Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:53:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 189645 times)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #540 on: June 22, 2006, 06:36:22 PM »

sandman, i never said brazil were not a good team in the tournaments they didnt win. once again youre misrepresenting me. My point was that there must be a reason a team is dominant (3 out four from '58) then nothing for 6. then 3 outta 4.

And european teams still play in the same style. It is the individual players who have, on occasion, changed. Not to say that weve taken nothing tho.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #541 on: June 22, 2006, 06:40:20 PM »

estranged, i never said the brazilians play in that that style. they evolved and adapted to it. if they hadnt they wouldnt be doing well. which has always been my point. not that brazil play in a european way.

i understand english may not be your first language and i don't want to condescend, but you're reading things that i;m not writing.

i see what you're saying know. i totally misunderstood your point.

although i think you're kinda stating the obvious....all teams must learn to defend opponent's strengths.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
estranged.1098
« Reply #542 on: June 22, 2006, 06:44:20 PM »

i understand english may not be your first language and i don't want to condescend, but you're reading things that i;m not writing.

I'm guilty of that. But:

it was actually my point that brazil do not play the way the same was as they did 30 years ago. they have adapted to the european style. because if they hadn't they wouldn't be winning world cups nowadays.

I agree that Brazil adapted to the European style (and vice-versa). But still, Brazil plays the game almost the exact same way as 30 years ago. (Italy showed the same thing today by the way, I thought).
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »

i may be stating the obvious, but it was to answer a question of why  the dominant team in world football should go through a barren spell of a quarter century. pretty huge "failure" and there must be a reason.

more like looking at the historiography and the social evolution of football, if you will.

Also, History (in every sense) always repeats itself. Be it a revolution, depression, enlightenment or the change in style of a now global football world. By understanding the past you can predict the future.

Maybe i should've just made a joke about how the referee in the Australia v Croatia game gave the same player three yellow cards instead. That would've been easier.
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2006, 09:10:42 PM »

Australia 2 Croatia 2 aaaaaaaand thanks to Brazil v Japan, Australia is in the next round  Grin

Some of the umpiring decisions were absolutely phenomenal in this game. Australia got one deserved penalty but there was another clear one that wasn't awarded, one of the Croatian players was given 2 yellow cards yet stayed on the ground. I am not a huge fan of Mark Viduka but there were some clear free kicks that were not awarded to him, and yet when the same thing happened to another player, they were given the free kick.

Anyway, bring on the Italy match. I don't think Australia can win, but its a great thing for football in this country  peace
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #545 on: June 22, 2006, 09:37:56 PM »

Some of the umpiring decisions were absolutely phenomenal in this game.

Some of the what? Steady on love, this isn't tennis............

Grin Seriously though, I was cheering on you Aussies big style! I don't know what it is, but recently I've always had a thing for the Australians. Probably because of Emilie de Ravin..........

(no, seriously, it's isn't....................)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #546 on: June 22, 2006, 09:47:46 PM »

Croatia vs. Australia was the most exciting match so far, and what does german fucking free tv show? Japan vs. Brazil.
Fucking ridiculous.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2006, 09:58:50 PM »

Croatia vs. Australia was the most exciting match so far, and what does german fucking free tv show? Japan vs. Brazil.
Fucking ridiculous.

Not at all. Unless you have clairvoyants, why wouldn't you show the Brazilians?  Roll Eyes

What a fool you are.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #548 on: June 22, 2006, 10:00:08 PM »

Some of the umpiring decisions were absolutely phenomenal in this game.

Some of the what? Steady on love, this isn't tennis............

Grin Seriously though, I was cheering on you Aussies big style! I don't know what it is, but recently I've always had a thing for the Australians. Probably because of Emilie de Ravin..........

Haha sorry, I know some of my terminology isn't the best. I'm a fairly new, converted fan. I need to be brushed up on football terminology (but at least I'm calling it football, and not soccer, like 99% of Aussies!!)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #549 on: June 22, 2006, 10:02:41 PM »

Haha sorry, I know some of my terminology isn't the best. I'm a fairly new, converted fan. I need to be brushed up on football terminology (but at least I'm calling it football, and not soccer, like 99% of Aussies!!)

Your umpire reference was all in good fun, bit of a laugh.

But, seriously, if you had have said soccer, I would have had to kick your ass for real.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #550 on: June 22, 2006, 11:09:22 PM »

I assume Brownstone u're are from Argentina cuz it was the typical Bullshit comment an argentine could make... Anyway
U know Brazilian's love hate Argentina Football and Argentina hate's love brazilian football...  hihi

We're are growing like i said when the world cup started .... its just the beginning ...
Wait and see!

beer

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
yibbida
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #551 on: June 22, 2006, 11:13:58 PM »

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

What exciting games the Aussies are involved in, first the come from behind win against Japan, now the controversial draw against Croatia.  Expect fireworks against the Italians, Aussies have nothing to lose now, all out attack from here on in. 

Josh Kennedy, the next soccer superstar !
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #552 on: June 23, 2006, 05:06:30 AM »

I assume Brownstone u're are from Argentina cuz it was the typical Bullshit comment an argentine could make... Anyway
U know Brazilian's love hate Argentina Football and Argentina hate's love brazilian football...  hihi

We're are growing like i said when the world cup started .... its just the beginning ...
Wait and see!

beer

No,i'm from Germany

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
sandman
Legend

« Reply #553 on: June 23, 2006, 08:06:58 AM »

Fucking ridiculous.

you mean German TV does not show EVERY game?? that just seems crazy. every game is broadcast live in the US.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #554 on: June 23, 2006, 08:13:04 AM »

you mean German TV does not show EVERY game?? that just seems crazy. every game is broadcast live in the US.

He said German free TV. It's the same over here. We only have five (four...) standard television channels, so seeing as the final group games are played at the same time it would be pretty unfair to have two of those taken up by football. So whatever network gets the set of the games (the two games that finish the group) show one of the games (... the one that will attract more viewers. Hence showing Brazil being totally the right decision..........) on their terestrial channel, and the other one on their satelite channel.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 08:14:53 AM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #555 on: June 23, 2006, 09:05:15 AM »

shit, buy a freeview box for 30 bucks and you can get all the matches. not difficult.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #556 on: June 23, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »

i love aussie rules. the hypocricy in the title is what gets me. there clearly are no rules.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #557 on: June 23, 2006, 11:36:51 AM »

Fucking ridiculous.

If you prefer to watch Australi vs Croatia instead of Brazil vs Japan you have issues
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #558 on: June 23, 2006, 11:39:28 AM »

shit, buy a freeview box for 30 bucks and you can get all the matches. not difficult.

Yeah, that's true.

If you have Sky it doesn't matter though.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #559 on: June 23, 2006, 11:41:48 AM »

Fucking ridiculous.

If you prefer to watch Australi vs Croatia instead of Brazil vs Japan you have issues

Hahahaha

Ronaldo is the man he score 14 times in World Cups , he left Pele behind? confused
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 11:48:10 AM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: