Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Europeans prefer China to the US?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europeans prefer China to the US?  (Read 28829 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2005, 05:01:05 AM »

thats why France can be fucked up sometimes, because we hate our country no matter how great it is, no matter what happens, we always find a way to criticize .... and i like it Grin

Right.

And nothing gets better by letting it run itself.

Being critical yields progress.

Being arrogant........well we see what that has brought us haven't we?
GnRNightrain
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2005, 10:51:04 AM »

? Is there any other country that has a term such as "unamerican."?

UnAmerican is a propaganda term at best. That is the only way I see it used.

That is how you use it. I see no other need for such a word. Probably why no other country uses it.? Roll Eyes

The term has been hijacked by those on the right.  Originally it had a different use.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2005, 03:42:54 PM »

? Is there any other country that has a term such as "unamerican."?

UnAmerican is a propaganda term at best. That is the only way I see it used.

That is how you use it. I see no other need for such a word. Probably why no other country uses it.? Roll Eyes

The term has been hijacked by those on the right.? Originally it had a different use.

Yourself included.

What was the original use?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2005, 07:09:17 PM »

Looks like your Australians aren't too crazy 'bout us either. hihi

My favorite quote from the article "
She said some students suffered culture shock because of the belief that everyone loved Americans".  hihi

Sounds like what some of the people here think.......

http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,15734656%255E421,00.html

AMERICAN students are quitting Queensland universities in the face of hate attacks by Australians angry at US President George W. Bush and the war in Iraq.

One university has launched an investigation into claims an American student returned to the US after suffering six months of abuse at a residential college in Brisbane.

American students have told The Sunday Mail the verbal attacks are unbearable and threatening to escalate into physical violence.

Griffith University student Ian Wanner, 19, from Oregon, said abusive Australian students had repeatedly called him a "sepo" ? short for septic tank. "It is so disrespectful. It's not exactly the most welcoming atmosphere here," he said.

The Queensland Anti-Discrimination Commission has described the abuse as "horrible" and says it could be classed as racial vilification.

The abuse problem is so prevalent that US students are being given formal briefings before leaving home on how to cope with abusive Australians.

Mr Wanner said even female Australian students were verbally abusive. He warned the problem could "escalate into a very large brawl".

"There has already been confrontations between people," he said.

A female American student from Griffith, who wished to remain unnamed, said she had met some "exceptional" people in Australia ? but was leaving this month in shock over her treatment.

She said she was desperate to go home after the slurs, which also spilled over at pubs in central Brisbane.

"They basically picked on me," she said. "At first, I thought it was a joke. Then I just had it out with them and told them I came here to be treated respectfully.

"I have had a few incidents in bars. I had a guy and he heard my accent and he said: 'I hate your president. I hate your country.' "

Another Griffith student has already returned to the US after enduring six months of abuse at the university's residential college in Brisbane.

All the students received counselling before arriving and were warned of the backlash against the US.

They said they were advised not to carry any items that would identify their nationality.

A postgraduate American student at the University of Queensland's St Lucia campus, in Brisbane's west, has also complained to the Australian-American Association of being "persecuted" and subjected to "name-calling" by Australian students.

Another American studying at UQ said attitudes towards him were "scary".

"It's unbelievable," he said. "It's been war. People are scared. It is hard to be an American in Australia at the moment, it is really hard. It varies with different people, but you have to be quiet and try not to draw attention to yourself."

Australian-American Association state president Marylou Badeaux said anti-American sentiment had reached a climax over the war in Iraq.

She said attacks from the general public were mostly sedate ? but had grown into open hostility at several Queensland universities. In some cases, US students and academics were being "persecuted" for merely having an American accent.

"They are taking it out on people who may or may not agree but just because they have an American accent, they are being persecuted," she said.

Ms Badeaux said long-time US residents in Australia noticed attitudes towards them fluctuated with US Government policy. "It all depends on what the policies of the US government are at the time," she said.

Queensland Anti-Discrimination deputy commissioner Neroli Holmes said the alleged labelling of students as "sepos" could be classed as racial vilification under anti-discrimination laws.

Racial vilification included public comment which incited hatred, serious contempt or severe ridicule of a person or group based on race or nationality. "It sounds quite horrible," Ms Holmes said.

Griffith University spokeswoman Nicola Collier-Jackson said an investigation had been launched into the American abuse claims.

She said the university had a zero-tolerance policy to harassment.

"We don't accept it at all. We will investigate it. We need to get to the bottom of it," she said.

The Colorado-based Australearn organisation ? which teaches "cultural adjustment" to US students before they come to Australia ? started warning in January of attitudes towards Americans over Iraq.

Australearn's Australian director, Shelia Houston, said the briefings aimed to give American students "coping strategies" in the face of an attack.

She said some students suffered culture shock because of the belief that everyone loved Americans. "We are giving them the heads up that it is a bit more heated because of the war in Iraq," Ms Houston said.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2005, 07:34:57 PM »

you know, some Europeans are so insane that they claim without shame they prefer bin-laden and Saddam Hussein to Bush, Islamism dictatorships to America etc...
A large part of them comes from the extreme-left/left/green/communist parties.
I'm not American, I'm European, I don't like Bush but I don't agree either with the European strategy, or at least, the west-European one. I consider America not as an enemy, but as a  partner.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2005, 09:55:56 PM »

europe is jealous of the US. so there's always been a little hatred towards us.

Not jealous.

Financially dependant and scared, yes.

Justg like in a couple, it can't work out long term; and if you try to force it, it ends in violence.

Hatred towards the US ?

No.

The US is one of the youngest nations of the planet. They never had ennemies as a nation, yet.

Nothing to say
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2005, 10:02:14 PM »

All these countries who sit around and talk shit about the US make me laugh.

We are equivolent to the police department

how many people say "Fuck I hate the cops, the cops are bastards, fuck the police"

but what happens when someone is breakin in their house or is after them, what do they do? "call the police"

Countries can talk bullshit all they want, that is fine, but when stupid shit like this starts goin around that they'd support a communist nation like China over us, that it is where I draw the line.

U dont agree with the war? fine, thats great, that is your right but U can't hate and judge a country or even a person on one thing and ignore the thousands? of great things that they do.

it just isnt right.

U let a European nation get attacked and I gurantee those people will be begging for our help. U think China would help?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2005, 11:59:06 PM »

All these countries who sit around and talk shit about the US make me laugh.

but what happens when someone is breakin in their house or is after them, what do they do? "call the police"

People don't like us because we showed up........when nobody called us.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2005, 12:05:10 AM »

that doesnt matter

it isnt about whether the war on Iraq is a good thing or bad thing, that is irrelevant when it comes to bullshit like this.

If people hate America because of the War on Iraq that is obtuse and unacceptable.

We dont have to ask permission to do what we think is right, at the time it seemed right and reputable leaders from all around the world agreed with the war

now if they wanna try and save face now and hang us out to dry, that is fucked up.

Our country isnt perfect but how many other countries have the racial diversity we have? I wish when people wanna hate on us we would just close the fuckin books to the countries overseas, pull out of the UN and see how well some of those countries do on their own.

Its easy to be critical when terrorist arent trying to knock down your shit.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2005, 12:25:19 AM »

If people hate America because of the War on Iraq that is obtuse and unacceptable.

People around the world think the war is obtuse and unacceptable.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2005, 12:30:46 AM »

Yeah but that doesnt give someone a right to hate an entire country.

US does so many wonderful and great things for the world but because one incident we are the most evil,scumfilled country?

that shit aint right

SLCPUNK
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2005, 12:47:42 AM »

US does so many wonderful and great things for the world but because one incident we are the most evil,scumfilled country?

that shit aint right

Doesn't matter what we have to offer past , present, or future.

It matters what we are doing now.

That is the immediate thing they see: war, death, lies, war profiteering......a human tragedy that could have easily been avoided. If 50% voted for this goon, then they have a 50% chance of being right when they (verbally) attack American abroad.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2005, 06:30:31 AM »

Hatred towards the US ?

No.

The US is one of the youngest nations of the planet. They never had ennemies as a nation, yet.
No? Huh? and how do you call manifestations with nazi symbols into American flags? or the unfamous though "the 9/11 it's a good thing that happened in their face" by persons like jos? bov? (beauf) or? Bigard (beauf)?
Americans, you've to know that during the 9/11, some people were HAPPY it happens. and not only in gaza, kaboul, Teheran or any other "non-civilized" places where people live in a retarded middle-age erea, but in P?ris, berlin and many other Europeans cities.
Don't get me wrong, a large part of people here were against the 9/11, but some of them (and not a that slim minority) though it was just "a good thing". Some of them believed in people who wrote books and made interviews to say the 9/11 "didn't happen" (neo-negationism?), or if it happened, it was the American governement who sent the planes on the towers (??), and to finish, because the responsibles seem to always be the jews, some of them said it was a "zionnist conspiration" (Dieudonn?) hihi

and that isn't called hatred?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 07:02:55 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2005, 07:43:22 AM »

Hatred towards the US ?

No.

No? Huh? and how do you call manifestations with nazi symbols into American flags? or the unfamous though "the 9/11 it's a good thing that happened in their face" by persons like jos? bov? (beauf) or? Bigard (beauf)?
Americans, you've to know that during the 9/11, some people were HAPPY it happens. and not only in gaza, kaboul, Teheran or any other "non-civilized" places where people live in a retarded middle-age erea, but in P?ris, berlin and many other Europeans cities.
Don't get me wrong, a large part of people here were against the 9/11, but some of them (and not a that slim minority) though it was just "a good thing". Some of them believed in people who wrote books and made interviews to say the 9/11 "didn't happen" (neo-negationism?), or if it happened, it was the American governement who sent the planes on the towers (??), and to finish, because the responsibles seem to always be the jews, some of them said it was a "zionnist conspiration" (Dieudonn?) hihi

you're really confused.
we're talking about america. don't bring the jews in the subject. they're not the focus here. leave them alone.
aslso, don't start with french celebrities / politics, people here have no clue what you're talking about.

also don't forget that NOT liking the country/government doesnt mean you hate the people, thats a complere different thing.

and D, the fact that the US did (and they did, and do) good things, doesnt matter. you don't let a murderer go because he hepled a old woman cross the street once.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2005, 08:08:32 AM »

Your country is often defined by the people who run it or the ones who are famous for being from your country.

For example: Sweden - ABBA, Sven Goran Eriksson, Bjorn Borg, Crazy Frog.....  hihi

When most people outside USA think of USA, what do they think of? It's not the working class in Michigan, the farmers in the midwest or the people in Alaska. It's your president and what an idiot he is.

Some might think of Tom Cruise at the moment, but a lot of people associate USA with the war in Iraq. A war many people disagree with, so it's not surprising they think USA just sucks.

A lot of people confuse criticizing George W. Bush with hating USA.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2005, 08:27:22 AM »

For example: Sweden - ABBA, Sven Goran Eriksson, Bjorn Borg, Crazy Frog.....  hihi

/jarmo

and stephen edberg.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2005, 08:46:47 AM »

Your country is often defined by the people who run it or the ones who are famous for being from your country.

For example: Sweden - ABBA, Sven Goran Eriksson, Bjorn Borg, Crazy Frog.....? hihi

/jarmo

so its you guys that have been responsible for that damn crazy frog!!!!!!!!!!!!! rant

oh boy.............i'll make sure the next time i meet a swedish person i'll be sure to mention this. I will say "i disagree with everything that crazy frog stands for, and because he is from your country..........i can say i hate you.........yes thats right.........you.......i hate you!" rofl
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2005, 09:54:42 AM »

the survey said "prefer" not "hate" btw

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2005, 10:45:42 AM »

there are several people here with a very serious case of persecution complex.

They automatically assume that they are the most hated nation on earth because people prefer another country to theirs.
GnRNightrain
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2005, 11:35:38 AM »

Hatred towards the US ?

No.

Nesquick, you keep my hope alive.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: