however, about SG's mainstream success not quite reaching its peak until '94. Soundgarden was THE band of 1994, there's no debating that!!!

No one is saying Chris cant sing high, he just cant singer higher than Axl.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #194 on: July 20, 2005, 12:23:43 AM »

absolute rubbish Dave

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2005, 12:35:25 AM »

absolute rubbish Dave

Sorry if the truth hurts.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2005, 01:04:50 AM »

Dave, I guess you still haven't listened to those Soundgarden songs I mentioned. You should listen to them instead of having a closed mind.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2005, 01:07:56 AM »

absolute rubbish Dave

Sorry if the truth hurts.

hey Im as big a fan of Axl as I am of Chris, but to suggest Axl can sing higher is
a)unfounded
and
b) inconsequential as Cornell has more power in his upper range now (today not in the past) than Axl

Listen to Jesus Christ Pose off Badmotorfinger Dave, and give me an example where Axl has sung as high, as strong and for as long

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2005, 01:13:26 AM »

Jimmy, I think that was one of the examples I gave him. Birth Ritual is another pretty good example. Actually, there's many examples. I think he's just one of those 'Axl is God' people and wont open his mind to anything else.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2005, 02:27:28 AM »

I don't know why Axl must do better everything than other people on Earth. Cornell's voice is much more skilled than Axl's, Cornell is more of a professional singer. In the 80s-90s Cornell had the better vocal range, he could have sung lower and higher than Axl, while he was able to sing the notes between the the extremes. Now Axl can sing sing much much higher than any other male artist in the music industry, but he lost his lows. Anyway, vocal range isn't everything, it's like someone would be a better guitarist because he can play faster. Really interesting, but it's more important what you play and how play it (I mean the right feel). And since IMO Axl's voice is (was?) such a unique voice and he wrote and writes vocal melodies that far superior comparing to anyone who's in the business right now that Cornell is not in the same league.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 06:23:25 AM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: