Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 10:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228023 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Brides of Destruction
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brides of Destruction  (Read 17479 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2004, 03:51:43 PM »

Hey i seen this cd in stores and i loce Traci guns and Nikki Sixx.. i got 2 questions..whos the singer and is it worth picking up?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Psycho
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2004, 10:17:44 PM »

I got the CD last week, its good and im happy with it
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2004, 08:06:23 PM »

Got the cd on Friday and it kicks ass the only downside is that it only has 9 songs ,but definatly worth buying.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2004, 11:45:45 PM »

Hey i seen this cd in stores and i loce Traci guns and Nikki Sixx.. i got 2 questions..whos the singer and is it worth picking up?

London Le Grand is the singer.

And I wouldn't worry about the fact that the disc only has 9 songs. They have a bunch of others already. It's not like these guys are only gonna release one album ok

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2004, 10:44:39 PM »

The more I listen to this cd the more I love it .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2004, 01:55:55 PM »

Taken from www.bridesofdestruction.com

April 2004
30 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights

May 2004[/u]
1 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
2 - Norfolk, VA - The NorVa
3 - Baltimore, MD - Thunderdome
5 - New York, NY - C.B.G.B.
6 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
7 - Hartford, CT - Webster Theatre / Underground
8 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
9 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero / Balcony Bar
11 - Toronto, Ontario - Opera House
12 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mr. Smalls Fun House/Theatre
13 - Cleveland, OH - Odeon Concert Club
14 - Detroit, MI - Majestic Theatre
15 - Chicago, IL - Metro
17- Milwaukee, WI - The Rave / Eagles Club

June 2004[/u]
6 - Donnington, UK Castle Donnington
      appearing with "Download Festival"  
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 02:00:01 PM by STONED IN THE NORTH » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2004, 04:39:33 AM »

Got the album the other day, fantastic album.

I haven't heard any LA Guns, but Tracii's guitar work is very good and i may have to go hunt for some.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2004, 03:58:45 PM »

I recently got tickets to see Brides in London in June  Grin and i was wondering if anyone else has seen them and were they any good.

How was London, is he as good live as he is in the studio?

What was their setlist? Did they play any Crue or LA Guns songs?

And what were the support acts (Amen and Living things) like?
 peace

I got a thought that would be nice
I like to crush your head tight in my vice - PAIN!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 05:16:57 PM »

I recently got tickets to see Brides in London in June  Grin and i was wondering if anyone else has seen them and were they any good.

How was London, is he as good live as he is in the studio?

What was their setlist? Did they play any Crue or LA Guns songs?

And what were the support acts (Amen and Living things) like?
 peace

Doesn't look like anyone on this board has seen them yet, i will be seeing them though in 2 weeks at The Download Festival in Donnington so i tell you what i think, when in June are you seeing them cos im seeing them on the 5th/6th
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2004, 01:44:44 PM »

People are definately missing out.

I'm seeing them in Camdem on June 9th.

I'm meant to be revising for exams but the excitment is killing me and so i just sit and listen to the album all the time. I have waited so long to see both Nikki Sixx and Tracii Guns and now i get two at once!

I'm sure they will be great at Download but i doubt they will play a full set with Motley and LA Guns included.
Have a good time though ok

I got a thought that would be nice
I like to crush your head tight in my vice - PAIN!!!!!
Ric0
Opening Act

crawling in the dark

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2004, 08:00:27 AM »

yeah download is gunna be soooo sweet!

the album has a range of songs rtanging from punkish to just good old rock and roll
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2004, 03:25:10 PM »

Brides of Destruction Live at Paradise in Boston, MA on May 6th, 2004
Review from www.knac.com

Brides of Destruction, the much talked about new band featuring Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue), guitarist Tracii Guns (LA Guns), vocalist London Le Grand, and drummer Scot Coogan, rolled into Boston and played the Paradise Rock Club on May 6. Playing to a packed house, but not quite sold out, the band delivered a night of volume, velocity, and virtuosity.

The Brides, who are touring in support of their new album, Here Comes The Brides on Sanctuary Records, opened the show with "Shut the Fuck Up" and played most of the songs off their new CD, except the ballad, including, "I Got A Gun," "Life" with drummer Scot Coogan on vocals and the raunchy blues of "Natural Born Killers."

Dressed in a long suede coat, singer London Le Grand did a good job of covering the LA Guns songs "Never Enough" and "Bastard." The band also played some Crue songs. The audience was really into the renditions of the old school songs. It was interesting to see how Nikki and Tracii from the ?80s genre, and twentysomething London Le Grand pulled off their new musical sound. The concert was raw, gritty and in your face.

Tracii Guns ripped through the set with punkish raw energy. I have always enjoyed Tracii's playing and with the Brides, you can tell he is having the time of his life playing with his buddy Nikki Sixx. It was cool to see Nikki's wife Donna at the show.

Sixx Says, "The Brides of Destruction give me the same feeling I had on the first Motley Crue tour. I feel brand new again and looking forward to getting out there and bloodying some lips and blackening some eyes, old school rock and roll style"

The Brides put the danger back in Rock and Roll. Sixx says, "The Brides originally entered the studio with the intention of just cutting demos, but was floored by what they captured on tape."

The Brides will be touring throughout the month of May in the US and Canada, and will be headed off to Europe for the month of June, where they will be playing major festivals alongside bands as Metallica, Korn and the Chili Peppers. They will return to the US for additional dates in July. Definably check out the Brides on tour this summer. They have a raw, fresh, energy that you can only experience live. For further tour dates, check out www.bridesofdestruction.com.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2004, 08:39:29 PM »

Former M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx is said to have injured a fan at a BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION show in Las Vegas Saturday night (May 22) after allegedly hurling his bass guitar into the crowd during the band's performance. The following eyewitness account was posted on the Metal Sludge web site:

"Just got back from the [BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION] show in Sparks, NV @ The New Oasis.

"Part way thru the set Tracii [Guns] threw his guitar out to the crowd. Next thing you know, Nikki goes over to Tracii's side of the stage and LAUNCHED HIS FUCKING BASS AT MACH 10 speed into the crowd. He then jumped down with Tracii and all hell fucking broke loose. After the crowd was pushed away by security and Nikki was pulled back on stage (giving whomever he hit with the bass the middle finger and saying 'Fuck You!') there was a kid on the floor lying in a pool of blood... and he was not moving. I am not dramatizing this at all... it was a very uncomfortable situation. People were pissed off at what had happened. This was an all-ages show, by the way.

"A few minutes go by, paramedics are there and they revive the kid from what I heard. I saw him get up and his head was FUCKED.

"10-15 minutes later the roadie comes up and says they are going to finish the show. He blamed the incident on the moshing that was happening. [What the fuck]? Everyone was joking 'Just as long as they quit throwing shit at us (the audience).' Sad to say, [BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION] should have called it a night. They never recaptured the energy."  

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2004, 03:21:44 AM »

Former M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx is said to have injured a fan at a BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION show in Las Vegas Saturday night (May 22) after allegedly hurling his bass guitar into the crowd during the band's performance. The following eyewitness account was posted on the Metal Sludge web site:

"Just got back from the [BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION] show in Sparks, NV @ The New Oasis.

"Part way thru the set Tracii [Guns] threw his guitar out to the crowd. Next thing you know, Nikki goes over to Tracii's side of the stage and LAUNCHED HIS FUCKING BASS AT MACH 10 speed into the crowd. He then jumped down with Tracii and all hell fucking broke loose. After the crowd was pushed away by security and Nikki was pulled back on stage (giving whomever he hit with the bass the middle finger and saying 'Fuck You!') there was a kid on the floor lying in a pool of blood... and he was not moving. I am not dramatizing this at all... it was a very uncomfortable situation. People were pissed off at what had happened. This was an all-ages show, by the way.

"A few minutes go by, paramedics are there and they revive the kid from what I heard. I saw him get up and his head was FUCKED.

"10-15 minutes later the roadie comes up and says they are going to finish the show. He blamed the incident on the moshing that was happening. [What the fuck]? Everyone was joking 'Just as long as they quit throwing shit at us (the audience).' Sad to say, [BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION] should have called it a night. They never recaptured the energy."  

Ok first it was a dumb thing to do but then to swear at the person they'd just injured that's real nice im guessing Nikki is still on the drugs either that or he's just a twat either way i expect better of him i just hope the report is false
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2004, 10:48:46 AM »

Im w9ondering if there will be a lawsuit involved in this?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2004, 11:01:31 AM »

Im wondering if there will be a lawsuit involved in this?

Ok let's assume that the report is 100% true.  Nikki Sixx a world famous musician seriously injures a fan by through his Bass without thinking the proceeds to flip him off.  Now ok if i was like the biggest fan in the world id consider letting it go e.g. if Axl threw his mic stand and it twated me in the end, but unless im reading it wrong it said Nikki flipped the guy off after now hell i would be so pissed id sue his ass to hell for that.  I mean it says he;

'giving whomever he hit with the bass the middle finger and saying 'Fuck You!'

Like i said before i pray it's;

A) Not True

or

B) Not quite how it's been put e.g. it was an accident and Nikki did NOT flip the guy off
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2004, 11:06:05 PM »

That story was highly exaggerated according to the posters on sludge.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2004, 01:48:46 AM »

I guess some of you have heard this song, I think it is amazing. I like it a lot, very simple with a twist in the end. Classic song.

I hope it hits the charts.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2004, 08:46:28 AM »

I agree great song like all the tracks on the album, and it would be one of my top choices as a single, i would prefer Natural Born Killers to come out as a single that is so amazing.  BTW should n't this be in the Brides thread?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2004, 10:49:51 PM »

From Blabbermouth:

BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION guitarist Tracii Guns has refuted published reports that his B.O.D. bandmate Nikki Sixx (ex-M?TLEY CR?E) knocked a Nevada fan out last Saturday night (May 22) when he flung his instrument into the crowd and clocked the guy in the head.

Describing the previously published account of what supposedly transpired that night as a "crock [of] shit," Guns wrote in a posting to the Metal Sludge "Gossip Board" that "Nikki threw his bass to Scott Sorry from AMEN just before he jumped in the crowd to find me. Problem was? Nikki jumped right over me into the crowd then I had to jump in to tell him I wasn't in the crowd. Nobody's instrument hit anyone but Scott. The kid ripped his eye-ring out of his eye dodging flying fists and then ended up on the bottom of the pile. In a nice puddle of eye-ring blood. Just another night on the first leg of the tour.

"This ain't a classic rock tour," Guns continued. "Some nights it's brutal in the crowd, and there is usually one fuctard starting shit in the crowd. At almost every show someone got punched shoved or bludgeoned with some idiot's out-of-controlness. We tried to get with the people that got injured and gave them swag, beer and a sandwich."

Confirmation From Tracii that reports were way over the top concerning the bass throwing incident.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: