Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Hair Metal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hair Metal  (Read 14198 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2005, 02:24:13 PM »

Fair enough RichardNixon.  I didn't mean to imply that you're a poser or anything.  My bad if I did.  What's wrong with songs about oral sex?  Mattman, that's an awesome post.  Sums up my thoughts on hair metal and music in general perfectly.  You're the man.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2005, 02:26:03 PM »

Have u seen the new Backstreet Boys video? - well, unfortunatly i have

They do a parady of hair metal - the sad thing about hair metal is - their parady wouldn't have seemed out of the ordinary if it had been released 20 years ago nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2005, 02:50:27 PM »

What's wrong with songs about oral sex??

Yeah, AC/DC's "Given the Dog a Bone" is a great song!  Perfect ode to blowjobs.   Cool
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2005, 03:15:16 PM »

Dee Snider is one ugly motherfucker.

rofl rofl rofl

He certainly is, but how can you not like some of his classic tunes like "YOU"RE AN SMF!!!!!" (Stupid Mother Fucker) and Stay AWWWAAAAYYYY from Captain Howwdaaayyy!!! and The Price

That album kicked ass!!!

I grew up with this fantastic genre of music.

Twisted Sister, Warrant, Poison, Skid Row, GnR, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Tesla, fire house, Dokken, Scorpions, Great White, Faster Pussycat, etc. etc.

Glam rock, hair metal, whatever, it's all big poofy hair and screeching guitars  ok

My favorite on this site is people that say "GnR isn't metal, it's CLASSIC ROCK!!!"

Has anyone heard that song by TUFF called "American Hair Bands", where they do, Metallica's "Sad but true" but like kid rock did "American Bad Ass"? They put as much 80's rock names and riffs in it as possible. It's classic.

Here are the lyrics. (Remember its in the tune of Kid Rock's American bad ass)

Yeah, well i've been up and been down, town to town with several bands,
then tortured for ten long years by critics, agents and the a&r man, and some bandwagon fans.
it's time to stand up, fight back, be proud and once again be free,
so if you want a piece of me, come and get it!
Kurt cobain is gone but i'm back
wearing leather pants and a backwards hat
guitars slung low
where the down boys go
the night trains back so on with the show
i'm metal health
and dressed to thrill
i'm an smf with the looks that kill
i rocked and rolled, n' long hair is back
and i grew up, singing strutter, and back, in black
i'm going back to eighty-nine
i went platinum zero times
you're in the jungle sweet child o'mine
i want another piece of that cherry pie
Chorus #1: (oooooohhhhhh)
they call 'em hairbands
leather jacket in black
throw your hands in the air
yeah we're bringing it back
n' say (shout, shout) at the devil again
and say (shout, shout) at the devil my friend
so say (shout, shout) never letting it end and say (shout, shout, shout, shout) yeah?(bad medicine)
I like old van halen and hanoi rocks
black n' blue and britny fox
guns n' roses, motley crue
when def leppard rocked and skid row ruled
yeah, ratt went round n' round
rocking out in boston, get loud in chi-town
vandenberg, priest, dok-ken, kix
throwing faster pussycat in the mix (p-p-p-p-p-pussycat)
give me l.a. guns & the dangerous toys
quiet riot, bang tango & bullet boys
love johnny crash grunge bands are trash
i like c.c. deville, mick mars, and slash
Chorus: #2
Breakdown:
yeah, i saw your grunge band, staring at your shoes on stage, wearing that dirty flannel shirt,
when you gonna learn dirtball, you just can't f**k with twisted sister.
"what are you going to do with your life"?
I'm an american hairband
watch me rock
you can raise your hands
or you can suck my c**k
heavy metal god
i'm a pin-up boy
i'm the singer from tuff not pretty boy floyd
super loud and super wild
sebastian bach is youth gone wild
diamond dave and nikki sixx
i wanna see tommy lee back spinning those sticks
up all night, gonna sleep all day
i love girls; girls, girls and i love l.a.
i won't waste my breath, but here's a clue
give pearl jam & eddie a big f**k you
who cares about weezer and the screeming trees
when we got white lion
and of course the sleeze beez
if you wanna rock n' roll then read my lips
let's shout it out loud
for a band named kiss
Chorus: (oooooohhhhhh)
they call 'em hairbands
wearing leather and black
so throw your hands in the air
now we're bringing it back
n' say (shout, shout) at the devil again
and say (shout, shout) at the devil my friend
so say (shout, shout) never letting it end and say (shout, shout, shout, shout) yeah,
I'm a hairband wanted dead or alive
singing (shout, shout, shout, shout)
i wanna rock n' roll in the still of the night
say (shout, shout, shout, shout)
gonna take you down to the paradise city
and (shout, shout, shout, shout)
everybody let's sing talk dirty to me

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2005, 03:16:55 PM »

Yeah, that's a cool song.  Stevie Rachelle from Tuff is a cool guy.  What is his actual position with Metal Sludge?  Is he the founder of it or something?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2005, 05:33:53 PM »

Is all people care about on this board about band's images?

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2005, 11:52:02 PM »

Ah, now see, Def Leppard, there is another band which doesn't deserve to be tossed into the hair band realm.  Along with Skid Row and the Crue, Def Leppard was more or less a straightforward hard rock band (not metal), who just got thrown in there because of the era in which they became popular.

Scorpions are another band, I never understood why they were cast as a hair band.  They were/are a straightforward rock n roll band from the 1970s, releasing their first album (in 1972) a decade before glam rock debuted.

Def Leppard's first album, On Through The Night, is a prime example of NWOBHM. They were definitely metal for a short while. Scorpions is classic rock, although like Judas Priest, they did try the glam thing for a while.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2005, 04:33:16 AM »

..and Axl's teeth..... hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2005, 11:18:33 AM »

I was gonna reply to this thread,

but then i saw Mattman's post and he said everything i was going to say, practically word for word.

Hmmmmm this is quite weird, im 19.....love hair metal...........play guitar and dream of starting a fuckin rock n roll band and despise all the emo shit. Maybe Mattman is my long lost twin or something Huh

I actually own a bunch of band shirts.........all are 80's hair metal bands......i have one for each day now its brilliant. i'm currently sporting my twisted sister shirt..........with the words "i wanna rock" on the back. just you know.........to let people know. Also since i lost the dreads........i've decided to grow the hair out past my shoulders so when i play guitar i can bang my head. My hair naturally grows all teased like the 80's after the dreads its hilarious.

There is this brilliant article in a Guitar One magazine i have all about hair metal. It's called "The rise the fall and the rebirth of Hair metal". I should scan it in or type it up when i can be bothered its a damn good read. ok ok
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »

I was gonna reply to this thread,

but then i saw Mattman's post and he said everything i was going to say, practically word for word.

Hmmmmm this is quite weird, im 19.....love hair metal...........play guitar and dream of starting a fuckin rock n roll band and despise all the emo shit. Maybe Mattman is my long lost twin or something Huh

I actually own a bunch of band shirts.........all are 80's hair metal bands......i have one for each day now its brilliant. i'm currently sporting my twisted sister shirt..........with the words "i wanna rock" on the back. just you know.........to let people know. Also since i lost the dreads........i've decided to grow the hair out past my shoulders so when i play guitar i can bang my head. My hair naturally grows all teased like the 80's after the dreads its hilarious.

There is this brilliant article in a Guitar One magazine i have all about hair metal. It's called "The rise the fall and the rebirth of Hair metal". I should scan it in or type it up when i can be bothered its a damn good read. ok ok

Holy crap, man!? We should form a band or something!? beer

I actually bought the issue of Guitar One that you're talking about.? It was a pretty good article.? I like it how hair metal is finally starting to gain some recognition.? I see people with my age wearing Poison t-shirts and stuff like that.? Unfortunately none of them play instruments.? It's too bad you don't live anywhere near me...you're like the exact type of person I'm looking to start a band with.

But year, I'm a total freak for all that hair metal.? I even tried teasing my hair for a while last year.? Not too successful... hihi
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 10:35:52 PM by Mattman » Logged
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2005, 07:32:47 AM »

..and Axl's teeth..... hihi

smoking

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2005, 07:26:39 PM »

Twisted Sister r kool. theyr coming 2 B'HAM CITY UK with Alice Cooper

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2005, 01:50:56 AM »

Hair metallers are often seen as close minded; that's probably their biggest problem. The whole scene is looked on as watered down pop-metal, and a lot of it is. The critics don't consider that 90%+ of hair metal fans are actually into "cock rock", and not heavier stuff like WASP, Skid Row, early Motley Crue, and Lizzy Borden.

I like hair metal, but I enjoy all forms of metal as well. The hair metal scene would have been better off if more members were open minded listeners, and not pop fans. Unfortunately, a lot of GnR fans were more casual fans of the genre.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2005, 01:58:31 AM »

Good point, dude.  People don't respect a lot of hair metal bands just because of their look and image.  How dumb is that?  How could someone judge a band on the way they look?  If that was the case who in the world would listen to Ronie James Dio...quite possibly the ugliest man on the planet.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
POPmetal
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2005, 02:37:37 AM »

Hair metallers are often seen as close minded; that's probably their biggest problem. The whole scene is looked on as watered down pop-metal, and a lot of it is. The critics don't consider that 90%+ of hair metal fans are actually into "cock rock", and not heavier stuff like WASP, Skid Row, early Motley Crue, and Lizzy Borden.

I like hair metal, but I enjoy all forms of metal as well. The hair metal scene would have been better off if more members were open minded listeners, and not pop fans. Unfortunately, a lot of GnR fans were more casual fans of the genre.

I'm with you on the enjoying all forms of metal part. But I just wanted to point out that critics are gay. And talk about close minded, there's no one more close minded than the critics. Most of them are a bunch of condescending intolerant fags and feminazis.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:49:37 AM by POPmetal » Logged
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2005, 03:10:50 AM »

But year, I'm a total freak for all that hair metal.? I even tried teasing my hair for a while last year.? Not too successful... hihi

it happens to the best of us.. Image change - its a hard concept to grasp!!  hihi

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2005, 11:31:32 AM »

critics are gay.  bunch of condescending intolerant fags

They're all homosexual?  What does their sexuality have to do with their opinions on music?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2005, 02:08:32 PM »

I'm with you on the enjoying all forms of metal part. But I just wanted to point out that critics are gay.

They are all gay?

And talk about close minded

hihi rofl

U call them gay, using that as an insult and yet its them who are closed minded rofl

there's no one more close minded than the critics.

Surely 1950's attitudes on homosexuality is far more close minded, the word 'hypocrite' springs to mind!

Most of them are a bunch of condescending intolerant fags and feminazis.

hihi rofl

Intolerant??

Ur homophobia would upset the KKK, hell u'd make the Pope look liberal!!

I'll assume u wrote that drunk and laugh with u - and not at u

C'mon mate, don't make ur hypocracy so obvious next time

Quick! To the bandwagon!
POPmetal
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2005, 04:07:19 PM »

critics are gay.? bunch of condescending intolerant fags

They're all homosexual?? What does their sexuality have to do with their opinions on music?

No, I meant it in the figurative sense of the word, as in they are lame. Though many of them probably are literally gay.
POPmetal
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2005, 04:18:05 PM »

I'm with you on the enjoying all forms of metal part. But I just wanted to point out that critics are gay.

They are all gay?

see previous post

And talk about close minded

hihi rofl

U call them gay, using that as an insult and yet its them who are closed minded rofl

They pigeonhole metal bands "hair" and "butt" and "80s," so i figured I'd return the favor and stereotype back.

You have a very unilateral point of view.

there's no one more close minded than the critics.

Surely 1950's attitudes on homosexuality is far more close minded, the word 'hypocrite' springs to mind!

You don't even know me. In general I have nothing against fags, unless they tell me that what I like to listen to is crap and start ramming "gay friendly" music down my throat. Throughout the 90s, that's all MTV did. Maybe people like you should consider other people's points of view and why they feel the way they feel before throwing accusations. Otherwise the words "close minded" come to my mind.

[
Most of them are a bunch of condescending intolerant fags and feminazis.

hihi rofl

Intolerant??

Ur homophobia would upset the KKK, hell u'd make the Pope look liberal!!

I'll assume u wrote that drunk and laugh with u - and not at u

C'mon mate, don't make ur hypocracy so obvious next time

Homophobia? Why would I have a fear from a bunch of pansies? In fact one of my best friends is gay. There's nothing intolerant about what I said. Not being politically correct does not equal being intolerant. Forcing people to be politically correct is intolerant. Just cuz you can't see the forest from the trees doesn't make me a hypocrite
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 04:20:41 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: