Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:59:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Profiling? -Test Inside-
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Profiling? -Test Inside-  (Read 32944 times)
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2005, 01:37:56 PM »

I support profiling when used to solve a crime that has already been committed.? However, when profiling is used to accuse someone of a crime that has not been committed, we are going against what? our forefathers fought to protect -- FREEDOM.? A person is not free if they are living under a profiled watch.? They have become GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT.

A crime has been commited. Do we need to run through the embassy bombings, the bombing of the uss cole, 9/11, the Spanish train Bombings, the London Bombings, the daily terror attacks against coalition soldiers and Iraqi police. Everyone of these attacks have been carried out by 17-40 year old middle eastern men.

If you think that singling out middle eastern men durring searches is on par with the actions of the KKK, then how do you propose we stop you from getting blown out of the sky on your next family vacation?? Obviously you are willing to give your life to save the feelings of the innocent being searched, I'm not......

You've twisted my words, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as it is generally par for the course for the right wing to twist the words of the 'liberals' and then use it to support their claim that liberals 'cares more about the freedoms of terrorists than the lives of innocents' -- which is HARDLY the case.

Yes... those crimes HAVE been committed, and if profiling is used to CAPTURE those who perpetrated the crimes, that is one thing, but to search every man between the age of 17 - 40 who bears resemblance to a man from the middle east and to assume that they are guilty of crimes yet to be committed is racism? AND a violation of the freedoms this nation stands for. It's singling out one race and it's assuming one's guilty before proven innoncent.

My comment that all southern white males be watched for Klan activity was made to illustrate my point. And... yes, KKK activities are terrorist acts.? ?But to watch, detain, and question all white men from the south to avoid KKK terrorist acts would be preposterous!

As for how we combat? terrorist acts from groups such as al queda?? ?Well... my first suggestion would have been to go after OSAMA BIN LADEN rather than Saddam.? ?That idiot in the white house has even gone on record to say that he doesn't care about Osama, and that it's not his top priority to capture him.? He may have since changed his tune, BUT that doesn't change the fact that he did say that following the events of 9/11, and that instead of focusing the efforts on the capture of the man who claimed responsibility for those events, he targeted a man and a nation that was NOT involved, and we continue to fight that war, putting more lives at risk every day.? ?We have essentially terrorized a nation that was not responsible for the events of 9/11.

Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2005, 02:45:56 PM »

I support profiling when used to solve a crime that has already been committed.  However, when profiling is used to accuse someone of a crime that has not been committed, we are going against what  our forefathers fought to protect -- FREEDOM.  A person is not free if they are living under a profiled watch.  They have become GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT.

A crime has been commited. Do we need to run through the embassy bombings, the bombing of the uss cole, 9/11, the Spanish train Bombings, the London Bombings, the daily terror attacks against coalition soldiers and Iraqi police. Everyone of these attacks have been carried out by 17-40 year old middle eastern men.

If you think that singling out middle eastern men durring searches is on par with the actions of the KKK, then how do you propose we stop you from getting blown out of the sky on your next family vacation?? Obviously you are willing to give your life to save the feelings of the innocent being searched, I'm not......

You've twisted my words, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as it is generally par for the course for the right wing to twist the words of the 'liberals' and then use it to support their claim that liberals 'cares more about the freedoms of terrorists than the lives of innocents' -- which is HARDLY the case.

Yes... those crimes HAVE been committed, and if profiling is used to CAPTURE those who perpetrated the crimes, that is one thing, but to search every man between the age of 17 - 40 who bears resemblance to a man from the middle east and to assume that they are guilty of crimes yet to be committed is racism  AND a violation of the freedoms this nation stands for. It's singling out one race and it's assuming one's guilty before proven innoncent.

My comment that all southern white males be watched for Klan activity was made to illustrate my point. And... yes, KKK activities are terrorist acts.   But to watch, detain, and question all white men from the south to avoid KKK terrorist acts would be preposterous!

As for how we combat  terrorist acts from groups such as al queda?   Well... my first suggestion would have been to go after OSAMA BIN LADEN rather than Saddam.   That idiot in the white house has even gone on record to say that he doesn't care about Osama, and that it's not his top priority to capture him.  He may have since changed his tune, BUT that doesn't change the fact that he did say that following the events of 9/11, and that instead of focusing the efforts on the capture of the man who claimed responsibility for those events, he targeted a man and a nation that was NOT involved, and we continue to fight that war, putting more lives at risk every day.   We have essentially terrorized a nation that was not responsible for the events of 9/11.

exactly nicely put

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2005, 03:01:40 PM »

That idiot in the white house has even gone on record to say that he doesn't care about Osama, and that it's not his top priority to capture him

When was that?? Not saying it didn't happen but I'd like more than your word on that.

Yes... those crimes HAVE been committed, and if profiling is used to CAPTURE those who perpetrated the crimes, that is one thing, but to search every man between the age of 17 - 40 who bears resemblance to a man from the middle east and to assume that they are guilty of crimes yet to be committed is racism  AND a violation of the freedoms this nation stands for. It's singling out one race and it's assuming one's guilty before proven innoncent.

No one is looking to accuse all Middle Eastern men of crimes then round them up and throw them in concentration camps. We are talking about searches, a random search when looking to stop terroism is pointless. Why search at all?? We know "who" we are looking to stop, it's like an SAT question..... Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim.

The problem with the current philosophy of NO racial profiling and truely random searches is that baggage screeners actually stay away from Middle Eastern looking men because they feel they will be labled as racist and possibly fired. How does that help us stop this problem? What good does it do when a woman getting on flight 523 to LA is searched, whats the best thing you are going to get out of her 1/2 an ounce of medical marijuna? The little blue haired lady isn't going to hijack the plane, but the guy with the carry on bag that contains "How to fly but not land a 767, the terrorists guide to crashing into a building" that wasn't search beacuse the screener didn't want to lose her job for searching the brown guy.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2005, 03:33:47 PM »

That idiot in the white house has even gone on record to say that he doesn't care about Osama, and that it's not his top priority to capture him

When was that?? Not saying it didn't happen but I'd like more than your word on that.

No one is looking to accuse all Middle Eastern men of crimes then round them up and throw them in concentration camps. We are talking about searches, a random search when looking to stop terroism is pointless. Why search at all?? We know "who" we are looking to stop, it's like an SAT question..... Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim.

The problem with the current philosophy of NO racial profiling and truely random searches is that baggage screeners actually stay away from Middle Eastern looking men because they feel they will be labled as racist and possibly fired. How does that help us stop this problem? What good does it do when a woman getting on flight 523 to LA is searched, whats the best thing you are going to get out of her 1/2 an ounce of medical marijuna? The little blue haired lady isn't going to hijack the plane, but the guy with the carry on bag that contains "How to fly but not land a 767, the terrorists guide to crashing into a building" that wasn't search beacuse the screener didn't want to lose her job for searching the brown guy.

gosh you wont understand.
al quaida dont care about muslim or arab or anything.
if you start profiling arab people. they'll use different people they dont care.

this is why palestine started using kids and girls as kamikaze. because 17-40 years male where being search exclusively ...

same thing gonna happen, you gonna search all the black guys, and alquaida will find a way to use that old white woman and blow her bag off ...
but you dont get it. profiling is useless.

Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2005, 04:12:42 PM »

if you start profiling arab people. they'll use different people they dont care.

this is why palestine started using kids and girls as kamikaze. because 17-40 years male where being search exclusively ...

same thing gonna happen, you gonna search all the black guys, and alquaida will find a way to use that old white woman and blow her bag off ...

Fine, when that happens then we'll start searching the old white women with the bags BECAUSE THAT'S WHO'LL BE DOING THE BOMBINGS. Right now, however, that's not who's doing it. So, we should probably live in the present, and search those who have been doing it lately. If a white 30-something American went to Afghanistan and killed 3000+ Afghanistan citizens, and I happened to go to Afghanistan, I would expect to be searched. I would not take it personally, rather I would think they were being CAREFUL. You know, trying their best to protect their citizens. That's what we're trying to do.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2005, 04:33:58 PM »

How is Bin Laden going to recruit these people?? right now they are being recruited based on their religion..... they are feeding on a misinterpretation of their religion...... so how are they going to get an 89 year old Catholic Woman to blow something up? get a clue before you start telling me that Irish teenage girls are going to hi jack planes in the name of Allah. 
The problem with liberals is they live in a fantasy world of how things should be, last I check the Wyld Stalyons album that creates World Harmony (sorry about the bad Bill and Ted Reference) hasn't been released. Until that drops (which will probably be before CD) we have to live in reality, which like I said before, is in a world where A Militant Wing of Islam has waged a war on Western Civilization. While they (Middle Eastern Men) are killing civilians in high traffic bombings, we have to make a tough choice which is to understand what demographic these terrorist are comming out of and focus on it. I do understand that this group is being handed a huge injustice, but bothering these people with minute long searches is worth saving one life. If you are more worried about someone getting bent out of shape becuase there bag was searched entering a subway station durring rush hour than you are about a rush hour train being bombed then your priorities are out of whack.

Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2005, 04:54:25 PM »

How is Bin Laden going to recruit these people?? right now they are being recruited based on their religion..... they are feeding on a misinterpretation of their religion...... so how are they going to get an 89 year old Catholic Woman to blow something up? get a clue before you start telling me that Irish teenage girls are going to hi jack planes in the name of Allah. 
The problem with liberals is they live in a fantasy world of how things should be, last I check the Wyld Stalyons album that creates World Harmony (sorry about the bad Bill and Ted Reference) hasn't been released. Until that drops (which will probably be before CD) we have to live in reality, which like I said before, is in a world where A Militant Wing of Islam has waged a war on Western Civilization. While they (Middle Eastern Men) are killing civilians in high traffic bombings, we have to make a tough choice which is to understand what demographic these terrorist are comming out of and focus on it. I do understand that this group is being handed a huge injustice, but bothering these people with minute long searches is worth saving one life. If you are more worried about someone getting bent out of shape becuase there bag was searched entering a subway station durring rush hour than you are about a rush hour train being bombed then your priorities are out of whack.

christ....you know what im a whit male between 17 and 40.... and if mr bin laden gave me a bomb right now id go to you ISP and blow it up.... jsut so i dont have to listen to your right wing close  mindedness ... fackin christ.

what is the major point of asymetrical warfare... it adapts faster then the enemy and changes tactics..... i loved teh line of teh its liek an SAT question..... not all muslims are terroists but all terroists are muslim..... damn funny thing... I could have sworn there were other "WHITE" people that done alot of bombings in westren worlds.

recruiting based off relgion... yup thats what is happening, dont forget all those poor countries that have nothing... think of the poor kids growing up there with nothing. nothing but hope.... and all bin laden got to do is offer teh cash for their family and they will do the bombing..... and they wont have to be muslim... its not to ficking hard to see that now is it?

or maybe i should use bigger words... or smaller i dont know what tell me what has to be said so you can see that there are other avenues that can be exploited... tell me..... please god tell me...... do you want me to convert to some strange right wing relgion?Huh? i will i really will...... but i will be hung cause i think too much on the left..... free thinking.... frack open your eyes and see that it cant be done in just one manner... cutting off the head is one thing.. but when the body is just as deadily as the head... what do you do? kill them all?

as for searching everyone..... again your not putting them in concentration camps.... cause that would not be just..... what about gitmo? wait thats not one of those... thats for POWs... no wait battlefeild detaines....... if it smells like a chicken and looks like a chicken and tastes like it.... it got to be a "turkey" no that wrong  is it a chicken? at least if they were all jailed you could save money on homeland security... cause there would be nothing happening here......... no searches needed then us whites just need all the nigers locked up too and it would be heaven............. give me a fucking break.... racial profilng is one of the lowest forms of racsim that exists.... it automaticly makes all people guilty before innocent.......

***** note the nigger comment was used to illustrate a point which im sure was lost on c0ma.... cause well .... ya... so it was not meant in any type of racist manner. nor should it be construed as being anything but a point  maker in this case. If anyone is offended i am sorry. as you can see no edt done here.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2005, 05:43:11 PM »

"I don't know where he is. . . I just don't spend that much time on him really, to be honest with you. . . I truly am not that concerned about him." - George W. Bush,
March 13, 2002

You can find the full text on this at:? ?http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020313-8.html? <Transcript during a press conference

Instead of making Bin Laden his top priority he turned his attention on Saddam.? It would seem to me that the key to stopping terrorist acts that are masterminded by Osama Bin Laden would be to... I don't know... CAPTURE Osama Bin Laden?? ?Perhaps?? Maybe??

That doesn't mean that terrorist acts would stop, I'm not that naive.? what I am saying is that it would certainly curtail terrorist acts that are masterminded by Osama himself.? Since 9/11 was the brainchild of Osama, it seems only logical that he should be our target, not Iraq.

edited to correct a typo!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 06:51:29 PM by Tied-Up » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2005, 05:48:03 PM »

How do you think the grandmother everyone keeps using in their argument (which by the way is completely baseless) is going to feel when she sees a Muslim man after everyone telling her that they're the enemy and they need to be checked. All thats going to do is make her feel intimidated and scared shitless everytime she sees a Muslim. Profiling breeds hatred and intimidation.

However she feels, she'll feel that way because it is muslim men who have declared war on the "infidels" of the west and blown up airplanes, embassies, skyscrapers ... you name it. NOT because she's ?been told that they are the enemy.

Profiling does not breed hatred and intimidation. If I get searched because of my tanned skin color before entering an airplane or the subway, people will NOT hate me. On the contrary, they won't have anything to fear because I've passed the check. Neither will I feel intimidated by getting searched. On the contrary, I will safer because I know the security forces are doing their job and protecting me, as well as all Americans and peaceful muslims.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2005, 06:04:32 PM »

Yes... those crimes HAVE been committed, and if profiling is used to CAPTURE those who perpetrated the crimes, that is one thing, but to search every man between the age of 17 - 40 who bears resemblance to a man from the middle east and to assume that they are guilty of crimes yet to be committed is racism? AND a violation of the freedoms this nation stands for. It's singling out one race and it's assuming one's guilty before proven innoncent.

There is the problem.  We are not saying that we assume that all middle eastern men are guilty of terrorism, nor has anyone stated anything even remotely like that.  All we are saying is that they should be searched to ensure that they are not guilty of it.  When I went to the GNR concert in Boston I got searched.  Do I think the security was assuming that I was guilty of something?  No.  They were protecting the other concert goers.

It never ceases to amaze me how some liberals (and I say some here) can be such pansies and worry about the inconveniencies of a few.  I agree with coma, I am willing to sacrifice their convenience to increase my chance of survival.  And it just makes sense.  How can you be so ignorant as to not see the common sense here? 
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2005, 06:06:56 PM »

My comment that all southern white males be watched for Klan activity was made to illustrate my point. And... yes, KKK activities are terrorist acts.? ?But to watch, detain, and question all white men from the south to avoid KKK terrorist acts would be preposterous!

How about we detain all white men from the south with 3 teeth, a beard, a shotgun, a truck and a white hood on?  That would make more sense wouldn't it?  See, your example is flawed.  In that case you could probably catch more KKK members.  However, being a KKK member is not illegial.  Being a terrorist is.
POPmetal
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2005, 06:26:23 PM »

People are saying things to the affect that if we search muslims between the age 17 and 40, al Qaeda will just star using people who don't fit that profile so profiling is useless. This demonstrates a complete lack of strategic depth! Merely forcing them to have to recruit such people is a victory for us and a defeat for the terrorists. It makes mounting an attack so much more difficult for al Qaeda if they have to go the extra length of finding that rare, if at all existent, blue eyed, blond Swede, or an African American, who is willing to die in the name of Allah. At the same time, it makes it easier for our secret service agents to infiltrate them and foil their plans if al Qaeda starts accepting blonds or African Americans into their terror cells. This would be a great boon for us.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 06:38:11 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2005, 06:40:26 PM »

People are saying things to the affect that if we search muslims between the age 17 and 40, al Qaeda will just star using people who don't fit that profile so profiling is useless. This demonstrates a complete lack of strategic depth! Merely forcing them to have to recruit such people is a victory for us and a defeat for the terrorists. It makes mounting an attack so much more difficult for al Qaeda if they have to go the extra length of finding that rare, if at all existent, blue eyed, blond Swede, or an African American, who is willing to die in the name of Allah. At the same time, if al Qaeda starts looking for, and accepting blue eyed blonds, or African Americans, into their terror cells, that would make it easier for our secret service agents to infiltrate them and foil their plans. This would be a great boon for us.

Good point.  The idea that al quaeda will start using white people to commit terror is retarded.  Instead of admitting that profiling makes good sense, liberals use stupid comebacks like "they will just start using white people".  A question for all you liberals.  What the hell is wrong with action?  Why do you always subscribe to the "do-nothing" approach?  I have yet to hear a single reason for not profiling.  And having some innocent middle eastern men inconvenienced is not a reason.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2005, 06:50:30 PM »

But this isn't a description of a terrorist: ?a 17 - 40 year old middle eastern male.

Not all 17 - 40 year old middle eastern men are terrorists. ?

How about we detain all white men from the south with 3 teeth, a beard, a shotgun, a truck and a white hood on? That would make more sense wouldn't it? See, your example is flawed. In that case you could probably catch more KKK members. However, being a KKK member is not illegial. Being a terrorist is.

My example is not flawed. ?Yours is... however. ?Do all KKK members fit your detailed description? ? It isn't illegal to be a KKK member, but the acts of terrorism they commit in their quest for racial glory are illegal. ?And since we never know when they might decide to commit one of these acts, why not detain all white southern males to prevent any future potential hate crimes perpetrated by the KKK? ?

As ridiculous as this suggestion sounds, that is EXACTLY what you're suggesting we do with a particular group of people based only on their skin color. ?Detain them, search them, question them in the hopes of unearthing some evidence that a potential crime has been deterred in the process. ?

Being a 17 - 40 year old middle eastern man is not illegal either, and to operate on the assumption that they are terrorists based only upon their age bracket and their race is called RACIAL DISCRIMINATION. ?

It never ceases to amaze me how some liberals (and I say some here) can be such pansies and worry about the inconveniencies of a few. I agree with coma, I am willing to sacrifice their convenience to increase my chance of survival. And it just makes sense. How can you be so ignorant as to not see the common sense here?

This argument is a 'confidence strategy' - and ultimately the weakness of your argument. ?It doesn't 'just make sense' to commit acts of racial discrimination in a free country, because it maligns the entire concept of freedom. ?To assume that others are ignorant not to see your point of view demonstrates that you have no real evidence that backs up your claim that racial profiling is a good idea, it's just something about which you feel emotional about and therefore support. ?

I am emotional about the safety of me, my family and Americans as well. ?It's not about inconveniencing a few for the well-being of the many, however, it is about the preservation of a much higher ideal upon which our country was founded... the ideal of freedom for all people, not just the people who fit within a certain preferred racial and/or religious belief system.

Surfrider
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2005, 07:26:22 PM »

My example is not flawed. ?Yours is... however. ?Do all KKK members fit your detailed description? ? It isn't illegal to be a KKK member, but the acts of terrorism they commit in their quest for racial glory are illegal. ?And since we never know when they might decide to commit one of these acts, why not detain all white southern males to prevent any future potential hate crimes perpetrated by the KKK? ?

As ridiculous as this suggestion sounds, that is EXACTLY what you're suggesting we do with a particular group of people based only on their skin color. ?Detain them, search them, question them in the hopes of unearthing some evidence that a potential crime has been deterred in the process. ?

Being a 17 - 40 year old middle eastern man is not illegal either, and to operate on the assumption that they are terrorists based only upon their age bracket and their race is called RACIAL DISCRIMINATION. ?
I am trying to stay neutral on this issue, but I think the analogy is very flawed.  When has the KKK ever been remotely as dangerous as the Al Qaeda?  I have never heard of a KKK killing of more than 5 people.  However, if there are random black churches being blown up by KKK members do you think it would be prudent to search Blacks or Mexicans?  That would be ludicrous.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2005, 07:37:52 PM »

But this isn't a description of a terrorist:  a 17 - 40 year old middle eastern male.

Not all 17 - 40 year old middle eastern men are terrorists. 

actually that is the description of a terrorist. No not all 17-40 year old Middle Eastern men are terrorists, but all terrorists are 17-40 year old middle eastern men.

Being a 17 - 40 year old middle eastern man is not illegal either, and to operate on the assumption that they are terrorists based only upon their age bracket and their race is called RACIAL DISCRIMINATION. 

No one is saying assume they are terrorists, what we are saying is rule them out.........
Were not telling them they can't take trains and planes anywhere, we are just covering everyone elses ass by checking every person that fits the description. If you don't agree that 17-40 year old Middle Eastern Men fit the desciption of a terrorist than you don't shouldn't be debating this because you don't know the material.

"I don't know where he is. . . I just don't spend that much time on him really, to be honest with you. . . I truly am not that concerned about him." - George W. Bush,
March 13, 2002

You can find the full text on this at:   http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020313-8.html  <Transcript during a press conference

Instead of making Bin Laden his top priority he turned his attention on Saddam.  It would seem to me that the key to stopping terrorist acts that are masterminded by Osama Bin Laden would be to... I don't know... CAPTURE Osama Bin Laden?   Perhaps?  Maybe? 

That doesn't mean that terrorist acts would stop, I'm not that naive.  what I am saying is that it would certainly curtail terrorist acts that are masterminded by Osama himself.  Since 9/11 was the brainchild of Osama, it seems only logical that he should be our target, not Iraq.

Don't take everything so literaly. That was his sad atempt at dry humor, he means that he doesn't personaly spend his entire day looking for Bin Laden. The US is still looking for him and is being hampered by border politics (Pakistan).

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2005, 07:59:03 PM »

haha, look at the two biggest TOOLBAGS get together on this one.

No SLC, you never open your post with any insults.

I didn't mention your name did I?

hihi

Was there any doubt who you were speaking about?  No.  And I was SO surprised to hear that you were against real action and for non-action.  Shocker.   Roll Eyes 

I love to hear all the bullshit about how profiling sacrifices "the ideals this country was built on".  In case people haven't noticed, things have changed considerable since the birth of the US.  We have to chnage with it.  We have already lost many of our civil liberity....many because of these terrorist attacks.  How come you liberals are more outraged by the idea of profiling than you are about the actual terrorist attacks that take place?   Are you actually so demented as to feel sorry for the terorist?  Can you see and sympathize with their perspective?  Are you that pathetic?
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2005, 08:05:29 PM »

it is about the preservation of a much higher ideal upon which our country was founded... the ideal of freedom for all people, not just the people who fit within a certain preferred racial and/or religious belief system.

Unfortunately, your net of freedom seems to extend to terrorists as well.  How is searching people who fit the description of terrorist sacrificing any ideals?  I would give up the freedoms of middle eastern men to make my kids safer...any fucking day of the week.  If they don't like it, then they can do something themselves to chnage it.  They can take actions themselves to fix this problem.  Otherwise, they can live with the inconvenience of a few searches.  Damn, smallest price I ever heard of to pay.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2005, 08:17:53 PM »

Afterall, only and 8th grader would condone a 14 year old molesting a 8 year old as "Dcotor." 

You take something from a thread a while back, then post your twisted version of it to say I condone molestation?

Usually I would not even respond to something like this (somebody bringing up another thread to "make a point"), but in this case, since child molesation is such a heavy thing to claim I advocate, I will.

So you make a post on this board claiming I condone child molestation?

Fuck you asshole.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 09:34:28 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2005, 08:20:23 PM »

haha, look at the two biggest TOOLBAGS get together on this one.

No SLC, you never open your post with any insults.

I didn't mention your name did I?

hihi

Was there any doubt who you were speaking about?  No.  And I was SO surprised to hear that you were against real action and for non-action.  Shocker.   Roll Eyes 

I love to hear all the bullshit about how profiling sacrifices "the ideals this country was built on".  In case people haven't noticed, things have changed considerable since the birth of the US.  We have to chnage with it.  We have already lost many of our civil liberity....many because of these terrorist attacks.  How come you liberals are more outraged by the idea of profiling than you are about the actual terrorist attacks that take place?   Are you actually so demented as to feel sorry for the terorist?  Can you see and sympathize with their perspective?  Are you that pathetic?

I'm not outraged, I only responded in kind to the opening statement.

You guys always build up this strawman to tear down.

You put words in my mouth, assume what I'm thinking then attack what you just created.

Amazingly nuts!  hihi

Was there any doubt who you were speaking about?

If the boot fits............
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 08:23:16 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: