Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:04:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  silkworms and riyadh NOT to be on the new album
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: silkworms and riyadh NOT to be on the new album  (Read 10882 times)
rainX
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2005, 08:12:17 PM »

Who actually conducted this "interview"?

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2005, 09:47:43 PM »

I think Riyadh has some potential, hopefully we'll get a studio version one day. I remember it was the one song that stood out right away when I saw their first show in Vegas.

Silkworms is a joke. Only two GNR songs are unlistenable: Get in the Ring and Silkworms. If Silkworms had been on Chinese Democracy, it would have been a very troubling sign regarding the material they had to choose from.

I've seen enough.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005, 10:19:13 AM »

BTW at least Axl realized that these songs are extremely weak tracks. As for the contradiction between Ricard's and Dizzy's words: they don't know anything, all of the players are out of the loop.

I didnt know you were that gullible. Oh wait, I should have thought it's only natural for you who even believe whatever the media say to trust a poster @ the sludge board.
Yeah they're only humans. they might have interpreted what they heard differently. See this board for instance.

And To whom whose post was off the mark,
The Richard's mail voodoo refers is of as recent as a couple of weeks ago.  ok

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2005, 11:23:11 AM »

what album?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2005, 12:22:42 PM »

I think Riyadh has some potential, hopefully we'll get a studio version one day. I remember it was the one song that stood out right away when I saw their first show in Vegas.

Silkworms is a joke. Only two GNR songs are unlistenable: Get in the Ring and Silkworms. If Silkworms had been on Chinese Democracy, it would have been a very troubling sign regarding the material they had to choose from.

Johnnyblood,
  Don't forget My World with those 2.  Smiley
  Personally, I think Riyadh will be on CD, or on the 2nd album's release.  Just my opinion.  Silkworms was/is/will be awful.  Riyadh's got good potential in the studio.  Maddy, The Blues, and IRS will be classics.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 02:40:28 AM »

Who actually conducted this "interview"?

I did.

i don't post here often - more of a mygnr + metal-sludge frequenter.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2005, 04:12:25 PM »

mmm well , those two songs, were kinda catchy, and good too, anyway, do you know where can I find, excellent versions of it like,  madagascar being performed in  Pittsburgh or something like that?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2005, 06:12:23 PM »

Lets pray Silkworms will be on Chinese Democracy! Its so damn great!!! Love the song!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005, 06:22:27 PM »

at the same time, Lets hope Richard's memory or comprehension is better than Dizzys! ok
shaun
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2005, 03:48:14 AM »

Silkworms was ok in a electric keyboard sort of way (hardly rock though  Wink ) ...& Rhiad & Bedouins sounded good at the Vegas show if a little unfinished (a bit like Crash Diet, that starts of good then runs out of steam and was never finished).
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2005, 09:07:48 AM »

taken from sludge

This thread should be closed.

Sludge = SHIT!!

misterbrownstone
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 05:02:29 PM »

i like rhiad/rihayd/the r song a lot.  silkworms is pretty bad, the lyrics are pretty uninspired.  glad to hear about catcher and the rye!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2005, 11:33:09 PM »

Too bad about Riyadh.? But this could be a "measuring stick" of how good the songs are on CD.? I'm sure Axl reads the boards and knows of a good portion of the fans online like Riyadh, perhaps Axls confident that he has alot better up his sleeve.

Actually,Riyadh is one of the biggest  pieces of shit I have ever  heard. If indeed Axl reads the boards he would  have realized his mistake and would have taken the appropriate action, which is to bury the song once and for all. To say there is better up his sleeve  is a  given.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2005, 07:07:51 AM »

why don't people just wait until the album is in their hands or an actual setlist is provided before saying anything.. I don't know if we are getting one album or 3 but if it's only one I sure as hell know for me it would be better to heasr an entire album of stuff we have never heard before.. If those two songs aren't on the alhbum I could care less.. Haven't listened to them in ages and never liked them anyways..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2005, 07:17:33 AM »

Mike, I agree. More than likely, we're only getting one album. I would rather hear a bunch of new stuff than something that we've listened to for years. I love CD, and since its the name of the album, it will probably be on it. I also love The Blues, but I'm hoping it winds up on The Da Vinci Code or some other soundtrack. I want brand new songs on CD. Its hard to believe that there's some people here who want Oh My God to be on CD. rofl

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2005, 07:52:27 AM »

Mike, I agree. More than likely, we're only getting one album. I would rather hear a bunch of new stuff than something that we've listened to for years. I love CD, and since its the name of the album, it will probably be on it. I also love The Blues, but I'm hoping it winds up on The Da Vinci Code or some other soundtrack. I want brand new songs on CD. Its hard to believe that there's some people here who want Oh My God to be on CD. rofl

As for OMG, I would say if axl released music more often then having that song would be cool by me.. But since we know different and exhaust every discussion on these forums I would rather get away from those few songs we have beat to death day in and day out..  Yes we do the same with the afd gnr but those are world known classics that were on actual albums... I can definetly take a tour say with all newer material if axl actually toured often.. people mentioned U-2 playing mostly new stuff from atomic bomb... Well that's cool for them because u-2 does many many world tours and they are reliable..  With axl you may get a 4 week tour and it be between 7 years till the next one while waiting for one possible album everyone thinks is amazing or mind blowing but the fans who never hear the fucker.. If axl gets more consistent and reliable then  a duplicate and experimenting is cool because you know more will follow sooner then later yes
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2005, 04:08:39 PM »

Too bad about Riyadh.? But this could be a "measuring stick" of how good the songs are on CD.? I'm sure Axl reads the boards and knows of a good portion of the fans online like Riyadh, perhaps Axls confident that he has alot better up his sleeve.

Actually,Riyadh is one of the biggest? pieces of shit I have ever? heard. If indeed Axl reads the boards he would? have realized his mistake and would have taken the appropriate action, which is to bury the song once and for all. To say there is better up his sleeve? is a? given.

More people on the boards like riyadh than hated it. Also the people that heard it live at HOB said it stood out the most out of any song of the set.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=22562.60

That poll has 26 people liking it while only 10 didnt like it.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:13:49 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2005, 04:14:54 PM »

Rhiad is great...exept the guitar solo. It sounds very industrial though, maybe it's the reason why they won't put it on the record.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2005, 04:44:43 PM »

Rhiad is great...exept the guitar solo. It sounds very industrial though, maybe it's the reason why they won't put it on the record.

I will give you that. BH with the new gnr seemed to play his solos too fast. I hope for CD they are more like his work on electric tears or how he did the madagascar solo. 

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2005, 05:14:27 PM »

Ryhad and the Bedouins from Toronto http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RZHAWPY6SWUP2AVLNLQ6EU3LM
It sounds fucking huge to me overall.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: