Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:40:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Prank Against (Tom) Cruise Leads to Arrest
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prank Against (Tom) Cruise Leads to Arrest  (Read 6255 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 01:37:20 PM »

Tom Cruise shoulv just sed can u please not do that next time i dont appreciate it rather than over reacting

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 01:49:33 PM »

Tom Cruise shoulv just sed can u please not do that next time i dont appreciate it rather than over reacting
Over-reacting would of been hitting the guy...even that's debatable, if he had said 'Can you please not do that next time i don't appreciate it' he would have looked like a tit they'd of been laughing at him, he's understandably pissed off, Movie Premiere, talking to fans and giving interviews in a good mood then a dick squirts water at you for no reason other than for a new C4 show which will probably suck since there is nothing funny at all about this, i read in the paper the same guys did this to Sharon Osbourne a few weeks back....she reacted by throwing a bucket of water over one of them...not often i say this to her but...well done ok
MCT
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 01:52:10 PM »

what's negativland? Huh

http://www.negativland.com/
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 04:08:46 PM »

fuck him. the grumpy little dwarf that he is. if you sell your soul to celebrity status then you accept that shit like that happens.

If you've ever appeared in OK, Hello, etc of your own choosing you can NEVER complain about being a celebrity as he's just another media whore at the capitalist gang-bang.

Agree. Yes it could have been worse, however it was only water, and there was really no point standing there labouring the issue that the guy did the wrong thing. TC would have come off the better if he'd said jerk and laughed and moved on straight away.

While I find it funny that I am defending TC, I find these comments ever stranger.

What would you do if somebody squirted some water in your face?

Just smiled and walked away? Yea right.

TC did just about what you said he should have: He laughed, then told the guy he was a jerk (twice) then looked at another reporter and said "Can you believe that?" and walked away. He spent about 20 seconds on the guy, and didn't use violence or even raise his voice for that matter. He seemed more shocked then anything "Why did you do that?" was one of the first things he said.

How is that overreacting? Given the way some actors, bite (Christian Slater), hit (Sean Penn...or take your pick), throw water (Sharon Ozbourne), yell (anybody really), flick off (Pick one), Kick (Seb Bach..or pick one), the list is endless.

How anybody could say he overreacted this this is being silly. With his debut movie, cameras all around him, and somebody egging him on....he held his cool.

Better than most of us probably would have done.
kiss-from-a-rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 05:39:25 PM »

In HIS place, I'd probably have gone just the way : "Nice. Thank You very much." (smiling)
then punch the guy off his shoes.  Tongue

No, seriously, he reacted just  like he actually IS in life: a relatively calm and cool person.
WHO knows what all this were for? 

TC is an actor/producer (businessman) who made the choice to be outgoing and excessively active on his public job, as an actor, offering to his fans not only his professional face, but also (and that was always part of his "credo") his private life, to some extent.
He seems handling it quite well, fans rather appreciate that thing, I guess he's just a generous being, in all sense,
and likes to offer considerably of "himself" to people who actually GO see his work.  He opted to be open to his public, the media and the world he lives in...assuming all the negative "side-effects" of that over-exposure.

But definitely, that must be HELL, just a NIGHTMARE  for his entourage, family, loved ones, to live their lifes through this entire media-shit...
THEY, they don't have the choice! 

I'd be TOO MUCH OF AN EGOIST not wanting to share anything private of my life, with anyone from the OUTSIDE, you see!
I just love calm and peace. But hell, I didn't chose his job either!  Grin

As for us GN'R fans, honestly, wouldn't be all pretty much happier with a bit more news from our hero, Axl the Rose?
GOD, of course we would!   peace

Think of it!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 08:31:55 PM »

Watch.....the guy will come back and sue Cruise for grabbing his arm, claiming "mental distress."

I bet you a fiver that doesn't happen. (Pound sterling, of course)

Dude, this happened in England...Not America.  ok

The reaction of people like the majority of you...

...Is what will motivate the people who did this even more.

Idiotic? Meh, you may call it that...

...But surely so was Monty Python, and the like. But, comedy genius, no?

'Idiotic', as was perhaps Ali G?

In my mind, comedy genius.

But it bothers me not how people like you label it.

I know I'm not an idiot, simply put.

But, I'm maybe starting to put words in your mouth....

...Stuck more to the subject: The joke? In idea and root, I'd enjoy in. In method and execution? Meh, average. Actually, below so. But not because of any moral objection that I hold to it...

...In this age of 'terrorism'? A water pistol, taking it too far?

Looks like all the scare mongering worked, George...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2005, 01:00:11 AM »

Didn't know it was not in the ole USA. We don't have the 'loser pays' clause over here. Wish we did. I'll hold my five bucks then............

The thing was not funny, because the guy went stone cold after he did it. He totally clammed up. I mean, he didn't have a line or anything funny to say. Nothing. Just sat there like a dumb farm animal.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: