Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 10:44:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227979 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189712 times)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2006, 11:15:11 AM »

i'd say rooney is currently as good as anyone one earth with the exception of ronaldinho.

well, not currently. currently he's a cripple.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2006, 05:01:45 PM »

Bah!  Henry's better than Rooney, even when he's not a cripple.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2006, 05:54:17 PM »

I rate hargreaves. Jenas is just pants. He cant defend and cant attack.

Look at it this way... Hargreaves is anything but an impact player. Yes, he is all right; though, to be honest I haven't seen him play any time recently. I thought he wasn't getting a game, there was talk of him coming to play in England during both previous transfer windows.

Hargreaves is always going to be starting on the bench. He is there for cover (for Joe Cole on the left I guess, although Bridge is on the team so..........), and if he is bought on it will only be to defend a lead. Which would be typical Sven. Jenas can come on the last fifteen and have an impact, he can score goals and he can create chances. Hargreaves would come on and help sit on a 1-0 lead.

Arron Lennon though, seriously... When he does come on, say for the last fifteen, surely whoever we are playing is going to have to bring on some fresh legs either down the wing or at the full back position..............

I just hope the kid gets a chance to shine. Fifteen minutes would be enough.

Hargreaves is a hard worker and a defensive midfielder and a different type to carrick. and if ledley king is not going he is probally our toughest tackler out of the midfielders. . . thats why IMO he is a better player to take than Jenas.

AAron lennon on the break, with walcotts pace could be a dynamite last 15 mins duo. Just think we are 1-0 up and the opposition are leaving 2 on 2 at the back chasing the game. With Lennon and Walcott coming on fresh . . . their pace will destroy anyone. Thats why i think he has taken both of them ahead of Defoe and Wright-Phillips

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2006, 01:39:53 PM »

I wouldn't even say Rooney is the best player in the Premiership nevermind the world, I'd put Henry and Gerrard both ahead of him from the Premiership!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2006, 02:36:01 PM »

Well... Yes, but in regards to the England team Gerrard is droppable, Rooney isn't. The team can shift around and be pretty much as good without Gerrard (Carrick in a holding, let Lampard push forward); the same can't be said without Rooney.

It's like if you have the three best full backs in the world and the rest a team of mediocre players. One of the full backs has to be dropped, rather than be played out of position, for the good of the team... Your best starting XI isn't necesarily your best eleven players. Do you ken?

So while Gerrard may be a "better" player than Rooney, Rooney is more important to England.......

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2006, 07:44:35 PM »

Well... Yes, but in regards to the England team Gerrard is droppable, Rooney isn't. The team can shift around and be pretty much as good without Gerrard (Carrick in a holding, let Lampard push forward); the same can't be said without Rooney.

It's like if you have the three best full backs in the world and the rest a team of mediocre players. One of the full backs has to be dropped, rather than be played out of position, for the good of the team... Your best starting XI isn't necesarily your best eleven players. Do you ken?

So while Gerrard may be a "better" player than Rooney, Rooney is more important to England.......
Gerrard is only droppable to someone who has never seen a football match.

Gerrard is by far and a way England's best midfielder.

I see what you mean in the fact that we have no other options if Rooney is out, but just because Carrick and Lampard exists, it doesn't make Gerrard droppable, it just means stupid idiots might think it's not that much of a loss to the team, when in fact it is.

The reason Rooney is more important to England is because
   a) his performance at the Euro's
   b) Sven is a retard who previously played Gerrard wide on the left
   c) Sven left Bent, Defoe and Ashton out of the sqaud which means that our striking alternative has the worst balance, worst shot, no heading ability and is the most uncoordinated, weak player in the premiership.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
sandman
Legend

« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2006, 09:05:05 PM »

about a week to go. i can't wait!!

Group of Death is Group E.

U.S. will have a tough time advancing, which is a shame, cause this team has some serious talent on it.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2006, 09:25:28 PM »

about a week to go. i can't wait!!

Group of Death is Group E.

U.S. will have a tough time advancing, which is a shame, cause this team has some serious talent on it.

I believe Group B is the "death group". But groups E and F together can be a "death group" because we might have Brazil X Italy or Brazil X Czech Republic after the group stage
sandman
Legend

« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2006, 10:55:53 PM »

B is somewhat tough. but i would rank Group C above it - two teams with legitimate shots at winning it all.

the thing about Group E is that the U.S. is the 3rd best team in the group, and they have MAJOR upset potential. and Ghana is no pushover either. i have a feeling the U.S. will pull an upset, but lose their final game to them.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2006, 11:01:17 PM »

i'm scottish. therefore any group we encounter is always a "group of death".
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2006, 08:08:26 AM »

When I said group B, I meant C Tongue
The one with Argentina and Holland
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »

i'm scottish. therefore any group we encounter is always a "group of death".

You always seem to get piss easy groups for qualifying but never qualify...

How many times have you played the Faroe Islands in the last few years?

That's a hatrick for Doull
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2006, 07:58:48 PM »

Get a clue mate Gerrard dropable, you must be the only man in country with that point of veiw, so you not have sky sports?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2006, 08:12:12 PM »

Well in that case I have a question for you, mate.

Say that Rooney is fit, as is Owen. You're playing against an attack minded midfield that are going to put your back four under a lot of pressure. For the good of the team, you want to start with a holding midfielder, somebody who can keep on top of their defensive duty while providing quality distribution. Obviously your first choice is going to be Carrick, though it doesn't have to be. Maybe you're a Hargreaves man... In any case, who are you going to drop?

Gerrard is the better complete player, while Lampard is the better going forward. Who do you opt to take off in order to change the formation......

But of course, you're probably of the thinking that your best eleven players make up your best team for any given situation. Yuk yuk yuk.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2006, 08:23:33 PM »

a local pub is gonna show this tourney but they want a $10 cover charge cuz rights to show it are so expensive.... Shocked

spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2006, 08:38:02 PM »

Well in that case I have a question for you, mate.

Say that Rooney is fit, as is Owen. You're playing against an attack minded midfield that are going to put your back four under a lot of pressure. For the good of the team, you want to start with a holding midfielder, somebody who can keep on top of their defensive duty while providing quality distribution. Obviously your first choice is going to be Carrick, though it doesn't have to be. Maybe you're a Hargreaves man... In any case, who are you going to drop?

Gerrard is the better complete player, while Lampard is the better going forward. Who do you opt to take off in order to change the formation......

But of course, you're probably of the thinking that your best eleven players make up your best team for any given situation. Yuk yuk yuk.

Jim,

How is lampard more attacking than gerrard? who scored more goals this season?(gerrard) and which player is surrounded with better quality team mates(lampard)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2006, 09:08:55 PM »

I'm pretty sure that Gerrard didn't get more goals than Lampard...........

I'm certain at least that, in the Premiership, Lampard scored a fair few more than Gerrard did.  Lampard has also scored more for England. I think that today was his eleventh, but I'm not sure. Lampard is a pretty useless defender (see him get done up a treat today?) but, in my opinion, is superior to Gerrard at surging forward. His record for England speaks for itself, and he is by far the more effective of the two, so far, on the international stage...........

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2006, 08:32:49 AM »

I'm certain at least that, in the Premiership, Lampard scored a fair few more than Gerrard did.? Lampard has also scored more for England. I think that today was his eleventh, but I'm not sure. Lampard is a pretty useless defender (see him get done up a treat today?) but, in my opinion, is superior to Gerrard at surging forward. His record for England speaks for itself, and he is by far the more effective of the two, so far, on the international stage...........

Gerrard scored 1 more goal than Lampard this season, but bare in mind, Liverpool's season started in like July last year as they had to play the Champions League qualifying matches pre-season. I think Gerrard only scored more than Lampard because he got like a hat-trick against TNS in the qualifying (which, lets be serious, isn't a major achievement).
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2006, 08:56:02 AM »

I cant wait!  Im a huge football fan and will be cheering for Italy and for once, our neighbours Australia!(they'll need all the support they can get)

Brazils warm up game against my country, New Zealand, starts in 3 hours!

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2006, 06:56:38 AM »

I'm certain at least that, in the Premiership, Lampard scored a fair few more than Gerrard did.? Lampard has also scored more for England. I think that today was his eleventh, but I'm not sure. Lampard is a pretty useless defender (see him get done up a treat today?) but, in my opinion, is superior to Gerrard at surging forward. His record for England speaks for itself, and he is by far the more effective of the two, so far, on the international stage...........

Gerrard scored 1 more goal than Lampard this season, but bare in mind, Liverpool's season started in like July last year as they had to play the Champions League qualifying matches pre-season. I think Gerrard only scored more than Lampard because he got like a hat-trick against TNS in the qualifying (which, lets be serious, isn't a major achievement).

a midfielder to score a hat-trick in a professional match isn't a big enough achievement? no its not major, but it's still a pretty good achievement! TNS didn't get to play Liverpool by sitting on their arses the whole of the season, prior to the game.  hihi they weren't a terrible side, same goes for any other team that earns the right to try to qualify for the champions league!

anyway!

on topic!!  hihi

beer  Come On England  beer
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: