Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:52:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228003 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Brides of Destruction
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brides of Destruction  (Read 17471 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« on: February 13, 2004, 01:57:09 PM »

Anyone here hear their first album (Here Come the Brides), And if so, any good?

I read much of it hinges on a nu-metal style (oh no)

BTW- it's the band Nikki Sixx put together with Traci Gunns
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 01:58:25 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 02:46:43 PM »

It's not out 'til march 9th dude you can listen to the e-card on the site though it sounds ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 03:20:21 PM »

Yeah, i know

I was referring to leaks, advance copies, etc.

PS. It's been out in Japan for months already

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 01:52:44 PM »

Classic Rock Review of 'Here Come The Brides'

Wedded bliss
Do you take this band? Motley Cr?e coffin cheater Nikki Sixx hooks up with Tracii Guns to twist rock's steaming entrails into post-millennial, punk-metal shapes. As you do.

Brides Of Destruction 'Here Come The Brides' (Mayan) IS IT REALLY MORE THAN TWO DECADES ago that a bunch of snotty brats from Los Angeles calling themselves Motley Cr?e assaulted the rock world with their brash, cocksure mix of metal, glam and punk? Yep, Motley Cr?e introduced themselves in 1981 by telling us all they were 'Too Fast For Love'. Now, it's 2003 and Cr?e bassist Nikki Sixx has gone backwards to go forwards by introducing us to his latest experiment in twisting the entrails of rock'n'roll into post-millennial shapes: Brides Of Destruction.

Actually, there's nothing innovative at all about these Brides as they deliver a snot-rag of punk, metal and attitude. And despite the presence of both Sixx and LA Guns guitarist Tracii Guns, the band also never sound like they're trying to relive past glories which have long since ceased to be of
relevance to the incumbents. Amazingly, this lot do sound hungry, vicious, eager and downright nasty, There's no feeling of flab or exotic lifestyle here; this could easily be a bunch of kids from the gutter aiming a suitable kick at the collective groins of the penthouse set.

Nikki and Tracii are joined by former Adema drummer Scot Coogan and a chap called London Le Grand, and they make a ferocious statement of intent from the start with the anthemic and bullish 'Shut The Fuck Up', the sort of crazed, wired sound that so many punk and metal bands these days would love to write - if only they had the balls. '1 Don't Care' is a potential hit single cast in stone and forged in a furnace of Ramones and Motorhead, while '2 Times Dead' is an almost narcotic flash of early Motley spinning madly around the moshpit with The Misfits.

There's isn't a dud among the nine songs here, and unlike so many these days the Brides don't make the mistake of overloading the album just to fill up space: each song has been carefully constructed, and then tossed into the gutter to give it that messed-up, beat-up feel. And if you don't have shivers running down your spine when you stare down the barrel of Natural Born Killers' you must have ice in your veins.

It's difficult to know where Brides Of Destruction will go from here. Nikki has a commitment to one final round in the ring with Motley, and will Tracii avoid the lure of returning to LA Guns to make a quick and easy buck? But if anyone thinks that Brides is a vanity project from two middle-aged rock stars who just got bored and fancied reliving the past, then the reality is gonna kick them right where it hurts, This is the sort of album that many younger bands won't understand because it's for real. The faux cutting edge and brutality that so many people believe can pass for rock'n'roll in 2004 is shown up here as the irrelevant refuge of those incapable of staring straight into the eye of the storm.

'Here Come The Brides' is stripped-down, honest music from a band who won't play the corporate ballgame. You get the feeling that if this 101 had an altercation with one of those blingdripping A&R types, then the latter would end up picking his teeth out of his arse. Nice to know that the old school can still teach kids about the rebel yell.

Malcolm Dome

« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 01:54:34 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 01:56:47 PM »

Sounds awesome *hunts about for money to buy it with*

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 07:02:53 PM »

I may have to go buy this.  Nothing like some good sleaze metal.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Estranger
Opening Act

Hey Fuckups....

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 04:44:07 AM »

The album is all over the internet so just download it.

It?s a really cool album, london (the singer) is great and so is the band.

Not really cutting edge material but a damn good rock n?roll record!

/Estranger

Don't hail me and don't idolize the ink or I've failed in my attentions can you find the missing link
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 06:27:45 PM »

The album is all over the internet so just download it.

It?s a really cool album, london (the singer) is great and so is the band.

Not really cutting edge material but a damn good rock n?roll record!

/Estranger
But, if I download something and I like it, I buy it.  I don't just download it and get it for free.  It's people like you that are making the RIAA sue 12 yr old girls.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 07:05:46 PM »

I'm gonna get it for sure

That was a good review, surprise, surprise
Thanks for putting it up, Stoned

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2004, 12:40:28 PM »

Found this looking around the net:

March belongs to BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION, who are set to release their sneering, hook-filled debut HERE COME THE BRIDES March 9 on Sanctuary Records. Buzzing at radio with the first single "Shut The F**k Up," BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION will make their U.S. television performance debut Monday, March 8 on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The same night, BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION will appear on the live, nationally syndicated radio show Rockline at 8:30 PM Pacific/11:30 PM Eastern.  On the day of their album's release--Tuesday, March 9--the band have confirmed a live in-store performance at Tower Records in Los Angeles (Sunset Boulevard). They'll follow this one week later with a Monday, March 15 performance on The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn.

BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION is the new group founded by two of hard rock's most lethal characters--NIKKI SIXX, the primary songwriter and bassist for Motley Crue, and TRACII GUNS, best known as axeman for L.A. Guns--and rounded out by lead vocalist LONDON LEGRAND and drummer SCOT COOGAN. The group is garnering early critical acclaim for HERE COME THE BRIDES. In a three star review in the new Rolling Stone (March 4, 2004), writer Matt Diehl noted: "On tracks such as 'Shut The F**k Up,' the Brides marry garage rock with live-wire riffage that recalls vintage Crue, circa 1982...Throughout, Brides show toady's whippersnappers how to deliver real cock-rock shock--even the de rigueur power ballad 'Only Get So Far' has cojones."

Elsewhere, Metal Edge praised the album, saying: "Healthy measures of punk, metal and irresistible pop makes HERE COME THE BRIDES an early contender to beat for album of the year" (April 2004). In a Bass Guitar cover story (April 2004), writer Chris Gill enthuses: "...unapologetically balls-to-the-walls rock band with echoes of vintage L.A. glam-metal, Stooges-style street rock and British punk a la the Dead Boys and Generation X. The group's debut, HERE COME THE BRIDES (Sanctuary), has a familiar but ferocious sound that SIXX hopes will once again kick-start rock and roll's heart."

Produced by Stevo Bruno and mixed by Steve Thompson (Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn), the album breaks from the gate with "Shut The F**k Up," a musical middle finger thrust at double-talking politicos. The BRIDES take off from there, slamming out songs of seduction ("I Don't Care"), mortality ("Brace Yourself") and rage ("I Got A Gun"). In an interview with Guitar World magazine (April 2004) NIKKI SIXX says: "There are some tracks where it's just a total fucking car crash. It's like, is this Cheap Trick? Is this the Misfits? Is this the Buzzcocks? I know! It's the fucking Brides!"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 05:45:56 AM »

Here Come The Brides -- All Dressed in Black: Stingley's Conversation With Guitarist Tracii Guns

When you write for a living, especially about rock, now and then people will ask you- ?Who would you really love to interview if you could interview anyone in the world, living or dead??

This is a great first date question, but no one really cares, and very rarely does the person being asked get to live to see the opportunity to actually do such a thing. Assuming that interviews with Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha and Jenna Jameson aren?t going to happen in your lifetime, you go to your strengths. For me, it?s a short list: but it changes frequently. Last week I really wanted to talk to that guy who keeps leaving Chinese take-out menus under my door and ask him why he thinks I need 8 copies of the same menu from a restaurant that I don?t order from. Usually, as a New Yorker, I have it in mind that I would like to speak to whoever is in charge of the subway system, and ask why the fuck the 1/9 train is so fucking slow. Mostly, when it comes to KNAC.COM, it?s a musician. With so many great musicians to choose from who have ?shuffled off this mortal coil?, there?s no chance of getting Johnny Thunders, Jimi Hendrix, or Sid Vicious; and so on. Among the living, and discounting people I have interviewed, I figure Pete Steele from Type O Negative is one. Andrew Edlritch from The Sisters Of Mercy is another. Angus Young and Steve Harris for sure. (Pink, oddly enough, is another: but I only have the one question.) And then there is a guy whom I think is the most underrated guitarist in the world? Tracii Guns.

From his early years on the Sunset Strip, helping forge the band that became a household name, to the eponymous LA Guns, who didn?t, Tracii has played and played and played and played. I have never witnessed a show where Tracii didn?t look like he wasn?t playing his heart out. His musical influences are many, and he evokes a loveable stage persona that seems to translate into his life. The guy just loves rock. Aside from various transitory band members, and their occasional bickering, has anyone ever said a bad word about the guy? If he had a sitcom, it ought to be called, ?Everybody Loves Tracii.?

So I got to talk to Tracii Guns. He?s doing his thing with Brides Of Destruction now. Tracii Guns is an LA dude; and KNAC is LA. Me? I?m a New Yorker and a Johnny Thunders fan who has always secretly believed that what Tracii was about, was a ?New York-thing.? Wrong or right, I got to speak to him on the phone for a little bit. When you do these things, there is always a time-constraint. So you don?t get to ask the questions you intended to ask (for example, I didn?t get to ask him his opinion on Rolling Stone?s ?Top 500 Guitarists? piece), but you get some cool stuff and you have fun. So what you are left with is two guys who love music? just bullshitting and having fun.

GUNS: MICK! How you doin??

KNAC.COM: TRACII GUNS!
GUNS: [Laughs] Hey, man?

KNAC.COM: I?m psyched! I?m listening to Johnny Thunders right now! It?s been Thunders and Brides all day!
GUNS: Awwright? nice!

KNAC.COM: So, have you been doing press all day? How?s it going?
GUNS: It?s, it?s-- fun! I feel like I?m twenty!

KNAC.COM: Oh, yeah -- you just had a birthday! Happy birthday!
GUNS: Oh yeah, well, thank you? I?m TWENTY!

KNAC.COM: [Laughs] What did you do for your birthday?
GUNS: Uh? what did we do? We went to Miceli?s and? me and my girl, and a bunch of friends of ours. And then we went and we all jammed at The Baked Potato afterwards.

KNAC.COM: Right on. So, I know you?ve probably been answering questions all day?
GUNS: Oh, that?s cool?

KNAC.COM: I?m probably going to jump all over the place, but I?ll try to stay focused and get the ball rolling? okay? The Brides of Destruction?
GUNS: Oh, yeah!

KNAC.COM: I just read your recent post at the [Brides?] website you have possible tour plans, but nothing?s confirmed and you?re not saying anything until it gets confirmed? but you?ve got some things coming up, like, you?re doing Jimmy Kimmel?
GUNS: Mm-hmm?

KNAC.COM: And? do you want to talk about some of that?
GUNS: Yeah, we got, uhmm? the Jimmy Kimmel thing?s happening. Nikki?s going to host that whole week, so, we?re getting some love from some people, you know? So? Yeah! You know, people really dig the record and stuff, and really, but believe me - no one?s heard anything yet! You know? our record, this record, Here Come The Brides was the first thing we did almost two years ago. We love it! But we?ve been listening to it for two years -- we?re so ready to do another record -- it?s funny.

KNAC.COM: Cool. Well, since you?ve got all this new stuff that you?ve been doing, and you have the record, which comes out March 9th, but was online for a while? how do you describe what you?re doing now? This record strikes me as the perfect marriage of punk and rock.
GUNS: Well, what we?re doin? now is? ?we?re lettin? it flow.? You know, after we finished recording all those songs, we went down the hall, back to our rehearsal room, and wrote almost 30 more songs. Thinking that those original songs that we recorded were just a demo -- and lo and behold -- they ended up being our first album. A lot of the stuff that we had written directly after that, was you know, a little bit more -- four guys in a room bashing it out. You know, a lot of the songs that are on the first record, you know, we had written with outside writers, and, you know, just to get the band kind of started, to get the feel of the band?s chemistry? So after we were done finishing the recording of that, we were a band! And we wrote all this stuff -- new stuff which is now a year old - [and it] is a little bit more on the aggressive side, and you know, it?s like a mixing of rockabilly with speed metal with, with.. you know? it?s just all over the place! The new stuff that me and Nikki have been writing in the last few weeks is everything from Kings And Queens-era Aerosmith to 39 by Queen, you know? we?re just writing some way, way out there stuff; some fun, fun rock!

KNAC.COM: Given that you are considering touring the record, even though you?ve only done a couple of shows and are getting your sea-legs, are you going to take the mike at any point and rip out ?Red House??
GUNS: You know, that never even crossed my mind -- I did it on my birthday! That?s the only song I can sing! That, and ?Chinese Rocks?? you know, that?s kind of-- maybe, I think, the plot of the band is to do ?whatever? live. We?re looking forward to opening for, at least, two or three months, you know? Just a short 45-minute set, opening for bands that are huge? and getting the point of the band across, which is: A FUN BRUTAL ROCK BAND! And? when we start headlining, we?ll probably stretch out and I?ll probably get to do something like that. We?ll probably add a few [LA] Guns and [Motley] Crue songs to the set, too. Regardless of what people think, a lot of those are great songs, and, you know, and those fans -- some of our fans -- are definitely gonna wanna hear ?em. So, by the time we?re headlining, there?ll be a lot of music going on up there on stage!

KNAC.COM: So this isn?t a side project, this is a full-on band, ?no ifs, ands or buts??
GUNS: Oh, no, no, no! This is OUR band! You know, umm? the other bands, the Guns and the Crue, and that stuff -- that stuff is always gonna be there; it?s already established. We can do it whenever we need to. You know, Nikki?s planning on doing something in 2005 with the Crue? you know at least a tour -- and they have a movie coming out, so, he?s going to have to get busy at the end of 2004, probably, with the Crue, for at least a year. And, at that time? you know, I?m probably going to take a break! Because I?ve been kinda going nonstop -- all the way from? well, from then until now! [Laughs] I didn?t? ever take a break with LA Guns; my first and last break was when I went right from the last LAG tour, into the Brides rehearsal room, with only two days in between.

KNAC.COM: So then you?re not on this new LA Guns thing, then?
GUNS: No, no.

KNAC.COM: That?s pretty weird.
GUNS: Oh, well, ehhh? I don?t know. They-- they just did a cover record, though.

KNAC.COM: I saw that on the site. All covers. I thought that picture of Phil was a hats-off to Johnny Thunders?
GUNS: Well, with LAG, we were all trying to! When we started, it was something like, ?Why don?t we all just look like Johnny Thunders from different eras?? [Laughs] Okay, that works! So, you know, they?re staying true to their tradition.

go here to read the rest http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=2853
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 05:51:13 AM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
kujo722
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 06:45:39 AM »

Alright, I got this last night and loved it after the first listen. It's nothing groundbreaking or extremely original, just some good straight forward kick-ass rock n roll. Shut the Fuck Up, Natural Born Killers, and Only Get So Far are the standouts for me after one listen.

Obviously not everyone will like this band, but they are at least worth checking out while we are waiting on a certain other CD to be released.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 10:45:49 AM »

I downloaded the album yesterday (from iTunes, so don't start about the evils of downloading music free you guys  Wink ), and am only now getting around to listing to it.  After first listen I am really impressed with the album as a whole.  My favorite tracks were Shut the Fuck Up, Brace Yourself and I really really liked Life, that track kicked a ton of ass.  Really no bad tracks, though, those three were just my favorites.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2004, 06:10:36 PM »

BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION bassist Nikki Sixx has posted the following in the Talk Shit section at www.bridesofdestruction.com:

"It Feels New Again...

The Tower instore was so much fun. Tracii said it's really our first gig, and he's correct in the fact that it was all of us.

I was blown away by the support from fans. People came from Australia, Japan, Mexico and all over the States.

Of course many of you saw Leno and I think it was pretty good, but not up to par for this band. Being human, nerves inch their way into such performances. I'm sure Kilbourne (on Monday) will feel better to us all. What can I say? It's only rock n roll...

Now, the funniest part of all this... Somehow, somewhere people stated calling us a punk band... As much as I love punk, I think that's a stretch! I hear metal, rock, pop and ya maybe some punk. I think we have a lot more depth to us than maybe even we know. There's a lot of talent in this band. And we're just getting started...

I want to thank everybody for the support. Fuck, what can I say...

It feels new again.

N.S.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2004, 10:29:34 PM »

Yeah, I saw the Brides on Leno the other night.  They were totally great, except for when the censors butchered the title of the song.  When London sang, "Shut the fuck up!", it came out sounding more like, "Shut the UH up!"  That was really weird, but it was the only bad part in what was a really cool performance.  Here come the Brides!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2004, 04:55:26 AM »

www.knac.com

Brides of Destruction Live Debut/ Album Release Party In Hollywood

By Sefany Jones, Editor
Wednesday, March 10, 2004 @ 1:28 AM

Brides of Destruction Play First-Ever Gig at Tower Records in Hollywood, CA on March 9th, 2004

Here come the Brides of Destruction? all dressed in black, fresh from the altar, and ready for the honeymoon! And what a better way to pop their cherry then right in front of 500 of their most zealous, screaming fans!

The Brides performed live for their first time ever at the infamous Tower Records on Sunset Blvd. in honor of their debut release, Here Come the Brides. Hundreds of fans lined up voraciously in scores to see the pairing of Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx and ex-LA Guns axemaster Tracii Guns, along with brand new vocalist London Le Grande and drummer Scot Coogan.

The band took to the small stage, a foot off the ground, amidst pushed-back racks of CDs in the middle of the record store. They kicked off the set with the smoldering track ?Natural Born Killers.? I haven?t hear the album yet for comparison, but Tracii Guns was soloing like a crazy madman, and the song seemed to last forever. When their burst into their first single, ?Shut the Fuck Up,? the place went wild and you could feel the chemistry of the foursome as thick as mercury.

They kept the train rolling on with ?Brace Yourself,? ?Life? and lastly, ?I Don?t Care,? which they took an especially long time wrapping up -- maybe because they seemed to be enjoying themselves so much. Or maybe they were afraid to get to the autograph session after seeing how many people actually turned up for this event! Hell, guys and girls alike we pushing each other out of the way to touch Nikki, Tracii and London?s hands like they were giving away free chronic! There was screaming, crying, fans clutching on to various merchandise ? waving it in the air. Nikki ended the show by shoving his bass up through the ceiling tile, reinforcing that rock is not dead, it?s just not quite as destructive.

All in all ? the band sounded incredible (and incredibly loud!), London is a very charismatic frontman ? he?s got the vocals and the looks (and he?s freaking tall!) ? they definitely put on a great teaser gig!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2004, 08:09:51 AM »

Coming off two high-voltage television performances--The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (March Cool and The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn (March 15)-- BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION, are off to a strong start with their critically acclaimed debut album HERE COME THE BRIDES (Sanctuary Records). The disc--an adrenalized meld of punk, garage-rock and metal, shot through with sneering bravado--debuted in the Top 100 on Billboard's Top 200, selling over 13,000 copies in its first week. The first single "Shut The F**k Up"--a musical middle finger thrust at double-talking politicos--is now buzzing loudly at radio, while May tour plans are currently in the works.

BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION is the new group founded by two of hard rock's most lethal characters--NIKKI SIXX, the primary songwriter and bassist for Motley Crue, and TRACII GUNS, best known as axeman for L.A. Guns and rounded out by lead vocalist LONDON LEGRAND and drummer SCOT COOGAN. Over 500 fans crammed into Tower Records on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles on the day of the album's release to hear a smoldering set that included "Shut The F**k Up" and "I Don't Care." After the performance, the band signed autograph copies of the album until 2:30 AM.

Here are critical soundbites from HERE COME THE BRIDES reviews:

"Hard rock is fun again the Brides marry garage rock with live-wire riffage. Brides show today's whippersnappers how to deliver real cock-rock shock..."
-- Matt Diehl, Rolling Stone, March 4, 2004

"Brides of Destruction features refugees of two of metal's biggest '80s bands in Crue's Nikki Sixx and Tracii Guns of L.A. Guns (and a founding member of Guns 'N' Roses). They roar out of the gate in one of the best hard rock debut albums in the last 20 years.  The band launches a new rock anthem in 'Shut the ... Up, 'Lead vocalist London LeGrand whines like Johnny Rotten on lines like 'Doesn't really matter what I say/Nobody listens to us anyway,' and the track is a pure adrenaline rush from start to finish, one that will have you hitting the replay button over and over. All the makings of a truly great rock 'n' roll band are here: aggression, defiance, speed and (sometimes) subtlety. Here's hoping this is one marriage that lasts.
--Wayne Perry, Associated Press, March 11, 2004

"With veteran metal heads Tracii Guns and Nikki Sixx (formerly of LA Guns and Motley Crue, respectively) as the driving force, this all-star metal band delivers the three Vs: volume, velocity and virtuosity. Head-banging is mandatory as the group, fronted by singer London LeGrand, works through songs such as 'Shut The F--- Up' (dedicated to all the politicos who would be king), the bluesy 'Natural Born Killers' and the thrash 'n' burn '2 x Dead. 'excellent: It has snap and crackle"
                                    --Dan Aquilante, New York Post, March 9, 2004

"Brides Of Destruction's twenty-first-century spin on '80s L.A. rock is forward-thinking and nastily catchy"
                                    --Maura Johnston, Blender, April 2004

"we're talkin' some serious bruising white-knuckle rockOn 'Brace Yourself,' 'Revolution,' and the triumphant 'Life' (where Coogan sings lead!), he simply pounds out one granite-solid groove after the other."
                                    --Andy Doerschuk, DRUM!, March/April 2004

"Healthy measures of punk, metal and irresistible pop make HERE COMES THE BRIDES an early contender to beat for album of the year."
                                    --Roger Lotring, METAL EDGE, April 2004

"There's nothing 'fairytale' at all about HERE COMES THE BRIDES. Nope, it's a straight-up street-metal album, veiled in flash and attitudesounding like the unholy offspring of Steve Tyler and Johnny Rotten, singer London LeGrand is the Brides secret weapon. This cat's whiskey-soaked pipes should make him a force to be reckoned with HERE COMES THE BRIDES is refreshing as it evokes a time when rock music was upbeat and unassuming--and reveled in its ability to kick ass. Check it out."
                                    --Jim Kaz, ZERO MAGAZINE, February 2004
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 03:28:25 PM »

Did anyone see them on the Tonight Show (with Jay Leno) last night?

They are too nu-metal for me.

I don't think they are nu-metal in the least. I'm sure many will disagree with me, but I think "Shut The Fuck Up" is their weakest song. Having it as their first single doesn't do the album justice.  I didn't care for it too much when I first heard it so I didn't expect much from the cd at all, but I was pleasantly surprised when I finally gotten around to listen to it. I fell in love with it on my first listen and can't keep it out of my cd player! It is an incredibly strong rock n roll record. "Life," "I Don't Care," "Revolution," and "Natural Born Killers" are some of the tracks that stand out for me, but you have to listen to the whole thing to really experience what a great record it is.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 03:34:22 PM »

Did anyone see them on the Tonight Show (with Jay Leno) last night?

They are too nu-metal for me.

I don't think they are nu-metal in the least. I'm sure many will disagree with me, but I think "Shut The Fuck Up" is their weakest song. Having it as their first single doesn't do the album justice.  I didn't care for it too much when I first heard it so I didn't expect much from the cd at all, but I was pleasantly surprised when I finally gotten around to listen to it. I fell in love with it on my first listen and can't keep it out of my cd player! It is an incredibly strong rock n roll record. "Life," "I Don't Care," "Revolution," and "Natural Born Killers" are some of the tracks that stand out for me, but you have to listen to the whole thing to really experience what a great record it is.

It really is a class album and is definately not Nu-Metal, i agree with you you need to listen to all of it to get the real feel, i mean it may only be 9 tracks but they are all fuckin' class my stand out ones are 'Shut The Fuck Up', 'Natural Born Killers', 'Revolution' and 'Only Get So Far' but hell they all rock i advise you all to buy the goddamn album ok
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2004, 02:31:23 PM »

Yeah, it is definitely one cd worth buying! The only real negative about it is that it's only 9 tracks. I wish we could have had more! "Only Get So Far" is a great song, I can't believe I forgot that one! "Brace Yourself" is another one I forgot. Oh hell, they are all magnificent!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: